Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  88 gt 3800SC with ZZP intercooler swap (Page 10)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
88 gt 3800SC with ZZP intercooler swap by RULOOKIN
Started on: 02-07-2010 10:21 AM
Replies: 456
Last post by: OHNIKO on 12-11-2012 10:08 PM
RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rourke_87_T-Top:

I should have gotten a video of the destruction you did to the gas station's washroom, man am I ever glad you didn't do that at my house. Lol

LOL , I feel sorry for the por guy who had to clean it up ! it was not on purpose i was on serious back medication and was told to eat first and i didnt !!
Peter just kidding around, if you want to breaks i will sell them to you !! you will like them, but buy some rims first they wont fit on with less than 16 inch wheels

The end result of not following the doctors advice!!

[This message has been edited by RULOOKIN (edited 11-29-2011).]

IP: Logged
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

RULOOKIN

1157 posts
Member since Jan 2010
Got to the shop today to do some fuel PSI checks, i bought a fule presure tester and made a fitting to go on the end fuel rail, the presure at the end is the same as at FPR so everything is good to go, i may back off fuel presure to 43.5PSI right now its at 45PSI with vac 51PSI no vac

[This message has been edited by RULOOKIN (edited 11-29-2011).]

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

RULOOKIN

1157 posts
Member since Jan 2010
got my new stereo ordered with plug and play wireing harness, I am trying to keep things looking as stock as posible inside the car,
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
...On the Run, lol

[This message has been edited by rourke_87_T-Top (edited 11-29-2011).]

rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

1347 posts
Member since Jan 2009
Stupid Ipad

[This message has been edited by rourke_87_T-Top (edited 11-29-2011).]

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
LUV IT!!!

what a nice, classy, mean, clean car.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by OHNIKO:

LUV IT!!!

what a nice, classy, mean, clean car.

Thanks Nick !! been alot of work, and busted nuckles to get this car right! how is your 3800 doing ? if you need any help with it let me know
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsDirect Link to This Post
Car looks hot, nice choice on the radio I just went the same route. Also picked up a sweet iPhone/iPod adapter that plugs right in and can be controlled by the radio for under $100. Not a bad deal considering it was a $1100 option on my wives car.....

------------------

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/087461.html

hammer18

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hammer18Send a Private Message to hammer18Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

You got a build thread? I am going turbo too and like to compare notes.

No build thread i have tons of pictures and will answer any question you want though, im pm'd you.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
RULOOKIN !! has been Overkilled !! took the car for a tune today by Will from Overkill Tuneing he specializes in 3800 platfrom tunes here in Canada things went well changed the spark advance to 27.5 and fuel trims are perfect zero wasent able to open her up as the motor still need to be broken in but i am definatly getting better fuel mileage now, and we took it to 3Lbs of boost car is running perfect, approximatly 300miles on new motor now, and its getting dam cold up here, snow is on its way so i will put the car to bed till next year!

time to do some bowling and stay warm!!

[This message has been edited by RULOOKIN (edited 12-02-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Was able to get a E Test yesterday and here are the results for cars here in Canada you will be classed as a hot rod (any engine swap) so many of the manditory things such as EGR system,Pcv system, ect are N/A ( non applicable) and the allowances are greatly increaced

My car currently sits with 50,142 miles on it 342 miles on new motor !!
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RULOOKIN:

Thanks Nick !! been alot of work, and busted nuckles to get this car right! how is your 3800 doing ? if you need any help with it let me know

yup, lotsa swearing huh??? i can imagine. good to know re the tuning & the e-test stuff...bonus!...mind you, mine's an "85"!

i'll probably take you up on that offer if need be next season, didn't have time to do much at all for her this past summer bummer...too much bowling around here!!!

be well Duane!

[This message has been edited by OHNIKO (edited 12-02-2011).]

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
WOW !! 1 week from Christmas no snow and yesterday it was 14* here in Mississauga but raining ! so today i got the car out for some more break in miles a few weeks ago i increased the tensioner pully size on the SC belt as i was getting a bit of belt slip and also re gapped the plugs to 40 tho car is smooth running about 600miles on it now, no codes leaks,or any issues yet !
been reading alot about the F23 trans swap so i found one local with 94,000KM will be saving this untill someone fabs the proper mounts looks like the cables,and HOTB adapter are available anyone with some good CAD skills interested in drawing up the mounts ?? If so Rodney Dickman is interested in produceing them but needs something to work off of
I can see it now another amazing item from Rodney Dickman!!

Can i say first in line........
JSzpotek

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSzpotekSend a Private Message to JSzpotekDirect Link to This Post
Snow just hit Ottawa last night! I'm sure theres some coming your way by now

WOW !! 1 week from Christmas no snow and yesterday it was 14* here in Mississauga but raining ! so today i got the car out for some more break in miles a few weeks ago i increased the tensioner pully size on the SC belt as i was getting a bit of belt slip and also re gapped the plugs to 40 tho car is smooth running about 600miles on it now, no codes leaks,or any issues yet !
been reading alot about the F23 trans swap so i found one local with 94,000KM will be saving this untill someone fabs the proper mounts looks like the cables,and HOTB adapter are available anyone with some good CAD skills interested in drawing up the mounts ?? If so Rodney Dickman is interested in produceing them but needs something to work off of
I can see it now another amazing item from Rodney Dickman!!

Can i say first in line........

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

got my new stereo ordered with plug and play wireing harness, I am trying to keep things looking as stock as posible inside the car,

Just installed the same unit but made up the harness. Its used on Grand Ams, Trans Am's and other GM cars in late 80's to mid 90's. Looks great, is a direct fit and the sound is improved. Also lights up in the same colors as the dash lights.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
I know a few of you are going to like this!! I was looking for a MP112 for years after seeing Purple Regins car with one these are very hard to find and sure enughf shortly after finishing my build one is avialable, sucks to be me any one wanting to build a ultimate 3800sc this is the charger you want and it has a intercooler built into it, if you look closely there are no bolts holding the MP112 to the intercooler they are inside hidden, so the SC and intercooler are one peice amazing !!!

this is for sale on club GP with port matched LIM and LS1 TB
http://www.clubgp.com/newfo...&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

[This message has been edited by RULOOKIN (edited 12-17-2011).]

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
How much?
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

... this is the charger you want and it has a intercooler built into it, if you look closely there are no bolts holding the MP112 to the intercooler they are inside hidden, so the SC and intercooler are one peice amazing !!!

I'm not too sure about this one as I would go Gen V instead better yet ... Fuk dat go Turbo.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
I guess it personal preferance ! But i love the look of a Super charged with a 3800 platform if i were to build another motor it would definatly be with a M112 untill i understand the inner workings of a turbo ,this M112 if done right, painted red super clean install, little bit of bling here and there would be a show stopper for sure anyone have pics of PR (purple regins) car !
i am working out a deal on this one but the dam shipping is killing the deal I belive its in Texas somewhere i shipped a SC compleate within canada before wasent too bad but this cross border shopping realy doesnt leave much room to bargan with after shipping
I have a friend at my shop currently building a 3800 with a holden custom intake built by ZZP same as there 900HP race car he will be going turbo,
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
That 112 blower might make an extra 20hp....

I would throw a 150 shot and some crappy race gas in the tank well before messing with something like that.
PFF
System Bot
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
duane drop me your email addy i have some pics of that old blower you might wanna see...but you cant show anyone else...lol...tim
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2011 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
well i finaly got some half decent pics of the motor its a bit dusty

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2011 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Yeah looks real dusty in there Duane! What a disaster! lol

Just kidding, looks great! Makes me want to give mine a good cleaning.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2011 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Yeah looks real dusty in there Duane! What a disaster! lol

Just kidding, looks great! Makes me want to give mine a good cleaning.

Thanks Chris !! I can see this being a choir to clean as i am not a big fan of powerwashing engine bays ! Any progress on your turbo set up ?
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2011 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
No problem, and not really much progress lately. Just been enjoying the holidays!
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
had to buy it !! and aluminum valve covers

blower is compleate with new cupler rotor pack and rebuilt snout still needs a bit of polishing but looks pretty good Oh and the silencers are blocked so this one should wine like a stuffed pig

[This message has been edited by RULOOKIN (edited 01-02-2012).]

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2012 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Got my new OEM pontiac stereo instaled looks great, fits stock location perfectly and has the same 80s 90s look as the rest of my Buck Rogers interior LOL..

Was haveing a issues with a slight misfire under boost, problem solved !! new ICM car is bullet fast now no snow here in Toronto so maybe get out for a drive this week, it sucked haveing the misifire now the car runs like snot !!

here are some pic of some super clean motor builds done by a friend Jason he does custom polishing ,for anyone looking to do something like this he is one of the best !

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2012 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
wow! can i get a ride?
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2012 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Going to pick up Brisk glo15 plugs today and 4 core custom wires with life time warenty any one heard bad things about the brisk plugs also going for a 2nd tune not WOT yet but going to push it a bit more,
Car is so much more responsive with the new ICM and we have been getting lucky with the weather up here still no snow and roads are not salty at all 6* today going for a cruise,

Nick you off work today want to come, bring a extra pair of underware !!
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2012 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post

Going to pick up Brisk glo15 plugs today and 4 core custom wires with life time warenty any one heard bad things about the brisk plugs also going for a 2nd tune not WOT yet but going to push it a bit more,
Car is so much more responsive with the new ICM and we have been getting lucky with the weather up here still no snow and roads are not salty at all 6* today going for a cruise,

Nick you off work today want to come, bring a extra pair of underware !!

crap, lol...notvailable til thurs or fri but calling for precip then, shucks

PFF
System Bot
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2012 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Been working on a few things lately, repositioned the rodney dickman dual trunk lid strut kit, had to drill and tap new holes to mount the strut back a inch and a half from stock location and drill new piviot point on trunk lid, looks realy good had to upgrade to stronger gas struts but look so much better than a stick holding up my trunk, and with the new struts no chance of wind blowing the trunk closed pics soon
Also had a custom AC line made utilizing most of the 2.8 line very nice peice $90 bucks at a compresion fitting shop!
I am useing stock 88 compressor

as you can see in last pic the lines come apart for easy instalation and have special fitting that once they are tightend up the a air tight specificly fro AC systems
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Got the new AC lines in was a bit of work to get it right, it was hitting my cut out on the exhaust but i was able to get it right would have been imposible to do if the lines didnt come apart, and the fittings allowed the lines to rotate as it went into place then tightened up everything after ! hope it dont leak !!

Here are pics of how i incorperated the rodney trunk strut kit into my build, with the intercooler the SC sits much higher and the origional way to install the struts will hit the snout and the intake on the other side .

once summer returns i will have the holes i needed to cut for clearance re fiberglassed and painted
this weekend i may tackle the axel seals, Yes still leaking i put TFS axel bearing seals in last year, nothing but problems replaced the rubber seals 2 times now! not doing it again so back to stock seals .
I got a blind hole bearing puller kit on loan so should make for a easier job ?? ( its a collet on a slide hammer)
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2012 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
My blower has been replaced with a new built one with ZZP port job silencer ports blocked 50mm inlet fro my N* TB and i used my snout with new bearings installed the old ones were shot sounded bad like a water pump was gone !

I am very picky when it comes to perfection and this repaint and reasembley of this blower is the best i can possibly do !
port job

i used the plenum bolts from my 2.8 on the snout for added bling !
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2012 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

RULOOKIN

1157 posts
Member since Jan 2010
As a proud owner of Fieros for a very long time, and with my current project almost compleate, I am looking at a new car, My fiero will be mine for shows and the occasional cruise but i have always wanted a Corvette so this is what i am looking at for the near future ither a 2003 anniversary or a 2005 contvertable !

As Jay Lenno would say " you can beat on it all day ! and she will still run "

[This message has been edited by RULOOKIN (edited 01-29-2012).]

my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
How is the build going ,are u all done?

Ps did u looked @ the clearance between cranck and the double roller hub?
Becouse when i did mine the chain was hitting the cranck shaft and had to
Take à bit of my cranck and second
My roller hub did NOT got the same angle as the cranck so if i had done nothing about it than the hub can or will break

I'l post à link from an other site who had this problem
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post

my pride

300 posts
Member since Jan 2004
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Well i installed my dubble with 2 gaskets and the machined pump cover so no issues yet but i have heard the same thing from some other guys about this problem as the chains were made for the holden cars and not a L67 !
So far so good no issues with new motor all done looks sweet and its fast have axle seals to do and a full tune and i am all done, Looking to buy a corvette but will keep my Fiero I love it

Originally posted by my pride:

How is the build going ,are u all done?

Ps did u looked @ the clearance between cranck and the double roller hub?
Becouse when i did mine the chain was hitting the cranck shaft and had to
Take à bit of my cranck and second
My roller hub did NOT got the same angle as the cranck so if i had done nothing about it than the hub can or will break

I'l post à link from an other site who had this problem

[This message has been edited by RULOOKIN (edited 02-12-2012).]

my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear , one thing though wat happend with the last Engine wy did it break.was it because of the flyweel with the spec clutch That caused it and did u got axial on the cranckshaft with the transmission mounted?
A lot of questions sorry for that but i got the same build in progress and i don't want to mess it up since i don't got à spare engine here in The netherlands

I line bored the engine crank and honed the cylinders got à XP-hot cam with double chain and ported heads with 130# springs and better hydrolic lifters that wont float up to 7000 rpm.
and i hope to get it run in a few weeks
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
Get a C6Z, if you can't afford it right now it will be worth the wait.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay