Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Any REAL interest in a widebody kit? (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Any REAL interest in a widebody kit? by Archie
Started on: 02-16-2007 01:24 PM
Replies: 982 (123916 views)
Last post by: FieroFastBackL67 on 11-16-2015 02:58 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racer_JT:

I am very interested in a set of them as soon as possible.
Thanks
Jesse

Sounds good. Any idea on what type of rear rims (size) you're planning on using?
IP: Logged
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie any plans for the front end? I'm interested! Any one else interested in a entire widebody kit from Archie ?

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Archie any plans for the front end? I'm interested! Any one else interested in a entire widebody kit from Archie ?

An Archie/Curly full widebody kit? Sounds like a plan
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2007 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...when this thread started i didnt want a widebody cause of the money....now...i can hear my wallet crying. ..i need to start saving .

-Kaleb

p.s.-not saying that its not a good price..it is...its just a little bit over my budget..which is exactly why i'm startin to save some money
Automoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2007 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutomodaSend a Private Message to AutomodaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I'm mostly interested in the kit as you've presented it so far. If you offer a front-end thats to-die-for then my budget might change.

I'd be a bit concerned about spacing the wheels out on the front, and getting that 'steering swing' from having the offset be so extreme. The wider A-arms might be required...which is a hidden cost to the whole project beyond the fiberglass. Its easier to get away with on the back.

------------------

87 Quad 4 HO convertible

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A front widebody kit seems like the thing to do. If you want the back, seems pretty natural that you would want a front kit as well.

It's cool to see so many people interested, however I think you will see a real spike in intrest once Curly's car is out and about.

Seeing is believing. I think this kit and car will make many a believer !
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
A front widebody kit seems like the thing to do. If you want the back, seems pretty natural that you would want a front kit as well.

It's cool to see so many people interested, however I think you will see a real spike in intrest once Curly's car is out and about.

Seeing is believing. I think this kit and car will make many a believer !

Remember that Curly's front is Norm's Fiberglass Tilt front end... Not the same. IMO for the more stock Fiero look you would need to go the Doug's Fiero Warehouse IMSA front end and modify it but thats going to cost $$$$ in R&D. This is the advantage with the Mad-Archie (marchie) kit. The R&D is already done for the rear and it's affordable. Just working on my (R&D) C5 Lemans headlight project was not cheap, costing too much and frustrating, thats why I ended it. When I read other user Biatching about the cost of Archies rear end that it's price is high, I just laugh... They don't realize the time in Research & Development and the money that fly out. People you are getting a deal with the Mad-Archie (marchie) kit!

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 04-25-2007).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little update......

After several days of finish sanding & shaping on the car, the rear bumper is getting closer to being ready to take molds off of.

The 1st part of that process is to spray on Dura-Tech.

Then a couple of long days of sanding, waxing, buffing & polishing.... all this followed up by about 6 layers of wax before it's ready to start making molds.

It's in the mold room now but here are a few pictures from the last few days.....

(Nice hat Dude, you look like some kinda FBI agent)

We've already shown the mold making process on the Rocker Panels. Does anyone want see the same process again on the rear bumper?

Archie
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes please
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go for it Archie!
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
haha you shouldnt have to ask that question

-Kaleb
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

It's cool to see so many people interested, however I think you will see a real spike in intrest once Curly's car is out and about. Seeing is believing. I think this kit and car will make many a believer !

Yes. If the, "Arch Rival" appears at the Dells....The "Genie" would therefor be out of the bottle. The blending of the two, (FieroWarehouse front + Arch-rivalism) would be one heck of a Fiero.

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Remember that Curly's front is Norm's Fiberglass Tilt front end... Not the same. IMO for the more stock Fiero look you would need to go the Doug's Fiero Warehouse IMSA front end and modify it but thats going to cost $$$$ in R&D. This is the advantage with the Mad-Archie (marchie) kit. The R&D is already done for the rear and it's affordable. getting a deal with the Mad-Archie (marchie) kit!

The question remaining is.....who's going to be the first?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-25-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here we go again......

Here is the buck with some of the flange walls in place. These will create the flanges where the multipiece mold bolts together.

They don't have to be pretty, they just have to work.

Can you guess why this is on there?

The buck was sprayed in Gel-Coat & let sit overnight. Then the next morning Mark & Kris started laying layers of fiberglass over the buck to form the mold.

Here it has 7 heavy layers of glass matt & some reinforcing built into it.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Hopefully it will cure overnight then we can make all of the other 3 pcs of the mold tomorrow.

The problem with most people who make Fiberglass molds & parts is that they breath too many of the fumes.....

Archie
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

The problem with most people who make Fiberglass molds & parts is that they breath too many of the fumes.....

Archie

What? - no respirators. That must be fun.

------------------

InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have to be creaful, tumors are real.

Work looks great still interested in seeing final kit.
AutoTech

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

What? - no respirators. That must be fun.

You get used to it, you become one with the smell...
AutoTech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AutoTech

2385 posts
Member since Aug 2004

Archie

ROFLMAO!!!!

The sad part is he really does look like that!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, how many man-hours do you think it took for the rear bumber to get to this point?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by AutoTech:

You get used to it, you become one with the smell...

What about the scratching?

AutoTech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is no scratching when you lay fiberglass, but when you trim the parts, you better be wearing long sleeves! I actually found that taking a SCORCHING hot shower helps...
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There is no scratching when you lay fiberglass, but when you trim the parts, you better be wearing long sleeves! I actually found that taking a SCORCHING hot shower helps...

Use the clear heavy duty Scotch packaging tape. Are you the only person working the fiberglass?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-27-2007).]

AutoTech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Use the clear heavy duty Scotch packaging tape. Are you the only person working the fiberglass?

Not sure I follow you on the tape, and Im not the only one thats surrenders to the hells of fiberglassing!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not sure I follow you on the tape, and Im not the only one thats surrenders to the hells of fiberglassing!

The tape is used to remove stubburn particles that are embedded into the skin. The sticky tape is used to remove them. Granted..just like a girl getting a bikini wax, you'll loose some arm hairs in the process, hehe..
AutoTech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, I'll give it a shot. Anythings better than laying in bed at night trying to sleep when all you can do is itch itch itch!
toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have used the tape method for stubborn stuff, with success.

After twenty-plus years of itching, I grew tired of it and came up with the following method:

*Long sleeve, heavy, button-up, shirt and extra pair of pants over my "real" work clothes. I don't care how hot it is, I suit up like this; and would rather sweat profusely than itch like that again.
    *Long, latex, gloves pulled up over the sleeves of the shirt.
    *Dust mask for sanding/grinding. (Chemical respirator for lay-up)
    *Eye protection - nothing worse than something in your eye you can't see to get out)
    *Full paper, throw-away, painter's suit for heavy sanding/grinding.
    *Last but not least - shop vac in left hand/cutting tool in right. If I need both hands on the cutting tool, I have a second pair of hands to man the vac, or vice versa - whichever keeps the most dust out of the air. I can usually catch everything with the shop vac, leaving nothing in the air. The "space suit" is for the times I miss.

This has worked really well for me, and it is very rare for me to finsh and itch. Usually I have no physical evidence of having been involved with the evil itchmaster I am always doing some type of fiberglass work too.

------------------
toddshotrods.com - wanna ride?
crazy projects, features, articles, art & more

[This message has been edited by toddshotrods (edited 04-27-2007).]

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To give people something extra to sand off before they install it? LOL J/K

I am assuming it's an attempt to keep people from copying and selling "your" creation.

------------------

My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com

Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i know this is wierd but if you get some pantyhose and wash yourself wit it in the shower it pulls out the fiberglass---dont ask how i found that out.haha----

-Kaleb

p.s.-respirators are for wimps=D

Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kaleb

240 posts
Member since Jan 2007

i dunno but i think you should start putting logos and stuff like that on your parts...IMO you have the kind of name fiero owners dont mind having on their car...and if they dont want it on their car they could jus ask you to not put it on their part but i wouldnt mind my car sayin "v8 archie" somewhere on it as long as its subtle...

-Kaleb
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2007 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well today we removed the new bumper mold from the "Buck" & it looks pretty good. We need to wax & polish the mold several times & we'll be ready to take the 1st part out of the mold.

Here are a few pictures of the main part of the 4 pc. mold.

Here are a few pics of Kris & Mark taking the mold apart.....

You may have noticed our new environmental control suits.

We shopped around & couldn't find ones we liked so we made our own. We used parts supplied by hinkley Springs, U-Line & Big Joe's Butt Crack Plumbing Supplies.

The new suits have seemed to slow Kris down a little bit. Mark can still work the same speed as he worked before he put on the suit, I don't think he could have slowed down any more anyway.

I think Kris looks a lot better now that he's wearing the new suit.

Archie
fieroman87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2007 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman87Send a Private Message to fieroman87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^ dude, that's just mesed up lol

------------------
Arty: a.k.a. FestYboy or Fieroman87
'87 GT 5 spd. (soon to be 3.6L TT 6 spd.), '88 Festiva 5 spd. rockin' a high revin' 1.6, '87 Scirocco 5 spd. (VR6 swap?)
AIM: FestYboy88L

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2007 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess they'll be no smoking inside that suit, hehe.

Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2007 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
only the latest in respiration technologey

[This message has been edited by Kaleb (edited 05-01-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2007 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since he's wearing a robot suit and gloves, can he do the moon walk?
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2007 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We got our ventilation system all fired up today & the guys made the 1st part out of the new widebody rear bumper mold.

We'll be popping the part out of the mold tomorrow. Stay tuned & ignore that light headed feeling your getting.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 05-04-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
We took the 1st rear bumper out of the mold today. It turned out pretty good, here's what it looks like.

Archie
SAFASTRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie....that kit is looking bad-ass.....when do you guys start on the rear quarters??

------------------

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

Hey Archie....that kit is looking bad-ass.....when do you guys start on the rear quarters??

Thanks

We are going to be doing a bunch of finish sanding on the fenders & doors prior to the Dells Show. Then right after that show, we are going to be prepping them to pull molds off of them. So the answer is, right after the dells show.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm biased but, I sure love the idea of removing the 80's upper black bumber from the rear and how it is (now 2000 style-ish) intergated with the hips.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock