Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  88 gt 3800SC with ZZP intercooler swap (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
88 gt 3800SC with ZZP intercooler swap by RULOOKIN
Started on: 02-07-2010 10:21 AM
Replies: 456
Last post by: OHNIKO on 12-11-2012 10:08 PM
JamesCurtis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
You'll get a lot more money out of the car running than you would selling it like this. Find a decent engine at the salvage yard and swap out the shortblock. I'm curious as to what type of bottom end failure it is as well, a good hard flogging with a lot of KR is a recipe for disaster.
IP: Logged
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Rulookin,

Step away from the car and take a deep breath, .... let the anger and disappointment fade. Just like stubbing your toe, or slamming your finger in the door, it hurts like hell for a short period and you wish you could amputate the digit to make it stop, but eventually the pain subsides and it begins to heal.

You would soooo regret selling this car and giving up. Give it a little time and you will be back hungrier and more focused than ever.
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
^^ What he said! ^^

Sorry the hear about your engine, but take a break and fix it. You won't regret it.

Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 07-02-2011).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Don't let it get to you.

Once you fix it and get a proper tune you'll be smiling from ear to ear again. When it breaks, its the dumps, when its running smooth you know you wouldn't want to give it up.
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Grab either a nice series III SC or N/A (top swap) engine and get her back on the road running properly, should make for an easy job with no rusty bolts to deal with.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
I know the feeling. On my last car I had to change transmission three times back to back. Not fun dropping that cradle. I hope it is not your daily driver. If not then just leave it alone for some time and go and do other stuff that please you. Then you will come later at it with a positive attitude. And make sure you have it properly tuned before hitting on it

------------------

Red: TPI V8 + 6-Speed White: 3800SC auto
304rwHP/366rwTQ

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
The hard part is done, now its just left turns, then right turns.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.53@126.7

thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
hate to say it..but did u still run that fram oil filter after i told you not too??? i hope it was something else that failed you..and dont give up ..you would be insane to quit now!! like dan said grab a series 3 and do a top swap...tim
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Wow major bummer dude... That car was looking like it was Rockin' ready to rip up the road.... I KNOW you must be pretty pissed off, bummed out, and not a little bit discouraged. I also know from the looks of your Last Fiero and the love and patience and time you put into THIS fiero that you will not be distracted. That car is a part of you and even broken it is awesome.... Take a break, go do something fun you REALLY ENJOY and then hit it again with a fresh mindset. Let's face it, you are not redoing the whole car, just taking the motor out and popping it back it. All the hard work is done, mounts, exhaust, lines, wiring, etc.... Hell from the looks of that build and your skills with it you could probably have it out and back in running again inside a week!! I would definitely get it tuned right away just to make sure everything is working the way it should and maybe even take it to a pro shop for dyno tuning so they can monitor everything to make sure it is doing what it should be doing. It would be money well spent.... You are that fiero and you cannot give up on it now man... It is just getting good!! peace

Pete

RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

tear down begins
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotDirect Link to This Post
Hey Duane

Let me know if you need a hand with anything. Whether you keep the car or sell the car, it doesn't make sense to just walk away now. If you put a new bottom end in it, you will enjoy it for years if you decide to keep it. With a good running motor, you will also get more $$ if you do decide to sell it, more than the the cost of the shortblock from ZZP. Given the quality of the rest of your car, I wouldn't take a gamble with another used engine.

Good luck and let me know if I can help in any way

Pete
PFF
System Bot
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

...With a good running motor, you will also get more $$ if you do decide to sell it, more than the the cost of the shortblock from ZZP. Given the quality of the rest of your car, I wouldn't take a gamble with another used engine.

Pete

Saboo would agree!
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Hey Duane

Let me know if you need a hand with anything. Whether you keep the car or sell the car, it doesn't make sense to just walk away now. If you put a new bottom end in it, you will enjoy it for years if you decide to keep it. With a good running motor, you will also get more $$ if you do decide to sell it, more than the the cost of the shortblock from ZZP. Given the quality of the rest of your car, I wouldn't take a gamble with another used engine.

Pete

Wut?

Why would the "caliber of car" determine the functionality of a used engine vs a rebuilt one?
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
woah!!!
that sooo sucks Duane but fixable...take a breather (you? yeah right!!!)

don't give up dude, we want you to enjoy the car, especially after all the blood, sweat, tears & $ u put into it.

let us know which piece broke, maybe we can all learn from it.

i have a feeling it'll be up & running again b4 the end of summer with no worries.

call if u need to vent etc.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2011 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Make sure that pressure plate isn't hitting the inside of the transmission. I have found that that style pp rubs on the getrag 5 speed.

Originally posted by RULOOKIN:

hey Justin i looked at both clutches side by side 4 speed and the new 5 speed look the same ??? but according to Jeremy at spec the SC883 is the correct one for my getrag i followed proper install cleaned flywheel and PP with break clean not even a finger touched the clutch pucks so if i have any issues with this i will be in contact with Jeremy
Plus it was a major PITA to change ,
I am crossing my fingers it will not hit as i was told it will not we will have to see

My flywheel is a camero one machined down and was checked for proper thickness, i may turn the motor over and see if any blue paint is comming off but man its a PITA to remove the trani again and again but after seeing your i will do some checks next week to be sure .

After doing some extensive reading and a quick answer from bmwguro it looks like i will be doing some clearance checks with this new clutch real PITA as Justin has posted and bmwgoro has said in some cases the PP will come in contact with the inside of the trani bellhousing, So i think i will try to turn the motor over a few times by hand then remove the trani again and see if it has scraped the blue paint anywhere ????

Got to the shop today and first thing was to check this clutch situation,pulled the plugs and got a breaker bar and socket turned the motor over many times things seem to be ok there was nothing hitting inside the trani, so as posted above and i have been told in some cases the getrag does rub the PP a bit and in Justins case may have caused trani failure, I am so glad to know things are Ok, and while i was checking things out Jeremy from spec called me to see if it was Ok !!
So on we go with the build .....

Ya sure go spec !! but when this happens dont think it is your crank in your motor that is blown! thats what it will sound like, this problem has been outlined in many threads !! and here we go again !!
I am very unhappy right now !! to put it lightly
Oh and yes i did a compleat rebuild on my motor as well thinking it was the crank !!
Soulution apparently is to mill down the camero flywheel to .820 not .840 to allow clearance for the PP
Now i have realy thrown a wrench into some peoples projects !!!
Good to know Jeremy at Spec is possibly sending me a new PP

Car had 250Km not miles before this happened ??????

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...L/079530-5.html#p165

So, whats more of a PITA? Splitting the motor/trans on the cradle or waiting till there is damage and splitting the motor/trans while its in the car?
------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.53@126.7

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 07-17-2011).]

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
thanks for pointing that out again Justin, these clearance checks you spoke of arte almose imposible to do and for some reason it was not hitting inside the trani at first ??? anyways i have not given up yet i am having the flywheel machined down to .820 recomended by Fieroguro to alow PP clearance, if this doesnt work some of you americans may see a red fiero floating over to the US side of lake ontario
ICCAMDFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIERODirect Link to This Post
Wow such a bummer man! Was looking forward to seeing your car at fierorama this year. I'm glad you didn't give up, I dont no what it feels like to finish your car and have it brake. Though my car has been sitting in my garage not running for over a year now when it should be. If I cant get the wirring worked out pretty soon it'll be on its way to a shop for a new harness, and I dont want it back till it runs. Hope all goes well and you get that bad machine going again!
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
well it looks like Jeremy is sending me a new PP this week ! thank god because this is starting to make me broke !!

so i have decided to mill down the FW to .820 to allow room for any style PP i ever go with, motor is a L26 bottom end with 23,000km not miles did a top swap all new gasgets new rockers, push rods everything hot tanked and looks brand new ! motor was built with my ARP head studs XP cam 105 VS comp singe roller timeing chain by Cartuneing here in Canada a 3800 preformance engine builder they do 500hp turbo 3800s with the L26 bottom ends look them up on the internet.
everything is ready to go but waiting on new PP and flywheel to be machined it wont take me long to button this back up , I re did my SC pulled it all appart for inspection re bead blasted it re painted it RED, I damaged my front valve cover so i need one of them still and i will re paint it i have the overlays for ti already,
now i know ther eis going to be some critisisim about the L26 bottom end and the higher compresion motor but i have done my home work on this and its a good way to go and will make the same if not more power and was half the money of a L67 rebuild, the guy who built my motor puts these together with 15psi turbo kits no SC is putting 15psi maybe 12 if your lucky go on youtube look up cartuneing you will see a GTP over 500hp

it took some time to decide what direction to go with this time i even continplated sending the car to Wodeanei but i just wouldent be the same as being able to say I built this and personaly my Father was quite impressed when he saw it at the show in Barrie, this car thing is realy not something he likes to hear i spend a good chunk of my money on, but when he saw what i had done with the car he was impressed, and to here him say dont give up on the car made me want to fix it even more,
So i will try to do this again better than before !

I recently had the SS WCF headers and Y pipe ceramic coated black SC re painted
need valve cover with oil fill
engine rebuilt
flywheel milled down 20tho
new PP comming form Spec
hope to get this together soon

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
L26's work great.. I would probably not abuse one too much if you are making more than 500whp. At 300whp, you should be fine.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
i will put this out there for all the people how doubt me, and i am not trying to make this kind of horse power, these are the guys who built my motor this has a L26 bottom L26 intake with turbo
http://www.youtube.com/watc...1HgU&feature=related
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

i will put this out there for all the people how doubt me, and i am not trying to make this kind of horse power, these are the guys who built my motor this has a L26 bottom L26 intake with turbo
http://www.youtube.com/watc...1HgU&feature=related

Thats nice but check this out!

[This message has been edited by GADJet (edited 07-19-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
i wont have time to document the full rebuild but things are moving now got the new PP from spec and my FW was milled down 20tho for a bit of extra clearance, motor is back on trani , creamic coated WCF SS headers are mounted look nice in black the plain SS was just too hot for my likeing, was able to get a front valve cover and repainted it with overlays the same as before, instaled new axle bearing seal on right side, this is my last try with these if it leaks again i am going back to stock seals
will be going at this full speed need to drive my car, this is the first summer in over 15 years i have been without a fiero
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
well we are back together motor is in ! looks as good as the first time,
added to the build :
very low KM L26 bottom end
67 heads re lapped valves hot tanked and plained 105 valve springs new rods and rockers
all new gasgets
new spec PP
creamic coated headers and Y pipe
i hope this time it works out there are a few cosmetic things still to be done in the trunk area but i want to enjoy the car for a bit so it will have to wait !

here is a pic of the 3 inch dump

should be up and running tomorow just have intake and plug wires to install
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
Lookin good Duane. Glad to see you didn't give up on the car! Hopefully all's well this time.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Glad to say its running again !! took it out for a spin seems OK so far i have taken preventitive mesures this time around and pinned the boost by pass valve open untill i get a propper tune, i will install it just before tuneing hopefully soon !
no leaks any where everything works no codes poping up idles great,
other than some work on the trunk area and re install the carpeting i am happy with the install i even tucked the intercooler at the front up so its out of sight before it was hanging a bit low.
now to my suprise my girlfrind asked me about Fiero Rama this year ! so we may be comming but i need to put some miles on this before that long trip ???

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
glad to see and thats good news Duane...now enjoy it!
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
spoke with the tuner today now if all goes as planned, it will be going for tune this week, at this time i may have joe do a you tube video for me Hey Joe !! bring your video camera
chriswf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chriswfSend a Private Message to chriswfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Wow man nice looking car.... but I think I would do without the nutbuster subwoofer in the passenger side. Hate to be in a wreck in that car.... I know everyone likes a deep bass but I would not give up my passenger legroom to get the boom. Besides where is the HOT girlfriend gonna put those beautiful long legs?? peace

Pete

LOOLLL ROFL HAHAH!!!!
Nutbuster! LOL!
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2011 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
I am very happy to say the car is tuned and running well got tuned friday night, i would never push the car like i did on the tune and lets just say its very fast, tune turned out perfect fuel trims are nice and there is room for more improvements we were getting a bit of belt slip at 5000 rpm but all in all the car is plenty fast the way it is my tuner guy is gestimating 320 to 340 hp just by feel in the car, my dad has a C5 corvette and i drive it time to time and my car is definatly faster then it
going to keep a close eye on things for a bit do some in town driving get this clutch broken in, RULOOKIN is begging for the HWY and some open road.......
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2011 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
WOW !!!! i am realy not having much luck with this, if you dont alreay know my second motor had a slight knock when the motor warmed up had it looked at now back to the drawing board again !!
SO here I go round 3 low KM L26 block (3250KM) going to enging shop for compleate balance and blueprinted with flywheel and L67 balancer motor will be completly torn down and reasembled, heads are good but are being rebuilt, balance shaft removal as motor will be balanced now i realy hope 3rd time is a charm because i dont have it in me to do it again ,
RULOOKIN is sitin on blocks right now or should i say again LOL , I guess the new rims will have to wait !

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2011 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Nice choice on the wheels !

I see you plan to go with my recommendation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn1lBRRrnZg

I saw those things at an exotic car show last month and fell in " marry me" type love hehehe.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-26-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2011 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Well i am haveing difficuties with my new phone transfering pics to mu computer but some improvments have been made ! LIM pcv hole is drilled to match ZZP full stack, got a full rool of black header wrap did both headers and Y pipe my first time doing it and i was impressed how the turned out nice and tight with a even overlap i used SS hose clamps to sucure the wrap looks clean, drilled a fittind into front valve cover (fire wall side) and will be running a hose to the TB for fresh air so no need for valve breather i have been told a closed system is better than running open as there will be unmettered air ??
PICS SOON !!
still waiting on motor to be finished then i have the winter at the shop to get things buttoned up !!

[This message has been edited by RULOOKIN (edited 10-23-2011).]

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2011 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

RULOOKIN

1157 posts
Member since Jan 2010
welded the trunk, and sealed edges with window cocking and painted with rubber rocker gaurd on inside and re installed carpet
for bottom it will be primed and painted so no rust

sad pics

[img]https://images.fiero.nl/2011b/436.jpg[/img
yes shes missing something
in the mean time this came into the shop

Fiero with 2.8 turbo was a nicely done kit Joe was working on this !
Motor should be done this week I hope

[This message has been edited by RULOOKIN (edited 10-24-2011).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2011 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Can't believe its coming apart again. Hope you have some better luck this time around!
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2011 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post
Duane, you got yourself a really nice 88GT. Its a beauty, plus your 3800 S/C swap is very clean and detailed.

I really can't see you selling this car, plus there aren't many extra clean ones around. Hope you decide to keep it.

Thanks for the sale on those Q / W...

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. All original.

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
here is how my wrap job turned out, trying to beat the heat under the hood so if you are keeping track they are SS with ceramic and wraped !!!

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Motor is Done !! picking it up tomorow, will post pics of the RE RE build third times a charm i hope, motor was profesionaly built by Cooksville Engines here in Mississauga took some time to do it right but i followed Ryan from sinisters advise and had the flywheel balanced with total rotating asembely including L67 balancer, there are a few spots on the balancer that have had weight taken out, also balance shaft was removed and the bearing hole was filled, a proper 3/4 tapped fitting was put into the timeing cover coolant passage, all new seal gasgets, heads rebuilt valve job, new seals, cam installed at zero degrees, rollermaster timenig chain (single roller) now this wasent cheap to do but i know what i have now, its basicly brand new,
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

.. now this wasent cheap to do but i know what i have now, its basicly brand new,

Sometimes that is the right way to do it. No surprises.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2011 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Well a full day of putting the motor back toghter !! a few things were fixed,PCV is now working through the intercooler and was smoked tested so it works for sure,
also drill a fitting into where the block off plate for my BBV ran a much shorter hose than before so the BBV should snap shut alot faster, alos put a fitting in the front valve cover (fierwall side) and ran a hose to the extra port on the N* TB for fresh air into crank case, no breather will be used as it is now a sealed system just like stock,
haveing problems uploading pics is PIP down ???
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2011 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Sometimes that is the right way to do it. No surprises.

I 2nd this...

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. All original.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors