Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 by carbon
Started on: 02-25-2012 03:43 PM
Replies: 810 (40145 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 12-04-2013 07:27 PM
Capitol City Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Capitol City Fiero (edited 02-10-2013).]

IP: Logged
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capitol City Fiero:

OK what happened to fieros.us all the midwest clubs hub????

Yay! It got re-registered, Its good until 2016 now.

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8 aka (Hat tip to Mr. J. Jones!)
http://jalopnik.com/5901950...or-her-sweet-sixteen
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 02-09-2013).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2013 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the time off, no need for hotel room as I have family in the area. Any info on event registration yet?
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Yay! It got re-registered, Its good until 2016 now.

I left a Voicemail for Tom asking about possibly taking over the domain and hosting/managing it myself...

I never heard back, but he obviously re-registered it after that..

Hopefully it gets maintained now.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2013 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My holidays got approved , i am going to book the hotel tomorrow .i went to the 25th but had to leave before the weekend but this time i get to to do the whole show .working hard to have a presentable car now.....
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who was in charge of contacting magazine publishers to see if they wanted to attend the show and do an article on it? PM me please.

-ryan
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok is there a registration form on line yet ? or do we have to mail it in. If not is someone working on it ? or will it stay the way it is?
I have been looking back thru the posts saw where someone asked but it was not ready yet.
Don't want to miss this since it is so close to home and would like to meet some of you while my car runs.

[This message has been edited by kendallville (edited 02-20-2013).]

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A shameless bump to the top. Join the celebration. There will be only one 30th Event. Make plans and preparations now.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our group is having a 30th meeting today. It is my goal today to resolve the few minor details to allow the registration form to be distributed. For those wondering what the delay is about is simply arrangements for our weekday activities. The arrangements for the show on the weekend has been pretty much wrapped up. I am thinking that we will have a registration form available with everyone's understanding that there will be additional costs for the weekday activities as soon as the details are available.

I have been dealing with IMS for four years now to get our day at the track finalized and quite honestly them people down there have the attention span of an eight year old boy. It is very frustrating for me and very time consuming, but I will not give up on them until our group decides to find something else to fill the day. We have the date reserved with IMS, but where the hang up occurs is getting them to commit to an itinerary and cost of the day. We will keep everyone posted as this develops.

Putnam road course has a very limited capability of handling our private group. What that means to us is how many participants are we going to have and how much cost are you guys going to tolerate. Just out of curiosity, how many are interested in running their car on track for a few sessions? This event could run in to $200 per car, be subject to the track rules and regulations for safety equipment, full tech inspection, ect. To make this event go, I would be looking at approximately 50 cars to commit to going. I am not talking about the usual forum " I am interested", I am referring to money prepaid up front to verify that we have enough resources to make the road course day a success with out a financial strain on the rest of the event. The Waterford Race course day at the 25th had to be subsidized by the rest of the event due to the actual participation versus the people who said that they were interested.

Other than the extra curricular activities, the rest of the event is falling together very nicely. Most of us that are organizing this event have very successful local Fiero club events each year, so there is a lot of experience putting this together.

Fred

notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we all appreciate all the work you're doing. i know i will be there. thanks again
PFF
System Bot
What about Bob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To Fred and the rest of the 30th group:
Thanks for all the work you guys are doing to make this happen. I’m coming down Wednesday and leaving Sunday. I’m even bringing a non Fiero friend along to drive my 87 while I drive my 84. I’ve been kicking myself for missing the 25th and I’m not about to miss this. I was going for an inside spot, but I’ll be taking a 20% pay cut soon so that’s out. I may not be able to paint my 84 wide body, but it will be roadworthy by then. My 87 GT was at the 10th and I have the paperwork I’m bringing along.

------------------
Bob
84 SE IMSA Widebody
87 GT 5spd
11 Cruze Eco

sledcaddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sledcaddieSend a Private Message to sledcaddieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too appreciate all the up-front work you are all doing. I have my reservations at Wyndham for Wednesday through Sunday. I can't decide on whether to bring the 85 SE that we've owned since new, or the 88 GT with 56,000 miles that we bought this last October. A 10 hour drive for us.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm putting in for the time off but I won't be there in a Fiero. That shouldn't be a problem, right?
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our meeting went very well yesterday. Friday night through Sunday activities are close to being finalized for actual car show and awards ceremony. We have set a personal goal to have a registration form available by March 1st in an online PDF format. The website www.fiero30th.com has been live online for several years now. One of the unique opportunities that the 30th has is there is a couple of people from the Montreal Canada Fiero Club who professionally write websites for a living. Our group has been working with them to present a very professional looking website. Their work will go live as soon as they are ready.

One interesting point that came about is the availability of current Fiero Club contact information. One of our event organizers, Kevin Lindeman, aka KEV on the forum, has been sending out correspondence to the most current information we can find for the numerous Fiero Clubs that have been in existance over the years. This contact info was obtained from a most current Fiero Store listing and a info compiled by Paul Vargyas of NIFE in 2009. Out of three full pages of listed information, only a small handful of Fiero Clubs outside of the Midwest Fiero Clubs have been able to be contacted. In all reality, the word of mouth information distributed amongst the Fiero Clubs about the 30th event is the best advertising that we as a Fiero Community have available. So, if anyone would like to share the current contact info for your local Fiero Club or group, please forward the info on to myself or KEV and we will keep that person aware of the most current information about ouur event.

Fred
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RAREW66

1119 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I'm putting in for the time off but I won't be there in a Fiero. That shouldn't be a problem, right?

Everyone is welcome to join in. While the intention of organizing an event like this is to assemble the highest quantity of Pontiac Fieros in one place for a reunion, attendance of people interested in the Fieros is also encouraged.
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RAREW66

1119 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

I regret to say I will not be making it at this point with the original DGP car. To much going on. Honestly I am not driving the car like I would like to and honestly would sell it if a serious offer came through. I am thinking of putting it at Barrett Jackson but would probably let it go for $10,000 or just keep it hidden away for the time being. If someone wanted to trailer it up for the show I may let it go along. Life changes and family becomes more of a priority which changes our toys also. I know everyone will have a great time and I will miss it. Rick B

Aww man, I was hoping that you would be able to attend with that beautiful machine you have and be able to set up your information about the www.fieropacecar.com effort that you have been working so hard on. Please let me know ASAP if you change your mind.

BTW, I have not had any capability of logging on to your website since you changed it over from the original site that you started. LMK on what we need to do to fix this.

Fred

edit to correct the fat finger mistake I made to the website link.

Fred

[This message has been edited by RAREW66 (edited 02-24-2013).]

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
for me 200.00 for a track day on a road course would be quite acceptable .i thought the 100.00 that we paid at the 25th was cheap for what we got .i built my car with track days in mind but my shift schedule does not line up very often with anything the local tracks offer .so when i get an opportunity like this , i take it .
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My father and I are planning on attending. Anything could happen between now and then, but we'd both love to drive on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. $200 is do-able, just need the due date and payment options. Or is the $200 for the road course? Would need a complete list of the tech inspection criteria, since my car doesn't currently have a working e-brake (Grand Am rear brakes)

[This message has been edited by RWDPLZ (edited 02-24-2013).]

SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Email me Fred and I will set up a new password for you. I think the site does something if you do not log in for a year or more. Rick

Rborecky@roadrunner.com
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update Fred, I apreciate all the hard work all of you are putting into setting this up.
I would love to drive on the track will have to see how things go if wetherI can stay every day or maybe just some.
Looking forward to the registration form, also working on convincing my son to let me fix his 86 gt upsome so he could bring it.

RWDPLZ If you enter Indiana on 69 I will be hitting 69 either east of Kendallville on us 6 or at 3 and 69 in Fort Wayne might see you on the way or
If you are part of a convoy might join up if timeing is right .
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update and all the hard work Fred and everyone involved!

Even if some could not put their car on a road course it would be great to be a spectator and see it and get pics!

This is exciting.

Speedway facts:
"The Speedway is the largest spectator sporting facility in the world, with more than 250,000 permanent seats."
http://www.indianapolismoto...com/about/35550-FAQ/

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the hard work Fred. I plan to be there with my 87 GT, but no plans for track events. I havent pushed the 87 since the FOCOA event at Gateway many moons ago. I was a lot younger and the Fiero had a lot fewer miles on it. I go by the rule that "you don't drive your car to the track that you plan to race". It is hard enough to keep an original 26-30 year old cars running but pushing it on a track after a two day drive and breaking something is no fun in my mind.

I look forward to a drive to Indy and look at the Fieros and take a few photos.

http://centralfloridafieros.com/forum/index.php

http://spacecoastfieros.com/

Are links to some of the Florida Fieros..
Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since I am local and live only miles form there, please call upon me if I can do anything to help locally.
Really looking forward to the event.

kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ayrow:

Since I am local and live only miles form there, please call upon me if I can do anything to help locally.
Really looking forward to the event.

Good to see someone from Indy is going to be there , my car has not been in Indy since I bought it there 5 years ago next month.
Met the guy at a Kmart to look at it on the north east side of town.
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how many days left & where's that countdown timer?

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wonder who is traveling the farthest?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 02-27-2013).]

Dougie Murder

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dougie MurderSend a Private Message to Dougie MurderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Wonder who is traveling the farthest?

It'll Be around 1800 km there and back for us Toronto area folks
Thats about 1119 miles!!
Dougie Murder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dougie MurderSend a Private Message to Dougie MurderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dougie Murder

538 posts
Member since Sep 2007

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

how many days left & where's that countdown timer?

http://www.timeanddate.com/...%20Anniversary%21%21
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reservations made! Now I just need to make sure the car will make it!
TA6SPD

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TA6SPDSend a Private Message to TA6SPDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reservations made at the hotel.
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just received word that my biggest client has scheduled workshops on the June 28-29 so I will not be making the trip to Indy This, after I scheduled 6 months in advanced, in writing. This sucks!

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

I just received word that my biggest client has scheduled workshops on the June 28-29 so I will not be making the trip to Indy This, after I scheduled 6 months in advanced, in writing. This sucks!

Dr. W.

Did'nt you say that you wanted to retire on June 26th??
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RAREW66

1119 posts
Member since Jun 2001
I just wanted to throw out that our website guys are working very hard to finish up the website for hopefully going live this weekend. This includes mail in registration and online registration. Stay tuned..............
Fred
Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-01-2013 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll ask my parents if we can go.

[This message has been edited by Dburger (edited 03-01-2013).]

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Everything's coming together and taking shape. Another shameless bump to the top to remind everyone to make plans so you can attend. Help to make this an event to remember.. See you there.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 03-01-2013).]

sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am so excited!!! My dad and I wouldn't miss this event for anything. I am eagerly awaiting the launch of the website!

I am experiencing reduced hours at work right now, so if there is anything I could help with, I'd be more than happy to. I'm an excellent proofreader!

Thank you for all of your hard work, Fred and everyone else involved. You are all incredible!
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2013 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Dr. W.

Sorry to hear that you will miss the event, especially after your advanced preplanning. Maybe something will change.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does this Sakura person at the hotel really exist? I've been leaving voice mails for 2 weeks and can never get a return call. Will someone from the organizers of the show shoot me a PM or email? We're trying to set up extended hotel arrangements for Aerodonamic and his wife from June 26-July 2. See the thread in General Fiero Chat "Request Help For One Of Our Own" to see what PFF and Georgia Fieros is trying to accomplish.

Edit: Never mind. Sakura does exist. She just called back.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 03-04-2013).]

tntcary

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Does this Sakura person at the hotel really exist? I've been leaving voice mails for 2 weeks and can never get a return call. Will someone from the organizers of the show shoot me a PM or email? We're trying to set up extended hotel arrangements for Aerodonamic and his wife from June 26-July 2. See the thread in General Fiero Chat "Request Help For One Of Our Own" to see what PFF and Georgia Fieros is trying to accomplish.

Edit: Never mind. Sakura does exist. She just called back.

Chaka, Chaka, Chaka Khan, Chaka Khan... I'll feel for you if you don't answer that phone, Chaka Chaka, I feel for you.... da dadaa da daaaa
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock