Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Cupholder/Armrest (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Cupholder/Armrest by TXGOOD
Started on: 03-10-2011 08:06 AM
Replies: 887 (62467 views)
Last post by: Cunnive on 07-05-2023 11:26 AM
pcgold

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike, you have a pm.
IP: Logged
Stars&Stripes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stars&StripesSend a Private Message to Stars&StripesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike, is your pricing the same as it was on the original thread? I am interested in both the armrest and the console door with emblems. If possible, I would like both in black with the emblems and the stitching in blue thread. What is the depths of the cup holders and will they fit with a can cooler around the can? What would be your lead time to get these made?

Thanks.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It`s still the same pricing as on page 1 of this thread.
I can do the emblems on both but most people just get the emblem on the console door.
If you put it on both it might look kind of busy, but I will do it if you like.
I have Black material and a Blue thread.
The Blue is more of a darker Blue like on the flag, maybe a tad lighter.
The liners are in either 1-5/8" or 2-3/8"
The tall and the short are pictured throughout this thread.
A can just fits in the liners so a Koozie won`t fit.
I can probably knock them out in a couple of weeks depending on when the embroider can do the emblems.
The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Deleted, Found answer. Sorry.

[This message has been edited by The Aura (edited 07-03-2014).]

Stars&Stripes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stars&StripesSend a Private Message to Stars&StripesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike, is it possible that I could have red stitching on the lower pad, white stitching on the upper pad and blue stitching for the Fiero emblem in the armrest? If I get the console door, would it be possible to stitch an American flag on it?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can for sure do the stitching colors and Blue emblem.
I will have to check with the embroiderer to see if they have an American flag on file.
If you want it a certain way or have your own picture they charge 65.00 for the digitizing fee to have it done.
I will let you know when I find out.
Stars&Stripes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stars&StripesSend a Private Message to Stars&StripesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike, I would like to continue this discussion with a private message but I do not have rights for that. How do I contact you?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can contact me at mgood55@austin.rr.com
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another satisfied customer. Short armrest/cupholder with power outlet. Color matches perfectly. Thanx Mike.

Also, pm'd you.
Stars&Stripes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2014 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stars&StripesSend a Private Message to Stars&StripesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike, I sent you an email at the address above.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2014 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I thought I had e-mailed you back.
I sent you an e-mail.
Mike
PFF
System Bot
huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2014 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally found this post! Met a Fiero owner (seq) a few weeks ago that had one and I love them! I'll buy one eventually but I don't have the money right now.
dcarrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2014 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcarrdSend a Private Message to dcarrdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike, out of curiosity, can the cup holder be held in place by something like industrial strength Velcro or does it need the straps?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2014 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don`t use the straps anymore.
It is held from underneath by a couple of angled brackets with screws through them into the stock holes that hold the plate on.
dcarrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dcarrdSend a Private Message to dcarrdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
one last question...I didnt see any in the dark brown color, is that available?
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received mine today Mike, it looks great! Thank you!

Charlie
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Charlie.

Originally posted by dcarrd:

one last question...I didnt see any in the dark brown color, is that available?

I have never done one in dark Brown so I haven`t really pursued a good match for it.
I have a dark Brown material but I don`t have Fiero parts to compare it with.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 07-10-2014).]

dcarrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcarrdSend a Private Message to dcarrdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
umm, yeah...that's the color Im interested in hahaha sorry. I guess I could trim a small piece from the back of one of the consoles and maybe mail it to you to see if you can find a match?? Or maybe Mr Mike has a source for that stock color? Its in an 84 SE

[This message has been edited by dcarrd (edited 07-10-2014).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm me your address and I will send a sample of the material I have and samples of a couple of others in my material book.
dcarrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcarrdSend a Private Message to dcarrdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
seq

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2014 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally took some photos of my Cupholder.

I have the shorter cups, and haven't had any spill worries. That said, I don't drive like a maniac when there are drinks in the car.

Since visuals sometimes help, here is a comparison of a can out and in the cup holder, so you can see coverage.

To quote myself from another thread

Originally posted by seq:
"I'm very, very happy with the cupholder. I've had it in for a few weeks. When driving around, I can only use the passenger-side cupholder, as anything in the driver-side blocks comfortable access to the shifter. It's fine for occasional shifting, and you probably won't be bothered if you have an auto. The only time I've had a passenger *and* drinks was when we drove to Rochester, NY. Simple workaround was to have my wife hold my drink until we got to speed on the highway. Then I don't need to touch the shifter for a while.

Don't take this as criticism of TxGood's design. There isn't a single suggestion for improvement I could make. As I said, I'm very happy with it."

I really, really want to emphasize that having a cup in the way of your arm isn't a design issue with TXGood's layout. There literally isn't any other way of doing it while keeping the awesome could-have-been-oem look this provides. I've seen stock cupholders in modern cars with worse layouts (2007 Focus -- Small drinks only, hard to get cup out in first or third third gear).

------------------
--
Seq

1987 Fiero GT : Information | Gallery

PFF
System Bot
dsr500sl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dsr500slSend a Private Message to dsr500slEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just installed short cupholder with lighter, console door with emblem, glove box in 1984 Fiero SE. Great quality design and workmanship. Must have for any Fiero.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2014 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you ever consider offering the cup holder section without the arm rest pad? I have a Mr. MiIkes console cover and just adding the front cup holder section IMO, would look nice.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2014 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don`t know how it would stay in place as the way I have it the plywood under the pad helps hold it in place.
If you want just the front section I would just leave the back off.
I could try it if you like.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 08-16-2014).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

I don`t know how it would stay in place as the way I have it the plywood under the pad helps hold it in place.

Let me send you a picture of what I now have. My ragtop will use the full cup holder w the armrest that I purchased from you last year, but on my 87GT 3800SC I would like to try something different (if possible)

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a set I recently did using material supplied by Mr. Mike to match his seats.

BabyEating Dingo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyEating DingoSend a Private Message to BabyEating DingoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That must be one of those Cadillac Fieros I heard about back in the day.
masospaghetti

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2014 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM.
teaboo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for teabooSend a Private Message to teabooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where can I get order information? Do you have a website?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can just order them through this post.
I don`t have a website.
Thanks
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, just found out about this. I ordered one from TLG (Black Top Racing) and it looks about the same as this.

I would love to buy a glove compartment that you have in a black/grey to match my interior. I haven't seen any updates on that so I wasn't sure if you were still making/selling them. PM me for details, thanks a lot!

------------------
Every fiero has a story, It's our job to keep that story alive.

PFF
System Bot
masospaghetti

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TXGOOD, here is my console.

I'd like the arm pad to match the lighter color, and the cupholders to match the darker. It's an 86 GT. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by masospaghetti (edited 11-08-2014).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is your console the same color as the trim around the door panels?
It looks lighter although it may be just the flash from the camera.
masospaghetti

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah its the same color, the flash just washed it out.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That`s dark Gray then.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2014 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a console door that someone ordered through Blacktop Racing with a custom embroidered Northstar emblem.
This is just an example of what the digitizer can do with an image and then sew it onto the vinyl.

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2015 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is another example of what the embroiderer can do.
This is an exclusive for a customer.

CavScout

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2015 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

An idea for that - maybe you could have screw access under the cup holders, and have it screw into the holes that hold the stock cigarette lighter cover plate?

My question: can you make the cup holder "longer" ie, cover some of the plate where the power window switches would go, if you had power windows?
I have a big blank spot there, and if your product covered some of that, maybe you could add a slot to hold a cell phone or MP3 player? A cubby to hold loose change? Etc.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2015 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CavScout:

An idea for that - maybe you could have screw access under the cup holders, and have it screw into the holes that hold the stock cigarette lighter cover plate?

My question: can you make the cup holder "longer" ie, cover some of the plate where the power window switches would go, if you had power windows?
I have a big blank spot there, and if your product covered some of that, maybe you could add a slot to hold a cell phone or MP3 player? A cubby to hold loose change? Etc.

They use the screw holes that hold the plate on as of now through some brackets.
I have been making these a long time and have sold to a lot of people on here.
Sales have slowed down considerably and I can`t really justify redesigning the length of the cupholder when I have all of the templates that I use cut out.
CavScout

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2015 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sales have slowed down considerably and I can`t really justify redesigning the length of the cupholder when I have all of the templates that I use cut out.

Very understandable, thanks for the response.
I'll have to get one myself soon, but have other issues with my car that takes priority now.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock