Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  88 gt 3800SC with ZZP intercooler swap (Page 11)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
88 gt 3800SC with ZZP intercooler swap by RULOOKIN
Started on: 02-07-2010 10:21 AM
Replies: 456
Last post by: OHNIKO on 12-11-2012 10:08 PM
RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2012 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Yes Justin the new 2011 or 12 would be nice but i will settle for a 05 06 convertable just in my price range i still love messing with the fiero so dont realy want a 1100 dollar car payment,plus INS aint cheap on a vette I am almost 40 years old and still 214 a month lucky the fiero is insured by Silver Wheels and i only pay 185 a year !!

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Get a C6Z, if you can't afford it right now it will be worth the wait.

IP: Logged
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Its been a strugle with this motor swap but i think i got it right now !!! Full tune was done today Yes in mid Feb in Canada if you can belive it !! was able to rest fan on off temps, and get out for a WOT HWY tune with Wide band O2 reading was pussing the car harder than i would ever drive it again 5200RPM zero Knock !!! 5th gear WOW was it fun no leaks everythng seem to be Ok we also got a cruiseing spark advance where it should and fuel trims are dead on 0 so all in all i hope to get a bit better fuel mileage and i know this car can handle more power than we through at it today !

Car is super fast and after all the BS i went through with te last 2 motors I finaly can enjoy my car again !
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Well added a new toy to my collection !! bought it today 2005 corvette C5 Z51 got it for a good price 1 owner 30,oookm more fun in the sun toys !!
I havent told my girlfrind yet LOL
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RULOOKIN:

Well added a new toy to my collection !! bought it today 2005 corvette C5 Z51 got it for a good price 1 owner 30,oookm more fun in the sun toys !!

Congrats on the new ride and getting the fiero dialed in.

You should join the corvette guys for the hot dog runs into downtown toronto this summer
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Afraid she wont like the color or something?
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Yea it's not pink.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post

Nice Corvette Duane...

BTW, that's a C6 from my knowledge...

Have fun...

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. All original.

Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
It's actually a C5 1/2. I think its a c6 front end and c5 rear. The C6 started in 2006.

http://www.motortrend.com/r...tte_z51/viewall.html

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 03-04-2012).]

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Ya might be a C6 Its a 2005 should be picking it up on Wed and its going to be 9* out I am still doing little ods and ends to finish off my fiero then it will come home and put away in my underground, I will bring it out for shows and cruise days, looking forward to 30th anniversary should be attending !!!
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
needed a slower car to keep the cops off your back Duane...lol...nice vette..good score!!
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2012 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
As life changes so do the cars we drive ! I had a great time with both my Fieros, and have met many new friends over the years at shows and events all over the place, i know this car is absoultly perfect now, I will not be posting in the mall or any other outlets i personaly would like to see this car remain in Canada and also to someone who has actualy seen the car in person I am not going to even put a price here but i am not just letting it go, do your home work on this !
With most shops doing these 3800 swaps being so busy, and with summer here early this year, this car is ready to go !!!

PLEASE !!!! dont make this a hate on thread or a insult to me about what you might think this car is worth, I know it may take a long time to find a buyer for this car but this car compares to SKITIMES car and his sold for good money ( do your home work i am looking to get close to the same price as Skitimes)

I am just putting it out there for some lucky guy or girl to own a prestine car ,well documented build, magazine, and trophy car, this car is a real head turner and would trust it to drive anywhere, there are just under 800 miles on the fully tuned build and 51,000miles on the compleatly rust free E tested legal 88 Fiero

http://www.youtube.com/watc...X7ezfg&feature=feedu

To any one seriously interested and to all my friends out there here is my e mail duane.66@hotmail.com Stay in touch its been fun !!

[This message has been edited by RULOOKIN (edited 03-23-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2012 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Hate to see you sell it after all of that work! Someone will be getting a nice car. Good luck with the sale Duane. I'll see you around the Corvette shows
Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2012 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzDirect Link to This Post
im gonna use this thread to do my 3800 build hope you dont mind!
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2012 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
I finaly got around to removeing the fiero store axle seal bearings as they are garbage !!! Had noting but leaks from them and have heard lots of guys with the same issue, These are a big pain in the ass to remove unlike stock transmision axle seals, This took almost all day to do and replaced them with stock ones and guess what no more leaks !!
Anyone looking into the axle seal bearings i would say dont do it they will leak very soon after they are installed
Also changed out the DOT3 fluid to DOT4 in my slave and master

Took the car out today for a good run, turning heads as i blow past people on the HWY make me LOL car realy drives super smooth it is tune to go WOT or close to it but i enjoy driving it so people can see it, too be honest i think it gets more looks than my Vette,
Rulookin will be comming home next week i have been renting space at a shop for a year now and May is my last month
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2012 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

I finaly got around to removeing the fiero store axle seal bearings as they are garbage !!! Had noting but leaks from them and have heard lots of guys with the same issue, These are a big pain in the ass to remove unlike stock transmision axle seals, This took almost all day to do and replaced them with stock ones and guess what no more leaks !!
Anyone looking into the axle seal bearings i would say dont do it they will leak very soon after they are installed
Also changed out the DOT3 fluid to DOT4 in my slave and master

Took the car out today for a good run, turning heads as i blow past people on the HWY make me LOL car realy drives super smooth it is tune to go WOT or close to it but i enjoy driving it so people can see it, too be honest i think it gets more looks than my Vette,
Rulookin will be comming home next week i have been renting space at a shop for a year now and May is my last month

I guarantee you will get more looks with the fiero. No offense, but there is a vette on every corner. Almost as common as civics anymore.

You don't see a fiero very often, and many people don't even know what they are.
Charlie64

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2012 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
I guarantee you will get more looks with the fiero. No offense, but there is a vette on every corner. Almost as common as civics anymore.

You don't see a fiero very often, and many people don't even know what they are.

So true. I pulled into a gas station and two guys were intrigued by my car. When I told them it was a Fiero they acutally said "who makes that Lotus or Ferrari?".

------------------
There's no such thing as too much power!

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2012 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Bro that car is sick looking nice job !!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2012 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Bro that car is sick looking nice job !!

If you like it now, wait until he gets his new wheels he has ordered.

Car is going to be off the charts !
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-...e-W0QQAdIdZ377312181

no room for the toys and realy want to buy a ZO6 corvette !!
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
good luck with the sale...i thought u alreaedy got a zo6? or was it a c5?
sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear you're selling one of my favorite Fieros! If I had the cash I'd take it home tomorrow. Good luck with the sale!

What did you decide to do for wheels? I heard a rumour you had something on the way. I'm still looking for a staggered setup for my car - wondering what you settled on.

Thanks!
Rich
PFF
System Bot
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

good luck with the sale...i thought u alreaedy got a zo6? or was it a c5?

I bought a C6 Z51 car but now i want a ZO6 brand new !!!
this is my new vette but i realy want a orange 2011 ZO6 brand new carbon fiber edition

[This message has been edited by RULOOKIN (edited 05-12-2012).]

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
Do. it.
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post

I bought a C6 Z51 car but now i want a ZO6 brand new !!!
this is my new vette but i realy want a orange 2011 ZO6 brand new carbon fiber edition

sweet! sorry to hear you'll be fieroless, but the new acquisition should help
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2012 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
these are profesional photos of my car last week

[This message has been edited by RULOOKIN (edited 06-03-2012).]

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2012 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post

RULOOKIN

1157 posts
Member since Jan 2010
Now today i went to the biggest show opener here in Toronto called the CSCA Show and shine!!

Hands down Canadian Girl are hot as hell !!!!

Oh and I could not belive it when i heard my name called no way did i think i would win anything at this show !!

1st Place Pontiac beat out fully modified Solctices GTPs,and othe pontacs it was a shock and my Dad was with me he couldent belive it !!

[This message has been edited by RULOOKIN (edited 06-03-2012).]

rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2012 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2012 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Great Pic Rob !! My dad is realy proud of what i did to this car and its nice to see him enjoy it with me !!
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
NICE! well deserved & glad you had a gr8 time with your dad, those are timeless moments!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Nice Duane, congrats.
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2012 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
OK its offcial RULOOKIN will be at Charlise rain or shine !! Just got confirmation on a inclosed 24 foot trailer so see you all there keeping my fingers crossed for nice weather like 2010 ...!!
She is plenty road worthy, but i had to drive home in the rain in 2010 and it sucks !! NO RAIN PLEASE !!!
PFF
System Bot
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post

OK its offcial RULOOKIN will be at Charlise rain or shine !! Just got confirmation on a inclosed 24 foot trailer so see you all there keeping my fingers crossed for nice weather like 2010 ...!!
She is plenty road worthy, but i had to drive home in the rain in 2010 and it sucks !! NO RAIN PLEASE !!!

LOL, have fun & wish i could join ya; i'm out of the game til at least end of July

still wanna see your car in person again though

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2012 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Took her out for a spin today !! Car started right up and great fun blasting down the HWY Still a very fun car to drive and runs perfectly !! here are some recent pics of RULOOKIN !

I have been out of the loop for a while and felt i needed to give my Fiero some attention she was lookin sad under her cover !!
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
HELLO Everyone !! I am still enjoying my car no issues other than the QTP Cut out has crapped out easy fix !!! car runs so well its a bit heavy on the gas but i guess its to be expected with all the mods ?
BY the way I may be modding in the winter i am trying to find a MP112 blower set up I missed out on one a while back with intercooler Ls1 TB and LIM to match so i have put the word out on club gp looking for another one they are very rare i only know one other fireo with this blower on it ( PURPLREGIN) very nice set up !

sorry turbo guys i like the sound of a SC way better than a turbo BOV !!!
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2012 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
hey Duane!

what's the qtp?

the 112 is the gen 5 blower , correct?

i did something today to my Fiero I haven't done in a looong time...i drove her good!

be well!
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2012 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

hey Duane!

what's the qtp?

the 112 is the gen 5 blower , correct?

i did something today to my Fiero I haven't done in a looong time...i drove her good!

be well!

QTP is an electronic exhaust cut out before the muffler. I'm pretty sure the 112 is a completely different supercharger that came on Cobras??

Car looks great Duane! How difficult is the 112 swap? Does it need an adapter or custom manifold to bolt to?
------------------

My turbo build

[This message has been edited by ConvictedRedneck (edited 10-02-2012).]

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2012 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
The M112 isn't that big of an upgrade to justify the work imo. If you must stay supercharged you should go with a larger Whipple.

You are talking about the supercharger that came on the cobra's right?

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 10-02-2012).]

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Well boys RULOOKIN was SOLD and delivered today the new oner is very happy with the car i am happy i got my asking price 15,000 car was sold as is ! so i droped 500 off the price,
TRhe car is still in Canada and not to far from me its in a heated garge and will not be driven new owner wants to keep it locked up under a cover I am sure he will take it out once and a while, so I am not yet feeling FIERO withdrawl, I honestly was more worried about something happening to the car in my underground now the car is in a safe garage, I know the new owner very well he and his wife know they bought a very nice machine we were back and forth with price for the last few weeks but i took the as is $15,000 and can look forward to next summer tradeing my 05 Corvette in on a 09 Z06 Corvette I cant wait !!

I know it has not all set in yet that my car is actualy gone but i can sleep much better tonight with no worries about damage to my car I will still be on and off here loking and chimeing in once and a while

I owned Fieros for over 20 years and had fun building my latest one,meeting many new friends over the years,

I hand delivered the car today and snapped this photo in the garage before i left .........

sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all you brought to the Fiero community! Best wishes for whatever is next for you!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
At least you have good taste in cars. 09 Z06 will be awesome!

We'll have to get the vettes together sometime.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock