Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Reproduction TAIL LIGHTS coming soon (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Reproduction TAIL LIGHTS coming soon by Slammed
Started on: 04-20-2015 03:18 PM
Replies: 575 (27085 views)
Last post by: E.Furgal on 04-24-2016 01:14 PM
My88RedGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My88RedGTSend a Private Message to My88RedGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

Slammed: If they turn out reasonably good but not as nice as OEM do not let anyone that bashes you discourage you. I would hate to see these be made and then quickly dropped because some people attack you on them for not being as good as OEM. If someone actually makes these and they are reasonably good quality be happy for that instead of bashing this guy because they are not as nice as OEM. This may never happen again.

Totally agree 100%
IP: Logged
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. I'd rather have something that's not exactly OEM than what many of us are hauling around on the rear end of our cars. It's like repainting the car. Not as good as the factory paint, but far better than the faded, peeling clearcoat we're sporting.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will chime in...but PREFER prefect replicas!

If you can do that...I will want a minimum of 5 sets please & TY.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 04-22-2015).]

lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry! I really wasn't intending to attack anyone.

I do think there are some legit questions being asked. Like the sail panels, it's one thing to sell a pretty good match for a lower price. And if these are going to be $500 and up, I think it's legit to have more info about how they are made and tested so that we can make an educated assessment of lifespan/durability/etc. It's better to know up front than be surprised later. My buddy's Murcielago has a cracked tail light lens. Apparently almost all of them do that. Excellent materials used, of course. They just missed how, when installed, there is a stress point that causes a fatigue crack in a corner with stress risers.
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lorennerol:

Sorry! I really wasn't intending to attack anyone.

I do think there are some legit questions being asked. Like the sail panels, it's one thing to sell a pretty good match for a lower price. And if these are going to be $500 and up, I think it's legit to have more info about how they are made and tested so that we can make an educated assessment of lifespan/durability/etc. It's better to know up front than be surprised later. .

IMO it is better to have something that is OKish than nothing at all. If you only want perfection or nothing at all you can voice your opinion. But voicing that opinion may make this person say I don't need this and not make them at all. Which do you prefer?

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Agreed 100 percent with Rodney.
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What this person needs to hear is a lot of encouragement. What he is trying to accomplish is very difficult. Let me emphasize the word difficult. If he encounters some difficulties along the way (and I'm sure he will) hearing word of encouragement from the Fiero group will help in getting him thru these difficulties with a positive attitude. Let us all give him words of encouragement.

Do not expect these to be uber perfect. Only hope they are fairly nice.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I won't expect, but hope springs eternal. I'd be happy with a passable set.
KaijuSenso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't replace my cracked lenses with a new set for any sort of reasonable price (heck that's if I can even find a set). With that being said having some sort of reproduction that is the OEM style is exactly what I want and the idea of these fit the bill.

They are not factory parts and I don't expect them to be.

Looking forward to this.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:
I will chime in...but PREFER prefect replicas!
If you can do that...I will want a minimum of 5 sets please & TY.

No-one can legally make "perfect" copies of OE because they don't have GM OE molds!

Even tho new parts are Identical for OE in every way... New molds would likely need new DOT codes for maker and year at minimum. This means if showing car in Factory classes then maybe points off for wrong DOT coding on the covers Or Selling as "numbers matching" and people read DOT label then buyer might care because manufacturer=X not Guide and year=15 not 84 or 86. Everyone else shouldn't care. (Rest of code should be same. Code decipher covered in my Cave, Lighbulbs at bottom.)

For others Why Bother? NHTSA and other Govmnts can and have made Aftermarket parts makers to recall products, etc.
NHTSA won't bother w/ DIY making their own lights (your city or state cops and inspections might) but Any "Business" Selling across State Lines or Internationally then Fed laws/rules can, very likely will, apply. Meaning If your making "illegal" lighting then you are gambling with US Gov and others when selling to anyone in another state or country.
An Old example APC tail lights recall and suit by NHTSA. $650,000 Civil Penalty + Lawyer Fees + Cost for 4 recalls + Cost to develop and make the products in the first place likely = Millions of Dollars Then dealing w/ bad PR is more money lost. Recall(s) covered Bogus DOT markings on APC products, missing functions like reflectors, etc. Google or NHTSA search for more info.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way to scare the crap out of someone LOL!

EITHER get the DOT approval, and honestly, not sure how many hoops or what cost is involved in that.

OR sell them under the guise of "For off road use only" that everyone else uses when selling aftermarket products such as lights, mirrors and such for a vehicle. DO NOT CERTIFY THEM in any way shape or form. Then the legal responsibility falls on the owner of the vehicle.

For example: I can make a purple heart shaped headlights that would fit your car, and that is 100% legal, and no one could legally come after me in any way for making them. What is NOT legal, is for you to install them, and drive the car around with them on it.

Another example: If you install a 1 watt light bulb in your brake light sockets, then get a ticket because it looks as if you have no brake lights. There is no legal way to go after the bulb manufacturer to place blame on them. You are the one that installed something that was not certified for that particular use on your car.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 04-22-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IMO it is better to have something that is OKish than nothing at all. If you only want perfection or nothing at all you can voice your opinion. But voicing that opinion may make this person say I don't need this and not make them at all. Which do you prefer?

I am with Rodney on this and may consider picking up a set for myself (GT 1/4 windows for sure if they are made and match the OEM look) just in case.

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Out of curiosity, I thought the DOT rating stamp is for the tail light assemblies and not just the lens?

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[This message has been edited by Shho13 (edited 04-22-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ogre, thanks for making sure everyone has their eyes open, but JohnWPB had a much better way of addressing this. Constructive criticism is great.

Aftermarket is not original. We all get that. Sure, it can bite you in the butt.

There is no rule that a person can't drive with OEM and show with the aftermarket, or vise versa.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-22-2015 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shho13:

Out of curiosity, I thought the DOT rating stamp is for the tail light assemblies and not just the lens?

I think it is, which may make it more difficult to get approval.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I posted this in the other thread. Still wouldn't mind seeing this option, in addition to the standard GT lenses...

Why not make similar - but not exact - tail lights, in 3 pieces. A separate center piece, and left and right lenses. The 3rd gen Firebird tail lights are, I believe, constructed this way. The center section could be painted silver, black, body color, or whatever. Or even molded opaque.

This would also provide another non-stock - but still "pontiac looking" - option for those who aren't interested in Ferrari or Corvette style lights.

Just my $.02.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-22-2015 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I posted this in the other thread. Still wouldn't mind seeing this option, in addition to the standard GT lenses...

Why not make similar - but not exact - tail lights, in 3 pieces. A separate center piece, and left and right lenses. The 3rd gen Firebird tail lights are, I believe, constructed this way. The center section could be painted silver, black, body color, or whatever. Or even molded opaque.

This would also provide another non-stock - but still "pontiac looking" - option for those who aren't interested in Ferrari or Corvette style lights.

Just my $.02.

The 3rd Gen Firebird coupe lights are 2 piece it looks like, and the T/A lights are 3 piece with the Firebird logo in the central piece. All 4th gen are 3 piece lights I think.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another vote to build them. Ignore the critics and naysayers Price them higher so they can't get them when they need them

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Just my $.02.

Could also nicely contain the light up lettering in one piece.
jc8367

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait. I'm was actually getting ready to go the 3D print route but maybe I'll hold off.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2015 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

The 3rd Gen Firebird coupe lights are 2 piece it looks like, and the T/A lights are 3 piece with the Firebird logo in the central piece. All 4th gen are 3 piece lights I think.

I used to own an 88 Firebird Formula. Pretty sure it had a center panel and two light assemblies. I only remember because the center panel got really dull and flat looking, while the tail lights themselves were fine.

Originally posted by 2.5:

Could also nicely contain the light up lettering in one piece.

That was my thought, as well.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 04-22-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry but this thread makes my BS detector sound the alarms. I don't think we'll see anything. I hope I'm proven wrong.

As far as quality is concerned, it better be perfect for prices >= $500. I don't care if the vendor's delicate feelings get hurt when my wallet is $500 lighter. I'm perfectly fine with not having anything aftermarket rather than getting ripped off by crap that may be on offer.

[This message has been edited by cyrus88 (edited 04-23-2015).]

Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 04:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The negative comments don't mean anything. The ones in charge that have put up the money don't know this or that about Fieros. It is about making money. Poor product = poor sales. No product = no sales.

Maybe it'll all go completely south and the skeptics will be right. Will anything good come of that beside an I told you so? Certainly not. There is something I have noticed over just the last month of being here, and it is that an unfortunate amount of people on this forum are sour. They enjoy questioning everyone and making statements that are neither productive or uplifting.

I am choosing to remove myself from this thread until we have a big update. The only information I am ALLOWED to give is already in the thread. Revealing details about manufacturing before a product is even on the market is extremely foolish. You can research before you buy when you finally have the option to do so.

Until next time

[This message has been edited by Slammed (edited 04-23-2015).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am excited about the project! I imagine throughout history there have been nay-sayers...

"You can't sail around the world..."
"You can't fly..."
"You can't go faster than the speed of sound..."
"You can't fly into outer space..."
"You can't, you can't, you can't..."

Thank god someone had the sense not to listen to the nay-sayers. Pursue and succeed!
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slammed:
There is something I have noticed over just the last month of being here, and it is that an unfortunate amount of people on this forum are sour. They enjoy questioning everyone and making statements that are neither productive or uplifting.

Unfortunately true, although in the case of many here I'm pretty sure they're not so much sour, as they are jaded from previous attempts from others to start a project like this.

The difference being, it sounds like you've already got the groundwork well and truly sorted and have the means to actually achieve the end result. I don't own a GT and likely never will, but I'm extremely excited to see where this goes!
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
People are talking about dot this and that and legality.
I have been driving for 35 years with all kinds of aftermarket and homemade tailights and have never been pulled over for them.
Cops have other things such as expired inspection or registration stickers to look for.
As was stated above, mark them for "offroad use only" and people will still buy them.
I know I have bought many things marked like that and it didn`t make a difference to me.
Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The factory lights weren't even perfect.. I had the Fiero store replacements on the GT I just sold and they were early in the production #'s apparently, they were very very nice looking.

I need at least 3 sets for my GT's.
BabyEating Dingo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyEating DingoSend a Private Message to BabyEating DingoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm down for buying a few sets of even mediocre reproduction tail lights.

For those of us who haven't been collecting Fiero parts since 1985, this is about the best shot at getting new tails at a reasonable cost.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slammed:
..There is something I have noticed over just the last month of being here, and it is that an unfortunate amount of people on this forum are sour. They enjoy questioning everyone and making statements that are neither productive or uplifting...

That is so sadly true. But please do not get discouraged by it. There are a lot of really good people who doesn't post here with real money that will buy these. The FS were not perfect and they flew off.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2015 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:
People are talking about dot this and that and legality.
I have been driving for 35 years with all kinds of aftermarket and homemade tailights and have never been pulled over for them.
Cops have other things such as expired inspection or registration stickers to look for.
As was stated above, mark them for "offroad use only" and people will still buy them.
I know I have bought many things marked like that and it didn`t make a difference to me.

Local cops may not pull you over (and they are unlikely to unless your light is out or something anyway, because the DOT marking on the lights is basically invisible from a distance), but in areas where safety inspections are required, light assemblies without DOT approval can be grounds for failing the inspection. Printing DOT stamps on something that has not been DOT approved can also result in Federal action against the business. It might not affect you personally, but it could affect the business producing the lights, and their availability.

You might not care, but these are meaningful and relevant questions to have answered, for those that do care, or are interested in seeing such a product actually be sustainable in the market (as we all know most products for Fieros are not).
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope this comes to be, and wish you the best of luck with this project. A year ago I paid around $400 for a very nice but not perfect set for my notchback, and I was glad to get them. Almost certainly anything you make would be an improvement over most of the used ones now available. Maybe having a source for new taillights would low the price for nice used ones to a more reasonable price. Remember the Holley side air scoops going for a hundred buck or more until The Fiero Store made one with Fiero instead of Holley? They sold for $25 and overnight the price dropped way down for the Holley scoops.
PFF
System Bot
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Local cops may not pull you over (and they are unlikely to unless your light is out or something anyway, because the DOT marking on the lights is basically invisible from a distance), but in areas where safety inspections are required, light assemblies without DOT approval .

The inner tail lights have the DOT markings. That should be sufficient. The outer lens is clear.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Russ88TTop

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's good to see the positive remarks from people such as Rodney, TXGOOD, etc and I agree with them 100%

It really just boils down to two options, if your buying tail lights or anything else

If you like the product and the price - BUY IT
If you don't like the product and/or the price - DON'T BUY IT

Just my two cents

Russ

------------------

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Local cops may not pull you over (and they are unlikely to unless your light is out or something anyway, because the DOT marking on the lights is basically invisible from a distance), but in areas where safety inspections are required, light assemblies without DOT approval can be grounds for failing the inspection. Printing DOT stamps on something that has not been DOT approved can also result in Federal action against the business. It might not affect you personally, but it could affect the business producing the lights, and their availability.

You might not care, but these are meaningful and relevant questions to have answered, for those that do care, or are interested in seeing such a product actually be sustainable in the market (as we all know most products for Fieros are not).

Well, I have been getting safety inspections for the same number of years and they don`t look at the tailights either.
I`m just saying, let the man manufacture what he wants and let people decide if they want to buy.
I realize that some are trying to be helpful with information that maybe he didn`t think of but some comments are almost degrading as if he hasn`t spent time on finding out the ins and outs for producing something for retail sale.
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PS: I am not the one that will be selling these. I'm just sticking up for something that is very well needed and here is the slim chance it may actually be made. I hate to see this stop before it even starts.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just make them clear. that should cut down the cost
We can paint them if we want, maybe even body color.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2015 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The inner tail lights have the DOT markings. That should be sufficient. The outer lens is clear.

I don't know what the notchie lights are like, but I just checked again on my GT, and the DOT stamp seems to be cast into the outer lens, on the inner side of it, in the clear area.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2015 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dobey

11572 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by TXGOOD:
Well, I have been getting safety inspections for the same number of years and they don`t look at the tailights either.
I`m just saying, let the man manufacture what he wants and let people decide if they want to buy.
I realize that some are trying to be helpful with information that maybe he didn`t think of but some comments are almost degrading as if he hasn`t spent time on finding out the ins and outs for producing something for retail sale.

Sure, but again, it's up to state regulations, and ultimately the inspector, to determine what amount of the law gets enforced at the point of inspection. I see cars riding around all the time, with new valid inspection stickers, that I know would not be able to pass a properly performed inspection. But this thread isn't about the corruption and negligence of the facilities for inspections.

Sure, he can manufacture what he wants, and people will decide if they want to buy it or not. But this is a forum for discussion, not a self-help group therapy meeting. If you post something on a forum, expect that there will be some discussion, and not just people praising you for doing something. Some people will probably be rude or off-putting, the same as they will be at any location where a bunch of people gather.

Myself, I was just verifying if the cast-in DOT stamp in the clear portion would be there or not, and that was quickly and satisfyingly answered.
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2015 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sure, but again, it's up to state regulations, and ultimately the inspector, to determine what amount of the law gets enforced at the point of inspection..

Then make the choice to not buy his. Are you trying to make him stop making these???

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2015 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Then make the choice to not buy his. Are you trying to make him stop making these???

No, why are you so uppity about me asking if he removed the DOT stamp from the mold or not? FFS. It's a simple question and he answered it quickly and without any drama.

Have the people on this forum really become so sensitive that one can't ask relevant and useful questions about something?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock