Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Mark II 90mm Low-profile buckets (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
Mark II 90mm Low-profile buckets by Fiero1Fan
Started on: 11-12-2009 12:23 PM
Replies: 423
Last post by: Fiero1Fan on 07-05-2011 03:38 AM
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2009 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

The lamp housing itself is a certain length. The bulb, when installed adds more depth to it, as it sticks out half an inch, or a little more on the H9 US versions of the Hella lamps.
The H7 Euro versions also add depth because of the electrical connector.

The HID version of the lamp assemblies are longer to begin with, then when the bulb is installed, there is an additional 3/4" of an inch of bulb sticking straight out the back, with another 1-2 inches of ignitor plug. Which this means is that you are adding almost three inches of depth to the back of the light when using the Hella HID kits.

That is interesting. So the ECE version is phsyically different than the U.S. version. Is it just the bulb, or the whole assembly? I'm interested in case I ever convert my Fiero for European use.
Also the European beam is more focused than the U.S. beam, because the U.S. beam has some stray lighting to the side to light up street lamps (and annoy other drivers )

What will I have to change at that point?

The Hella HID modules won't fit without work.
I know of one person who did get them to fit, and only by mounting the low beam light as far forward in the bucket as he could, and modifying both the plug, and the bottom of the headlight door.. Not acceptable, as that plug has 30,000 volts pumped through it for ignition.

Do you have any pictures, or more info on it? I would like to see how much work is involved and how much time it would take.
(I'm not sure about modifying the plug either, but I have friends who a high voltage electricians, who I could bounce some ideas off of)
IP: Logged
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2009 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent. Please see my PM. Thanks.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2009 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Do you have any pictures, or more info on it? I would like to see how much work is involved and how much time it would take.
(I'm not sure about modifying the plug either, but I have friends who a high voltage electricians, who I could bounce some ideas off of)

Let's move the HID discussion to another thread in GFC. I'll start it... It does not pertain directly to the buckets.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2009 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
Well this feels really good to say; payment sent! Yee ha! Now if I only had a running car to put them into… oh well, someday.....
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2009 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:
Now if I only had a running car to put them into… oh well, someday.....

You'll get there!!
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2009 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Did you have a chance to look at my PM? Tks
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2009 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
The buckets should be there before you go.
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

The buckets should be there before you go.

Thank you
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Alex, yours and a few other sets will be going out today-tomorrow.. Wednesday at the latest.
Canadian clients will be shipped via USPS. All others in US will be shipped UPS.

UPS ground is usually 5 business days from east to west coast.

I have asked the shop for tracking numbers on all shipments. Many of you should be receiving your buckets today/tomorrow.

If you have a harness on order with me, your buckets/ harness should ship soon.
labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2009 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Direct Link to This Post
aaawww man, i've been completely out of loop w/ this thread....i received the pm on them but them completely forgot about it...are there still buckets left for sale? also synthesis, how about your harnesses? is there any way i can put in my order for a 3 tier?
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2009 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by labbe001:
are there still buckets left for sale?

Yes there are still buckets left. Just make the payment to Synthesis and they'll be shipped to you. Please include your PFF name in the bucket payment.

------------------
Fiero1Fan

Fieros Europe

PFF
System Bot
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post
HEHEHEHEHHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHHEHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Christmas arrived today!! I got my buckets and they look fantastic!! Thanks to both Fiero1Fan and Synthesis for all your work and effort! I can hardly wait until Jan 30th

[This message has been edited by timcha (edited 12-11-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timcha:

HEHEHEHEHHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHHEHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Christmas arrived today!! I got my buckets and they look fantastic!! Thanks to both Fiero1Fan and Synthesis for all your work and effort! I can hardly wait until Jan 30th

Photos!!! :P
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post

Photos!!! :P

Well..........Ok............but I'm not very pretty!
I'll get some pics up hopefully Friday

Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
You aren't too far from me so maybe I'll get mine in tomorrow? I've been thinking about not painting them since they're already coated for corrosion resistance... that and its too cold outside for any paint to cure
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post
Once you see them you will definitelly want to paint or powder coat them. They have a very shiny galvanized finish, which although highly rust resistant, would stand out like a sore thumb. Now, if you're going for the Delorean look they would be great!
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 04:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Well, I guess I'll just have to see for myself when I get them. I don't mind the DeLorean look either

I may install the buckets as-is and pull them later to paint after the weather has warmed up. Or I can just wait a couple weeks and steal my dad's garage and install them then.
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Alex, yours and a few other sets will be going out today-tomorrow.. Wednesday at the latest.
Canadian clients will be shipped via USPS. All others in US will be shipped UPS.

UPS ground is usually 5 business days from east to west coast.

I have asked the shop for tracking numbers on all shipments. Many of you should be receiving your buckets today/tomorrow.

If you have a harness on order with me, your buckets/ harness should ship soon.

Thanks!!
Jay-ID

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jay-IDSend a Private Message to Jay-IDDirect Link to This Post
Mine showed up yesterday. They look great. Thanks for packing them so nicely and for providing this product.
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post
Here they are.........

and here are a couple of my baby, please be kind as she is very dirty right now .

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pics timcha....
PFF
System Bot
PS87GT

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PS87GTSend a Private Message to PS87GTDirect Link to This Post
Timo,

I'll take a set of these.
Sending payment now!!!

Thanks,
Rick
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PS87GT:

Timo,

I'll take a set of these.
Sending payment now!!!

Thanks,
Rick

Payment received. Buckets will go out this week.

DaveP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DavePSend a Private Message to DavePDirect Link to This Post
I would like a set also.
Payment sent.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DaveP:

I would like a set also.
Payment sent.

Payment received. Thanks!
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2009 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 12-14-2009).]

02greens10

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2009 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 02greens10Send a Private Message to 02greens10Direct Link to This Post
I will be ordering that set thursday or friday when I get paid for sure, if there is still a set of buckets left.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2009 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 02greens10:

I will be ordering that set thursday or friday when I get paid for sure, if there is still a set of buckets left.

Yup, we have several sets left. First come first served.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2009 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
SWEET, got mine yesterday, thanks Fiero1 and Synthesis. I’d like to say that at first I thought the price was a little on the high side BUT after holding a set in my hands I can honestly say that the quality and precision of the manufacturing, the gauge of steel that was used, the welds, the coating and even the packaging were all top notch!!! I’m glad I grabbed a set before they were all gone. Worth every penny! Thanks again.
Now I just need the bulbs, the harness….and something worthy to put them into.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2009 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

SWEET, got mine yesterday, thanks Fiero1 and Synthesis. I’d like to say that at first I thought the price was a little on the high side BUT after holding a set in my hands I can honestly say that the quality and precision of the manufacturing, the gauge of steel that was used, the welds, the coating and even the packaging were all top notch!!! I’m glad I grabbed a set before they were all gone. Worth every penny! Thanks again.
Now I just need the bulbs, the harness….and something worthy to put them into.

Thanks! Yeah, it was difficult to set the price where it is, but costs have to be covered, and once the buckets got out to the public, they'd see the amount of time and effort that went into them.

Keep in mind, the Mark 1 buckets were 65+ dollars more expensive because of the import duties and shipping costs from Germany.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2009 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Glad to be of service. All our products are made to as high a quality standard as possible. Our customers and the Fiero deserves no less...

------------------
Fiero1Fan

Fieros Europe

PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2009 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Just arrived. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Alex4mula (edited 12-15-2009).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2009 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Just arrived. Thanks!

You're welcome... I think...
fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
So these are still available to order now right?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromadman:

Correct.
These are still available.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromadman:

Yes, just send the payment to Synthesis.

------------------
Fiero1Fan

Fieros Europe

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Got mine close to a week ago (I think), haha. Sexy, sexy. Now I just need to get some functional headlight motors and reassemble the entire car by spring. Anybody wanna help?
fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Will send payment next week. Thanks guys. Now we need 3 more people on the group buy list for lenses/bulbs...
jkbetker21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jkbetker21Send a Private Message to jkbetker21Direct Link to This Post
What is the final cost w/ shipping? I have gen I in my car now but really like these. Also, can you get just those little plastic mounts for the adjusters?
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jkbetker21:

What is the final cost w/ shipping? I have gen I in my car now but really like these. Also, can you get just those little plastic mounts for the adjusters?

Total cost in the US is $210 USD shipped to you. Outside the US shipping is higher.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock