Started on: 02-22-2007 06:46 AM
Replies: 392
Last post by: chrisgtp on 09-20-2007 08:07 AM
RideZiLightning

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
I am producing custom seat covers. These are not covers but replacements for the original fiero seat upholstery. I offer vinyl, leather, naugahyde and fabric seat covers and can make them two toned with whatever colors you request. At present they will be the same style as the '85 seat covers but will change soon as I get new patterns printed. Included will be detailed instructions, extra foam, hog ring pliers, hog rings, and spray adhesive. Prices are set at $350 for vinyl/naugahyde/fabric and $400 for leather. Discounts will be made for multiple orders and if you send me your original seats I will refund you an amount of what you paid depending on condition. I guarantee the seat covers will be extremely well made and will fit and look as though they came from the factory.

I can also just repair your existing seats. When I'm ready to go, just send me some pictures of the damage w/ what you would like me to do and we can discuss a price.

I will give the discounts from old seats once I have recieved them. So you pay full price at time of order, but agreed amount is returned upon arrival of old seat covers.

I'm going to be doing an intro price so I can get the word out about the seats quicker. I will take three orders this week and all of them will be $275. Does not include leather upholstery.

Seats will be shipped no later than 1 week after payment is made. I will take pictures of seats upon completion and post them here.

Go to garysupholstery.com to see what I offer. Post or PM what color and material numbers you would like.

[This message has been edited by RideZiLightning (edited 02-24-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Interested.

I must warn you, MrMike has quite the reputation for producing fantastic seat covers. If I was to purchase yours I might feel like I am betraying one of the great Fiero aftermarket vendors. Will custom embroidering be an option with yours? Receiving a discount on trading old for new is a great idea. I could greatly benefit from that.
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
I know MrMike has a wonderful reputation and he does make great seats, but it is a bit too pricey right now. I have the ability to do custom logos and embroidering also.
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
I understand the pricing issue COMPLETELY. We could all use a good product at great prices. Best of luck to you and perhaps we can do business soon.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Competition is good. I like it myself, give me somewhere to send junk I dont want to mess with. j/k. If for example you already have enough work to keep busy, nice to have someone else around to take up slack. In my dodge club, there are 3 different LED tail light makers. There all on a friendly basis, help each other with problems, and each has its own unique features and everyones happy.
FieroAngel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAngelSend a Private Message to FieroAngelDirect Link to This Post
I am interested cause you are making custom fabric seats. I dont like leather and I want purple fabric seats to go in my purple fiero

------------------

RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
One thing I wanna add is that I suggest naugahyde. It feels and looks great and will last much longer than the others. I'm done.
85_Fiero_2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
If people were to send you Indy seat covers would you be able to replace that side bolstlers and save the centers?
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
I can replace any piece of the seat. So, yes, I can do that no problem.
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
You have my attention.

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the Indy seats are a big plus if you use a good quality dyed-through leather. Would you also be able to do the shift knob, steering wheel and armrests on an Indy? To me, saving the inserts on the Indy seats is a must. I'm trying to keep things original looking on mine.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

Relax! You've managed to suck all of the fun out of the room.

PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering where the difference in price comes from, I can't imagine MrMikes is giving these things away and material costs must be similar so somethings gotta give somewhere.
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
I would like to get a sample of the leather you use if possible. But I also would like to know if you could redo a set of seatbelts in black?

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

Relax! You've managed to suck all of the fun out of the room.

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Post pics ASAP. Very interested. Those prices are withing my expense range.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I also highly recommend Naugahyde over any vinyl or authentic leather. I had them in my kit for 8+ years and still cleaned up like new in a very light tan. I also put 100K on them.
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
I should have pics by tomorrow. I sold my last pair to a local guy so I need to make some new ones before I can take pictures. The price difference comes from my labor being cheaper. I have another job and free time so I don't need to jack up my price real high. I bet some people people remember when MrMikes' seats used to be inexpensive also.
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post

RideZiLightning

1540 posts
Member since Jul 2006
Price change. It makes me no less or more money to use leather over the others but seriously, anyone considering leather should think again. It will not last as long and you can barely tell the difference. And with the 3 sets I have already sold locally, all of them couldnt believe the quality of the naugahyde and how good it looked and felt.
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Prices are real reasonable for my DD. Looking forward to seeing what you can do.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info. I always fancied a set of Mr Mikes then when I looked it was like holy ***! Looking forward to some pics and feedback from others. I'm sure you'll find plenty of takers on here, wonder if the wife will notice if a spend four hundred bucks !

------------------
Dave E

www.ltlfrari.com

psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
I am WAY in! Id also love a set of Mr. Mikes but just cannot spend that kind of dough for something to put my cheaks on! lol
FieroJones

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonesSend a Private Message to FieroJonesDirect Link to This Post
I bought 3 sets of Mr Mikes years ago. I went to get another set this year, and my eyes almost bugged out. His seats were always amazing, but they are now completely out of my price range. I am very interested in new seats for the Fiero. Do you use Leather on the seating surfaces, and then vinyl everywhere else?

FYI: Dying your seatbelts is very easy. Just go get some RITT dye, and do it yourself. Or, most local shops can replace the fabric in your current assemblies with black.
PFF
System Bot
tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tDirect Link to This Post
Would you be interested in doing a set of aftermarket seats? I have a set that I want a differant color but the local shop wanted $600 a seat to redo them. I could send the skins to you and you could make a pattern and then send me the new ones back. Let me know. Thanks
squisher86SE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for squisher86SESend a Private Message to squisher86SEDirect Link to This Post
I'll be keeping this thread handy, I need new covers too, and Mr.Mikes are GORGEOUS, but way too much for me right now.
fiero815

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero815Click Here to visit fiero815's HomePageSend a Private Message to fiero815Direct Link to This Post
Where's the line form? Can't wait for the pics.
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Tuner2m6t, ya I can do other seats also. Just send me the skins and I can make them up for you.
tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tDirect Link to This Post
Would they be the same price and when can you do them?
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
They would most likely be the same price, possibly $25 or less. Depending on how much more material they might take over the fiero seats.
tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tDirect Link to This Post
Well as soon as you get some pics of your work we can work out a deal.
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested, im over in Walla Walla. I was thinking some type of suede seat ? ? ?
but naugahyde sounds promising.
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
I did this after I got home from work today and haven't had much more than about 4 hours into it so it still needs its foam, hogrings, center stitch and bottom trim. Should still be a pretty good example though.

larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tDirect Link to This Post
Looks good and we will be doing business in the future. I can get you a few more people to for some seats.
Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
Wow..looks good!!! Price is great! Can you list all your colors, maybe sample of different material's grain?

[This message has been edited by Joe Torma (edited 02-23-2007).]

RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget that the seats will look better than that since it wasn't the finished product. All those wrinkles you see will certainly not be present.

I have alot of different materials and colors so taking sample shots would be time consuming. Best way to show me what you want is to go to http://www.garysupholstery.com find what you want and pm me a link to it. Then I will take samples of what I have that is a close match to what you want.

Taking orders now. PM me

[This message has been edited by RideZiLightning (edited 02-23-2007).]

fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post
kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
I saw you said two-tone, but is there any additional cost for that? How varied are the colors you can do (ie, simple primary colors, or any shade I can find a paint chip for?) I agree with the others, those look good and the price is great. This naugahyde, do you have to peel yourself out of it in the summer, and is it freezing in the winter like leather?
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Ooooh Aaahhh! Very nice indeed. We will be talking soon. I have to remember that I am building a project and first things first. You are going to make a lot of people very happy with these seats.

[This message has been edited by Jarhead 2m4 (edited 02-23-2007).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero community needs an alterantive to Mr. Mikes seats. Great stuff but price a leather interior for a Chrysler 300 and you can buy one for $500 for both front and rear seats- and they are much larger than the Fiero seats. Mr. Mike charges $500 -$600 for upholstery for only the front two bucket seats. Mr Mike knows that he is the only game in town right now and seems to charge accordingly. Let's see what this forum member comes up with?

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo- 0-60 5.2 seconds -Best
Engine Controls, ECM goodies, Chip
re-programming & odd electronics stuff

Mike OHIO

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post
competition is good for consumers.

I still need a 100% finished product with more detailed pics to base my judgment on quality.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
Interested. Would you be able to provide 4 point harness slots like Mr. Mike's?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock