Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Mark II 90mm Low-profile buckets (Page 7)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
Mark II 90mm Low-profile buckets by Fiero1Fan
Started on: 11-12-2009 12:23 PM
Replies: 423
Last post by: Fiero1Fan on 07-05-2011 03:38 AM
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Well, they *had* plenty then

How about these? http://www.eautoworks.com/p...oWorkscom-184000.htm

They come in pairs for $10 a pair, making them $5 each. Come prefabbed w/ pigtail and I don't know what their quality is. I think they're the correct clip though.

IP: Logged
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Actually, those aren't bad. I may have to look into those as an alternative. I dislike the pigtail aspect. I will order a few of them and see if I can find the supplier for the parts themselves. Remember, minimal to no solder/splices mid-wire...

Thanks though! I haven't seen this particular socket.
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Right, extra solders mean just one more place for a possible failure later on. Could they be disassembled and remove the pig-tail wire so that you can splice your wire directly into them?

On the other hand, if other parts aren't available they may have to do...
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alibi:

Right, extra solders mean just one more place for a possible failure later on. Could they be disassembled and remove the pig-tail wire so that you can splice your wire directly into them?

On the other hand, if other parts aren't available they may have to do...

Removing the wires from the terminals is a BIG PITA.... The terminals are tiny, and when crimped properly, will break when undoing them.

But yes, they may have to do for now. I hate splicing, but heat shrink and solder are better than no H9s at all.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
YAY! I found the seals, but the pins and sockets are still on backorder. I am digging some more. I ordered a set of the ones you suggested Alibi, I can at least find part numbers.

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Alibi, thanks for all the help!!
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Yay! I'm just glad to see the project keep rolling

I would think the plugs and terminals would be a universal size type of thing?

On the terminals, I seem to recall that a special tool exists for removing them from the case without mangling them. Getting the old wiring uncrimped wouldn't really work though, eh? Solder and heat shrink is still a decent way of sealing the pigtail leads to the rest of the harness if it comes down to being a last resort.

Oh! They may be cost prohibitive, but have you ever seen a crimp, solder, and heat shrink connector all-in-one? They're pretty clever and I thought about buying some when I was splicing wires in my mouse-nibbled engine harness but ended up with just a heat shrink and crimp combo as the ones with solder built-in are a bit pricey.

Edit: Heres what I'm talking about: http://www.nationalstandard.../crimpandsolder.html

Super neat product, but they're expensive so their main purpose is to speed up splicing wires together.... which is what you'd be doing a lot more of if you go the pigtail'd connector route.

[This message has been edited by Alibi (edited 02-05-2010).]

woodrow50

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodrow50Send a Private Message to woodrow50Direct Link to This Post
Hey guys, any bucket sets left? I know I'm trying to get in on the tail end but hadn't visited the forum in awhile. I'd love to try a pair on one of my GT's. If any remain, I will send payment as soon as I'm notified.
Thanks!
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by woodrow50:

Hey guys, any bucket sets left?

There should be some left. Synthesis is checking to know exactly how many and then we'll let you know.
wdg88gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wdg88gtSend a Private Message to wdg88gtDirect Link to This Post
Not sure if my messages are getting through...sent two PM's to Synthesis and have had no reply...am I doing something wrong?
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wdg88gt:

Not sure if my messages are getting through...sent two PM's to Synthesis and have had no reply...am I doing something wrong?

PM received and returned.
PFF
System Bot
zigaroo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wdg88gt:

I'm in the same boat as well.

Question was, what's the status on my buckets and harness?

I haven't had an honest response as to what the status of my harness is. It has only been that they're a pain to make which really isn't an answer, just an excuse. Just tell me the truth, is it done, or is it waiting for parts?

With that said, this is the sixth month since I've paid to have a harness made. I understand there were some events that came up that put the harnesses on hold, but I'd expect over a sixth month span there'd be ample time to get it finished and shipped.

I'll be honest, I'm biting my tongue at this point, but at the same time I understand your situation and I applaud your charity towards events such as Tyler's Toy. I'd just like some honest answers about the status of my buckets and harness. I've felt I've been held in the dark for no apparent reason.
FieroJonney

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Did you receive your buckets? I know they went out.

Your harness is sitting in the pile, completed. You and Alibi will get yours very soon at this stage. I wanted to ship all harnesses, but the H9s I need to finish the remainder are on backorder until May with two suppliers. I am looking elsewhere now, and found another two I will be trying to get quotes from.

I suspect the H9 has become a "mainstream" connector now for a few OEMs, hence the sudden shortage.

I haven't received mine yet Do you have a tracking number? When did you ship it out?
You have a PM
Mirriador

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MirriadorSend a Private Message to MirriadorDirect Link to This Post
bump for update
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Ok. I'll PM you and post it here. You posted a list of "everyone" that should have been shipped to that did not recieve their buckets. I did not recieve my buckets and my city/state isn't on that list. I sure would like to know whether my buckets were mailed or not, but I'm assuming that since they did not show up they were never shipped. I would like them asap so I can get started on installing them. Address is going to be PM'ed to you in case you still dont have it. Thank you.

Jeff
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2010 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
fieromadman and FieroJonney, I will make it to the shop today and get any paperwork I need to figure your buckets out. When I tell the shop to ship boxes, I send an email with addresses. I receive a confirmation back when they get boxed and shipped.
I will be removing the remainder of the boxes/buckets from the shop, and bringing them home. I will then print/ship directly rather than rely on a third party.

While the machine shop did a great job with the buckets, their lack of "professionalism" when it comes to dealing with a small client and shipping on time has left a lot to be desired.

I accept all blame for their shortcomings, as I am the one who suggested they be the company to make them.

zigaroo, you are correct, I have been a bit vague with the harnesses.
The answer is: Your harness is in the complete pile along with several others, and my goal was to ship all in one shot. This has not happened as I have been left short for parts for the rest, and as such, will need to ship the completed harnesses. Those will go out this week. A friend is coming down tomorrow to help me with the remainder of some tasks related to the harnesses. I am still out of H9 connectors for the rest of the paid in harnesses. I am going to have to order more of the ones that Alibi suggested, but have not received the 4 I ordered to sampling purposes. I need to make sure they fit the quality ideals.

I have been "off grid" for the last 3-4 days due to traveling.

On a more positive note, the headlights are being shipped today/tomorrow. Photos in the group buy thread.

Look for updates here this evening/tomorrow morning from me on bucket shipments for the new orders, and anyone who may not have received theirs yet. I will get this taken care of.
zigaroo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2010 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooDirect Link to This Post
Thank you.
woodrow50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodrow50Send a Private Message to woodrow50Direct Link to This Post
Hi Synthesis, I had checked last week to see if you still some buckets left. If you've had a chance to see if any remain, and in fact they are available, please advise. I can send payment immediately for the set and a Tier 2 harness.
Thanks- I can see what an incredible amount of work this has become.
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
More H9 clips:

$7.50 each, are these the ones out of stock?: http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=4931

Ebay? http://motors.shop.ebay.com...s&_odkw=h9&_osacat=0
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
FieroJonney and fieromadman: Synthesis was at the shop today and picked up all the buckets. Yours will be shipped tomorrow.

Woodrow50: There are 9 sets left. Make the payment to synssins@yahoo.com per PayPal and he'll get yours on the way to you.

The update for the harness orders will be posted tomorrow in the harness thread.
woodrow50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodrow50Send a Private Message to woodrow50Direct Link to This Post
Payment sent for the buckets and a tier 3 harness (changed my mind from a tier 2) plus the extra for rear battery connection.
Thanks guys, for all the up front developmental work and seeing it all the way through to mail out. Can't wait to get them.
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Payment received woodrow.

FieroJonney and fieromadman. I PMed you both.

Alibi, thank you for the additional links. I get stuck in the mind set that things have to be done a specific way in order to be done right. The other style connectors look like they will work, which has opened me up to additional options.

I am still waiting for the samples I ordered, and I am digging into one more connector style that I stumbled on.

Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Sure, I just randomly poke around online to see if I run across any. Still looks like the best deal has been the two for $10 that you ordered some samples from already. In any case, I figure theres gotta be at least another couple of sources for acceptable-quality connectors that aren't backordered 'till May
Mirriador

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MirriadorSend a Private Message to MirriadorDirect Link to This Post
what about my buckett and harness??? Have they been build ? I hope to receive them before may.
wdg88gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wdg88gtSend a Private Message to wdg88gtDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent.
Mirriador

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MirriadorSend a Private Message to MirriadorDirect Link to This Post
Hey Syn, can I have a feedback for the buckett? Are you waiting that the harness are ready to ship both together?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mirriador:

Hey Syn, can I have a feedback for the buckett? Are you waiting that the harness are ready to ship both together?

Hey Mirr... I will be shipping harnesses separately at my own expense once I have more complete. I shipped the last of the Canadian packages. You should see yours anytime now.
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis you have a PM
FieroJonney

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyDirect Link to This Post
Got my buckets 2 days ago! They're amazing! Can't wait for spring... thanks Chris and Timo
Mirriador

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MirriadorSend a Private Message to MirriadorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Hey Mirr... I will be shipping harnesses separately at my own expense once I have more complete. I shipped the last of the Canadian packages. You should see yours anytime now.

Thx Syn
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
dedgar, your buckets went out today, USPS.

I am catching up on the remainder of buckets right now, thank you for your patience. I have several boxed and sealed, ready to go, just have to get labels and get to the post office/UPS.
PFF
System Bot
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Any luck on sourcing acceptable H9 connectors? I guess thats more of a question for the wire harness thread though...

Edit: oops, just noticed you did update in the harness thread :P

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...4/HTML/046495-4.html

[This message has been edited by Alibi (edited 02-19-2010).]

Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Synth, I just sent you a PM about a spot to pick up some cheap H9 connectors. Let me know if you got my message.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Oslo.
Mirriador

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MirriadorSend a Private Message to MirriadorDirect Link to This Post
Receive my buckett today, they are really nice.
Thx guys
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mirriador:

Receive my buckett today, they are really nice.
Thx guys

Xceler8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2010 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xceler8Send a Private Message to Xceler8Direct Link to This Post
Have my buckets been shipped yet? If they have can you give me a tracking number? If not can you give me an estimate of when they will be shipped, I pm'ed but got no respone so I thought I might try asking here.

Thanks
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Hey, yours are boxed, and will go out Monday morning.
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post
Hey Synthesis, I was just wondering if you got my PM and or email that I sent a couple days back. I just need to know if you have any buckets still available, and confirm the total cost with shipping for a set of buckets and a tier 1 harness. The last I saw the buckets were $195+$15 shipping, and the tier 1 harness was $55 + shipping, so if my math is right it will be $265 + the shipping cost for the harness. I can paypal you the money as soon as I get confirmation on the price and that you've got buckets left.Thought I would see if I could get a hold of you on here. Looking forward to doing business with you.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by zmcdonal (edited 02-22-2010).]

zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post
Bump / sent another PM to Synthesis yesterday, did you get it?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock