Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  88 gt 3800SC with ZZP intercooler swap (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
88 gt 3800SC with ZZP intercooler swap by RULOOKIN
Started on: 02-07-2010 10:21 AM
Replies: 456
Last post by: OHNIKO on 12-11-2012 10:08 PM
RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
my girl friend has told me if i dont stop spending money on parts she will shoot me with her glock ! LOL ya it was loaded !
IP: Logged
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Woo my trunk cover is done , thanks Russ, looks great !!
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
more things comming in the mail !!

after tons of reading about pumps i decided to go with this EMP pump it designed for supercharged mustangs and the Ford GT its a variable speed pump brushless motor with a 10 to 20 thousand hour life span, from EMP its $450 i snaged it on ebay for 61.50 plus shipping to Canada and its brand new!!

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
here is a nice pic of my old 86 3.4L custom was at a cruise here in Ontario last weekend ! Dam she still looks as good as when i had it
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
well after seeing pics of my old 86 at a cruise i thought i would get out for the last one of the year hopeing it might be there !! Mike the new owner has taken very good care of it and has had no issues at all with the car .

And the EMP Stewart intercooler pump came in today what a nice peice, going to be mounted somewhere in the engine bay ,way to nice to hide!
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Got a used gt braw from a member in great shape

mocked up intake will route out same as 2.8 fiero out the fender not sure if i will run the MAF just of the TB or down near filter intake will be black

After a huge strugle with the custom headers, they have been put aside just too much work, So its going to be the SS WCF 1 5/8 headers
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
WCF headers = yuck!
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
MAF will hit right off the TB you will have to run it on down the line....Might as well save your money and run PEMs over the WCF unless you jsut wanna keep the exhaust in the stock location....
revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

WCF headers = yuck!

X2
ewww
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

MAF will hit right off the TB you will have to run it on down the line....Might as well save your money and run PEMs over the WCF unless you jsut wanna keep the exhaust in the stock location....

ya this is my intension to run MAF down from TB posibly half way or right after the filter, The intake is not done it will be much longer and will run out the side fender.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

RULOOKIN

1157 posts
Member since Jan 2010
be MAF will be like this, as Lody did on this engine, this is my favorite build very clean !
PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a stock manifold on there painted silver?? maybe powder coated.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Looks like a stock manifold on there painted silver?? maybe powder coated.

He is talking about the MAF location on the intake tube....The manifolds are PEMS.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
I don't think that back one is a pem. I have the same markings on my stock manifold. and look at the edges. Looks like a casting "edge" on there.
I may be wrong and I would think Loyde WOULD put them on, but to me looks like stock 3800

Steven, is it a pem or Plog? or are they two different manifolds? ( sorry RU was asking in pm's about the exhaust)

wait...pem = ported exhaust manifold?

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 11-11-2010).]

Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
PEM = ported stock exhaust manilfold
PLOG = power log = created by ZZP, I think they are 1 5/8 primaries dumped into a 2" tube that connects to a stock cross over. It has shown to kill KR pretty well. If you buy a new/used one its better to get the stainless cause every mild steal one had at least 3 cracks in it. Unless you want to take it off every 6 months and patch it in.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.53@126.7

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
i spoke with Loyd about this manifold configuation they are just stock ceramic coated,he like many of you say get stock manifolds and mayb just port them?
i know alot of you dislike the WCF headers but i have a handle on a set in SS new never used for a great price,I will see atleast the oem ones are still an option,
Realy want to run exhaust the stock 2.8 way as i had plans to run a 3inch electric dump, and cat
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2010 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
If you plan on welding up a set of your own manifolds start with TWO rear manifolds. They're welded Steel.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2010 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
WCF 1 5/8 3800 stainless headers will be in my hands tomorow !! may have to send them back to WCF for them to fab a Y pipe,i would try myself but no time and dont want to loose any more cash trying, i plan to have WCF incorperate a flex peice on the Y pipe under the TB
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Ru lookin do you plan to lower the rear at some point ?

Would make an awesome car look even sharper IMO.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Ru lookin do you plan to lower the rear at some point ?

Would make an awesome car look even sharper IMO.

the rear is lowerd by 1 inch and after the 3800 is installed it will sit a bit lower so should look realy sweet.

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

RULOOKIN

1157 posts
Member since Jan 2010
looky what we got today!!

WCF stainless headers

Rodney Dickman ultimate 5 speed shift kit ! oh ya its chrome!!

New fuel regulator from my girl friend for my birth day

Also comming very soon custom ATL bracket from PR it in the mail i have been told!

PFF
System Bot
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
http://editions.amospublish...ault.aspx?d=20101001
I cant belive this my car is in Pontiac Enthusiest Magazine page 32, October issue picture was taken this summer 2010 at the GM Nationals
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

RULOOKIN

1157 posts
Member since Jan 2010
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 04:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RULOOKIN:

http://editions.amospublish...ault.aspx?d=20101001
I cant belive this my car is in Pontiac Enthusiest Magazine page 32, October issue picture was taken this summer 2010 at the GM Nationals

Congrats on the mag picture and taking best in class!

Just thought I'd let you know that every time I see your user name and a picture of your car, I automatically say in my head (okay, sometimes audibly) "Yes, I am lookin!"
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2010 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Almost 8 months later and i got some AN fittings in black i wanted for off my fuel regulator, still sticking to my black and red theam other than that i ordered a set of decals or overlays as they call them in brushed aluminum fro the valve covers,they are made by a company in the states, , should give the appearance of a stock 2.8 valve cover
http://www.reflectiveconcepts.com/
the come in most colours here is them in blue
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
That is a familiar looking engine.

Nelson

be MAF will be like this, as Lody did on this engine, this is my favorite build very clean !

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2010 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
the overlays came in today went on nice brushed aluminum look, also installed valve breather into oil fill cap

[img]https://images.fiero.nl/2010/covers_015.jpg[/img

installed shift kit looks great in chrome, just a bit of bling here and there !

Headers should be back from WCF soon and Low mount ATL from PR maybe next week
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2010 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
got my ATL bracket today from PR looks good will give it a test fit soon, its a bit different than others he has done there is no dog bone support,not sure if i am going to powder coat this or just leave it painted, i will be makeing a engine support hidden away under the motor.
also ordered a new slave from Rodney and a FWD slave adapter with shorter rod

looking at the triangle part with the holes is mounted to the head with the hole furthest away a tensioner pully is added will have pics of it monted soon
Team Race-Tech

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post

got my ATL bracket today from PR looks good will give it a test fit soon, its a bit different than others he has done there is no dog bone support,not sure if i am going to powder coat this or just leave it painted, i will be makeing a engine support hidden away under the motor.
also ordered a new slave from Rodney and a FWD slave adapter with shorter rod

looking at the triangle part with the holes is mounted to the head with the hole furthest away a tensioner pully is added will have pics of it monted soon

WOW!!!! like that took for ever to be made...... lucky you, you shipped the parts out to him in May. I would wonder when you would have gotten this part made if he supplied the parts........... few years from now??????

rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
Duane, project is progressing nicely, nice attention to detail. Rob
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
thanks Rob hows you N* comming along ??

Got a few things in the mail this week 85 gas engine strut mounts, will be modifyed to make a solid back engine brace so no need for dog bone
new 88 oil presure sending unit from fiero store
axel seals, the better ones the fiero store sells for $85 apparently reduces axle vibration into trani bearings ??
new coolant temp sencor got on ebay 99 cents
and the ALT bracket will go for a test fit, i tried to paint it but for some reason the paint keep bubbleing ?? i will try again at the shop on saturday otherwise it wil get powdercoated
Oh by the way i got screwed again by US customs on the items i bought from the fiero store, I bought about 137.00 in parts and shipping had to pay 43.00 customs charges?????
next time i will have items sent to a friend in NY then sent here USPS Hey Jason (fierofreak) is it ok !!
PFF
System Bot
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't pass up the deal I got on the '88 Formula I just bought, the N* project is down on the list at the moment, again, no big rush. Do you still need the items you contacted me about ?
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
some pics of the work today !
oil presure sending unit on a brass 90*

axle seals

PR alt bracket no dog bone fit nice and low

custom engine brace for back side nice and solid no chance of breaking still needs a few welds and paint

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

RULOOKIN

1157 posts
Member since Jan 2010
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2010 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Just got off the phone with Chris West, header Y pipe is almost done !!
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2010 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Team Race-Tech:

WOW!!!! like that took for ever to be made...... lucky you, you shipped the parts out to him in May. I would wonder when you would have gotten this part made if he supplied the parts........... few years from now??????

Why dont you just SHUT THE HELL UP, read up a bit before running your mouth...... theres a lot to life than just making these parts THAT DONT BRING IN AN INCOME !!!! if you want to pay my bills & feed my kids, i'll be happy to make Fiero parts FOR FREE !!!!

BTW, it is MUCH harder to mate a cast aluminum piece the a thick machined aluminum piece. Since you don't have a clue how hard it is to test fit every one of these SO THEY WORK instead of crap product that holds the alt crooked & tracks the belt wrong, you can...

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 12-13-2010).]

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
My Y pipe and headers are back from WCF look good will install this weekend as well as a new slave and adapter from Rodney Dickman thanks to both of you for helping me out with shipping USPS is the way to go ..
Chris West mailed by USPS a compleate header and y pipe system only $5.00 handeling charge, Rodney mailed by USPS as well packed in small box no extra charges
will have pics saturday of headers installed, Woo cant wait ,, HEY JOE !! we got pipes
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
well its been a while since i have had time to keep working on my build been very busy with work,bathroom reno,Christmas,ect. but next week i am hopeing to get to the shop and install a few things WCF headers,Rodney FWD slave adapter and new slave with shortened push rod, also looking into a new clutch as the 4 speed one i have will not work with the 5 speed getrag still debating on which clutch to go with, also bought a new 3inch electric dump

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
So its been a while since i have got anything done on my engine but i think i have all the parts to finish it off today i got a zzp aluminum heat exchanger also my wireing is just about done and i bought a new spec 3 clutch for 5 speed now i am aiming for this summer to be ready for the road but getting hoist time for this car is difficult as i dont want to rush the install and doing it at home on the ground is not an opption, Now i wish i had bought a house rather than a condo !!! A house with a hoist !! and a pool
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I hated my QTP cutout, hope you have better luck than I did.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock