Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  88 gt 3800SC with ZZP intercooler swap (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
88 gt 3800SC with ZZP intercooler swap by RULOOKIN
Started on: 02-07-2010 10:21 AM
Replies: 456
Last post by: OHNIKO on 12-11-2012 10:08 PM
Team Race-Tech

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
SO!!! you went to the show.......... and you got a $271.00 ticket...................... so much for the fuel regulator and throughout bearing......... hhmm.......... : - (

I told you not to go....... Taking from the looks on Melinas face........... you aint getting anything tonight............LOL........ or did you get it on the way down when the plane clocked you at 136 kph......... LOL...... i bet he got it on file viewing through your sunroof.
IP: Logged
vortecfiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vortecfieroClick Here to visit vortecfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to vortecfieroDirect Link to This Post
italo and i blasted through that area and never saw any police or planes (look to the sky ! look to the sky!)
but then again we were in a plain jane silver altima

car looks great and the build looks interesting too !

------------------

87 Fiero GT 5sp with Vortec L35 4300 Turbocharged V6
Bully Stage 2 clutch
Syclone intake manifold and engine management with Moates adapter and chip burner
Air/water intercooler and Devil's Own progressive water/alky injection
50lb injectors, 3 bar map sensor, Walboro fuel pump and Jabasco Intercooler pump
LM1 wideband on custom manifolds and 3" stainless exhaust system
T31 P trim T04B H3 turbo and a S10 caliper conversion.
Murphy's Constant Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value
Murphy's Law of Thermodynamics Things get worse under pressure.
Arthur C. Clarke "Any significantly advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Got my Rad today finaly !!
i will be installing it soon and running it on my 2.8L untill my 3800 is ready to go in

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

RULOOKIN

1157 posts
Member since Jan 2010
So it seem i have my 88 2.8 radiator sold so this weekend i will be pulling it out and installing the 3 core rad, so far with my build i have been able to sell most of what i do not need rad,engine,headers from 3800,Msd wires,valve breather,AC deleet pully,making new purchases a bit easyier on my wallet!!
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
NICE!!!

Originally posted by RULOOKIN:

Got my Rad today finaly !!
i will be installing it soon and running it on my 2.8L untill my 3800 is ready to go in

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
got the rad in today with no modifications or cutting at all ??? only the rubber supports on the bottom and top of the rad supports needed mod,also got new high volume fuel pump installed .
and old 88 rad sold for $75

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Wow the pics turned out bad sorry better pics next week
Also i have to say my hat goes off to those of you who do these swaps at home without the use of every tool imaginable and a hoist ,i am not a mechanic and i even strugled a bit this weekend with the gas tank removal, and my car is totaly rust free cant think how difficult this would be without a hoist and a second set of hands never mind the rusty bolts if you had some !!!
Rad went in smothly no cutting of top rad support ???as you can see the fill neck and overflow hose outlet are clear of stock 88 support ??
have read many post about this and all had to cut to make clearance for the neck.
things went well and everything works and looks stock !
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
In the next few weeks i will be installing the intercooler and pump and running my copper lines under the car to rear, I am trying to do alot of the things needed for the 3800 before it is ready to go in as i still drive the car and when its time to put the motor in i will have alot less down time on the car basicly once the motor is in, its a matter of plumming and tuneing,
looking forward to the GM Nationals next week i will be there!!
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
So its time to tackel the 3800 ford mustang shorty headers,now that the trani and engine are mounted i can work on a custom one off exhaust with stock fiero routing will eventualy all be ceramiced in black
possibly useing a 3 inch electric dump, just for some GRRRRR !! once and a while, also useing 2.5 stainless into 3 inch dump out to cat and camero modified muffler !
this work kind of exceeds my ability and i want it done right so i have a friend helping me with this Thanks Joe!!!!
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
well a bit off topic of my build, but this past weekend my girlfriend and i went to Carlisile for the GM Nationals car ran great nice long trip to give my new fuel pump and rad a test, well on sunday awards were posted .....

Next year i will be in a new class Modified
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
I hate to say it, but do yourself a favor and throw those MSD coils in the trash !!!! i had nothing but problems with them & went back to stock. Been running trouble free for 3 years.
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

I hate to say it, but do yourself a favor and throw those MSD coils in the trash !!!! i had nothing but problems with them & went back to stock. Been running trouble free for 3 years.

I already warned his about them but they look kool and match so he is dead set on using them.....
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
So i am tackleing my poor headliner, after this weekends 9
0 degree weather in Carlise it compleatly fell down on the way home,today i CAREFULLY !! removed the headliner, visors and the fuzzy carpeted peice behind the seats (pain in the ass) for a re-upolstry job haveing visors done by Fiero Tomas and the rest of the work done here in T.O. after looking through many selections of material i went with Joe and I first selecton Tan Suede !
I have seen this in another car and looks sexy .
So all the pannels inside the car are being cleaned even managed to use oxy clean on the origional speaker cloth behind the seats,they were dirty but i was able to make them look new again with oxy clean hot water and a toothbrush very carfully as not to rip the speaker cloth.
will post pics of headliner when installed.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

RULOOKIN

1157 posts
Member since Jan 2010
So i have not had time to read about the MSD coils i do know of other cars running problem free with them SO as for now they will remain i have the stock ones if i have issues but dam the MSD ones look so much better,but thanks for the warning and if they do fail you can all say
" I TOLD YOU SO "
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
The problem is they wont fail.. they will just rob power and cause other problems.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

Now its realy comming together!!
Exhaust,wrieing,tuneing still to come but along the way some personal touches for the car !
Powder coated red calipers
suade headliner
bigger exhaust tip 4 inch oval
??????????
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Well so much for my plans of a suede headliner !! would have looked so good but the price was nuts so went with stock replacement material matched up nice also i did the piece behind the seats in a newer style carpeting give the interior a clean look rather than the stock carpet
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
pics of the new headliner and behind seats also interior A piller all cleaned, my interior is 88 beachwood all stock with leather origional tape deck.

other than this work on the interior i may redo the front speaker grills in new material from Rodney Dickman
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

RULOOKIN

1157 posts
Member since Jan 2010
here are the 304 stainless bends 90* and 45*s also i have some straight pipe to do the custom exhaust off the 3800 ford shoty headers into a 3 inch electric dump same routing as 2.8 exhaust

4 inch stainless bends with K&N filter for custom intake will have some length in the middle of the bends will be tig welded and polished smooth its a bit heavy but will look nice

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
today did oil change on 2.8 and installed 3800 stater to 2.8 old one failed also worked a bit on 3800, was a nice idea to run the intercooler lines in copper but decided to keep it simple and ran 5/8 hose looks clean and will allow room for fuel lines, things were getting tight with my coil pack in stock location,
still realy want a LSD for the trani i will have to put it on my christmas list !!
headers,wireing,next on my list and install intercooler rad and Flow pro pump runs 3GPM
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Calipers back form powder coating, only did outer half

PFF
System Bot
PRFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2010 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PRFieroSend a Private Message to PRFieroDirect Link to This Post
any updates?
grsychckn

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grsychcknSend a Private Message to grsychcknDirect Link to This Post
Nice build! Your and my car are very similar!

Good luck with the build.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
today installed outer calliper hat, they look nice match the car with the red powder coating,also installed new warter pump on my 2.8 hopefully i am all set for fierorama dam lucky the pump failed on me up here in Toronto not 500Miles south anyways not much progress on my 3800SC build waiting for parts to continue on exhaust,plus the best summer we have ever seen up here so i am trying to enjoy it a bit .
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2010 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
today i recived a big box from Fedex !!!!
OEM GT LEFT SIDE SAIL WINDOW
brand new with protective tape still on it will be stashing it away untill i hunt down a right side for later use
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
this weekend i went to Fierorama nice 9 hour drive crusin at 85MPH all the way had a great time !! Chuck let me drive his V8 fastback wide body with 6 speed trani shifts nice and smooth not agresive like some swaps i have driven, anyways thanks Chuck! nice car !
\

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

RULOOKIN

1157 posts
Member since Jan 2010
oH !! I got some hardware to add to my collection, It was a toss up where to class my car for the show at Fierorama but i ended up in Custom Class

Alot of people were asking if the car was trailered !! I drive this car all the time to all shows it has its blemishes here and there but not a trailer queen it wss a great weekend meeting new and familier friends!
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
Ok, enough with the car shows and time off to enjoy the summer....... we a lot of work to still do.... did you forget, we have to hack some headers for the 3800. Also we have wiring to re-do, not to happy with the spagetti mess you got...
sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Team Race-Tech:

Ok, enough with the car shows and time off to enjoy the summer....... we a lot of work to still do.... did you forget, we have to hack some headers for the 3800. Also we have wiring to re-do, not to happy with the spagetti mess you got...

And that's what friends are for.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Yes Joe we have to get going on things again, if it were not for this build thread i might have forgot how my motor looks LOL !!!
So here are some pics from Fierorama thanks to Mike (FOXY FIERO) i did have my camera but on the drive down under arm deoderant melted all over it !!
Again thanks Mike for the great shoots....

Wow Mike you should be a potographer!!
this may be the last anyone sees of my car with the current modified 2.8L me and Joe are going to get moving on the rest of the build so i saved this pic for last, because it wont be there next year !

PFF
System Bot
What about Bob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobDirect Link to This Post
Duane,
Glad to see you made it back home ok. Was nice meeting you and shooting the breeze. By the way, how many room keys did you go through? Hope to see you again next year.

------------------
Bob
84 SE IMSA Widebody
87 GT 5spd
09 G6

ICCAMDFIERO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIERODirect Link to This Post
Thats a beautiful set up you have going there! You better get back to work, I dont wana be the only SC3800 at fierorama next year. -- Greg
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
So back to work on the build !!!
broke down the wireing harness into 3 parts the PO had made a real mess of things !!
Also cut up the Ford 3800 shorty headers will be modified to fit useing 90* bends into a zzp stainless port flang

daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
RULOOKIN,
What size exhaust tips are those on your car? They look to be either 3 1/2 or 4 inch. Very clean car, those wheels really make the car. Thanks Daniel
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Go some more stainless bends to mock up my custom exhaust,also zzp stainless exhaust port plates came in here are some pics of how things will look a bit more cutting and welding to get the angles right will be routed like a 2.8 exhaust with 2.5 stanless clamps into 2.5 crossover custom made ..

As you can see we are very close with this mock up but i need to get the collecter up a bit as so its not aiming down into speedo on trani,a bit more tweeking should work, firewall side will be the same header design will look something like this..

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

RULOOKIN

1157 posts
Member since Jan 2010
Tomorow i am haveing a surgury, nothing major,So i have some time off work so if i am OK i may have some time to get the headers put together,,will post pics after surgury i will look like a UFC fighter after being knocked out 20 times, LOL but i know me and as long as i dont have a mind splitting headach my A.D.D will set in fast and want to do something with my car
sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
Duane - best wishes for a speedy recovery from the procedure!

Cheers,
Rich
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
OK Duane, so your coming in to cut the other side, right after your surgery??? WOW....... I would wait until Saturday...
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
got a bit of the custom headers done today, very slow process but turning out nice will look even better ceramiced black will post pics later !
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock