Started on: 02-22-2007 06:46 AM
Replies: 392
Last post by: chrisgtp on 09-20-2007 08:07 AM
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I gotta get ready for this Now to get some color combos together with the wife.

Brad
IP: Logged
RideZiLightning

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:

i have an 84 and would like to retain the speaker seats. do you have any with good speakers or would i be better off sending you mine and having you recover them? also what would the turn around be once you receive the seats? any idea what shipping would be from 64029?

i really like your work and am tired of messing around with cheap seat covers.

I'm really confused by this. Like really, what do you mean? I can provide seats covers with speaker holes punched, ship to you, and then YOU put them on and install new speakers.
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RideZiLightning:

I'm really confused by this. Like really, what do you mean? I can provide seats covers with speaker holes punched, ship to you, and then YOU put them on and install new speakers.

ah sorry my bad. i thought you were recovering them. (i get confused easily)
atleastitruns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for atleastitrunsSend a Private Message to atleastitrunsDirect Link to This Post
Good job on those seats. They look amazing!

Janell

[This message has been edited by atleastitruns (edited 03-08-2007).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
RideZiLightning, love your work.

Do you have pics of what the foam for the side bolsters look like?
Are you going to carry different patterns on the leather?
What colors would be available for the stitching?
Also let me know if my suggestions I had in my last post would be possible on the seats (page 2 in this thread).

-M
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Austrian, I already answered your questions a few posts after. Patterns on leather? Grain? Any color thread is no problem, except you'll never really see it, all the stitches are on the inside.

I took a bolster apart just for you No, its from my first set that I used to make my patterns.

RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
My new little helper...

sostock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post

My new little helper...

that's just what i'm looking for! how many would it take to cover two seats?

i'm still going to buy your product. i need to look at your fabrics and see what would match up best to my headliner.

cute puppy. what is he/she?

RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
He's a corgi. He's only 8 weeks so his ears arent up yet but man is he a cute little guy. Since I didn't get my last order, next person to order gets the discount.
sostock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 04:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
perhaps you can help me. i wish that i had some better pics but i'm still at work. the last pic shows my headliner. it was some cheap stuff that i pu from a craft store. it has a little grain leather texture to it. not much but a little. its pure black. its pretty flat but a little gloss to it. can you suggest what would best match it?

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060206-1-053523.html
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 04:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
If you want to match your car, I'd go with something like this...

Both naugahyde
PFF
System Bot
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2007 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Well, I have bad news. Last night I was at my friend Brads house and his balcony collapsed with me on it. I broke my left ulna and dislocated my right shoulder, so your guys' seats are gunna take a bit longer to finish up now. I'm gunna try and convince my Mom to do the rest, but if she won't then they probably won't go out until the end of this week. I apologize for the delay guys.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2007 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

He's a corgi. He's only 8 weeks so his ears arent up yet but man is he a cute little guy. Since I didn't get my last order, next person to order gets the discount.

I got a corgi very smart dogs and love food good thing is they will eat anything and not so fussy.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2007 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Yes, the Indy seats are a big plus if you use a good quality dyed-through leather. Would you also be able to do the shift knob, steering wheel and armrests on an Indy? To me, saving the inserts on the Indy seats is a must. I'm trying to keep things original looking on mine.

I didn't see an answer to this question... a Full Indy interior restoration package would be very nice. You would get a bunch of business from this forum.
mrjohnishome

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2007 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrjohnishomeSend a Private Message to mrjohnishomeDirect Link to This Post
If you have one more order that can get the discount, I will order some. I can pay Friday. PM me with info if you like.
Nick
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2007 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Right now, I am only doing seats. Eventually I will get around to doing a whole package but it will be a while. There is one spot left. PM me
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2007 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post

RideZiLightning

1540 posts
Member since Jul 2006
Whoops

[This message has been edited by RideZiLightning (edited 03-11-2007).]

kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2007 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
Cute puppy Hope your recovery goes smoothly. Your stuff looks great, can't wait for the day when I can get mine done
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2007 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Someone contacted me asking why it seems I waited until the last minute to finish everything. I am 18, I work full time at a machine shop, I go to school, and do online courses. I have 3 hours or less of free time every day when I get home. It takes about 12-14 hours to do a pair of seats. So when I have a weekend, I will be working to finish orders. So when something like this happens it kinda ruins the whole thing. It is a good thing that I've always typed with one hand though
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2007 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
TXGOOD, I have pics of your seats as they are now. Chris, I'm gunna finish the last stitch backing on yours and post them in an hour or so. Australian, I sent yours out yesterday to get them treated so nothing for now, sorry. I'm sorry they aren't further guys but I can only work so fast now. I should have all three of yours done by Friday at the latest.

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2007 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Austrian, I already answered your questions a few posts after. Patterns on leather? Grain? Any color thread is no problem, except you'll never really see it, all the stitches are on the inside.

I took a bolster apart just for you No, its from my first set that I used to make my patterns.

Oh ok, thanks.
I'm sorry, that was a bit unclear. I've meant different patterns on the seats. Hopefully those pictures explain it:
http://www.autointeriorstyl.../convertable_red.jpg
http://www.autobytel.com/im...ima/400/Optima40.jpg
http://thebidclub.com/page/...otic_sports_cars.jpg
http://www.yellowmustangreg...ompletedseatback.jpg
Not that big of a deal. I like your pattern. 2-tone would be nice.

I'm sorry if I've missed it, but I couldn't find your answer to those questions:
(could you point me to the post?)

2) Do you offer "Dual-density foam" for people who want it? (Modern cars have them, not just luxury, I think it means that the top layer of foam is softer than bottom layer, so the seat feels cushier, but is still firm. I don't know if this makes any sense, but go to new car stealer-ships and sit in a couple interiors)

3) Add extra foam, or some kind of lumbar support for people that request it

4) Give the option of having increased side bolsters, maybe even add extra side bolsters towards the middle/top of the seat. I would love to have the feel of racing seats hugging me without having to give up stock fiero seats.(I'm thinking Mitsubishi Evo 9, Dodge Viper/Dodge Srt-4, and similar "stock" racing seats as inspiration)

Again, awesome work on your seats!!

-M
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2007 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Thanks RideZiLightning
Looking good.
Mike
Torch-Red87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2007 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Torch-Red87Click Here to visit Torch-Red87's HomePageSend a Private Message to Torch-Red87Direct Link to This Post

My new little helper...

Wowwwwww this is a cute lill helper , looks way better then a fiero
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2007 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

My new little helper...

sostock
that's just what i'm looking for! how many would it take to cover two seats?

I think the typical age for using Corgi fur is 2 years old, kinda a long wait, you may want to go with Dalmatian, from what I saw in that one movie as soon as the spots are on em...

Brad
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2007 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Torch-Red87:

Wowwwwww this is a cute lill helper , looks way better then a fiero

I agree, He's adorable!!!!

-M
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2007 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I took so long Chris, I'm having a hard time. I'm taking the dayt off tomorrow and will be stitching the foam into yours and txgood seats and hopefully I can get them out before the post office closes.

chrisgtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2007 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpDirect Link to This Post
looking good
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2007 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Australian, I sent yours out yesterday to get them treated so nothing for now, sorry. I'm sorry they aren't further guys but I can only work so fast now. I should have all three of yours done by Friday at the latest.

Sweet i cant wait but i will have to wait for them to get to Australia.
chrisgtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2007 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpDirect Link to This Post
updates???? and a bump to the top cant wait to get these installed
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2007 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
TXGOOD and Chris, both of your seats went out this morning. I'm posting from work right now so I don't have pictures, but I'll post them and pm the tracking numbers later tonight.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2007 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Great!
Thanks
PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2007 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
sooo RideZiLightening..i see you like my favorite band..? i also see a DC shoe over ther... dont skate by chance do ya?
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2007 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for not posting any pics or sending you the info yet guys. I left my bag in my Dad's car and it had my camera, wallet, cell phone, laptop, numbers, everything in it... He's at my stopmoms in Seattle, so I'll call him in the morning and have him read me the tracking numbers. Bobadoo, ya man, Metallica is my favorite band too, but Dragonforce is close to tieing with it. What other bands are you into? I do skate, but I don't have much time anymore and I'm kinda disabled right now so ya. I saw the video on your myspace, it's good stuff. I'm also guessing you don't go the park alot huh. Your street stuff seemed way more diverse. I live in this small town that is overrun with cops and every adult would complain about everything so you can't skate anywhere but the big park nearby.

The shoe is an Adio btw.
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for no update guys. I haven't gotten a hold of him yet. But you'll recieve them either Friday or Saturday.
chrisgtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpDirect Link to This Post
ok let me know if you get those tracking numbers
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Are my seats back from the treatment yet?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
My seats are getting cold.
Check out the 21 year old footprint on the foam.
At least that what I think because it looks like the seat covers that came off are original.
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Australian, I sent you a PM regarding your seats a long while ago. Get back to me.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
TxGood,

Wow, wonder why there is a footprint on it? People at GM must have had an odd work ethic. *shrugs*

The side bolsters and the bottom looks really flat. It really sticks out when the seat is "naked". I'm guessing mine looks like this too. Can't wait to see how the seat will look revived with new foam and increased side bolsters.

-Max

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 03-21-2007).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
The bottoms are pretty flat but they have foam that is sewed into the cover which puffs it up some.
Mike
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock