Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Reproduction TAIL LIGHTS coming soon (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Reproduction TAIL LIGHTS coming soon by Slammed
Started on: 04-20-2015 03:18 PM
Replies: 575 (27073 views)
Last post by: E.Furgal on 04-24-2016 01:14 PM
raptor_vrscx

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for raptor_vrscxSend a Private Message to raptor_vrscxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i believe in post one she./he said R T Machine?

With materials being supplied by Curbell Plastics and built by RT Machine

i take that to mean the materials came from Curbell, and R T machine was where this work was being performed.

we have to agree on one key element. most if not all ventures into production fiero related items come from our own personal need. then maybe it turns into a business venture.

you cant call it a scam if you have never been asked to front money time or resources.

why would anyone put R&D into it then back out? easy market isn't big enough to sustain it. anyone who spends that much time and resources to produce what NO ONE has been able to in 30 years right there tells you how much time and money it will take. for what 1,000 sale if that? done right its a one time sale. not much chance of a repeat sales, wont be many reasons to.. next the negativity, reflects first hand what to expect for any imperfection defect, sales, shipping issues that arise. assume it goes well batch one sells, batch 2 a machine goes down. it clear how this forum would handle it. you may find slammed isn't all he or she claims, you may also see a fiero on the road with some dam nice never to be produced one off set of lens.

i came to this thread when it posted not to be a customer, i don't need to. stated those reasons many times. i came to see if my idea, efforts may not be required, that someone found a solution perhaps a better quicker, cheaper approach. its very obvious, manufacturing a replacement lens isn't easy it cant be or it would have been done. far far easier to start from scratch and a totally different design to replicate the factory ones in that you have each drawing each part and Know it fits and works. its matching the gm lens that stop everyone. anyone ever attempt to get every design spec from one? ill tell you its days and days of work. by hand wont work. impossible. reversing it, modeling it, clay, wax, trials, tests, etc. ive more time in what i have accomplished than total hrs on my car build. only the out side mold down to polishing stages. still have the entire inside to do. many hours of test fitting each mold to the other then proving them out for over all resin thicknesses. i know the procedures to make a mold, the injection end but its my first attempt ever to make a mold. i have no lie 1000 times more time into where i am than i thought i would on the entire project!. never understood when they bought molds for the blow molders 30 stations for 1/2 liter bottles and told us hey be careful those molds cost us 15 million. what? 30 tiny molds? yea i see it now. until you attempt it yourself you have no idea what goes into it.
wont even tell you what my power bill is just to run the machines to get to this point, i tracked that too. i have far more invested for 1/2 a mold than most spend on a brand new car. i don't see it worth it, yet i kept plucking away. it was a challenge a hobby and personal thing far more than investment, each day the mill runs for this, i lose money.

the material for the lens is cheap, the injection mold time/costs are even cheap, its the cost of the molds, and not the material they are made of. its the time it takes to produce and maintain the molds. as someone so gladly posted a link to a thread i began a year ago, who then posted i have only been here a year cant be much of a forum member because i only had x amount of posts....well it that time ive been busy. and unlike those who get flamed, by letting the cat out of the bag premature i remained quiet. the hint was out in a previous post, as well as a solution to the lens. im going to let someone else handle it from here

many of you claim to have or have access to cnc machines, why have not one of you made a mold for an injection machine for the lens? after all its how the factory ones were made,

from personal time expenses experience i can tell you its by far cheaper quicker to machine, mold produce a completely non factory approach. it was far easier for the company who designed drew the original molds as they began with one drawing leading to each part, then it is to go backwards to make it work and fit now.

tooling to machine, $600 material for the molds, $1,200 and billable hours @ $265 per hr each hr the mill runs, is a lot of investment into a mold and you need to make its mate.

they don't cast a mold they machine it

if the gm molds were offered for sale at $350,000 then any one with a machine to make them can sell them for a very nice price

Trinten
i got your PM and replied. we can discuss the molds and the ideas you have.

you folks may be having to deal with and go through trinten for the lens you all claim you will accept. seems one guy actually read

[This message has been edited by raptor_vrscx (edited 07-21-2015).]

IP: Logged
MadProfessor8138

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been watching this discussion since it started,with hopes that a product would be on the market soon.....I myself need 3 sets.

Here are a few points that I would like to point out......
1. RT Machine,according to the Internet,deals with wood working equipment,not plastic molding...I worked in an injection molding factory at one point in my life....and I have built several aircraft out of wood in my lifetime...big difference in manufacturing processes.
2.Assuming that (Slammed) is a female solely by a comment made pertaining to a boyfriend is pretty presumptuous now days.....anybody been watching the world lately ?! Nuff said....
3.Why would (Slammed) be getting paid by an employer to produce the product and then the employer leave it up to (him or her) to do the marketing?
4.If (Slammed) is already acting like a fat ***** with a skinned knee at this point,solely due to a few comments,what kind of customer support can one expect in the future from this individual or company ?!.....you can't get any help just because you hurt (his or her) feelings?!
5.I have ran a fabrication shop for almost 10 years now and I understand that deadlines are missed due to troubles with suppliers and change orders,it happens.......but I also realize that communication will solve damn near any problem along the road to completing a project....there is no reason that (Slammed ) can't been courteous enough to keep everyone updated on the progress being made...after all,(he or she) brought the subject up to begin with.

Unfortunately,I think everyone has been ( Slammed ) ......... Sad that people like this exist.
And for the record....I would love to be proven wrong.
Domtech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DomtechSend a Private Message to DomtechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadProfessor8138:
Here are a few points that I would like to point out......
1. RT Machine,according to the Internet,deals with wood working equipment,not plastic molding...I worked in an injection molding factory at one point in my life....and I have built several aircraft out of wood in my lifetime...big difference in manufacturing processes.

Wrong RT machine, I believe that she is referring to RT machining in Seattle.

Since it appears that we scared her away, I really hope that she comes to Fiero fest NW, or to one of the Jet City Fiero club meetings so that some of us can see these in person.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-21-2015 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If this is real, then Slammed will not leave out a source of revenue by exiting this community.

If this is fake, then one person is involved. Many here can fester a guess. If it is, then congratulations are in order. He single handedly ended Fiero fun for not only active members, but lurkers, enthusiasts, business owners, and generally good family folk. Bravo is in order. Skirting the internet laws to harass this many people is rather impressive.
I FAR I

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slammed:

I have not had any attitude, have treated everyone with kindness and tried to give updates. Now, there are people accusing me of being someone or many other crooks, because a date is missed on something. We aren't done. I don't have pictures of a final product to post. Nothing else to it.

I thought we could just have a conversation. I came here to just say, hey, we are doing it. There wasn't ever any plan on even posting updates. I apologize we are late.

This really is my last post until they are ready. I apologize if I ruffled any feathers, I did not mean to.

Sounds reasonable.....Y'all need to chill.....This race is not for the swift, but those who can endure it.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Just leave her alone and let her work on the lenses. Guaranteed, probably less than 25% of those on here who say they'd definitely buy them will never even make the effort. I'd even like to have a set of clear ones to modify with an idea I've had for a while.

Hell, when I offered the jacking instruction decals, I had loads of people who said they'd buy. After the investment to have the artwork done and have them printed, it took over 4 years to sell 50 pieces of a $10 item.

Rodney doesn't post pictures, The Fiero Store doesn't post pictures, Fiero Warehouse doesn't post pictures, Sage nor Norm posted pictures of bucks or fiberglass layups when they were developing products. Why the demand for pictures of the lenses?

This is so true. And no one has put a f$%^& dime. If I was this guy I would run out of here and go some other place. Can't believe so much BS. No wonder why people are not coming to this forum. If you get this hostility when trying to do something good what else can you expect? So so sad.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a GREAT idea...how about everyone just shut the hell up and stop posting in this thread. Then maybe we will all get a nice surprise when we see it bumped to the front page with the name "Slammed" in the "Last Post" column whether it be 3 days or 3 months from now. Or it will be archived with no results. Time will tell.
cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2015 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

This is so true. And no one has put a f$%^& dime. If I was this guy I would run out of here and go some other place. Can't believe so much BS. No wonder why people are not coming to this forum. If you get this hostility when trying to do something good what else can you expect? So so sad.

You're conflating skepticism with hostility. The only hostility in this thread has come from the faithful. Any anger you have, you should direct it to the OP who has not delivered on her offer.

[This message has been edited by cyrus88 (edited 07-22-2015).]

steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2015 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I have a GREAT idea...how about everyone just shut the hell up and stop posting in this thread. Then maybe we will all get a nice surprise when we see it bumped to the front page with the name "Slammed" in the "Last Post" column whether it be 3 days or 3 months from now. Or it will be archived with no results. Time will tell.

THIS!
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2015 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been very interested in this because in my opinion it would never happen because the OEM molds have been lost. I have plans on making a very nice looking aftermarket tail light kit for the GT's but the development/set up work will be long and very time consuming. Jigs to make etc. I have done some work on it and have most of the stuff on hand etc. I don't look forward to doing that but if no replacement GT lenses are ever available someone should make a desirable aftermarket kit. So I would be happy if this Slammed lenses thing actually happened. I'm getting old and my ambition level is not what it used to be.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Ponnari

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pluses to IMSA GT and Rodney!
I have followed this thread since the beginning, posted a few times, and have been supportive to Slammed.
Hopefully, the product will come to life.
I am done, and unsubscribing to this thread, I have better things to do than to watch this ping-pong ball bounce
back and forth.
I am also thoroughly disappointed with the negativity that some members have shown here. I have used PFF for years as an information source and a while back joined to be part of this community and help out if I could. I now question whether
I want to be a member of this forum any longer.
To Slammed, good luck with the project
Rodney, thanks for great products and the support over the years.
To all the positive and helpful members that have helped me with
information or sold me parts, many thanks!
I will decide later if I will remain a member, but as fare as this thread,
I'm done posting and watching.

------------------
"Because in a split second, It's gone"
Ayrton Senna

[This message has been edited by Ponnari (edited 07-23-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 04:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Skepticism and realism is not the same as negativity,. Is everyone supposed to be a cheerleader? I am a short, middle aged guy with a bad jumpshot and flat feet. If I posted on a forum that I really want to join the NBA and will play 4 hours a day to get better, would it not be beneficial if someone points out that while it is great to hope and dream, reality sometimes gets in the way. The whole "you can do anything you set your mind to" concept is a pile of feel-good BS. We are all limited by ability, talent, health, money, etc. Nobody in this thread insulted the OP- they merely pointed out to all the cheerleaders who were getting prematurely excited that this is a complex project that is unlikely to be successful. Reality in life is better than false optimism and frequent disappointment

cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 05:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Is everyone supposed to be a cheerleader?

Exactly! This is a public forum, not a cult of parts vendor (or potential vendor) worship where only the cheerleaders are allowed to post and everyone else is supposed to just shut up.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No negative comments needed but again this individual has not put anything forward that would make one believe that the project is legitimate or believable. All we have to go on is a screen name and a promise. Big Deal.
Slammed, I'm calling you out. Its time to put up or shut up and I see that because you have nothing to offer, you have done the later. No more needs to be said or will be said by me on this thread. We know what the score is!

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

No negative comments needed but again this individual has not put anything forward that would make one believe that the project is legitimate or believable. All we have to go on is a screen name and a promise. Big Deal.
Slammed, I'm calling you out. Its time to put up or shut up and I see that because you have nothing to offer, you have done the later. No more needs to be said or will be said by me on this thread. We know what the score is!

I'm happy to believe in this project. I don't need to whine and complain and throw negative comments out. I am also happy to sit and wait for the product to be available. If it never does, I still haven't lost anything. My life carries on day by day just fine whether these get made or not. I haven't spent any money. I'm not out anything. I am content to just sit and wait. Too many people here thrive on drama.
reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2015 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Assume we give the mystery vender the benefit of the doubt. A potential vender supposedly already developing a product comes here and starts a thread for two potential reasons:
1) To get feedback from potential customers that could influence the final product
and/or 2) Marketing/hyping the product

Since the product is supposedly already in development, there's no need to gauge interest on whether to make a product. And since the secretive vender is not posting pictures or wanting feedback (1), we're left with 2) Marketing/hyping

Thus this secretive vender comes here with no credentials hyping a very difficult to make product and posts no pictures or provides any evidence the product is legit. Skepticism is logical. Marketing/hyping is thus unsuccessful and mystery vender runs off.

The idea of starting the thread without a final product tells us the motivation of the mystery vender is not to announce a new product is ready and sell the product but to hype it up.

Personally I think it was just a troll, but hope I am wrong.

I am not a machinist but I am suprised at the comments that it is so hard/expensive to make a mold. With the advances in technology and CAD which was non-existent in 1984-85, seems like it would be much easier today than it was 30 years ago. Not to mention the availability of already produced original product which can be used to cast an exact duplicate. The original designers needed to make a mold from scratch, they couldn't just wrap clay around a final product (lens or quarter window) for a perfect mold of the original. Or have a laser scan in the 3D image of the final product and cut the molds out of metal. I don't understand the difficulty but to a laperson, it seems like a pretty straightforward and simple process for someone in the industry.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need tail light lenses. Several in fact.

This thread sucks.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

I need tail light lenses. Several in fact.

This thread sucks.

You can say that again... ^^^^^^

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[This message has been edited by Shho13 (edited 07-26-2015).]

Adjustso3

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about this new technology called 3d printing ? I know nothing about it but remember an episode of Counting Cars where they were restoring the old mans Chrysler from Pawn Stars and that car needed new tail lights. Danny was presented with a cheaper repop that was made on one of these 3d printers. Danny made the final call to pay big money for OEM lenses. Does anybody know about this process or heard about it before ? I just wonder if this could make clear lenses. Like I said, I have no idea how this works but have heard of it before and then it was mentioned on Counting Cars.
Internet-man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Internet-manSend a Private Message to Internet-manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really hope this comes through. I might be interested, depending on some decisions I make in the future.

Originally posted by Adjustso3:

What about this new technology called 3d printing ? I know nothing about it but remember an episode of Counting Cars where they were restoring the old mans Chrysler from Pawn Stars and that car needed new tail lights. Danny was presented with a cheaper repop that was made on one of these 3d printers. Danny made the final call to pay big money for OEM lenses. Does anybody know about this process or heard about it before ? I just wonder if this could make clear lenses. Like I said, I have no idea how this works but have heard of it before and then it was mentioned on Counting Cars.

I'm not an expert but I don't think 3d printers can make something as big as a Fiero tail light. I've never seen any thing that size.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Internet-man:
I'm not an expert but I don't think 3d printers can make something as big as a Fiero tail light. I've never seen any thing that size.

Size yes. We just made a 48-inch part to compare to CNC. 3D printing has been discussed in other threads, as was that TV episode.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 07-26-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Neils88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Internet-man:

The size isn't a problem, other than it is very expensive for a machine that could make one of that size (plus the cost of the materials is ridiculously high too). 3D printers are great for what they are designed for, which is to make a prototype that can be held in the hand, used to confirm fit of a part, and to show parts to a potential client prior to manufacturing an expensive product. It's great for prototyping (hence the term rapid prototyper), lousy for production. Forget making lens with anything that is affordable. Definitely no value in trying to produce Fiero lights with one.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I say leave Slammed alone. If he/she brings new tail lights to market, great. If not, what has anybody lost? Nobody has any money invested in this. Worst case scenario, Slammed quietly leaves without producing anything. Best case scenario, we get new tail lights.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

I say leave Slammed alone. If he/she brings new tail lights to market, great. If not, what has anybody lost? Nobody has any money invested in this. Worst case scenario, Slammed quietly leaves without producing anything. Best case scenario, we get new tail lights.

[This message has been edited by Neils88 (edited 07-26-2015).]

cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nobody on this forum pressured Slammed to come on here and hype a product. If it wasn't for Slammed we wouldn't be even on the subject.

If Slammed preferred to be left alone until she made something all she had to do was to skip the hype until she had a product in hand.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cyrus88:

Nobody on this forum pressured Slammed to come on here and hype a product. If it wasn't for Slammed we wouldn't be even on the subject.

If Slammed preferred to be left alone until she made something all she had to do was to skip the hype until she had a product in hand.

Now that is something with which with.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-26-2015).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cyrus88:

I read the thread. I didn't get the impression that not "being left alone" is the root of this turmoil.

It seems more in the lines of a need for drama. The only thing that seems to have been achieved is now their are no updates at all.

If it all is a big scam then they succeeded is causing some ruffles.

Lucky for me I have great sail panel repros from my test runs. But I really need some lenses so I will hope for the best.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 04:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

The only thing that seems to have been achieved is now their are no updates at all.

Were there updates previously? I'm referring to real updates... about a real product.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All she had to do is post 1 pic of a lens unfinished like the one she said she stood on and was so strong but to say your going to post pics and set a date then never do it opens the door to all those who are skeptics
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

All she had to do is post 1 pic of a lens unfinished like the one she said she stood on and was so strong but to say your going to post pics and set a date then never do it opens the door to all those who are skeptics

True.
lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
August bump for this august topic

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw the bump and thought they were ready.
Surely any day now...

Kevin
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2015 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2015 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw an open book in my recent threads and got all excited hoping to see lenses, instead it's more horse flogging!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2015 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Agreed.
jdeday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdedaySend a Private Message to jdedayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

To Date:
Ken Hines has made sail panels, not offered with the dot matrix printing
Chris Cook has made them, but can have fitment issues

Both options are virtually flat. Slight curves, but no where near the original front to back, and top to bottom complex curves. It is much appreciated that they have provided them to the Fiero Community, but no one has yet to nail down the process to make them as good as the originals.

Also Read up a little on Ms Lori and PokeyFiero's Panels (He is still at least trying to pursue making them)

Have you see the ones being sold on eBay? They have the correct curves top to bottom and front to back the only issue with them is there is no tint when you look through the clear part . I believe they have the dot matrix pattern.
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I lost hope on this.... I think we have all been lied to.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jdeday:

Have you see the ones being sold on eBay? They have the correct curves top to bottom and front to back the only issue with them is there is no tint when you look through the clear part . I believe they have the dot matrix pattern.

Those are all Chris Cook's (gtfiero) windows and they do not have the factory curves, and are almost flat. Sure there is a SLIGHT curve, but nothing like the factory ones. Also, they sometimes do have fitment issues.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock