Custom Seat Upholstery by RideZiLightning
Started on: 02-22-2007 06:46 AM
Replies: 392
Last post by: chrisgtp on 09-20-2007 08:07 AM
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post
What a jerk, even if it is true theres no reason he couldn't have let people know. Oh his PC was stolen too I suppose. Drive to a cafe/library/campus and use a PC and let people know.

IP: Logged
chrisgtp

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpDirect Link to This Post
any pne live in the area that might be able to stop by and verify his story
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post
I know there are a few other members in the tacoma/federal way area, maybe one of them would be willing to help out.

Rich
RideZiLightning

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Nice to see all the wonderful things people are saying about me. Believe whatever you want, makes no difference to me, things can't get much worse. They are all getting they're refunds, I just need to sort out funds and whatnot. I did spend quite a bit on materials so I have to make up for that.
trots

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotsSend a Private Message to trotsDirect Link to This Post
i bet mrmike is absolutely loving this thread!

what did you guys expect? an 18 year old stitching seats together in his moms house, why would you drop that much money on this kid?
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RideZiLightning:

Nice to see all the wonderful things people are saying about me. Believe whatever you want, makes no difference to me, things can't get much worse. They are all getting they're refunds, I just need to sort out funds and whatnot. I did spend quite a bit on materials so I have to make up for that.

what do you expect people to think? you haven't communicated in days. you said the seats were made and sent out. you provided no tracking numbers. then the story is you were robbed and they took the covers that were already sent out?

there are two things people will not stand: a thief and a liar. why don't you just tell everyone the truth. it might save you any credibility you have left.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Trots, I didn`t base my decision on buying these covers from his age. There are lots of young people who have it together. I did a search on previous posts where he had pictures of an engine swap he had done and I saw pictures of a seat cover he had stitched so I wasn`t too worried about his ability to do it. They were reasonably priced compared to others out there and personally I would rather not have leather if I have another choice.
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
I have my own apartment bud. What happened is that my girlfriend picked my seats up tuesday morning and sometime between when I left for work and when she got home later that night, 3 boys from my community college came and took everything including my Formula. One of the boys used to be a good friend of mine and told me and the police all about what they were and had done and said they had planned on going to Vancouver (Canada) for spring break. I have police reports and If I can get a scanner to bring here to the shop I can post them. Eventually I will get my stuff back and you guys can just have the seats if I do, but they all will be getting a refund for now. Just need a bit of time to get money together.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
*double post*

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 04-07-2007).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Ridezelighting, I do feel sorry for you. Things like that can happen I guess. But in the internet world the most important thing to have is your credibility!!! If your credibility, peace of mind, karma, etc. is important to you I strongly suggest the following:

* ) Step one: Refund all the money that was sent do you ASAP. (Take out a loan, or borrow from parents/relatives if you have to. It's much cheaper in the long run.) (I think you''re already doing that, but I wanted to make a complete list)
* ) Post the detailed police report, that I'm sure you have to had filed by now. (people want to know what happened)
* ) Take pictures of the damage that was done.
* ) Post a picture of the report that you signed that everything has been returned to you. (I hope you got lucky and it has)
* ) I recommend filing a small claims suit against whoever stole your stuff (probably on top of criminal charges) and post it to this thread (blur out the names if you have to by law. I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know the procedure) (theft is not a laughing matter)
* ) If you get the seat covers back, (I'm not quite sure where they are, shipped, or at girlfriends, explanation is a bit unclear to me of what happened) mail them out to each person that has ordered a seat and gave you money for them already, free of charge. If you can't get them back, just make new ones and send them, free of charge. - No promises, just mail them when you're ready. - I'm sure people will be able to forgive you then. Fiero owners are like an extended family. You'll be surprised how much support you'll get from them if you treat them as such.
* ) I'm sure then your peace of mind will be restored, as well as your credibility.

Yes, I know this is expensive, labor intensive, you might have to eat the cost on a few seats, materials, etc. But trust me, if you want any credibility and be at peace with yourself, that's a good course of action. In business, customer service is king. It's what separates the average companies from the best companies that people want to do business with. Help out your customers as much as you possibly can and they will reward you with their respect, and viral marketing (=fancy term for "word of mouth" basically the best form of marketing for online business'es)
I really want you to succeed in life and on this board.
We need all the aftermarket support we can get for our lovely Fieros. People here want choice, and love to support the underdog and startups.

-M

justinchristie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justinchristieClick Here to visit justinchristie's HomePageSend a Private Message to justinchristieDirect Link to This Post
Very interesting thread. Took me an hour to go through it all. Bump to keep this in the spotlight.

Hope everything works out - for everyone.

------------------
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE | 3.4L Conversion
Click here to view
-----------------------------------------------------------
My Portfolio site | JustinChristie.ca

PFF
System Bot
InTheLead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post
Look at the all the excuses through out this thread! Amazing the thinga human mind can throw together.

I hope you guys get your refunds!
85_Fiero_2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
I'm sure glad I got my Mr Mikes Seats!!!!
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85_Fiero_2M4:

I'm sure glad I got my Mr Mikes Seats!!!!

Best advertisement in the world is when you don't even have to tell people you make a great product and it will arrive.

87GTBro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTBroSend a Private Message to 87GTBroDirect Link to This Post

Even though MrMikes leather prices went up, it is extremely difficult to match his quality, expertise, customer service and turnaround speed.

I ordered these seats on a Thursday and had the tracking number by Tuesday... Received them Friday and they were installed by 4:00 am Saturday.

They went from an idea to reality in 9 days. How's that for service?
85_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GTBro:

Even though MrMikes leather prices went up, it is extremely difficult to match his quality, expertise, customer service and turnaround speed.

I ordered these seats on a Thursday and had the tracking number by Tuesday... Received them Friday and they were installed by 4:00 am Saturday.

They went from an idea to reality in 9 days. How's that for service?

Those seats look great! Mr Mike is the man!

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2007 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I wish i could do more than just wait.
Hurricane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2007 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HurricaneSend a Private Message to HurricaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GTBro:

mr mike ftw!!
chrisgtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2007 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpDirect Link to This Post
i still have no refund or any more info to add
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2007 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbDirect Link to This Post
every time i see mr mike's seats it makes me want to work some more overtime .they are absolutely flawless.
reading this thread reminds me of the kid whos dog ate his homework .every week.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2007 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

every time i see mr mike's seats it makes me want to work some more overtime .they are absolutely flawless.
reading this thread reminds me of the kid whos dog ate his homework .every week.

Hey, dogs do eat homework!! I had picture proof when I was younger. (Granted, I've actually purposely fed him the papers, but that's another funny story.. )
...anyways.

Mr Mikes seats are awesome, and I do love his customer service. I just wish I could afford them.

Leather/Suede seats would be even better with high foam (instead of cotton and ducktape) bolsters to hold better in the seat during hard cornering and give the Fiero a more modern sports car "hugging" seat feel. *dreaming*

-M

PFF
System Bot
MrMike

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2007 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrMikeClick Here to visit MrMike's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrMikeDirect Link to This Post
The cotton and duct tape are used to repair damage to these 19 to 23 years old seats.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2007 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrisgtp:

i still have no refund or any more info to add

I have had no explaination my last private message still states he was sending it out which i dont think will really be coming. Have you opened a dispute with paypal? It will take 20 days before anything will happen.
DRA

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2007 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post
This thread reminds me of one that was in the Mall way back when, a guy who was recovering steering wheels and visors if memory serves.

Hope things work out for all involved.

------------------
Don't take life too seriously -- you'll never get out if it alive.

GoKart 15022

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2007 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GoKart 15022Send a Private Message to GoKart 15022Direct Link to This Post
Hey 87GTBro, if you don't mind my askin - what did you pay for those?
chrisgtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2007 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpDirect Link to This Post
yep i opened a dispute with paypal
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2007 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DRA:

This thread reminds me of one that was in the Mall way back when, a guy who was recovering steering wheels and visors if memory serves.

Hope things work out for all involved.

i got my steering wheel from that guy, it looks so awsome, that i never put it on the car, im afraid id get it dirty, (its a tan steering wheel) ill install it when/if that car goes to a car show, but otherwise im leaving my 3 spoke 84 steering wheel on it till then.

matthew

twocoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2007 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twocodaSend a Private Message to twocodaDirect Link to This Post
Wow !!!!!!!!! sh8tty deal ....

Time to be an adult young man ....step up and make things right. You will like yourself in the long run.
DRA

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2007 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

i got my steering wheel from that guy, it looks so awsome, that i never put it on the car, im afraid id get it dirty, (its a tan steering wheel) ill install it when/if that car goes to a car show, but otherwise im leaving my 3 spoke 84 steering wheel on it till then.

matthew

The guys work looked awsome, I think his downfall was promising to much to quickly. If I remember correctly he started accepting visors and wheels to recover and then a backlash occured when he couldn't deliver in a timely manner. I think he would have been okay if he just would have been upfront and said "hey, I'll let you know when I finish what I have now and if you want to still give me your business I'll be glad to accept". It can be hard to turn down advance payment for product or services but sometimes it is better to make a customer wait till the product is available or the time is there to do the work before accepting payment or making a promise to deliver.
Stuff happens, and when your already stretched thin and pushing yourself to get things done it doesn't take much to bring the whole train to a screeching halt. It seems like a lot of this has to do with youth and the very confident optimistic attitude that sometimes comes with inexperience. I hope this guy gets everything straightened out, he seems to have found a good niche to fill and how he handles this setback will determine if he can actually fill it.

PS is that guy still doing any recovering or did he get out of it, I don't remember the final outcome.

[This message has been edited by DRA (edited 04-10-2007).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2007 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I agree that things happen and plans get changed etc. I don`t mind waiting for anything I order.
My beef is that when I PM somebody about something and the progress, I expect a timely answer and throughout this whole ordeal I haven`t gotten that. The three of us who ordered these seat covers have been posting on here and in PMs trying to find out the status of our orders . I don`t think that a persons customers should have to try to get information from each other. I also think that you should not have to depend on your first couple of prepaid orders to fund your business venture. If something unexpected comes up or you get in over your head you should have the capital to refund any monies sent, from your own reserves. I wondered when I first got on this forum why, when a new product was introduced, by a virtual unknown they got so much scrutiny from the members but now I see. Jeez, what ever happend to honesty and openess with ones fellow man. Well, I`m done.
Scythe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2007 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post
Whew, just read this entire thread. So, I've learned there are some key differences in leather which depends on what cars the leather is used in. Also, that there are specifically automotive leather. I've also learned that Mr. Mikes is as reliable as everyone makes his business out to be. With that said, when I need to replace my seat covers, Mr. Mike is receiving a call from me.

Hope everything gets resolved in the current matter.
PFF
System Bot
MrMike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrMikeClick Here to visit MrMike's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrMikeDirect Link to This Post
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Mr Mike, I guess I should have looked at your site better or asked you when I ordered my vinyl because I had no idea you did seats in something other than leather. If I had ordered the leatherette from you I would already have my seats covered. I most likely will be ordering some today or early next week.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MrMike:

http://www.mrmikes.com/fieroleatherette.htm

MrMike

Email sent with a few questions.

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 04-12-2007).]

MrMike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrMikeClick Here to visit MrMike's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrMikeDirect Link to This Post
TXGOOD:
You did not miss it before, The Leather-ettes is new, this forum made me do it.
Thanks,
MrMike
fieroluv

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroluvSend a Private Message to fieroluvDirect Link to This Post
on the website it only lists the light tan in leatherette, are all of the normal colors available or just the light tan?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
It says a variety of colors are available.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
Thread effectively jacked.

------------------

My Build Thread

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:

Thread effectively jacked.

Yep, I think so. I can't wait to hear from RidezeLightning to bring the thread back to topic.

Although I'm very glad that Mr. Mike offers a low cost alternative now. I know it will help out a lot of Fiero owners/Fiero seat lovers.

I went to a local car upholstery place that would make me custom leather seats, and even increase the side bolsters out of stiff foam. Although he doesn't recommend adding more than an inch of lateral support, as he thinks that would make it hard to get into the car, he could do almost any height. Too bad being located in Monterey makes them so expensive. $700-$800 bucks for leather, well maybe I can talk him down. -At least I finally found a place that would do my beloved racing seat inspired increased side bolsters. Yay!!!

back to our scheduled programming...

-M
InTheLead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad I didn't order those dumb covers off eBay, Mikes new deal looks nice.

Back on topic, has anyone seen any proof of any of this guys claims? Sounds like you've all been hosed . Hopefully your Paypal claims get you a refund, if he had funds in the account of course.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock