Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Voting Bush after watching F911????!!! (Page 11)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
Voting Bush after watching F911????!!! by MontrealMike
Started on: 07-14-2004 10:17 AM
Replies: 414
Last post by: 88GTNeverfinished on 09-10-2004 12:13 AM
84Bill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post07-17-2004 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

Oh Bill, Please tell me more.

I really really want to get an "F" on my next Economics exam.

Then by all means ignore me and get an F in "American Living" so you can get an A in "I can bob my head on command".

IP: Logged
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-17-2004 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Oh Bill, Please tell me more.

There was a bill passed by Reagan that was called something Like "Tax credit & accelerated depreciation"

What this did was allowed a SMALL or LARGE business to purchase an EXPENSIVE machine (cars, boats, airplanes, CNC machines) for his business OR persoanl .INC.
The way it worked was the DEPRECIATION of the purchase could be WRITTEN OFF for a redeamable TAX CREDIT. Since the depreciation was ACCELERATED the new equipment could be DEPRECIATED down to near zero in a few years and could then be SOLD to another small .INC for a higher value even though it was "worth less". The new OWNER could then take the TAX CREDIT and depreciate the VALUE even more over a few years.

The firestorm it cause in the BIG booms of the 80's were LEASED equipment. Car rental businesses, aircraft salses and "lease back" oppertunities, sales of business equipment like company cars, computers, typewriters. (while they were still en vogue) and other rapidly depreciable business related items.

--------------
Arriving home after survivng the 1 mile journy through hell, 84Bill grabs his peanut bag and begins feeding the squirrels.
He was delighted when one squirrel hopped on his shoulder and ate a peanut after peanut while the others fought each other for position and were too scared to approach this friendly giant. After having his fill the smart little squirrel lept from 84Bill shoulder and scampered away. 84Bill though to himself as he sauntered off left all the other squirrels to starve for the night. Silly things will get hungy and eventually take the nut, if not screwem because 1 in 99 are great odds for success.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 07-17-2004).]

Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post

Jeez, Tigger this is getting annoying. Do you EVER read my entire post before going off half cocked?

"BASED ON THE INTEL" - Toddster's LAST post on the subject.

And yes, the Saudi's don't have to have a WMD program to be dangerous. But they DO need one to be invaded. Get the difference NOW!?!?!?!

Annoying and going off half cocked, lol.

What do you mean by? "BASED ON THE INTEL"

So if a drunken homeless man 7 years ago told an FBI or CIA agent that "Iraq has WMD's and is a threat" the President should ignore the source of this intelligence and use it to decare a war because it's after all "BASED ON THE INTEL" we have?

So you acknowledge the Saudi's don't have to have a WMD program to be dangerous. Wow we're making strides. Ohh, but they DO need a WMD program to be invaded.

Saudi Arabia should be invaded because they harbor, grant amnesty, and we have proof they've funded terrorists organizations including hijackers who crashed those jetliners on 9/11.

However Saudi Arabia should not be invaded because hijacked jetliners flown into buildings are not considered a weapons of mass destruction program. Can't do a damn thing.

Todd, thanks for pointing out the difference, the double standard should be very clear by now to everyone else.

[This message has been edited by Tigger (edited 07-17-2004).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-17-2004 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tigger:

Annoying and going off half cocked, lol.

What do you mean by? "BASED ON THE INTEL"

So if a drunken homeless man 7 years ago told an FBI or CIA agent that "Iraq has WMD's and is a threat" the President should ignore the source of this intelligence and use it to decare a war because it's after all "BASED ON THE INTEL" we have?

So you acknowledge the Saudi's don't have to have a WMD program to be dangerous. Wow we're making strides. Ohh, but they DO need a WMD program to be invaded.

Saudi Arabia should be invaded because they harbor, grant amnesty, and we have proof they've funded terrorists organizations including hijackers who crashed those jetliners on 9/11.

However Saudi Arabia should not be invaded because hijacked jetliners flown into buildings are not considered a weapons of mass destruction program. Can't do a damn thing.

Todd, thanks for pointing out the difference, the double standard should be very clear by now to everyone else.

BEWARE of goldfish, they are evil and the parinoid on the potomic will all die!!!! Beware of Toads on toadstools they are inept and arrogant!!!!
Alms.... Alms...... Alms for the poor.... Alms..... Alms for the poor.. am willing to work for a parking spot... Alms.... Alms for the poor.

Tigger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bill, you can replace "a drunken homeless man" with Ahmad Chalabi, the controversial Iraq leader, former exile, and Bush administration fave, as one of their main sources for the WMD intel.

He might be a better source.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-17-2004 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Hey Bill, you can replace "a drunken homeless man" with Ahmad Chalabi, the controversial Iraq leader, former exile, and Bush administration fave, as one of their main sources for the WMD intel.

He might be a better source.

He had to get into power somehow... see how usefull money mongers can be?

Tigger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

He had to get into power somehow... see how usefull money mongers can be?

I'm just using him as an example here.

Key Of David

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2004 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Key Of DavidSend a Private Message to Key Of DavidDirect Link to This Post
Michael Moore doesn't exactly have a history of being unbiased. And are these lies anything new than what else is going around? All of them unsubstantiated and can't be proven at all. In fact the guy that has spent a year now going after Bush full force (of course with the medias FULL cooperation and support) has turned out to be a big fat LIAR. You know the guy I'm talking about. The one who accused Bush of lying to the American people and the world about WMD? Its been the most believed to date, and if I'm not mistaken...it was the first widely accepted one amongst those who couldn't wait to find a reason to hate Jr. and blame yet another one for the recession of 1990. It has also been the longest running...and even Kerry STILL uses it (remember this has been proven to be a lie) on his website to further his campaign.

All I can say is that nothing has fueled my fire more to register to vote this year than that movie. Not the Arabian multi-national political system or terrorists, not the many other haters of Israel and God, not gov't supported gay marriage, not abortion....not anything more than that movie. If there were ever anything that I hated right now in this world....it is the lies of our "unbiased, fair, and truthful" media.

------------------
I have the precious gift of patience.....it just takes too long to use it!

[This message has been edited by Key Of David (edited 07-17-2004).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-17-2004 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

I'm just using him as an example here.

Ans he is very good example of playing a devils advocate against the devils advocate only to end up being cannon fodder for the devil himself.

A bad guy playing a bad guy then tries to play a good guy but is really a bad guy.

Humm Chalabi sounds like the bad guy wearing a white hat.

ditch

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

You see dead people too?

just brain dead people...it's the 7th sense

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

In case you haven't been paying atention it is NOT the job of the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES to evaluate intelligence sources...He kinda has other things to do. That is what the CIA is for. They dropped the ball. They paid the price. Kerry voted for the same resolution based on the same data. Why didn't he stand-up and say, "Hey wait a minute. I don't trust you boys down there in Langley. I want to see the resume of the spy for myself."

Come into the Parlor said the Spider to the fly. Flying planes into the WTC is a direct assault on America. It DOES NOT NEED to be considered WMD for retaliation. The only problem with your logic is that the intel that links Saudi Arabia to those attacks is THE SAME INTEL you just blasted in your last post. So which is it genius? Do we trust the intel or not?

Just let me know if I'm going too fast for ya.

If not, invading ANYBODY is unjustified. Since we NOW know the intel was flawed invading SA on that info is not supported by accurate intel. And since we DIDN'T know it was faulty intel last year the Iraq Invasion WAS totally justified.

Yes, you are right about that for a change. If should be PERFECTLY clear by now that there is NO Double Standard.....except with you.

edit: thought better of a personal remark

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 07-18-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-18-2004 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

In case you haven't been paying atention it is NOT the job of the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES to evaluate intelligence sources...He kinda has other things to do. That is what the CIA is for. They dropped the ball. They paid the price. Kerry voted for the same resolution based on the same data. Why didn't he stand-up and say, "Hey wait a minute. I don't trust you boys down there in Langley. I want to see the resume of the spy for myself."

In case you haven't been paying atention, Dick Clarke QUIT.

The reason he cited was because Duhbya refused to listen to the voice of reason and kept telling Clarke to find information that JUST DID NOT EXIST!!

Understandable sine you are an economics student Humm I guess the new Reichstag will need one.

Tigger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post

Yes, you are right about that for a change. If should be PERFECTLY clear by now that there is NO Double Standard.....except with you.

edit: thought better of a personal remark

I don't know, you seem to be the only one that is arguing with me over this double standard.

In case you haven't been paying atention it is NOT the job of the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES to evaluate intelligence sources...He kinda has other things to do.

It's not the President's job to gather intelligence but it is his responsibility to make sound decisions in matters like "going to war" on it.

Before 9/11 they told us intelligence showed Saddam's WMD program was containable and not a threat. After 9/11, even that day Rummsfeld was working on plans to Invade Iraq, based on the same intelligence. And all of a sudden it's an iminent threat?

If we knew they had stockpiles of WMD's and knew right where they were, don't say that isn't true because Bush and the administration said so, why not spy on these locations, send in our underground special ops to search and gather proof? Why not? Because then we'd find out they didn't have WMD's, was not a threat, and that wouldn't be "the right answer".

I don't make blind-eye decisions at my job. Hell I know if I did it wouldn't be long before it would end up getting myself fired.

BUCK WILLIAMS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2004 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BUCK WILLIAMSSend a Private Message to BUCK WILLIAMSDirect Link to This Post
Did anyone happen to notice that this thread was started by a canadian!
88GTNeverfinished

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2004 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTNeverfinishedSend a Private Message to 88GTNeverfinishedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BUCK WILLIAMS:

Did anyone happen to notice that this thread was started by a canadian!

Apparently you didn't notice this thread died close to 2 months ago. Wait til Oct 5 to resurrect it

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock