Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  NEW Headlight Option In The Works! Gauging Interest... (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
NEW Headlight Option In The Works! Gauging Interest... by doublec4
Started on: 11-08-2011 10:16 PM
Replies: 476 (31775 views)
Last post by: Will on 03-01-2018 07:52 PM
The Mechanic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The MechanicSend a Private Message to The MechanicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When is the next group buy? lol. I would like to buy a set for my ladies car...
IP: Logged
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Mechanic:

When is the next group buy? lol. I would like to buy a set for my ladies car...

Pm sent

Next group buy has been started in the mall!

Check it out
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2012 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a reminder to everyone who doesn't visit the mall very often.. I'm still making these lights. Not necessary to purchase in a group buy anymore. Just pm me if you want a set!

Thank you

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2012 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Such a nice installation of these lights I have to post these pictures from Fiero2m8's build thread:

I want to thank everyone for their orders and I hope to get a few more in the next coming months. I also have a few other new products on the way, plus an accessory for these lights if they're not already eye catching enough for you!

------------------

Embrace Racing

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody with my headlights want some halos?

Can do a variety of colors!

MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what do you do, replace the chrome gun barrels with a new setup with the LED's in them? Or is this something you just install over everything else?

Mark
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Mark,

I'll pm you with the details

Basically they insert into the back of the smoked shrouds. Chrome shrouds aren't compatible with these.

Chris

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 10-06-2012).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These were done by ALL_CAMMED_UP

They look great!
OneQuickGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneQuickGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazing looking lighting, I MUST have a set!
PM sent.
iroccamaronj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iroccamaronjSend a Private Message to iroccamaronjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very interested. Pm me with prices and details
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys!

Replying to pms right now.

Keep posting if anyone else sees this and is interested.

I'm currently sold out but working on some improvements. I probably won't be able to make any more until sometime in January. I'm just experimenting with some things right now. If you pm me, or post up that you're interested, I'll be sure to follow up with you when things are ready to go again

Thank you,

Chris

------------------

Embrace Racing

PFF
System Bot
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just love my lights and in the spring I am getting the LED rings for my lights too. That way it will look even better than they do now. And boy do they ever light up the night. The last time I had my Fiero out at night was in October for the Top of the MItten run and some of my friends got in front of me. Later they commented that I should lead the way with as bright a set of lights as I had. They are aimed pretty good so they don't shine into the drivers eyes from the mirrors, but they are also so bright that the eye wants to go to them and it seems to distract them. I have only had a couple of times that I had someone blink their lights at me and that is with all four on in low and in high. This spring I am going to go to two in low, just so I don't attract too much attention from the police and still keep the four on in high mode.

Keep up the good work!
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those look AWESOME! Some day I will buy a set of these headlights...

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project!

OneQuickGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneQuickGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

I just love my lights and in the spring I am getting the LED rings for my lights too. That way it will look even better than they do now. And boy do they ever light up the night. The last time I had my Fiero out at night was in October for the Top of the MItten run and some of my friends got in front of me. Later they commented that I should lead the way with as bright a set of lights as I had. They are aimed pretty good so they don't shine into the drivers eyes from the mirrors, but they are also so bright that the eye wants to go to them and it seems to distract them. I have only had a couple of times that I had someone blink their lights at me and that is with all four on in low and in high. This spring I am going to go to two in low, just so I don't attract too much attention from the police and still keep the four on in high mode.

Keep up the good work!

That's really good to hear, I'm so pumped about getting mine in the new year.
I wasn't all that worried about light output as the design itself is awesome, and I could tell just by the pictures already posted that it wasn't an issue.
However, it's always better to hear it from a person who has purchased them!
Thanks!!
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another happy customer. Figured I'd throw some pictures from my thread to show off how awesome these lights are, the output is unreal.

Austin

[This message has been edited by Vendetta (edited 12-19-2012).]

OneQuickGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneQuickGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that's a sharp looking car.
And those lights seem to fit it so well too, they blend in perfectly with the flow of the car.

Nicely done =)
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2012 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested.
OneQuickGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2012 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneQuickGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Thanks guys!

Replying to pms right now.

Keep posting if anyone else sees this and is interested.

I'm currently sold out but working on some improvements. I probably won't be able to make any more until sometime in January. I'm just experimenting with some things right now. If you pm me, or post up that you're interested, I'll be sure to follow up with you when things are ready to go again

Thank you,

Chris

Is it January yet is it January yet!!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2012 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OneQuickGT:

Is it January yet is it January yet!!

Not yet!

Still working on a few things and I'm slightly behind schedule. Holiday season is keeping me busy!
tampalinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2012 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tampalincEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any pics of these on a white car? It looks like the light output is a lot better then the Kris Munson headlights I have now.

[This message has been edited by tampalinc (edited 12-30-2012).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2012 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tampalinc:

Any pics of these on a white car? It looks like the light output is a lot better then the Kris Munson headlights I have now.

These were sent to me by a customer. I believe he said his car is still a work in progress but it gives you a good idea of what they would look like on a white car, painted black.

Thank you!

------------------

Embrace Racing

PFF
System Bot
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I glanced through the thread, but didn't see a note about what material the buckets are made from. The pics look like steel... is it stainless or mild?
wftb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i painted my buckets . i never got around to asking what they were made of .but they look like stainless .i wanted them grey in colour anyway so in the end it did not matter , i just painted them .
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are mild steel which is why I recommend painting them. If you wanted to spend the extra cash you could always get them powder coated. I might strip the paint off my own set in the spring and get them powder coated black.
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Anybody with my headlights want some halos?

Can do a variety of colors!

Hey man since I have the same basic car as you I gotta say that those red halo's look awesome on that red notchie!! I dunno if I will have the funds for these but when I get around to doing my headlights these are high on the list of options for me. Nice work they make the car look much more modern and dare I say it...MEAN!! peace

Pete

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know... I like the idea but I have noticed in several close-up pix how the clear cover doesn't seem to fit the hood opening very well - or is it just a matter of adjustment?

Originally posted by Vendetta:

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2013 05:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:
Hey man since I have the same basic car as you I gotta say that those red halo's look awesome on that red notchie!! I dunno if I will have the funds for these but when I get around to doing my headlights these are high on the list of options for me. Nice work they make the car look much more modern and dare I say it...MEAN!! peace

Pete

Thanks Pete! Just let me know if you ever want a set

yellowstone, the fitment is actually pretty good. I think that sometimes pictures from up close are a little deceiving at certain angles, and other times it can be a matter of adjustment. I admit that getting them perfectly adjusted requires some patience, but it can be done. The set on my car is far from finely adjusted. I was in a rush during my final installation and I haven't had time to further adjust my own set. Hopefully this coming Spring I will have more time to do so.

In the meantime I'm working on some small improvements to the design, mainly the aiming system for the projectors and the mounting of the lenses. When I resume making these in the next few weeks, the updates will be implemented.
OneQuickGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2013 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneQuickGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Auh huh... you're all in line behind me. HA! =)
lazertazer300

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2013 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lazertazer300Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in buying A set of headlights
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2013 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

I don't know... I like the idea but I have noticed in several close-up pix how the clear cover doesn't seem to fit the hood opening very well - or is it just a matter of adjustment?

Yellowstone,
Honestly I had noticed the same thing in a couple pics and had just figured it was simply needing more adjustment to get it to fit correctly. In all honesty most of the pics I have seen the covers do seem to sit a tad low in the headlight opening. I agree I do like the idea but I also noticed that the lights seem to sit a tad low in the housing as well. I am sure a lot of this can be adjusted out but I did not want to come on here and kill the excitement. Most that have bought them seem to like them so I guess it is one of those you gotta be there to see them kinda things. Honestly I really like the pop up headlights in my fiero, just wish they were not such a pain in the ass.... LOL peace

Pete
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2013 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lazertazer300:

I'm interested in buying A set of headlights

Please pm me with your info such as email address and I will email you when I have them up and running again. Should only be a few weeks

Vertical adjustment is pretty easy. Basically you can just space/shim the bucket up higher. Kind of hard to explain, but when you have the stuff in your hands, you can see it is pretty straightforward.
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back up and running with producing these lights!

New kit is $420 as I have made some improvements to the design (more costly to build + more time). Only increased $10, tried to keep it as reasonable as possible. Visually they look the same, but install and aiming should be easier, plus the lenses will be secured with 4 counter sunk fasteners each. Barely visible, but guarantees no lenses coming loose at speed.

If you're interested, please feel free to contact me. Tomorrow I will post a thread in the mall with some pictures of the revisions. I would like to get a good idea of how many projectors I need to order + other supplies.

Thanks for everyone's support!

------------------

Embrace Racing

OneQuickGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneQuickGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most definitely down for a set, and I've set you a PM!

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2013 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!

Group buy posted in the mall!
tntcary

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sign me up. I WANT. These are awesome. I got a few sets of Kris Munson kits back in the day and he freaking rocked. Your design is a BIIIG improvement. LOVE the new Halo look too. Great work man!!!! Hit me back.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tntcary:

Sign me up. I WANT. These are awesome. I got a few sets of Kris Munson kits back in the day and he freaking rocked. Your design is a BIIIG improvement. LOVE the new Halo look too. Great work man!!!! Hit me back.

pm replied, thanks!
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had my car out a week ago when it was warm. Did some driving around during the day and at night. I just love my new headlights for all the light they put out.

I then pulled the hood because I have some work to do on it for cosmetic issues so I can get the whole car painted this summer. It was pretty fun to pull the hood with the light buckets still attached. With the way I wired it there are only 3 wires on each side to remove so it comes off pretty easy. When I put it back together I will be paying more attention to the way the buckets are mounted in the openings so that it is as close as is possible to being totally level with the hood when it is done.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

Had my car out a week ago when it was warm. Did some driving around during the day and at night. I just love my new headlights for all the light they put out.

I then pulled the hood because I have some work to do on it for cosmetic issues so I can get the whole car painted this summer. It was pretty fun to pull the hood with the light buckets still attached. With the way I wired it there are only 3 wires on each side to remove so it comes off pretty easy. When I put it back together I will be paying more attention to the way the buckets are mounted in the openings so that it is as close as is possible to being totally level with the hood when it is done.

Thanks for the review!

I also just wanted to make people aware that I have released REV2 of these lights. Some improvements have been made to the lenses themselves and the mounting of them. The projector aiming brackets are also all new.

In the pictures you see below, you can see that the lenses are now mounted with countersunk machine screws (in addition to the velcro). Holes in the new buckets will be standard to accommodate these screws.

Also, the lenses now match the curvature of the headlight doors better. This should ensure an easier fit to get everything level in the hood openings.

Lastly, the aiming bracket is all new and should be easier to make adjustments

------------------

Embrace Racing

kk86 2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kk86 2m6Send a Private Message to kk86 2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man can't wait to be able to afford those lol they look awesome.
OneQuickGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneQuickGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They ARE awesome!
My GT is in the paint shop right now, should have it back by the end of the week.
I've powder coated my buckets and brackets semi gloss black, and have assembled the lights.
I'm just waiting for the car now, then I'll install the lights and post up some pic's,
but from what I can already see, the fit and finish is outstanding.
Very pleased with this purchase!.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock