Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  88 gt 3800SC with ZZP intercooler swap (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
88 gt 3800SC with ZZP intercooler swap by RULOOKIN
Started on: 02-07-2010 10:21 AM
Replies: 456
Last post by: OHNIKO on 12-11-2012 10:08 PM
RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2010 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Built 3800sc series 2 with 4 speed manual
Motor came from Ed Morad with less than 80k on it out of a 98-99 Regal
Stage 3 ported blower
Machined Snout w/ 2.6 pulley
Elimislip pulley setup
stage 3 full size intercooler
machined lower intake
ported stock heads
105 valve springs w/modded retainers
double roller chain
AC delete pully
XP cam
ARP Head Studs
Cometic Head gaskets
North Star Throttle body
Ls1 MAF
Walbro 255 pump
lucas 42.5 injectors
SLP Custom headers
Full 3" mandrel exhaust with magnaflow muffler
Spec stage 3 clutch
Purple Reign Poly mounts
flywheel

i found the origional post from PO on the stats of the moter there were some things listed were sold as i did not need them
IP: Logged
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2010 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I am in london every so often if you want a tune done somewhat close to home.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

not much done today, Installed valve cover and painted the tensioner pullys black still waiting on SC case and headers but things are looking good pics make the red look orange but it is a nice red !
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Got the new SC case it needs a bit of cleaning and we will be putting new needle bearings my snout blades cuppler are all new only reason for changing the case was that the PO filled the bost by pass butterfly valve and i need the operational so a little rebuild soda blast and paint,The Ford 3800 headers are also in so next week i may start on fabing them to fit !

FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Here is a picture of 3800 SC Series III install with a ZZP intercooler. This required no mods to the rear deck lid but the MERA may have more room than the standard Fiero.

Nelson

The GT decklid will not clear on the left or right with the S2 intercooler. Yes, the MERA / 308's have great clearance.

http://www.fastfieros.com/projects for pics of the rest of Nelson's install.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Well no pics this week but tore into the rebild of the supercharger cleaned out my new case polished the inside installed new cuppler put things back together loosely so my machine shop can port the bottom and bead blast the charger to get ready for paint will be also porting intake to match my north star TB adapter will have pics next week of things cleaned up also putting new needle bearings this turned out to be a big project as the PO of this motor had built it for strip not street but me and Joe are getting there.
Ordered new needle bearings MSD coils MSD long wires billet fuel rails all comming soon
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Really nice car man!!

------------------

1 of 2: Graphite Grey Pearl 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 2000 L67 Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 12.0@118mph, 1.89 60ft w/True Street Radial Tires not Drag Radials!)
New Engine on the Road again! FTW Motorsports style!
312rwhp/332rwtq

My CarDomain Site

LZeppelin513

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeppelin513Send a Private Message to LZeppelin513Direct Link to This Post
Looks sweet. Love the wheels. PM sent
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
So today i got my charger back from the machine shop som machineing and bead blasting has been done i have a friend takeing the needle bearings out snout has already been milled down by ZZP to fit a 2.6 pully i installed a new cuppler and compleatly cleaned gears blades soon ready to go back together compleatly rebuilt ported,bearings, polished, painted i also have a brand new North Star TB and adapter shes going to wine like your girlfriend!

Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
pic's look good.
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post

Team Race-Tech

512 posts
Member since Nov 2004
now you need to paint it like this one....

Duane you know this engine........
PFF
System Bot
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post

Team Race-Tech

512 posts
Member since Nov 2004
Duane, lets see if you remember which this one is in????

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Well the one with the chrome charger is the one we finished off a month ago Yellow car.
The green one ??? but nice dont think i worked on it !
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

RULOOKIN

1157 posts
Member since Jan 2010
The green one !
I ment gold one ! havent worked on it
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
All the parts are in pic saturday
Ford 3800 mustang shorty headers
MSD coils
Needle bearings for supercharger
MSD long black wires will be hidden going under motor
Fuel rails red anodized
new GM oil dip stick & tube
New oil fill cap
Grade 9 bolts for flywheel
superchager needle bearings removed,bead blasted,ported,&polished
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Spent half day installing fuel rail,wires,headers,and porting out the charger,its alot of work but things are comming together charger will be getting painted new needle bearings and put back together,AS for the ford 3800 mustang headers a bit of modifying will have to be done to make then fit but they are close

[img]https://images.fiero.nl/2010/r13.jpg[/img

[img]https://images.fiero.nl/2010/r10.jpg[/img
[img]https://images.fiero.nl/2010/r12.jpg[/img
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

RULOOKIN

1157 posts
Member since Jan 2010

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

RULOOKIN

1157 posts
Member since Jan 2010
this is a pic of my 88 fiero when i bought it

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

Well nothing to show off today still working on the porting polishing of the charger a compleat rebuild is takeing place, got most of the porting done a bit more polishing is needed then back together and paint .
The ford 3800 headers are going to be perfect had to elongate the bolt holes a bit but no cutting everything lines up then a totaly 1 off custom crossover.
Did an oil change and 4 wheel alignment on the 88 today she nice and tight on the curves cant wait for the 3800SC power
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Some pics of compleated port job on charger and polish,butterfly cleaned for re and re and needle bearings for charger ,painted snout,north star TB adapter, 2.6ZZP pully should be all together this weekend

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Got some things done today !
rebuilt charger new needle bearings installed porting finished reasembled and painted,
installed North star TB
Installed charger on intercooler with new gasket and new stainless bolts
next will be the custom exhaust

PFF
System Bot
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Next few weeks i will be installing fuel pump,Chapion 3 core aluminum rad,intercooler and pump also routing intercooler lines under the car in copper, haveing a low mount ATL bracket custom made by a member it will be a bit different than seen before.
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
hey Duane............... take better pictures next time........... ok tomorrow...hehe
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
any up dates?
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
well i got the injectors in and tightend down the SC and mounted starter
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
well tonight i spent 3 hours cleaning my getrag looks band new,i may paint it a cast aluminum colour but looks nice the way it is this Getrag is actualy from a friend and is a five speed from a beretta in good shape the mounting of the slave is a bit different than stock fiero getrag a bit lower and the fork push thing is on the inside of the bell houseing, so aliminating the slave bracket.
also got a cobalt SS fill resivior used on 3800 builds as a fill point for the intercooler will be mounted with custom bracket on back side of super charger
Still waiting on my 3 core rad cant wait to see how bad customs screws me over on this shipping
Fuel regulator fuel lines will be soon
hopefully mounting the flywheel,trani with new thro bearing and engine this weekend useing PR mounts
oh that reminds me PR is makeing me a custom low mount ATL bracket will be useing 2.8 ATL
Jonviviano

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonvivianoSend a Private Message to JonvivianoDirect Link to This Post
Sorry might have missed it but where are your fuel rails from? doesnt look like the zzp setup.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
fuel rails are Areomotive for a 3800 and fit nice and tight
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
trani all cleaned up and painted ready for install

fill resivior from cobalt SS used as a fill point for intercooler

and a pic of my girlfriend at the store after i told her we didnt have enughf money to buy bananas !! this week LOL!!!

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

RULOOKIN

1157 posts
Member since Jan 2010
just a before and after pic of the motor when i got it ,and how it looks now

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Nice work Duane, its going to be a gem when its done. Tranny cleaned up real nice.
PFF
System Bot
TKDchamp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKDchampSend a Private Message to TKDchampDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RULOOKIN:

Not sure if these pics worked we will see here are pics of 88 cradle sandblasted and repainted also the moter that is going in i will be changeing the supercharger and valve covers to red

What springs did you use to get the front end that low?

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
i have 1 inch fiero store drop springs with 18inch wheels i think this is why she sits nice, looking into coil overs all 4 corners custom built so she will sit even lower !!
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
today made custom bracket for intercooler fill resivior and routed brass pipe it filler, brass will be painted black after final adjustments are made and special epoxy will be used and soder to eliminate haveing so many small clamps should look nice and clean when done!

Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
Duane........... I need the number to that plummer, the drainage piping looks good..............hehe
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Made a phone call today to find out where my new Chapion rad is in shipping and it turns out a Duane in Alberta got my package by mistake so here we go with the shipping nighmare again now comming canada post from Alberta what a screw up but it looks like i wont be paying any customs fees assosiated with it comming over the border because it is here in Canada LOL not sure if the other Duane got stung with it but Cool Radiators should eat that for their mistake.
I will say one thing for sure this build must be easyier for you americans because most of the parts are down there i have to deal with shipping nightmares , lots of extra cost ,and waiting!!
Ordered my fuel lines to run my returnless system off my rails also regulator should be comming soon
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2010 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RULOOKIN:
Ordered my fuel lines to run my returnless system off my rails also regulator should be comming soon

Speaking of fuel rails, where did you get yours from? Direct from Aeromotive, or from eBay, or elsewhere? I'm thinking of getting some better looking fuel rails to use with AN lines on my LS4 swap, but it's hard to tell what some of the ones on eBay actually are (the pictures look like Aeromotive, but I can't find any definitive answers in descriptions or pictures), and there aren't that many options elsewhere that I can see. Nice looking swap, but a little bit too much red on the top for me.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Well today was action packed !!
worked till noon on my motor installed flywheel,clutch,trani,new through bearing,engine on cradle lookin swee,t after that went to a car show in london ontario with the 88 got a nice ticket on the way caught by OPP in a airplane doing 136 but didnt let it ruin my day with my girl at the show!

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

RULOOKIN

1157 posts
Member since Jan 2010

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

RULOOKIN

1157 posts
Member since Jan 2010

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay