Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  88 gt 3800SC with ZZP intercooler swap (Page 7)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
88 gt 3800SC with ZZP intercooler swap by RULOOKIN
Started on: 02-07-2010 10:21 AM
Replies: 456
Last post by: OHNIKO on 12-11-2012 10:08 PM
RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Got my parts from BMWGURO fireo style thermostat modified for a 3.8 went on without any problems now i have nice heat and much less difficult to fill coolant this way, so i have been trying to find a small vacume leak and i borrowed my frind Joes smoke machine and what do you know tiny leak from a injector O ring so i removed the rail replaced the O ring now no leaks anywhere i hope
With the inkake now on and leaks taken car of the car was driven around a bit and seem to be running much better i have my tuner guy comming sunday so i hope i have the exhaust done.
I cut the corners of the trunk out, about 3inches by 4 out of both sides for the type of mufflers i am trying to do will post pics soon !!
if all goes well on sunday with the tune this car may be out of the shop soon, I am getting a bit burnned out i work full time and put in a good few hours every day on this car i think the end is near
when i took it out for a drive the clutch was perfect, dispite all the bad press here about spec 3 clutches i think its fine now i havenet opened her up but i most likly never will ..
IP: Logged
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Cant wait to see it Duane. Break in the clutch properly and you should be fine. I bought my spec3 used and it's been fine for me.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RULOOKIN:
when i took it out for a drive the clutch was perfect, dispite all the bad press here about spec 3 clutches i think its fine now i havenet opened her up but i most likly never will ..

Glad you got everything worked out but if you aren't ever going to go WOT then why the High Horsepower build?
Do you at least plan on dynoing it before she retires to the trailor.....

Great build never mind my sarcasm...I'm just pulling your timing chain.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
got things looked at today by the tuner he wasent able to do much as i havent got the exhaust done yet hopefully tomorow i was able to find 2 very small vacume leaks with Joes smoke machine i fixed them, mounted the PCM in place behind centre consol,
as for the in car tune i am hopeing for next week, and it was sugested to me by kevin the tuner to do a few pulls on his dyno to get the car dialed in realy nice so we will see i would realy just like to drive it a bit get the bugs worked out this is the first summer in almost 17 years i have been fieroless, neeedless to say i just want to drive the car
I did drive open headers to the exhaust shop the other day and people were lookin car sounded like a dragster and it was on Dundas and Dixe area at rush hour LOL tomorow i have do drive it down again its only a few blocks from the shop so hopefully no cops around will have pics of exhaust tomorow its a bit different than any one has done before and a slight trunk moddification was nesessary for it to fit but it should look good all stainless, pollished cans and 4.5inch oval tips one one each side
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
here are pics of the modification to the trunk to alow the dual mufflers on each side

a small bit off each croner approxmatly 5 inch aby 10ich lost on the bottom edges,it will be fiberglassed and once carpet is back in will look fine also had to cut a bit of the plastic iner fender

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

RULOOKIN

1157 posts
Member since Jan 2010
so first thing this morning i ripped the car down to ZOROS custom muffler and in she went it got started today so far so good it will be done tomorow ..

3inch stainless then to a Y into 2.5 out to 2 seperate mufflers the cut out will have a flange put on to direct the exhaust down to the ground not straight at the gas tank LOL
Now this is going to kill the bank account but if its done right once its a life time system and should sound aggresive
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2011 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
exhaust is done !!

pic before tips

dont have a pic with both tips but you get the idea ! the cut out has a flange aiming it to the ground
now the car idles much better right at 900 i took it for a drive she is loud but i think it sounds nice still need to get a full tune and put the trunk lid on

[This message has been edited by RULOOKIN (edited 06-14-2011).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2011 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I like the new set up, looks pretty aggressive! Good choice bud
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2011 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
thanks Chris, took 2 days for ZOROS to do it but nice work the welds are perfect and everything lines up anyone in Canada thinking of doing something like this take your car to ZOROS in mississauga to have it done they do great work !
But have your Visa ready it aint cheap !!

Going to try to get the trunk done this week and re bleed the intercooler system i had it hooked up and i can hear the pump making marble sounds ! means there is air in the system still major pain in the ASS!
Godzilla

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2011 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodzillaSend a Private Message to GodzillaDirect Link to This Post
man that thing is turning out awsome!
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2011 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
had to go to the shop today to take it for a drive,
here are some more pics of the exhaust i love it sounds amazing and the dump for the WOW ! factor
i have a small leak from my right side axle seal, now the fiero store said they will send me a new seal no charge, i bought the axle stabalizer ones and apparently you can remove just the outer rubber seal ?? this shoud be fun
car drives smooth as hell and i havent put the pedal down but she wants to go ..

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2011 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Whats the first show you're going to take her to? I gotta make sure I'm there. I want to hear this thing!
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2011 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Whats the first show you're going to take her to? I gotta make sure I'm there. I want to hear this thing!

i was realy trying to get done for Charlisle but its looking not so good i think i will drive it around here for a bit maybe hit the show in Alliston or Barrie not sure where it is but atleast if i have problems i am not far form the shop i was looking into a trailer but need to get the car finished first and get any bugs worked out she seems to be running nice now but still needs tune, if i can rent a trailer i still may go to charlisle, Chris are they still doing the wed night shows in burlington ??
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
it's come together quite nicely Duane, i like those tips & i've been to zoro's b4 too, they do good work & are well known.

can't wait to see it/hear it in person too one day soon!

enjoy it! (gently to start, lol!)
Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryDirect Link to This Post
Great job! Hope I'll be able to see it some day. NOW, it's time to cut that baby loose and let her whine. The sound of that blower screaming behind you is addicting. Have fun.

------------------
87 GT Maroon 3800SC & White Formula

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

i was realy trying to get done for Charlisle but its looking not so good i think i will drive it around here for a bit maybe hit the show in Alliston or Barrie not sure where it is but atleast if i have problems i am not far form the shop i was looking into a trailer but need to get the car finished first and get any bugs worked out she seems to be running nice now but still needs tune, if i can rent a trailer i still may go to charlisle, Chris are they still doing the wed night shows in burlington ??

Yup every wednesday at the burlington mall. Fairview St and Guelph line.

I'll be at the barrie one on the 25th as well
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Wooo !! i took it out for some fun today no codes no problems idles fine engine bay gets hot but temp on scaner says 85 all day long man what a differance in power i didnt even get my tune yet and shes quick 3rd gear is nice to pull some power , going in to get alignement tomorow and if i am lucky tune next week
here are pics of the cutting of the underside of the trunk to fiot ove rthe charger
and one curb side shot

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

That exhaust is simply bad*ss !!

Dude your car is begging for a chop. Then it would be absolutely perfect !
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
You do good work, I like it

------------------
86 Fiero 2M4 Silver, and 86 GT

gh0st

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gh0stSend a Private Message to gh0stDirect Link to This Post
I really like those wheels, what brand/model are they?
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
got alignment done today and changed the MAP sencor car drives nice and smooth even with the solid engine mount welded to the frame it feels good very soild and the vibration you dont even notice i realy didnt want a dog bone in my car,
So the car runs at 85* never above 88* everythigs seems to be working well but the under the trunk temps are up there the stainless headers seem to get very hot, i have a very small exhaust leak somewhere so i put it back up on the hoist at my shop cant seem to find it but i re tightend the header bolts might have to go back to the muffler shop to have them take a look it may even be pushing past the cut out butterfly ? i will figure it out
Now the car is not tuned and getting no codes at all and she fast as hell 1st and 2nd i take it easy still breaking in the clutch but on the HWY 3rd gear and 4th are nice and long and the pull is out of this world, well compared to my 2.8
a mustang was beside me on the hwy today the guy laughfed at me i laughfed back, droped it into 3rd ..... SEE YA !!
also crusied by the local car hang out Tim Hortons rooled in slow the opened the cut out gave it a few revs ya everyone was lookin!
Its much more fun with a bigger motor and power to back up the looks I personaly love the un dated look of the 88 fiero but was always missing something i highly recomend anyone with a the chance to do one of these swaps to GET R DONE !
I am no mechanic and i did make mistakes along the way but all in all things worked out well,
I cant wait to tune this and bring out the real power
PFF
System Bot
timgray

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post

I am no mechanic and i did make mistakes along the way but all in all things worked out well,
I cant wait to tune this and bring out the real power

Your swap... no that is not a swap, that is a piece of art.

Your piece of high performance art is second to none. It's the best looking 3800sc install I have ever seen.

Major kudos to you sir for your rolling masterpiece!
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
yeah get use to retards in mustangs..just drop a gear and wave bye bye..its fun as **** to watch there jaws drop..i had one blow by me when i pulled onto side road out in the country on a long stretch once..i was doing 60 he was at full tilt..i ran him down and blew past him in the right side lane..i was i had a camera when he watched me go past..hahahaha...ahh 3.8sc,s
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
I have to do a few cosmetic things still to get to the level of compleation i expect and in the winter i may pull it all out again and clean some things up i realy think i could do a bit better here and there but i realy want to enjoy the car this summer, the small exhaust leak i found and will fix this week ready for the show in barrie on the 25th
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Fixed the exhaust leak today and centre consol back in still trying to find a key on fuse to wire the cut out needs to have power only whern car is on ??? anyone point me in the right direction took it out for a spin i love it new and improved power a must have in any fiero, or a vette motor by Archie would be nice !!!! ( hey Archie i will be in touch soon just need to find my white 88GT T top ???)
and got the tail lights off the car for Ryan Metz (ryan they will be comming with a friend on friday down to you at the show in Charlisle sorry about the wait)

[This message has been edited by RULOOKIN (edited 06-20-2011).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Fixed the exhaust leak today and centre consol back in still trying to find a key on fuse to wire the cut out needs to have power only whern car is on ??? anyone point me in the right direction took it out for a spin i love it new and improved power a must have in any fiero, or a vette motor by Archie would be nice !!!! ( hey Archie i will be in touch soon just need to find my white 88GT T top ???)
and got the tail lights off the car for fiero john (ryan they will be comming with a friend on friday down to you at the show in Charlisle sorry about the wait)

You could probably use one of those "add a circuit" things and use the fuse for the radio or windshield wipers for power with ignition on only. I can look to see where I added mine for my scan gauge.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

You could probably use one of those "add a circuit" things and use the fuse for the radio or windshield wipers for power with ignition on only. I can look to see where I added mine for my scan gauge.

Ya this is what i want to do just run a wire off the fues i didnt even think of the radio fuse !! too much high test fumes at the shop lately , I cant resist the temtation to hear it running hey Chris you comming up to Innissfill this saturday ?? to the show
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Sweet lookin swap!! Bet she sounds incredible!! HEY, not a bad idea to post up youtube links of her sound too???

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen.... An advancement, of other
voices I came across.

S.F??, hint, it's a car manufacturer....

Do not walk infront of me, I may not follow. Do not walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend forever.
-unknown- found here: http://crystal-cure.com/love-quote.html

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Ya this is what i want to do just run a wire off the fues i didnt even think of the radio fuse !! too much high test fumes at the shop lately , I cant resist the temtation to hear it running hey Chris you comming up to Innissfill this saturday ?? to the show

Yep should be there. I don't know if other guys are going from our area, but we should cruise up there together.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

Yep should be there. I don't know if other guys are going from our area, but we should cruise up there together.

I know for sure Nick is going what time are you heading up you still have my # call me
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2011 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I think we're supposed to be there by 11, so I'll see how long it should take to get there.

Hopefully I can still make it... I have to replace another lower ball joint in the next couple of days. I think the forecast is calling for rain too

What would be a good place to meet up?
PFF
System Bot
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2011 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

I think we're supposed to be there by 11, so I'll see how long it should take to get there.

Hopefully I can still make it... I have to replace another lower ball joint in the next couple of days. I think the forecast is calling for rain too

What would be a good place to meet up?

the gas staion just above major Mac on the 400
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
27 & 7 for 9;30 am
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

27 & 7 for 9;30 am

i be there at the show but i live so close to the QEW so i am heading QEW to 427 to 400N around 10am i see you guys there save me a spot Camalots house after for a PIGGY roast
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
You should just hop off the 427 at hwy 7 and meet us at 27. Thats what I'm doing
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
finaly some good pics of my motor thanks to someone at tne show in Barrie this weekend had a great time

I will most likely be getting a tune very soon so i have been un able to see the ful potential of the motor swap but its definaltly fun to drive 4th gear is smooth as hell and still you can get on the throttle and blast past the slow pokes on the HWY
over all i am pleased with the swap and for my first time ever doing this i will continue to improve this car if these 3.8 motors were more redaly available up here with low miles or Km i think more people would do these swaps, but with most of the parts down in the USA it makes it costly and difficult, and with Canada Post going on strike you better have your cheque book ready for the Fedex man when he come knockin
i highly recomend haveing this swap done to anyone you will absolutly find a new love for your car, if you can do it your self as i did you will appreciate it even more I embarked on this juat over a year ago and so may time i was going to pack it in ,
now dont ask me what kind of money i spent on this lets just say BMWGURO, Wodenie, Fast Fieos or any one else who is doing these swaps would be much cheaper less headacks running around for parts,
Stay tuned for more to come with this car it not done yet see you guys in Michigan end of july !!
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
So i hate to say it but bottom end blew on motor this week i am in the dumps with this situaton motor is now out again, very uncertin what i will be doing with htis car i put over a year into this and countless amounts of money I realy love this car and for thoes who have seen it its a all around perfect car i am bummed out tired, disaponted, you name it I dont think i have the drive to do this swap again and it very well might go for sale needing a bottom end this car was built by me with care and extream detail i will most likely regret it if i sell it, so i will be giving this long thought before i make up up my mind what i am going to do, this is truly a beautiful car and drives so nice the L67 motor was a great upgrade, i put the best of parts in this build right down to the darel Morrre strut brace, it just sad to be in this situation.

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
What broke? What were you doing when it broke? Any KR? Running lean?

I'll put in a maximum bid in at $3,000

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.53@126.7

sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
Dont give up! Take a break, and then make it right. You'll spend forever kicking yourself if you dont.

Hang in there, we're pulling for you!
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotDirect Link to This Post
dude, you are not going to sell it. This is the third time in a month you have offered to sell me your car, then you change your mind 5 minutes later.....like the guy selling the Yellow Fiero in Miami

Just face it, you are in love with your car and once in a while you have a rocky relationship- but it is all fixable!

Those big ricer tailpipes on the other hand?? I don't know..... looks like someone is trying to overcompensate for something

Fix'er up and let's get back on the road!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock