Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 by carbon
Started on: 02-25-2012 03:43 PM
Replies: 810 (40147 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 12-04-2013 07:27 PM
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, our website is officially "live" as of Monday. What do you guys think of it? I can not thank Claude and Eric of the Montreal Fiero Club enough for the effort put forth. I think the site is beautiful in appearance.

Updates to the site will occur on a regular basis as new details develop. Our group will be making some final decisions on the itinerary of the weekday activities shortly.

One of the neat features of the website online registration, is that our registrar receives automatic updates when ever a participant fills out a registration form and clicks the "Confirm Registration Information" button. This gives us the capability of knowing how many are considering coming to the event and can anticipate how many mail in forms are possibly coming in. In the past, it was really hard to anticipate how many registrations were coming in by mail, often causing a huge work load for the registrar.

Fred
IP: Logged
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about a link to your web site.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Other than the spelling and grammatical errors, the site looks pretty good.

The "History" section is pretty lame, why even mention John Delorean??????? Why even mention the 20th & 25th if the pages only show little thumbnails with no other info???
c-l

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for c-lSend a Private Message to c-lEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

How about a link to your web site.

Here is the link:

http://www.fiero30th.com/

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

The "History" section is pretty lame, why even mention John Delorean??????? Why even mention the 20th & 25th if the pages only show little thumbnails with no other info???

Mid-september 1984

In mid-September 1984, Pontiac put on the market the only mass production central engine car built by an American manufacturer.

A minor detail, but that should probably be 1983, not 1984. Otherwise we'd be celebrating the 29th Anniversary, not the 30th.

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 88 GT is dead center on the 20th banner photo. My 87 isn't in the banner frame on the 25th.
sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Bump to remind others to register.
Other than the grammar, someone even spelled Fiero incorrectly.

Parking option Year Model Miliage Color Class Trailer Price
Outdoor parking (first Fero) 1988 GT 192,000 Mi Red Stock No $30.00

but those are not show stoppers and the process was rather painless. Good job guys.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How are your plans coming together?

Make plans and preparations now.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can I go through and spell/grammar check everything for you guys? That stuff drives me crazy!
Other than that, the site is very professional looking and pretty straightforward and easy to understand. For some reason, the page itself appears pretty far from the left side of my browser window. However, it's easy to just scroll right to see everything. I use a Mac and the Chrome browser.

Thanks for all the hard work guys!

EDIT: Just a thought, and something that might not be feasible with this particular design, but it's always nice when you can click the banner of a website and have it bring you back to the home page. I found the 'Home' link in the upper right hand corner, but if the 30th banner did the same thing, that would be swell. As I said, it's a minor detail, but would add to the professional air of the website.

Thank you thank you again for everything all of you have done for the 30th so far, and will continue to do!

[This message has been edited by sadie goad (edited 03-17-2013).]

c-l

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for c-lSend a Private Message to c-lEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sadie goad:

Can I go through and spell/grammar check everything for you guys?

PM sent on the 18th, awaiting answer.

Thanks!
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another shameless bump to the top. Don't forget to register. Some Fiero owners are, in their dreams, already driving toward Indianapolis.

Plan your route now, before they are all taken!
PFF
System Bot
sargeants

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sargeantsSend a Private Message to sargeantsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just went to finally register and pay - and I'm getting an error
Error : Order total is missing.

This is just after I click on the Paypal continue after reviewing the order and it redirects back to the website.
Just me? Should I clear cache and try again? Doesn't look like the paypal payment was processed.
Thoughts?
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any news on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway day?
Dougie Murder

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dougie MurderSend a Private Message to Dougie MurderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sargeants:

This is just after I click on the Paypal continue after reviewing the order and it redirects back to the website.
Just me? Should I clear cache and try again? Doesn't look like the paypal payment was processed.
Thoughts?

You're using chrome? I used it and had no issues registering.
Maybe try another browser? Or maybe it's a timeout error?
Maybe you just have to get the info filled out faster Lol

[This message has been edited by Dougie Murder (edited 03-25-2013).]

c-l

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for c-lSend a Private Message to c-lEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sargeants:

Thoughts?

PM sent for more information.
Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan to register later tonight, did the error get fixed?
c-l

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for c-lSend a Private Message to c-lEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Christine:

I plan to register later tonight, did the error get fixed?

Let us know if you have any problems with your registration.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to be there but I'm not driving a Fiero so the overall plan is a bit iffy for me - so far as registration is concerned, there's nothing to be entered, correct? Just book a room at the hotel and wander aimlessly around the variety of cars and events... Sort of. Maybe. No? I don't know.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post03-26-2013 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I'm going to be there but I'm not driving a Fiero so the overall plan is a bit iffy for me - so far as registration is concerned, there's nothing to be entered, correct? Just book a room at the hotel and wander aimlessly around the variety of cars and events... Sort of. Maybe. No? I don't know.

Does that mean there is no registration for the events and only the hotel? I live there so wont be getting a room.. ( and if my fiero comes, its just to get me there.. its not show, or track, ready )

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 03-26-2013).]

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Does that mean there is no registration for the events and only the hotel? I live there so wont be getting a room.. ( and if my fiero comes, its just to get me there.. its not show, or track, ready )

Nope, it just means I need to avoid asking questions when I'm drinking and haven't really slept in a day and a half. I looked at the website again this morning and noticed the seperate event registration below the car show info pane. Looks like that's the route to take for those of us not showing a vehicle.

Also, nurb, you'll have an unrelated PM shortly.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post03-26-2013 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, ill have to go digging around and see where to send my money too
PFF
System Bot
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I registered both Kevin and I tonight, paid by paypal and it worked fine we now have the room booked and our registration in, so we are committed.
sargeants

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sargeantsSend a Private Message to sargeantsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I figured out the ID10T error....

Tips
- do NOT go to fiero30.com and try to register, you will get this error when you attempt to pay.
- DO go to fiero30th.com and register - you will pay money and go to the event!

See you all there! (provided I get the car apart and back together in time)

[This message has been edited by sargeants (edited 03-27-2013).]

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you really think the Easter Bunny is focused on eggs and chocolate? Nope, he's making plans and arrangements to get his fuzzy little tail to Indianapolis.

Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey carbon I sent you a PM a few days ago did you not get it?
TRiAD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love nothing more than to get into a Fiero again, get a set of these for it, and meet you all there.
Just doesn't look like it's gonna happen this year...

[This message has been edited by TRiAD (edited 03-29-2013).]

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Registered, both for the event and the hotel...c'ya in about 90 days
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Christine:

Hey carbon I sent you a PM a few days ago did you not get it?

Christine,

I received your request for a change. PM Sent with the details.

Fred
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2013 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Fred and Carbon I am good. THe GT is at the shop getting a few things done for the trip and then we will be ready to hit the road.
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2013 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Registered, looking forward to a great show ... now if I can figure out the online Hotel Registration 8 nights ????
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2013 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Tom:

Registered, looking forward to a great show ... now if I can figure out the online Hotel Registration 8 nights ????

My wife encountered the same error, so she went directly to the hotel's website via wynhdam.com and was able to make our reservations for $79.00 per night. You might try that method, it was quick and easy.

PFF
System Bot
sargeants

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sargeantsSend a Private Message to sargeantsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yea, by default with the code it's 8 nights, but you can change that when selecting the room. Just use the calendar options on the left.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are there going to be Historic cars there, perhaps like the 90 prototype for example?
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2013 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:

I would love nothing more than to get into a Fiero again, get a set of these for it, and meet you all there.
Just doesn't look like it's gonna happen this year...

Man, I want to move to Illinois just for these specialty plates!
TRiAD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2013 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trust me, you don't.
Those plates are really cool, but Illinois is in the bottom 3 states to live in right now.
High taxes, high unemployment, high crime (Cook Co)...This is a very depressed area.
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2013 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

My wife encountered the same error, so she went directly to the hotel's website via wynhdam.com and was able to make our reservations for $79.00 per night. You might try that method, it was quick and easy.

How did you get the $79 rate, the reserved rate for the meet is $95 ?
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2013 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:

Trust me, you don't.
Those plates are really cool, but Illinois is in the bottom 3 states to live in right now.
High taxes, high unemployment, high crime (Cook Co)...This is a very depressed area.

Agreed. Don't move here.
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2013 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

Agreed. Don't move here.

Move to WI instead! I wish I could get one of those 30th plates, even unregistered to a car. So cool!
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2013 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Tom:

How did you get the $79 rate, the reserved rate for the meet is $95 ?

Like I said, my wife went directly to the wyndham.com website and selected that particular hotel. She was then able to select whatever dates she wanted. Suites cost a few bucks more, but a basic King N/S room was $79.00 per night.

ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2013 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally ran the numbers tonight and I should be good to go! Going to hit Indiana Beach amusement park on the way down the 27th and head home after the show Saturday. Just need to figure out the hotel - can't do the Wyndham but I'll be in the area.

------------------

| [jonrev Photography]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock