Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Mark II 90mm Low-profile buckets (Page 6)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
Mark II 90mm Low-profile buckets by Fiero1Fan
Started on: 11-12-2009 12:23 PM
Replies: 423
Last post by: Fiero1Fan on 07-05-2011 03:38 AM
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
We have finally received the tracking numbers. We are sorting them and will have them distributed by this evening.
IP: Logged
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
I sent e-mail / PM.
labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Direct Link to This Post
you have a PM, Sythesis
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys... Sorry, with the car crap going on around me, I have not had a lot of time. Working the bugs out on the motor.

Tracking info listed by state and number. I did not put any personal info in this, as I did not write down user names to go with shipping names/addresses.

Jeromesville, OH 1Z38VE350399697349

Longwood, FL 1Z38VE350396775671

Nampa, ID 1Z38VE350397495089

Alabaster, AL 1Z38VE350398764296

Pittsburg, KS 1Z38VE350397619132

Aurora, IL 1Z38VE350398510729

Moores Hill, IN 1Z38VE350398848115

Hanover, IN 1Z38VE350399227301

All Canadian packages are shipped via USPS. I was told by USPS that they do not track across borders, but have seen them do so. I will attempt to wrangle tracking from them.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Except for the Canadians I believe this covers everyone. If there is anyone else that hasn't received their buckets (except for those waiting on a harness too) please let us know.

------------------
Fiero1Fan

Fieros Europe

Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Unless someone else in Pitt with a Fiero ordered some, these are mine!!

Thanks for the hard work guys!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alibi:

Unless someone else in Pitt with a Fiero ordered some, these are mine!!

Thanks for the hard work guys!

Sorry it took so long to get straight answers... With the issues in my life right now and the shop pushing things back... Yeah. It gets tough. I will try to stay more on top of things.

Harnesses did not ship. I am working to get a whole stack of them up and out. I have several complete and ready to ship, and many of you have been waiting VERY patiently.. I will get the entire batch shipped when I finish these next to.
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
I can at least mount my lights into the buckets and stare at them and chant "my preeeeeeciouuuussss" while petting them

The lights have been sitting in a box on a shelf for around.... 6 months I think? It won't hurt them any to sit around a couple more weeks

No worries on the delays... holidays, jobs, family, PK-induced engine failure (j/k), slow shop, etc.... all reasonable excuses to be slow!

[This message has been edited by Alibi (edited 01-20-2010).]

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Payment received.

I can deliver both the buckets and the lights to you at the February meeting.

02greens10

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 02greens10Send a Private Message to 02greens10Direct Link to This Post
Ok guys thanks. I wasn't trying to be a problem, just wanted the goods I paid for like anyone would.

Looks like it helped to straighten out things anyways.
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by labbe001:

you have a PM, Sythesis

?
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

?

I must have missed it. I am sorry. I will dig when I get to work. A bit rushed for time right now.

Chris
PS87GT

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PS87GTSend a Private Message to PS87GTDirect Link to This Post
Chris & Timo,

I got the buckets today!!
Thanks for getting the tracking info.
I have the first version in my 87, and these are a much better design.
Thanks for all the work you guys do for the fiero community!!!

Rick
Dirty Harry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryDirect Link to This Post
Trying to track my package to Longwood, FL but UPS says pickup was rescheduled for 01-25. Has it been shipped yet?
Nilknarf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NilknarfSend a Private Message to NilknarfDirect Link to This Post
Chris and Timo,

Got my buckets. They look nice!!!!!

Thanks again!
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Mine came in today also! Yay! They are shiny... must... pet... shiny things....

I'm going to install the lights, set them on my shelves, and wait for the harness to come in, maybe in a week or two? The weather has been acting weird lately... it was really cold for a few weeks but now its warmed up again to be in the 40s to the high 50's. Hopefully the weather will remain cooperative.

I think I'm going to leave the buckets in the plating because I can't really afford to get them powdercoated right now and I don't seed how the plating would be hurt if I just leave it as it is unless there is some law dictating that headlight surrounds MUST be blacked out.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Mine came in today also! Yay! They are shiny... must... pet... shiny things....

I'm going to install the lights, set them on my shelves, and wait for the harness to come in, maybe in a week or two? The weather has been acting weird lately... it was really cold for a few weeks but now its warmed up again to be in the 40s to the high 50's. Hopefully the weather will remain cooperative.

I think I'm going to leave the buckets in the plating because I can't really afford to get them powdercoated right now and I don't seed how the plating would be hurt if I just leave it as it is unless there is some law dictating that headlight surrounds MUST be blacked out.

Actually, to save time and trouble, you can just hit them with etching primer, and a good coat of semi-gloss black inside and out.

If you put them in raw, then when you decide to repaint them, you will probably break the plastic adjuster clips when trying to pull.

I am catching up on everyone else's harnesses and will ship all in one big batch. I ran out of H9 connectors and need to order more.

Harry, buckets went out in one lump. Yours should have gone, I will double check.

Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Hmm... I guess I can ask around some local shops to see what they would charge me to paint them. I don't really have a good place/weather to do anything that I want a good finish on. Oh! Theres a bodyshop down town that a Fiero parks behind so I know where to go already!

Rough guess, but how long will it take to get the H9 connectors in? Are we talking a few days or a few weeks?
Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryDirect Link to This Post
Came in tday. They look great!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Hmm... I guess I can ask around some local shops to see what they would charge me to paint them. I don't really have a good place/weather to do anything that I want a good finish on. Oh! Theres a bodyshop down town that a Fiero parks behind so I know where to go already!

Rough guess, but how long will it take to get the H9 connectors in? Are we talking a few days or a few weeks?

Received an email earlier today saying they are on backorder, but should be shipping by next week... I am looking for a second distributor with the same or better prices.
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Did we decide whether or not these powdercoat well? I've got a buddy who can get it done for me for basically nothing. Any special preparation tips if painting is the preferred media?
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Yes they can be Powder Coated. Several have done so. You just need to have the Powder Coaters pay attention to the bulb mounting holes and mask them off with tape so the PC does not fill them in. Other wise the mounting clips will not fit.
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post

Received an email earlier today saying they are on backorder, but should be shipping by next week... I am looking for a second distributor with the same or better prices.

Ah, very cool. Thanks for the update
Rixthetrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RixthetrickClick Here to visit Rixthetrick's HomePageSend a Private Message to RixthetrickDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis,
Fiero1Fan has told me you're insanely busy right now, I am the guy in Australia.
Look mate, as eager as I am to have my new toys here, I actually don't have the
Hella's yet (buying them from UK). I have new door glass, fibreglass bodywork
modifications, brakes and suspension, stereo and list goes on and on...

Leave me till last for the moment, I'll email you at least a month before I actually
look like I'd even need them ok? For the moment they'd just sit with all the other
stuff on the seats and floor in my car, and boot.

It's going to be a long extensive build.

And thanks for offering a great product at very reasonable prices *thumbs up*

Rick- QLD Australia

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
We have 10 sets left.
Xceler8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xceler8Send a Private Message to Xceler8Direct Link to This Post
I will take a set, PM sent.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xceler8:

I will take a set, PM sent.

Answered via email.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Received PM.
I need to get down to the shop again and verify quantities.

6 sets are due to go to Germany for Timo, but I need to make sure what we have left.
Xceler8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xceler8Send a Private Message to Xceler8Direct Link to This Post
Payment, and PM sent, please check and make sure all that is right.
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Direct Link to This Post
got my buckets in....whoop, whoop!!!
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

got my buckets in....whoop, whoop!!!

Almost as good as Christmas...
PFF
System Bot
FieroJonney

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyDirect Link to This Post

Received PM.
I need to get down to the shop again and verify quantities.

6 sets are due to go to Germany for Timo, but I need to make sure what we have left.

You have the buckets set aside for people that ordered them with a harness I hope! Any idea when you'll be ready to ship these?
I'm getting anxious with spring around the corner now! It's stored away till end of March.
Thanks Chris.

Jon

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroJonney:

You have the buckets set aside for people that ordered them with a harness I hope! Any idea when you'll be ready to ship these?
I'm getting anxious with spring around the corner now! It's stored away till end of March.
Thanks Chris.

Jon

Did you receive your buckets? I know they went out.

Your harness is sitting in the pile, completed. You and Alibi will get yours very soon at this stage. I wanted to ship all harnesses, but the H9s I need to finish the remainder are on backorder until May with two suppliers. I am looking elsewhere now, and found another two I will be trying to get quotes from.

I suspect the H9 has become a "mainstream" connector now for a few OEMs, hence the sudden shortage.
fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Hey, no Oconomowoc, WI?
woodrow50

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodrow50Send a Private Message to woodrow50Direct Link to This Post
Hope there's some left. I'm just joining in and would love to grab what seems to be one of the last sets. Can send payment immediately. Please advise.
Thanks.
Nilknarf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NilknarfSend a Private Message to NilknarfDirect Link to This Post

I wanted to ship all harnesses, but the H9s I need to finish the remainder are on backorder until May with two suppliers. I am looking elsewhere now, and found another two I will be trying to get quotes from.

I suspect the H9 has become a "mainstream" connector now for a few OEMs, hence the sudden shortage.

So I might not get my harness until May??? Uggghh......
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Problems with the H9 distributors still? Man, I recall you mentioning that like... what, six months back or so? What price/unit are you shooting for? If I've got spare time I can poke around online and see if I can find anyone that sells them in bulk around your price point and I'm sure other's wouldn't mind either

This is the correct connector?

Just tossing links in here for now, not sure if these are the right parts... what about using some with the pigtails already on? It would add a couple solder and heat shrink joints though.

50+ units @ $3/ea: http://www.yellowandbluelig...tID/777/Default.aspx

Here are some for $3.50 each, about 1/5th down the page: http://autolumination.com/connectors.htm

Or maybe try searching froogle?: http://www.google.com/products?q=h9+connector&aq=f

[This message has been edited by Alibi (edited 02-05-2010).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Alibi, thanks.

If you look at the first two links you provided, the H9 connectors are the shoddy clip connectors that break when you try to pry the ends over the lock tabs on the bulbs.

The photo you pictured though is the correct one, which is why they are nearly 7 bucks a piece.

They have squeeze tabs, and are a much more solid design.

As for delaying harnesses til May, that won't happen. I WILL find the connectors I need, even if I have to go buy them at retail in order to finish these.

Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Side clippies = bad?

Hmmm... most of the ones I've come across are the side clips in the pictures. $7 each though? And thats in bulk? Ow...

Edit: What about RockAuto? I know they carry pigtails, they may have just the connector. I'm sure you could call, email, or look through a listing for a car that uses the H9 stock to see what they carry. Also, a 5% discount code is easy to come by :

[This message has been edited by Alibi (edited 02-05-2010).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Side clippies = bad?

Hmmm... most of the ones I've come across are the side clips in the pictures. $7 each though? And thats in bulk? Ow...

Edit: What about RockAuto? I know they carry pigtails, they may have just the connector. I'm sure you could call, email, or look through a listing for a car that uses the H9 stock to see what they carry. Also, a 5% discount code is easy to come by

The side clips on the connectors I use are "rocker release" clips.

You squeeze the connector between the fingers, and it rocks the two locks away from the bulb lock tabs, allowing you to unplug the connector from the lamp smoothly and painlessly.

The ones that have the clip tabs require a flathead screwdriver, or a fingernail, or some other prying device to release the lock on one side, while you pull the connector a tiny bit. Then, you do the same for the other, and unplug the connector. In cold weather, you break those locks off of the socket.

I found a supplier, waiting for them to get back to me.

And yes, 7 bucks per connector. If you look at Susquehanna, they are getting 11.54 for them normally, and on sale, 7.50...

In all fairness, 7 bucks is my "total cost" per connector when selling. I actually only pay about 4.50 each, including seals and pins. But finding them is a pain in the ass.

The two suppliers that I ordered from in the past always had pins and seals in quantity (100,000 parts or so of each on hand) and the connector base and shield in the 50,000+ range..
Now they are both down to zero stock, which tells me that some big company came in and bought out everything...

I will get connectors and soon. No matter what I have to do to do so, but I won't jeopardize the quality by using a substandard connector...

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 02-05-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock