Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 by carbon
Started on: 02-25-2012 03:43 PM
Replies: 810 (40147 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 12-04-2013 07:27 PM
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by What about Bob:

But according to the registration, the last day was the 27th. It says that the fees increase AFTER the 27th. So it's conflicting. I needed to wait until the last day to ensure that I would be able to afford the trip and based on what I read, the 27th WAS the last day.

I thought so to but decided to not wait till the last minute so went ahead , Hopeing I had the money.
While doing so I read this
"Savings of $10.00 per car if your online registration is completed BEFORE May 27, 2013" note the before but also stated this in the line above
Pre-registration Deadline May 27th 2013 So who knows ? Just not proof read
But I think everyone who worked on it did a good job, so I don't complain.
IP: Logged
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look guys, I'm doing what I can... I agree it was conflicting.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 05-29-2013).]

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:
You don't won't be allowed to park in the show area if you aren't registered for the show, but that doesn't mean you cannot register your Fiero for the autocross or IMS track event, just leave the car show section of the registration blank and select what you want.

Thanks for the reply.

Reg for the IMS track day last night and reg for the show this morning. Hopefully, someone can piece my two entries together.

Thanks
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

Thanks for the reply.

Reg for the IMS track day last night and reg for the show this morning. Hopefully, someone can piece my two entries together.

Thanks

Pretty sure it's just going on a spreadsheet that will be used to track who paid for what. Decided to show your car after all? Awesome!
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Look guys, I'm doing what I can... I agree it was conflicting.

I hope you don't think that I am complaining ( if so I do apologize ) . I got my registration in on the 26th, just wanted to
point out people need to read things carefully. I believe everyone involved with this show has done and outstanding job
I hope that I see you there ( still up in the air if I can make it ) sounds like a good time.

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No no no... this is where you are supposed to complain, even if you aren't.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any more info on Minnesota Fieros Forever go-cart night ?

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From our discussion here, it will be an open event with no pre-registration required... that also means that we are going to be mixed in with any locals that happen to be there... we went and did a trial run during one of our meetings down there and it was a blast, I mean it was a very informative visit. I'll see if I can scrounge up the location and nail down a time that we plan to go...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 05-29-2013).]

Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:

Danyel, not sure if you are still quarterbacking the Canadian Caravan, but we'd be leaving Niagara Thursday morning or afternoon joining HWY 401 near London, Ontario

Gta boys, Make that Wednesday morning as I got it off work as well.
I'm thinking of signing up for both track events so leaving Wednesday morning and check-in Wednesday night gets me there in time...
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The online reg form says the deadline for online registration for the IMS Track Day is June 19th.

Will we be able to both register & pay for this at the show on the 27th or day-of (28th)?

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So "IMS track day" for $25 per car includes...?

Lap around the track?

PFF
System Bot
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Lap around the track?

Yup! The time of said lap is yet to be determined, but it is contracted to happen!
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

The online reg form says the deadline for online registration for the IMS Track Day is June 19th.

Will we be able to both register & pay for this at the show on the 27th or day-of (28th)?

The online pre-registration is the the preferred method for registering for the both the autocross and the on track lap at IMS. Paying at the event will be available but is not preferred. Participants need to keep in mind that pre-registration is helpful in making the events more enjoyable for all involved and allow the people organizing the event to plan for the anticipated numbers attending. I can only imagine the delays if every one waits until just before the event to register and pay.

Fred
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RAREW66

1119 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Lap around the track?

Yep, the $25 per car fee is for one parade lap around the 2.5mile track. I have arranged to have an official IMS photographer available to take a picture of each car crossing over the bricks at the start/finish line.

Fred
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RAREW66

1119 posts
Member since Jun 2001

From our discussion here, it will be an open event with no pre-registration required... that also means that we are going to be mixed in with any locals that happen to be there... we went and did a trial run during one of our meetings down there and it was a blast, I mean it was a very informative visit. I'll see if I can scrounge up the location and nail down a time that we plan to go...

This track is a lot of fun. One session will definatly work your arms out. The Indy GTO guys introduced me to this track about ten years ago and it has been my favorite track.

Here is the link to the website: http://www.ftik.com/

Nick, when you get those details let me know so that I can have our event itinerary updated for our participants.

Fred
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RAREW66:

Yep, the $25 per car fee is for one parade lap around the 2.5mile track. I have arranged to have an official IMS photographer available to take a picture of each car crossing over the bricks at the start/finish line.

Fred

Terrific news. Just sent my additional money for track day. Props for all the hard work.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As far as the website registration deadline cutoff, I have contacted our webmasters to see if we all can find out how this occurred. I did not program the website and am curious as to how it works myself. This issue was a surprise to me and is by no means intentional by anyone involved.

There were four registrations on our master record that were affected by this glitch in the online deadline.

I apologize to the few that were affected and I will be in contact shortly to resolve the minor issue.

Thanks to all for the patience with the website as it has been a learning experience for all of us organizing the event and and an attempt to offer some new convenience to the 30th anniversary event.

If any further question should arise, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Fred
What about Bob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But according to the registration, the last day was the 27th. It says that the fees increase AFTER the 27th. So it's conflicting. I needed to wait until the last day to ensure that I would be able to afford the trip and based on what I read, the 27th WAS the last day.

Oh no, I'm quoting myself. I'm not complaining, just mad at myself for not reading the entire registration page and missing out on getting a nametag. It's my fault. The team is doing a fantastic job.

My 87GT was at Indy for the 10th anniversary and did a lap of the track and I'm looking forward to taking her around at the 30th.
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting....... I did mine on the 26th and didn't see any availability for the nametag or any track events either....... gonna check again.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PURPLE REIGN

4080 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Fixed
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well im all registered for this great event! Can't wait to get out on the track!

------------------

2000 Malibu 3100 V6
1999 GMC Jimmy 4x4
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1985 Fiero GT 2.8 auto
1985 Fiero SE 3.4 V6 4 spd
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels

PFF
System Bot
sargeants

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sargeantsSend a Private Message to sargeantsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:
Gta boys, Make that Wednesday morning as I got it off work as well.
I'm thinking of signing up for both track events so leaving Wednesday morning and check-in Wednesday night gets me there in time...

Hey - might want to check out the local thread... there's also an email around planning a day to get together and hash out a plan. I'm sure Adam will get things figured out for us
http://www.gtfieros.com/php...topic.php?f=13&t=167

[This message has been edited by sargeants (edited 05-29-2013).]

notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I registered a while back and I was wondering if we will receive confirmation? This question might have been answered, but I didn't see it.. I'll go back through and see if I can find it. Also, if I understand correctly, to register for the track day, we should go back to the registration form and fill it out and just mark the track day. is this correct?
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yup! The time of said lap is yet to be determined, but it is contracted to happen!

I didn't see the IMS registration option when I first registered. (Might have had my head in a dark place. Happens.)
I just went back and registered just for that.
Can the two be merged so that nothing gets lost?

Also... Will we be allowed to bring a passenger? What about helmets? Cameras in the car?
Thanks!

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I didn't see the IMS registration option when I first registered. (Might have had my head in a dark place. Happens.)
I just went back and registered just for that.
Can the two be merged so that nothing gets lost?

Also... Will we be allowed to bring a passenger? What about helmets? Cameras in the car?
Thanks!

It just goes on a spreadsheet that will be used to track who paid for what. I will ask about the helmet/passenger/camera question as I have no idea...

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Thanks!

Good questions I have the same, also does the professional pic being taken need to be purchased to aquire?
c-l

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for c-lSend a Private Message to c-lEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

The Commemorative Nametag - $5.00 ea. is missing, was there a time limit on when you could order them? I seen that option earlier when I was looking at the entry form but, I can't find it now when I filled it out. It is on the PDF file, but not on the online form. I also added a note to the Paypal payment about this. Any help is appreciated-Jason

I am part of the 30th anniversary WEB development team.

When we built the web site engine, the information we used was that the pre-registration deadline was BEFORE May 27th 2013 (which means that the 27th no longer offered the pre-registration rebates). We programmed a script that would automatically change the pricing at the cut off time. We checked our systems and the log clearly shows that the pricing changes occurred on May 27 at 00:01 AM. This confirms that the programming worked correctly as programed.

Information that I am getting from the planning committee states that the pre-registration deadline cut off from the show flyer is May 27th and NOT β€œbefore” May 27th. There is a discrepancy between the 2 and this is what led to the confusion. We have supplied a list of names for everyone affected to RAREW66 and he confirmed that he is handling those few individuals personally.

The name tag selector removal did not occur at 00:01 AM because it was NOT automated. We manually removed that feature around 9:30 AM on May 27th. Again, this was done on the 27th because we were working with the pre-registration cutoff as β€œBEFORE the 27th”. Since the removal of that feature was not automated, we figured it would give a grace period until we got around making the changes manually.

Let me assure you that the committee is doing everything they can to resolve any issues.
Hope to see everyone in Indianapolis.
c-l

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for c-lSend a Private Message to c-lEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

c-l

74 posts
Member since Jun 2005

I believe you can run through the registration as many times as you like and just select what you missed. So you could just register for the IMS event or just the autocross event if you wish...

Yes you can go as many times as you want. Just make sure to use the same name and address to facilitate matching all the orders.

c-l

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for c-lSend a Private Message to c-lEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

c-l

74 posts
Member since Jun 2005

Originally posted by fieroseblack:

Hey,

When I first registered the IMS was not on form. I went back in today and signed up for the IMS. I got a new transaction number for just the IMS event. So I am hoping you guys can marry the two registrations together so I don't miss any of the fun. Hopefully this will be a non-hassle event.

Thanks

DARKWING
Mike Parker

Yes, as long as you used the same name and address.

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info Claude! I agree that the deadline probably could have been communicated a bit more specific. Thank for all your hard work!
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too also appreciate the extra work that has been done to correct this. I'd like to thank Nick personally and apologize for aggrevating the heck out of him (I'll have those beers ready for you). I got a call from Fred and the fix is in the works. I am looking forward to the event and am glad I can be a part of it. -Jason
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes indeed... Thanks to all.
I didn't really have any issues, just want to make sure that I don't overlook anything, since I'm kind of late to the party.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I registered for the IMS track day as an ala carte item.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I signed up for one car (two people) at IMS track day.

Just something to note, your count of how many registrations on the home screen will be off, reading high, due to people who already registered, going back to register again for track day alone.
But I suspect the actual numbers you have broken down anyway by car in each category, behind the scenes.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 06-01-2013).]

c-l

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for c-lSend a Private Message to c-lEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

......your count of how many registrations on the home screen will be off, reading high, due to people who already registered, going back to register again for track day alone.

Yes, everytime that you complete a transaction, the count on the main page will increase by one.

Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I registered for both track events for Kevin and myself in both cars.
Proud88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Proud88GTClick Here to visit Proud88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Proud88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will there be a parking area for trailers etc?
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Proud88GT:

Will there be a parking area for trailers etc?

Yes, please refer to the registration form...
Proud88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Proud88GTClick Here to visit Proud88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Proud88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do I do if I already registered but now need a location for a truck and trail?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock