Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Any REAL interest in a widebody kit? (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Any REAL interest in a widebody kit? by Archie
Started on: 02-16-2007 01:24 PM
Replies: 982 (123938 views)
Last post by: FieroFastBackL67 on 11-16-2015 02:58 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Bar being raised:

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perfecting a Mad-Arch Fastback widebody w/19x 11" rollors.

MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Perfecting a Mad-Arch Fastback widebody w/19x 11" rollors.

Ahem... 315 mm wide / 25.4 = 12.4" wide :-)
Chuck
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Chuck, are you going to dis-assemble the rims for black centers or leave as-is?
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Chuck, are you going to dis-assemble the rims for black centers or leave as-is?

I like them just the way they are...
Chuck
chrisgtp

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok this is my attempt but here is an idea of the wide body with the finale front end
chrisgtp

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

chrisgtp

411 posts
Member since Nov 2006
my fav

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will take 2
02greens10

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 02greens10Send a Private Message to 02greens10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are there any pics of a non-chop fastback with the widebody front and rear? I went back through to page 9 and saw one with just the rear on it I think. I really like how this came out, seems like the perfect start for someone wanting a widebody but wants to add some 'custom flair' to it. Price is right, too

Edit: having stock wheels would be a help, too, as it's hard to get an idea for just how wide it is when the wheels match in width (like an optical illusion trying to compare to a stock fiero)

[This message has been edited by kwagner (edited 02-22-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kwagner:

Are there any pics of a non-chop fastback with the widebody front and rear? I went back through to page 9 and saw one with just the rear on it I think. I really like how this came out, seems like the perfect start for someone wanting a widebody but wants to add some 'custom flair' to it. Price is right, too

Edit: having stock wheels would be a help, too, as it's hard to get an idea for just how wide it is when the wheels match in width (like an optical illusion trying to compare to a stock fiero)

Answer on pg 1.

Originally posted by Archie:

2) In the rear the lip above the tire at the centerline of the wheel is 5-3/8" wider than a stock GT which is 2-11/16" per side. As you may know HRE custom made the wheels for Troy & Curley's cars using measurements I provided. But yet they refuse to provide those guys with the exact offsets data that are on the wheels they bought. I have taken very close measurements off of those wheels & I will provide that info to those that want it. HOWEVER, it has to be provided under the understanding that I'm not responsible if that data is used to buy wheels that for some reason don't fit correctly.

Thanks

Archie

The primer white fastback is also featured, but I'm not sure if someone has bought it, but the Mad-Arch kit (in this case) comes with the car.

PFF
System Bot
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Answer on pg 1.

D'oh! Of course I worked my way backwards and didn't get to page 1 Thanks!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2008 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, where nearing March 6th.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2008 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Archie, where nearing March 6th.

What happens on the 6th.?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2008 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What happens on the 6th.?

How soon we forget, hehe. Do I owe you dinner at Black Hawk diner?

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2008 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How soon we forget, hehe. Do I owe you dinner at Black Hawk diner?

You have a PM or you can just call me on the cell.

Archie
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie,

I got my wide body kit this week. I haven't opened it yet I need some time to recover then I can start.

Paul
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by War Hammer:

Hey Archie,

I got my wide body kit this week. I haven't opened it yet I need some time to recover then I can start.

Paul

That's Good news. How big is the box or crate and weight? Please do take a pic prior to opening.

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see pics of an average person taking on this project. Archies pics are great, but make it look a little overwhelming for the little guy who has no real body experience.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

* Bump*

The complete kit with mounting hardware as needed & instructions is $1950.00 (plus shipping).

Individual parts are......
Rocker Panels = $750.00/pair
Rear Bumper = $550.00
Door Caps = $300.00/pair
Fender Caps = $550.00/pair

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2008 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-05-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2008 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by War Hammer:

Hey Archie,

Paul

hammer, got a chance to open the kit yet ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2008 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

hammer, got a chance to open the kit yet ?

A birdie told me somebody else got a Mad-Arch wide body kit too.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2008 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A birdie told me somebody else got a Mad-Arch wide body kit too.

Another birdie just flew in wanting a set.
BitStream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2008 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BitStreamSend a Private Message to BitStreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi All...

I am new to this forum and I have one work for it.... AWSOME.. keep up the great posts...

Archie...

I want a Wide Body Kit A.S.A.P.

Going onto a 86 SE Notchback... However, I live in Alberta Canada...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

I can be contacted through this forum as well as bitstream@shaw.ca

Thanks...
BitStream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BitStreamSend a Private Message to BitStreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woo Hoo...

Just ordered my Wide Body kit today...

Thanks Archie...

Now there is so much other stuff I want to do.... Time to start on some interior mods as soon as I get a chance...

Ervin
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BitStream:

Woo Hoo...

Just ordered my Wide Body kit today...

Thanks Archie...

Now there is so much other stuff I want to do.... Time to start on some interior mods as soon as I get a chance...

Ervin

Sounds good to me!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-14-2008).]

SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DAMN.....I thought I'd be the first with a widebodied Fiero in Alberta........welcome to the forum!!
Oh well......I guess this just means I'll have to work a little faster.

------------------
Order your Official Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion pushing 350 ponies!!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I believe so.

There is one thing I forgot to mention from our extended visit to Tire Rack. The wheels we ended up getting & the final tire size package for this car had to be built from the parts bin. In other words the correct inner & outer rings had to be selected out of inventory & as of now you can't order this combination online. The engineer we dealt with said that once the fitment has been proven out, they'll actually add another model to the "Fiero" online selection. You'll actually be able to order any OZ center section with the correct inner & outer plus tires just as if you're ordering for another model of the Fiero.

Very Cool.

Archie

Did the Tire Rack revise the site application for 19/20 or 18/20 combos on a Fiero?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-22-2008).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine yesterday. I cant wait to install it..
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I finally saw the Mad-Arch kit on a notch back... beautiful.

MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, I finally saw the Mad-Arch kit on a notch back... beautiful.

I Want... I Want....
Oh wait.............
I Got... I Got.... :-)
Chuck
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those who have not seen Chuck's car or the widebody kit in general, let me tell you we are talking about things of beauty !

It was amazing watching people watch chuck's car as it rolled down the roadways. Jaws were dropping, heads were snapping, and people were simply drooling.

The car really has an exotic look to it,...... very, very impressive, a must see in person.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-02-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
For those who have not seen Chuck's car or the widebody kit in general, let me tell you we are talking about things of beauty !

It was amazing watching people watch chuck's car as it rolled down the roadways. Jaws were dropping, heads were snapping, and people were simply drooling.

The car really has an exotic look to it,...... very, very impressive, a must see in person.

Don't forget, Chuck's rollers where banging right down the chrome valve caps!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

Can't wait to see pics of an average person taking on this project. Archies pics are great, but make it look a little overwhelming for the little guy who has no real body experience.

Here are some pic's of my work on my widebody. so far it is fairly easy to install. just to let you know Archie did A great job on the fitment.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
thanks, Archie I love the kit and I will keep you posted
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The designer and his creation !

Madcurl and the Mad-Arch widebody kit:

GM eat your heart out !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-02-2008).]

The_Ikon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice B-kit! I wonder if I can install it myself? Is it an easy kit to install? How is the durability of the kit guys?

Did I say it was nice! LOL
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I so want one. I would also like to know how hard is it to install? Either way once I finish my degree Archie will more then likely be meeting my fiero for some work.
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey whodeanie!
Nice install so far!!! I can't wait to see a widebody on a non-chopped GT with that f355 nose all primered up.
Keep up the great work!!

------------------
Order your Official Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion pushing 350 ponies!!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock