Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Any REAL interest in a widebody kit? (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Any REAL interest in a widebody kit? by Archie
Started on: 02-16-2007 01:24 PM
Replies: 982 (123844 views)
Last post by: FieroFastBackL67 on 11-16-2015 02:58 PM
MotorTV

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to all the people who like the car so far.... Perhaps i will finish it in time for Archie's show and Fierorama...
Any one want to try to sugest a name for this car?
Chuck
IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MotorTV:

Thanks to all the people who like the car so far.... Perhaps i will finish it in time for Archie's show and Fierorama...
Chuck

"Killa" or some type of number like...N/1819.

Hey, how bout' some pics of the rims. Oh yeah, I seen your rims today on a brand new Porshe 997, but his fronts didn't have the 2" lip.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-03-2007).]

MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hey, how bout' some pics of the rims. Oh yeah, I seen your rims today on a brand new Porshe 997, but his fronts didn't have the 2" lip.

Two of the names in the running are "Ambush" and "Overkill"
The panels are off the car for wetsanding right now. I will take more pics when i put them back on... Maby today...
Chuck
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MotorTV:
Chuck

RED FURY

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 09-03-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hehehe how about MURDER ??

It is usually red and this car is definatly a killer !

On second thought that may be a bit too morbid.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-03-2007).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm
Ambush, Overkill, Red Fury, Murder. Anyone remember the movie "The Shinning" name it REDRUM
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ahhh good name! it incorporates the color, and still has the violence of names that were suggested previous

[This message has been edited by Kaleb (edited 09-03-2007).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well......I found my next build....now I just need to find a suitable car
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*****WIDE LOAD******

------------------
Fiero Thomas
85 Fiero GT
86 Fiero GT
88 Formula T-Top C+C # 1239 of 1252, Build Digit 26,224 of 26,402
NIFE Member
Fiero News dot net

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

*****WIDE LOAD******

I like big butts and I can not lie You other brothers can't deny
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have power, speed (LT1) and your car is red. How about RedWolf.... Sounds like a Tom Clancy book...
PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2007 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I gotta say something about this car & it's owner.

I think everyone knows by now that this is Chuck's car (PFF=MotorTV). Everyone's seen his red 383ci LT1 Turbo car.

Wow!! Now that turbo LT1 has the pefect body to represent it. Muscle look with real muscle. In my opinion those are the best rims I have seen in any Fiero here
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2007 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He also has a lot more that a "Working Knowledge" of micro electronics, cameras & video. He operates a machine shop for a Firm in Chicago & does everything from machine setup to machine repair to operating the Tool Room.

Chuck's kinda shy but next time you see him at a show, check out his car & you'll be impressed.

Archie

He must also have ready access to a paint booth and the knowledge how to use it...that is the fastest repaint I have ever seen. I am jealous.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 09-05-2007).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2007 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

He must also have ready access to a paint booth and the knowledge how to use it...that is the fastest repaint I have ever seen. I am jealous.

Nope, no paint booth.

The paint job he had on the car prior to this widebody swap & the current paint job were done in his home garage.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2007 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
FierociousGT, The Eagle has landed.

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2007 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FierociousGT, The Eagle has landed.

Thanks for letting my know. Sorry about last night. I thought the phone # I redialed where the in laws in Antioch, IL.

PS
There are parts in the trunk and passenger side... like Fiero Store "GT Turbo scoops w/ tinted windows", IMSA fenders and lip spoiler, etc

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 09-05-2007).]

eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2007 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not sure if I have missed it, or if it wasn't said, but is the front widened bumber without molding also something you are selling archie?

And what does that bring the grand total to for every panel but the clip, roof, hood, and door skins?

Chris
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2007 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

you'd be surprised what you can do in a garage paintwise...i have a friend that runs a body shop out of a glorified garage..its pretty primitive but he does some of the best paint jobs in town..not that much dirt gets in the paint and all you do is wet sand the paint after you paint it--which you would do anyway even with a booth cuz theres always gonna be some dust somwhere that WILL get on the car -- i'll be painting my next project in my garage
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2007 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2007 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I gotta say something about this car & it's owner.

I think everyone knows by now that this is Chuck's car (PFF=MotorTV). Everyone's seen his red 383ci LT1 Turbo car.

I gotta say that Chuck is very likely the most versatile "Car Guy" that I've ever meet.

If you've been following this thread, you've noticed that he put the car together himself. This is the 2nd time he's painted this car. He does it at home in his garage without a paint booth one panel at a time. He built the entire wire harness he has on his 383 LT1 Turbo & has done all the programming with his laptop. He has many "tweeks" on his car that you overlook initially but once you see them you notice how well executed thay are.

He also has a lot more that a "Working Knowledge" of micro electronics, cameras & video. He operates a machine shop for a Firm in Chicago & does everything from machine setup to machine repair to operating the Tool Room.

Chuck's kinda shy but next time you see him at a show, check out his car & you'll be impressed.

Now, I'd be happy if he could just take some clear full size pics of the wheels & the car from several different angles.

Archie

I have to agree with you Archie, Chuck is a nice guy, very knowledgeable and capable.

Chuck well done my friend!

JG
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2007 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
name it

CUJO

[This message has been edited by 88White3.4GT (edited 09-09-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2007 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is beautiful !!!! Wow! Just wow!

------------------

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kaleb:

you'd be surprised what you can do in a garage paintwise...i have a friend that runs a body shop out of a glorified garage..its pretty primitive but he does some of the best paint jobs in town..not that much dirt gets in the paint and all you do is wet sand the paint after you paint it--which you would do anyway even with a booth cuz theres always gonna be some dust somwhere that WILL get on the car -- i'll be painting my next project in my garage

I have my garage set up as a spray booth. The compressor sits in the basement and can't be heard from the garage and also sucks in drier air ( dehumidifier ) and I have a pretty neat setup for air exchange. I'm installing a full furnace and central air setup in the garage this fall as my old heating unit is starting to fail on me. As for the paint quality, I sprayed in a dealership booth for quite a while and I really like my garage setup. Several of my paint jobs now have been on Fieros that have been show cars and I've got a bit of my paint work all over the country.

Mark

Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

I have my garage set up as a spray booth. The compressor sits in the basement and can't be heard from the garage and also sucks in drier air ( dehumidifier ) and I have a pretty neat setup for air exchange. I'm installing a full furnace and central air setup in the garage this fall as my old heating unit is starting to fail on me. As for the paint quality, I sprayed in a dealership booth for quite a while and I really like my garage setup. Several of my paint jobs now have been on Fieros that have been show cars and I've got a bit of my paint work all over the country.

Mark

ok well thats just cool
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wandering some off topic, but has there ever been a home garage paint job thread? i have a pretty good sized garage now and i'd love to try and work a spot or corner of it into an area where i could try to paint a car.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats to Chuck (MotorTV) Best of Show (non-stock Fiero) Fierorama 2007

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WTG Chuck, Well deserved. Car looks great.
Gary
I forgot something!! Notchie's Rule!

[This message has been edited by GKDINC (edited 09-10-2007).]

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now I really wish I hadn't sold my gold notchy. Would have made an awesome driver, with this kit...

A word to the wise: Never sell all your Fieros and hang around PFF; they'll make you regret it

------------------
toddshotrods.com - wanna ride?
crazy projects, features, articles, art & more

[This message has been edited by toddshotrods (edited 09-10-2007).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulation Chuck! (MotorTV). Well deserved!
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Could somebody PHOTO-CHOP that....I just want to see....

------------------

MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to all for the nice coments... I had a blast at the show and could not beleve the response to the car.
Thanks to Archie for putting up with me stealing the parts off his test car before he had time to make the rest of the molds.
Firefox.... Thank you very little for the grass.... lol... (That sounded bad... It was lawn grass...)
Can I go to sleep now?
Chuck
PFF
System Bot
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrat's Chuck! The car looks very nice and good job on the paint.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Could somebody PHOTO-CHOP that....I just want to see....

You & I think alike.

That is exactly why I took & posted that picture.

Someone chop it for us.

Archie
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Congrats to Chuck (MotorTV) Best of Show (non-stock Fiero) Fierorama 2007

You know I didn't put two and two together until I saw the engine....Chuck's car is the only one I know by the engine compartment...been one of my favorites for years!!

I'd chop it but my chopping software is off-line
toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll bite, but I always have to put my twist on it

------------------
toddshotrods.com - wanna ride?
crazy projects, features, articles, art & more

[This message has been edited by toddshotrods (edited 09-11-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by toddshotrods:

I'll bite, but I always have to put my twist on it

Looks good, thanks.

You may want to put MotorTV's name on that pic too.

You just know that someone is going to pick that picture off this site & start posting it up all over the Internet with their own banner as their own car or design.

Thanks Very Much.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 09-11-2007).]

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^ See if that's what you meant (original pic has been edited). If so, you can replace the pic in your quote, so the nabbers don't get it. If that's not what you meant by putting his name on it or, if I have your info wring MotorTV, let me know what needs to be corrected. Glad I could help...

[This message has been edited by toddshotrods (edited 09-11-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes it's real hard to get good pics during a show. So, I took a few other pics of Chucks car before the Open House on Saturday.

I love the way it looks..... That body looks much better than I had thought it would look.

Archie
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the blacked out triangle. Either that or fill it in during fitment. It looks great no matter what, thats for sure.
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about a side-marker light? isn't it illegal with out one? The car looks awesome
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock