Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Cupholder/Armrest (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Cupholder/Armrest by TXGOOD
Started on: 03-10-2011 08:06 AM
Replies: 887 (62469 views)
Last post by: Cunnive on 07-05-2023 11:26 AM
lildevil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AWESOME PRODUCT! Almost too nice to use!

------------------

IP: Logged
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, guys for the kudos
I appreciate it.
Mike
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
pm sent
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my TXGOOD cupholder/armrest today. I have to say this is a really nice piece. Very sturdy and well made nothing at all cheap about this product. The stitching is perfect and matches my interior better than I imagined. Looks fantastic in the car and has just the right amount of cushion under the arm. Mike was great to work with and I have to thank fierothomas for supplying the material so it matched my shifter boot. Mike even sent back the extra material that was left over. Highly recommend Mike's product! One of the best purchases I've gotten so far.

------------------

Getting closer every day!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/080998.html

Donnie

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Donnie, looks great.
Glad you are pleased.
Mike
bristowb

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bristowbSend a Private Message to bristowbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got mine a few weeks ago and I love it. very comfortable. very useful hold my IPhone and a drink.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Brian.
I just left you feedback because since you only PMed me I couldn`t leave you feedback before.
Mike
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A new console door sent out last week.

marc-alan

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marc-alanSend a Private Message to marc-alanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much for the door? It look awesome
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Marc-Alan they are 75.00 with the emblem or 60.00 without.
These usually take a little longer to make because I don`t sell a lot and I have to order the latch because I don`t keep them in stock, but it usually only takes 3 days at the most to get them in.
Mike
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for Memorial Day sale.
The sale is I`m still selling them.
Sorry guys, but I don`t hardly make anything off of these anyway, or I would drop the price a little.
Mike
PFF
System Bot
DC88fiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DC88fieroSend a Private Message to DC88fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any word on the inline model? Could a model be made without the straps and another way to secure it (big chunk of velcro?)

Bill
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope to get to work on the inline model again in the next couple of weeks.
As for the straps, I can leave those off of the cupholders I currently make.
I have had a couple of people order them without straps, although I`m not sure how they attached them.
You could probably use velcro.
Mike
masospaghetti

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These look awesome! Can the +12v socket still be used though when its installed?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, it covers it up.
I think if you left one of the liners out of that side you might be able to use it, but I haven`t tried it yet.
Mike
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2011 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is another cupholder on it`s way.
This one is a deep version.

scott0999

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2011 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM'd
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally threw together a cupholder for myself.

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Want to buy one for an 85 convertible that I am now building but would like to match the Red leather upholstery that is now being installed. I'll try to send a digital photo and hope that you can get close as I have no spare material to send. How can we match the color?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It`s really hard to tell from a picture on a computer.
Did you happen to get the leather from Mr. Mike?
Leather especially is hard because if I`m not mistaken it can slightly change shades over different batches.
Mike
blacknblue

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blacknblueSend a Private Message to blacknblueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike these look amazing. If you could invent one with the driver's side cupholder deleted,that looked this good, i would write any number you want on a check and hand deliver it to you.
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don`t have to put a liner in the drivers side.
It`s simply a matter of not drilling the hole when making the base.
I have been thinking of something else that could go there that would be practical.
After making one for my car, I`m also trying to come up with a way to attach the front where it doesn`t pull up on the plastic console and it holds the front down a little more snug.
I think I have something in mind that is simple, and I would likely offer an upgrade to my past customers.
I should have something after this weekend.
Mike
ffindley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ffindleySend a Private Message to ffindleyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really liked the cupholder system in the '95 firebird I used to own. It had an ashtray/changeholder which fit almost flush within the cupholder. The top was the same material as the rest of the console and opened by a hinge. I can't find a picture of it but it was similar in concept to this aftermarket item but much nicer:

I would definitely be willing to pay more to have something like this which turn the driver side cupholder into a flush cointray but could easily be lifted out when two cupholders are needed.

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am working on a liner that goes on the drivers side that has the cigarette lighter built in.
It will basically have a regular looking cupholder liner but will have the cigarette lighter installed at an angle similar to how it is now.
I am also working on a new way to hold the front down on the cupholder.
I was wondering if anyone who has bought a cupholder from me and didn`t like the way the bar was has come up with another way of securing the front of the holder.
I would appreciate any input.
Mike

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 07-05-2011).]

ironhead

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ironheadSend a Private Message to ironheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike,
I received my armrest yesterday.
Thanks for keeping informed with the progress.
It looks great, now I need to finish my interior.

Brian
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please post a pic when you get your interior done.
Thanks, Mike
hetterbr

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hetterbrSend a Private Message to hetterbrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump because I can't say enough about these cup holder/armrest combos. I was at the Carlisle, PA GM Nationals car show and they were auctioning off one of TXGOOD's combos. They were so nice that they looked better than something that would come out of the factory. I looked it over very carefully, and the craftsmanship was top notch. Let's put it this way, I wanted to stay for the auction, but I had somewhere to be and couldn't wait for it. I was fully prepared to offer $150 for it to take it with me, but I knew the club wouldn't want to stray from the auction. Great product Mike.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.

------------------

88 Coupe: Boosted 4 cylinder coming soon!
65 Chevrolet Corvair: 110 4 speed project car

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Hulki, I appreciate it.
Mike
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Order placed!

Jim
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stay tuned, Jim`s is going to be a unique set.
Mike
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

It`s really hard to tell from a picture on a computer.
Did you happen to get the leather from Mr. Mike?
Leather especially is hard because if I`m not mistaken it can slightly change shades over different batches.
Mike

No these are not Mr Mikes leather seats but ones that cost me 1/2 as much but they look excellent. Mr Mikes might be of better quality leather ( I have used them) but for 1/2 the price I decided to take a chance and was very pleased. It was actually some outfit from Texas that sold them to me.
I don't have any leather samples available so is there are way that you could send small snips of the red shades that you offer? I'd be happy to send you the postage and a couple of bucks for doing it this way. I want to order but don't want to receive something that is too far off . I know that the color won't be accurate but it will give an idea, Give me a couple of days and I'll post pics here for a starting point. .
Perhaps we can find a way for you to get close to the color. This is the online color which BTW looks close.

BTW, fine looking product.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 07-13-2011).]

donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

No these are not Mr Mikes leather seats but ones that cost me 1/2 as much but they look excellent. Mr Mikes might be of better quality leather ( I have used them) but for 1/2 the price I decided to take a chance and was pleased. It was actually some outfit from Texas that sold them to me.

I'd like to see these seats if they cost 1/2 as much as Mikes and are of good quality. I have Iggee seat covers and they are pretty durable but they do not look as nice as the leather or leatherette.

EmilioD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EmilioDSend a Private Message to EmilioDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Mike:
I would love to get one of this cup holders however it seems to me that I will loose the cigarette lighter, I do not smoke but that is where I hook up my Gps. Do you have a way around this problem?
please let me know.l

Thanks

------------------
Emilio

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am working on a way to have the cigarette lighter replace the cupholder on the drivers side.
This is the first I did, but I have to move it up a bit as it hits the console right above where the lighter normally goes.
That`s a piece of ABS plastic that the lighter mounts in and it does look good in the cupholder liner it`s just that the picture makes it look different.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 07-13-2011).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

I am working on a way to have the cigarette lighter replace the cupholder on the drivers side.
This is the first I did, but I have to move it up a bit as it hits the console right above where the lighter normally goes.
That`s a piece of ABS plastic that the lighter mounts in and it does look good in the cupholder liner it`s just that the picture makes it look different.

Why not make a hole in the center to the rear of the cupholders and locate the receptacle there? This way you would have both cupholders to use and the receptacle for cell phone GPS etc. The only thing is that you probably could not use the lighter element as the heat may have an effect on the vinyl.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was trying to come up with something that would be able to use the stock wires.
Also, because of where the lighter would go through it might hit the top of the console.
I`m not sure it would clear.
I`m always looking at ways to improve or come up with something new.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
Why not make a hole in the center to the rear of the cupholders and locate the receptacle there?

mike, you said it might hit the top of the console what moving it to the front-center would there be enough room there?

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 07-14-2011).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MIke go a few posts up and see a reasonable reprsentation of the color that I am looking for. Do you have anything close? I want to buy one of your deep cup holders but need to get close on the color and waiting to see if you can get a place for the receptacle included. In the worse case can you plug in say a GPS device under the armrest and then put it back in place? Still might buy it without the receptacle but a place to plug your radar detector or GPS would really be nice.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock