Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 by carbon
Started on: 02-25-2012 03:43 PM
Replies: 810 (40148 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 12-04-2013 07:27 PM
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Proud88GT:

Any updates on the Indianapolis track day.

This is difficult to answer, it is still possible, but we are looking at an issue with a conflicting tractor show... that's right farm tractors. And their group is significantly larger and more lucrative for the track. We honestly didn't get this information out of them until February of this year.

Regardless of if we actually get onto the track, we will still be making a day of it with the museum and other amenities of the IMS.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 05-01-2013).]

IP: Logged
animal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for animalSend a Private Message to animalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by animal:

I registered almost a month ago and have received nothing yet.

Who's running registration? It's now been over a month since I paid my registration fee via paypal and I have not received any form of confirmation. What gives?

[This message has been edited by animal (edited 05-01-2013).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The registrar contact info is on the 'Contact Us' link on the top right corner of website.

Nobody is getting ripped off. I will shoot off a message to the co-chairs to see what is up with the response process.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 05-01-2013).]

Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not worried I registered on 3/26/13 and I got a PayPal receipt so I figure that is good enough for me, if I do not get anything else I will have that to show I paid if I even need to. If you paid by check you will have a paid check for a receipt. I am sure it will be fine; it is hard to do an event this large, I am sure everyone will be taken care of and all will be well at the event. I have faith that everything will be fine and fun.

Thanks to everyone that has dedicated a lot of personal time to organizing this event for us.

Don’t worry be happy
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hotel Reserved - Check
Show Registration - Check
Car ready - ???

Paypal Receipt printed with transaction number, all the proof I need!!

Dan
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in the same boat as you, Dan. At the last moment I decided to totally reconfigure the placement of my alternator. This turned into developing a new low mount bracket. dogbone bracket and idlers/tensioners are now different as well. Basically, the entire front of the engine is scattered about the shop. Haha

Originally posted by DanFiero:

Hotel Reserved - Check
Car ready - ???

Paypal Receipt printed with transaction number, all the proof I need!!

Dan

GTMN

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dan, glad to hear you can make it to the show. Last I talked to you I thought you had work scheduling conflicts. SEE YOU DER!
Mark
spirit

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where do you mail the registration and entry fee? I can't find a mailing address and would like to send it in. Anyone know?
deloreanant

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deloreanantSend a Private Message to deloreanantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:

Hotel Reserved - Check
Car ready - ???

Dan

I am with you on this, as I'm sure a lot of Fiero owners are. It seems to almost be a requirement.

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spirit:

Where do you mail the registration and entry fee? I can't find a mailing address and would like to send it in. Anyone know?

Forms and addresses here: http://www.fiero30th.com/index.php?menu=regi1

And the PDF: http://www.fiero30th.com/images/registration.pdf

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 05-04-2013).]

spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2013 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been through the registration info several times and I still can't find an address to send in my form and money. Can someone that knows please post the mailing address. I can't find an address anywhere.
PFF
System Bot
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2013 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spirit:

I have been through the registration info several times and I still can't find an address to send in my form and money. Can someone that knows please post the mailing address. I can't find an address anywhere.

Return this completed registration form to:

Midwest Fiero Clubs
c/o John Holmes
110 North 3rd Street
Colona, IL 61241

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 05-05-2013).]

spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2013 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey! Thanks a lot for the address. I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks again.
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2013 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made my reservation last week. I look forward to getting my car ready to move under its own power once again.

I also am looking forward to any track day that will happen. I just saw Rrunners thread on the autocross. Sounds great. I want to rag on my fiero more, I hope the track day at IMS is a reality. Looking forward to see some great cars.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2013 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FYI for anyone who did not see it.........

There WILL be an Autocross on Thursday the 27th of June at Speedrome for our Fiero group. The SCCA will play a large roll in running the event so I expect things will go smoothly. I am coordinating it from the Fiero side so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.

All of the detail and discussion is in this thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/091815.html

Good times!

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2013 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finished our cargo topper trailer today... Just needs paint and safety chains and then it will be complete.

Lots of work needed on the car... But it will never be a show car... I'll bring it down and enter it anyway.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So any historic cars going to be at the show? Prototypes, etc?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
Just clarifying something. I plan to bring 2 cars, and get 2 badges and keychains, (free) ...1 badge and keychain per car right?

Site says:
"(All Registration Options include: (1) Car Show Entry for one Fiero, (1) OEM Style Commemorative Badge Plaque (view image) and (1) Commemorative Stainless Steel Laser Cut Key Chain Fob (view image)."

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-09-2013).]

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone explain the difference between Custom and Modified? I'm trying to fill out the registration, but wasn't 100% sure.

Thanks!
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Custom is body work, wheels, paint, etc that makes it no longer stock... 'custom' appearance...

Modified is engine swaps etc... 'modified' drivetrain...

There are sub-classes for each of these basic classes so that someone with a conservative 3.4L swap isn't up against a 350 or 3800SC swap...

Does that help?
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carbon

4767 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

Can someone explain the difference between Custom and Modified? I'm trying to fill out the registration, but wasn't 100% sure.

Thanks!

I just looked at your car domain page, and you are solidly Modified.
PFF
System Bot
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you sir!
Proud88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2013 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Proud88GTClick Here to visit Proud88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Proud88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I want to park my car inside will I still be able to take the car out on Friday for the track day.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2013 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That will be the only reason the car would be allowed out for the weekend... unless you had to leave permanently(emergency, etc...)
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2013 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got an email from Groupon that had a deal for the Wyndham hotel. Good timing if anyone is interested - $75 a night, for 2 people, not tax inclusive. Not bad.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2013 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Just got an email from Groupon that had a deal for the Wyndham hotel. Good timing if anyone is interested - $75 a night, for 2 people, not tax inclusive. Not bad.

Again, just for the record:

"You guys realize that a sweet deal like this does not contribute to our overall event. The hotel is letting us use their facilities in exchange for a binding contract to sell room nights. By not renting your room under the Fiero 30th room agreement, our resources for the overall event are reduced. Something to think about. The more revenues that the hotel yields, the more perks that our event receives that will benefit the entire event."

This does not mean you somehow are not allowed by the organizers to use deals like this, we want as many to participate as possible and if a deal like this means you can make it, do it! Just know that it doesn't help us meet our contract with the host hotel. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 05-07-2013).]

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2013 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

This does not mean you somehow are not allowed by the organizers to use deals like this, we want as many to participate as possible and if a deal like this means you can make it, do it! Just know that it doesn't help us meet our contract with the host hotel. Thanks!

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that when I wrote my post (ok, there's a good chance I actually may have read that part but it didn't stick in my head, obviously).

So, if you're already committed, run with it - if you're on the fence about being able to make it and that $40 savings (over the existing deal) for a couple nights is enough to put you on the "definitely attending" list, don't sweat it...? That's cool, too.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2013 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All registered and ready to rock!

------------------

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2013 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Just clarifying something. I plan to bring 2 cars, and get 2 badges and keychains, (free) ...1 badge and keychain per car right?

Site says:
"(All Registration Options include: (1) Car Show Entry for one Fiero, (1) OEM Style Commemorative Badge Plaque (view image) and (1) Commemorative Stainless Steel Laser Cut Key Chain Fob (view image)."

Because if its only 1 set of freebies I will enter mine and my wife's car separate.

Yes, each car registered for the show receives a registration "package". This includes a badge plaque, keychain, security card, ect.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 05-15-2013).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2013 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When is everyone planning on getting in town? I was planning on getting in town Wednesday afternoon. Seems like a lot of people may be waiting until later in the week.

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2013 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thursday, mid-afternoon
PFF
System Bot
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2013 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Arriving in Indianapolis Wednesday evening. Travel plans have us leaving Pittsburgh the weekend of June 22nd and headed to Indianapolis, from Madison, WI on Wednesday the 26th.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2013 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know that a small contingent of obnoxious MN folks will be arriving Wednesday afternoon/evening.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2013 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know that a small contingent of obnoxious MN folks will be arriving Wednesday afternoon/evening.

So Wednesday Night Circle of Shame.

If you guys (and gals) are coming thru Chicago check out the caravan thread for a Wednesday afternoon via Chicago caravan.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 05-09-2013).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2013 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just signed up. I think I was the 198th participant!

We'll get there Thursday, leaving Chicago area 9am.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-09-2013).]

FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2013 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Registered! But I won't have a Fiero with me (project isn't finished)

Can I still participate? I attended the 25th without a Fiero but I don't know how this one is laid out for people without their cars.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMontreal:

Registered! But I won't have a Fiero with me (project isn't finished)

Can I still participate? I attended the 25th without a Fiero but I don't know how this one is laid out for people without their cars.

Well... you can't register a Ford Taurus in the show, but you can reserve a room, show up, have a beer or three and look at/talk Fieros for a weekend. You may, however, be chided for bringing a rebody...
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carbon

4767 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Originally posted by mrfred8:
So Wednesday Night Circle of Shame.

I have no idea of that which you speak, sir, we are a goodly group of travelers from a land of lakes...

If you guys (and gals) are coming thru Chicago check out the caravan thread for a Wednesday afternoon via Chicago caravan.

I believe that there was talk of heading south through Iowa and coming across from the Quad Cities on I-74... as lovely as all you folk in IL are, it seems like it's always rush hour and tolls when we get to Chicago.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 05-10-2013).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I believe that there was talk of heading south through Iowa and coming across from the Quad Cities on I-74... as lovely as all you folk in IL are, it seems like it's always rush hour and tolls when we get to Chicago.

I don't blame you, avoiding Chicago traffic is a good thing
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is Hulki expected at the 30th???
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock