Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Reproduction TAIL LIGHTS coming soon (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Reproduction TAIL LIGHTS coming soon by Slammed
Started on: 04-20-2015 03:18 PM
Replies: 575 (27084 views)
Last post by: E.Furgal on 04-24-2016 01:14 PM
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zzzhuh:

I lost hope on this.... I think we have all been lied to.

About a month now and no updates... I am still hopeful... I check every day to see if there is anything and so far nothing, obviously...

All I know is that I still need tail light lenses... Hopefully they show up one day!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

IP: Logged
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please let this thread just die ---- like it almost did ---- if they should magically appear, then we can all complain they cost to much, don't fit like OE, are slightly off color etc.....
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

if they should magically appear, then we can all complain they cost to much, don't fit like OE, are slightly off color etc.....

Ain't that the damned truth!!

Kevin
busa_powered

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is common on the miata forum, one vendor introduces a new product and forum members beat the guy to death, saying do it this way or that way, why not this way, wouldnt this be better etc etc etc. I have seen the fatigue they endure trying to make a new product.

One guy even started his own thread to counter with what the vendor was doing, and this guy wasnt building a competitor, he just wanted to gripe.

The product did eventally did come out.

Seen it all before.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by busa_powered:

This is common on the miata forum, one vendor introduces a new product and forum members beat the guy to death...

I've seen no new product introduced in this thread.
cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I've seen no new product introduced in this thread.

Shush. . . You don't want to scare away delicate vendors with your factual observations. And you'll piss off the Cult.

[This message has been edited by cyrus88 (edited 08-16-2015).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cyrus88:

You don't want to scare away delicate vendors...

Yeah, that just blows me away. Seriously. If any potential vendor could be scared off by anything posted in this nine page (and counting) relatively tame thread, then you've got to wonder how well they'd deal with paying customers the first time there was an actual issue.

However, I saw no potential vendor in this thread.
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

However, I saw no potential vendor in this thread.

Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2015 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Deleted. Trying to heal the hook wound in my lip.

[This message has been edited by Napoleon_Tanerite (edited 09-15-2015).]

steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2015 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Move along- nothing to see here - It's just a bad memory - DOA - let it pass ---
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2015 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2015 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Move along- nothing to see here - It's just a bad memory - DOA - let it pass ---

That is the main reason I am keeping mine NIB for a rainy day .... also have two headlight modules and motors, two 88 front rotors, and a pair of NIB Fastback quarter windows because ya never know .

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2015 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anyone still seriously watching for this?

cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2015 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Anyone still seriously watching for this?

Your questioning attitude only angers the Cult.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its now going on five months since the thread was started by an obvious troll, yet still people are still biting for the bait.
No GT tail light project was ever started, not a shed of evidence was presented to the contrary and the OP abruptly bowed out when he/she saw that the result that they expected came about. Now that sick individual can sit back , feel satisfied and fulfilled that the goal was met. The OP is so obviously a person in dire need of urgent psychiatric care.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dennis, you couldn't of said it better than that.

Someone has serious time on their hands.
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Watch this space for my soon to be announced 3D printed fully functional 100% carbon fiber 1988 FIERO GT that I should be selling for somewhere around $1872.59 or so. As soon as I can figure out how to work my instamatic camera I'll post pictures and provide my PAY PAL info to take deposits..........
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Watch this space for my soon to be announced 3D printed fully functional 100% carbon fiber 1988 FIERO GT that I should be selling for somewhere around $1872.59 or so. As soon as I can figure out how to work my instamatic camera I'll post pictures and provide my PAY PAL info to take deposits..........

No need to go forward with this project, I just found a stash of exactly 6,849 NOS Pontiac GT tail light lenses in my basement. They are GENUINE, NOT FIERO STORE and are titanium reinforced so delamination will never be a problem again; they are so strong that I can STAND ON THEM! I even put a set through the blender (Ice-pulse setting) and surprisingly there was NO DELAMINATION AT ALL!!!

I wont post any pictures of the stash I have though because any pictures taken in my basement may give away the location that I live in.

I see that GT Fieros sold for an average of about $15k new, so I'm gonna ask $30k a set of tail light lenses. I think that is a fair price.

/sarcasm

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You all can doubt all you want.... I am actually beta testing a set of the tail lights for Slammed right now. The mounting was a PITA, and are manufactured entirely different than the OEM ones. However, they are impressively close to looking like the originals after they are installed. I have to say, the lettering is really really good. You do have to use a red insert similar to the ones on the factory lights.

For some reason the ones that I received have shoe prints on them.......
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

You all can doubt all you want.... I am actually beta testing a set of the tail lights for Slammed right now. The mounting was a PITA, and are manufactured entirely different than the OEM ones. However, they are impressively close to looking like the originals after they are installed. I have to say, the lettering is really really good. You do have to use a red insert similar to the ones on the factory lights.

For some reason the ones that I received have shoe prints on them.......

hahaha you better post pics my friend or you are just as guilty as the PERP ....

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

hahaha you better post pics my friend or you are just as guilty as the PERP ....

No need for pictures, I totally believe John 100%... Slammed doesn't want anyone to know how these things are made.

Slammed failed to mention that once you buy and install the lenses on your car that you can never take a picture of your car again!!! Can't give away any secrets of the manufacturing process!

Haha...

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PFF
System Bot
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would be one heck of an NDA!
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Of course I do not actually have a set of them..... That is why I made the lame comment about the shoe prints on them LOL. It was my way of just randomly posting something, and everyone wanting to believe it (me included). I thought the last line about the show prints would make everyone go Ahhh he was not serious

I figured I better post this, as I received 3 PM's asking for me to send them a picture of the tail lights

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I figured I better post this, as I received 3 PM's asking for me to send them a picture of the tail lights

Seriously??? Wow, some people just refuse to believe they've been had.
CarverToo

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarverTooSend a Private Message to CarverTooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To the Trash Can - please!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CarverToo:

To the Trash Can - please!

I'm curious... why? Doesn't this thread serve as good warning here about con artists?
cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Seriously??? Wow, some people just refuse to believe they've been had.

That's how cults work. Lack of evidence, failed prophecies and promises, or counter evidence will never convince them otherwise. All the failures all blamed on the skeptics.

[This message has been edited by cyrus88 (edited 09-14-2015).]

steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm curious... why? Doesn't this thread serve as good warning here about con artists?

Are you insinuating that my totally accurate running full size 3D printed 100% carbon fiber 88 FIERO GT might not be true?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you insinuating that my totally accurate running full size 3D printed 100% carbon fiber 88 FIERO GT might not be true?

No way! I was only referring to the virtual reality tail lights being offered here.

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't posted in this thread. But when I seen it come up initially, one name came to mind. Jonathan McCreery. Probably just me though. That's what I think of when I think of Slammed....Fiero.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well guys, I probably single-handedly revived this project today. I spent $620 on 1.5 sets of GT tail lights, both in need of restoration. Knowing my luck Slammed will post any minute now offering her new lenses for $50/ea
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:

Knowing my luck Slammed will post any minute now offering her new lenses for $50/ea

I suspect your luck is about to change then... because I believe there's next to no chance we'll ever hear from Slammed again, let alone see any tail lights.
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:

Well guys, I probably single-handedly revived this project today. I spent $620 on 1.5 sets of GT tail lights, both in need of restoration. Knowing my luck Slammed will post any minute now offering her new lenses for $50/ea

Since we've moved on from beating a dead horse to beating its fully decomposed remains here, I'll ask a question: Is it just me, or does it seem like the PON side tail light is harder to find in excellent condition that the TIAC side? I've been able to collect two near-perfect TIACs, but have yet to procure even one PON in the same shape. Even one I bought off eBay that was "Perfect" turned out to have some hazy delam (the seller courteously refunded a significant chuck of the purchase price). My OEM set even the PON side is worse- it go a yard tool handle through it a few years back.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lorennerol:

Since we've moved on from beating a dead horse to beating its fully decomposed remains here, I'll ask a question: Is it just me, or does it seem like the PON side tail light is harder to find in excellent condition that the TIAC side? I've been able to collect two near-perfect TIACs, but have yet to procure even one PON in the same shape. Even one I bought off eBay that was "Perfect" turned out to have some hazy delam (the seller courteously refunded a significant chuck of the purchase price). My OEM set even the PON side is worse- it go a yard tool handle through it a few years back.

YEP the PON is the hardest and most expensive to find ....

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be willing to bet that even on garage kept cars the drivers side is more exposed to damage, as the passenger side is probably parked closer to a wall, or at least receives less traffic past it. I was in the same boat-- passenger side is intact, though badly delaminated, driver's side has a big chunk missing. Luckily I was able to secure a drivers side, so that combined with my (hopefully) salvageable passenger's side should give me two full sets.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-15-2015 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have several sets still. The shat you folks do not know.

I have done some detective work on this, and let me proudly say that I have no idea who this Slammed guy is.

@JohnWPB... So well played. Damn!

Gullable was removed from Webster's Dictionary on 04-20-2015 03:18 PM.

How does one keep an azzhole in suspense?

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
I have done some detective work on this, and let me proudly say that I have no idea who this Slammed guy is.

I got a first name in a PM about them early on:

Anything you'd like to contribute would be most appreciated! We are weighing several different options at the moment, such as a vinyl template.
What did you have in mind?
Thanks
- Micayla

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:
...one name came to mind. Jonathan McCreery.

Jonathan is re-registered here. Screen name is Lowerit.
Fragged the northstar in his 86, and was looking for ideas for something else to do.
Haven't seen him post in a while, though.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-01-2015).]

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2015 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Regardless of how this all turned out. Let me remind people posting poeple's personal info is against the posting rules and will get you banned.

And before I get attacked I am not defending slammed, just defending everyones right to privacy.
Chris_narf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2015 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The horse is beyond dead. I vote to move it into the trash can. Any positive outcome at this point is highly unlikely...

------------------
-Chris
'85 V6 SE 4sp (SOLD)
'88 GT - Series 3 SC3800 w/ 3.5" pulley, 1.8" rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.5" intake, 3.29 gearing. Installed and tuned by Sinister Performance
'99 Kawasaki Vulcan 500, owned since new
'09 G37x Sedan w/ Premium & Nav (wife's car)
'13 G37xS Sedan (new daily driver)
'14 Yamaha FJR - 0-60 in 2.8s w/ 34MPG!!!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock