Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 (Page 17)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 by carbon
Started on: 02-25-2012 03:43 PM
Replies: 810 (40147 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 12-04-2013 07:27 PM
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Proud88GT:

What do I do if I already registered but now need a location for a truck and trail?

Perhaps contact the registrar to add you to the list, I guess? JohnHolmes@fiero30th.com

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 06-03-2013).]

IP: Logged
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RAREW66:

The online pre-registration is the the preferred method for registering for the both the autocross and the on track lap at IMS. Paying at the event will be available but is not preferred. Participants need to keep in mind that pre-registration is helpful in making the events more enjoyable for all involved and allow the people organizing the event to plan for the anticipated numbers attending. I can only imagine the delays if every one waits until just before the event to register and pay.

Fred

Thanks for clarifying Fred.
Do you folks know what time the track lap is scheduled to start? I'm coming down on Friday hopefully we'll be there in time.

notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm interested in the Minnesota Fiero Forever go-cart night. Is this going to be open for all? Sounds like fun
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by notwohorns:

i'm interested in the Minnesota Fiero Forever go-cart night. Is this going to be open for all? Sounds like fun

Yes, it's an open event! I will try to get the details nailed down here shortly. There won't be any pre-registration, just a time and a place.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 06-04-2013).]

RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by h.d.fire:
Do you folks know what time the track lap is scheduled to start? I'm coming down on Friday hopefully we'll be there in time.

IMS just sent me the contract yesterday. So, hopefully I receive it soon and it divulges what time we are scheduled.

Fred
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any carwash provisions at the hotel? There are least ten trillion bugs between Florida and Indy :> )
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

Any carwash provisions at the hotel? There are least ten trillion bugs between Florida and Indy :> )

There will be two car wash locations with hoses at the hotel. Owners will have to provide their own supplies.
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish I was going.
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rourke_87_T-Top:

I wish I was going.

I was hopeing to see you there, I could have shown you the duke installed and running .

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2013 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Original Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
Jun 7, 2013 Payment To FieroEvents Completed ... -$65.00 USD

I sent in additional registration for autocross and indy track events.

I look forward to seeing everyone that can make the 30th there!

Now I just have to decide who I'm bringing with me

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2013 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Everyone that has registered will receive an e-mail or in the case no email has been provided, a postcard indicating that their registration has been received.

Fred

HMMMM, I haven't received either...could someone pls confirm 4 me? tia!

OH, AND I just registered separately for the indy speedway track lap on Friday...pp sent 2.

[This message has been edited by OHNIKO (edited 06-07-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2013 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

HMMMM, I haven't received either...could someone pls confirm 4 me? tia!

OH, AND I just registered separately for the indy speedway track lap on Friday...pp sent 2.

I also did not receive any kind of email confirmation.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2013 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hope you all have made plans to attend. Less than 30 days to go! Is Cliff planning on attending?

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 06-08-2013).]

sricka01

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2013 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Thanks Vernon!

Guys, the info for registration is all in the first post, I will continue to update that post as things develop...

Also someone asked about the time frame for the IMS track day... This will fill the day for Friday; IMS Lap, IMS Hall of Fame Museum, and the Dallara Indy Car Factory. Other than the specified time to make a lap on track, the day will be self guiding on times and duration of participation at each venue.

As soon as I have a time I will post it up!

Thanks for your support guys!

As a newbie to this, I'm looking for specifics to avoid any last minute financial gotchas. Is IMS access $25 per Fiero or per person? What time should we arrive at IMS? Will all 200+ Fiero members be on the track at the same time for group photo? Do you have to have a helmet to participate on the single track lap? What can a participant expect as far as photo and video opportunities?
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2013 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Everyone that has registered will receive an e-mail or in the case no email has been provided, a postcard indicating that their registration has been received.

Fred

When did these go out ? I also have not gotten any conformations. May be in went in the land of the dead email ( spam )
could you resend it? just for verification I would hate to show up after having problems and find my registration did not go , just the payment. thanks
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2013 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those interested, here are some pictures of the Badge Plaques.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2013 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FWIW, I just realized that the only email confirmation I got was from Paypal.
I did, however, get a printable "Thank you" page from fiero30th.com, that included the transaction ID. (One for the initial registration, and a second for signing up for the IMS Track Day.)

I'm assuming that's all that I'll need.
sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any chance of inviting Lisa Barrows who worked at MotorWeek? She owned a Fiero during that time.
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to throw out the price of gas in Indiana that way no one gets sticker shock.
I know people are coming from long distance, and they say gas in this region is higher
than the rest of the country so here goes
$ 4.26 gallon sorry to those coming from Canada
I don't know what that is per liter.

Hopefully it comes down but I doubt it.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have received nothing so far. just waiting
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kendallville:

Just wanted to throw out the price of gas in Indiana that way no one gets sticker shock.
I know people are coming from long distance, and they say gas in this region is higher
than the rest of the country so here goes
$ 4.26 gallon sorry to those coming from Canada
I don't know what that is per liter.

Hopefully it comes down but I doubt it.

About $1.12 per litre so still cheaper than most of Canada.
PFF
System Bot
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
www.gasbuddy.com will give you current gas prices. Right now in Ft. Wayne it is $4.13/gal (a little cheaper than it is in Kendallville). Indy gas stations report $4.07/gal.

If you have a smartphone, download the gasbuddy app and it will give you locations of stations with prices and you can sort by distance and price. Must have access to network data in order for this app to work.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be sure to fill up on the Kentucky side on my way north.
NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what's the weather looking like for the event?
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEVERDONE:

So what's the weather looking like for the event?

http://www.accuweather.com/...=6/1/2013&view=table

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TG oreiF 8891:

I also did not receive any kind of email confirmation.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I received my email confirmation yesterday, although it didn't list out what exactly I was registered for, as long as they got it, I'm probably good to go.
FIREBOX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIREBOXSend a Private Message to FIREBOXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sricka01:As a newbie to this, I'm looking for specifics to avoid any last minute financial gotchas. QUOTE]

I also have some questions about the IMS event. Is the MUSEUM visit an extra charge? What if there is a passenger? And what if I don't want to run my car on the track-- is there still a charge to go to watch and visit the museum?

------------------
WAYNES' WHEELS: White 84 SE from eBay with 17K.
A touch of blue: body trim, wheel highlights and front pegasus decal.
"Sweet little Peggy, You'll know her if you see her"

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sricka01:
As a newbie to this, I'm looking for specifics to avoid any last minute financial gotchas.

Originally posted by FIREBOX:

I also have some questions about the IMS event. Is the MUSEUM visit an extra charge? What if there is a passenger? And what if I don't want to run my car on the track-- is there still a charge to go to watch and visit the museum?

It is per car, passengers/personal cameras are allowed, no helmet required. We have registration for our event, I am pretty sure it is a package deal. If you choose to do your own thing, I don't know what the charges would be.
sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sricka01:

As a newbie to this, I'm looking for specifics to avoid any last minute financial gotchas. Is IMS access $25 per Fiero or per person? What time should we arrive at IMS? Will all 200+ Fiero members be on the track at the same time for group photo? Do you have to have a helmet to participate on the single track lap? What can a participant expect as far as photo and video opportunities?

Is there any info on the IMS lap? What can a newbie expect from the IMS experience?
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2013 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright folks! We finally have a start time for the IMS track event. We need to be at the track by 9AM and our track time is scheduled for 11AM. This two hours is to make sure we get through any waiver signing or other paperwork needed to get us out there! Thank you all for your patience!

Unfortunately, the autocross event has been cancelled. The reason for this is that while the event was well over $2000 dollars to put on, only 4 people outside of the actual planners had registered to participate with less than two weeks before the event. We are sorry for the inconvenience and registration for the event will be refunded. Thank you for your understanding.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2013 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carbon

4767 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Is there any info on the IMS lap? What can a newbie expect from the IMS experience?

We still don't have a fine detail itinerary from the track but what we do know is this...

Specifically, no helmets are required and yes photography and video recording for personal use is permitted. The important items that will be required are a valid driver's license and proof of vehicle liability insurance. There will be a liability waiver and rule acknowledgement provided by IMS that will need to be filled out before a vehicle is allowed to go on track.
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2013 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carbon

4767 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Originally posted by FIREBOX:

It appears that the museum entry fee is $5/person and good for the whole day.
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2013 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From the 25th show..lots of Fieros.

sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2013 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

From the 25th show..lots of Fieros.

Are vendors available for bottled water and stuff or are you on your own? That pic looks like I need to buy a canvas chair and umbrella and SPF100.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2013 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are vendors available for bottled water and stuff or are you on your own? That pic looks like I need to buy a canvas chair and umbrella and SPF100.

Yup! Sun protection and comfort are a BYO affair. Were you expecting a covered concourse and wait staff?

I'm sure the hotel will be vending, but you will always come out ahead bringing your own refreshments...
sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2013 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yup! Sun protection and comfort are a BYO affair. Were you expecting a covered concourse and wait staff?

I'm sure the hotel will be vending, but you will always come out ahead bringing your own refreshments...

Don't laugh, but I'm just commenting out loud. I'm flying in so that's why I mention my laundry list of items NOT to forget to bring after I get to my destination. One year I forgot to bring a webchair and SPF to a car show and it made for one miserable burnt experience! I was suprised to read the hotel would have washing facilities, so just asking. I know you guys must be stressed getting this all organized.

Carbon, when can we expect you to make rounds to take our drink order? Are you going to make Starbucks runs for us all?

[This message has been edited by sricka01 (edited 06-16-2013).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is per car, passengers/personal cameras are allowed, no helmet required. We have registration for our event, I am pretty sure it is a package deal. If you choose to do your own thing, I don't know what the charges would be.

Does the $25 include the Dallara Indycar Factory, or is that a separate charge?

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Carbon, when can we expect you to make rounds to take our drink order? Are you going to make Starbucks runs for us all?"

Please!!!! Carbon has "people" for that.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

"Carbon, when can we expect you to make rounds to take our drink order? Are you going to make Starbucks runs for us all?"

Please!!!! Carbon has "people" for that.

LOL... I have people that put things like this on my car because I was on crutches at the time...
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

For those interested, here are some pictures of the Badge Plaques.

those look fantastic! thank you!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock