Custom Seat Upholstery by RideZiLightning
Started on: 02-22-2007 06:46 AM
Replies: 392
Last post by: chrisgtp on 09-20-2007 08:07 AM
85LAMB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RideZiLightning:

They have been sitting at my Dad's law office since the 24th! The addresses were correct but the city state zips were swapped. His secretary thought they were just a shipment of brakes so never mentioned them. I am going to pick them up tomorrow morning.

Just a suggestion...
When you go and pick them up tomorrow, take them out of the package, take pictures of both set of seats and post it here.
That should help put the people that order them and paid for them at ease.
IP: Logged
Icelander

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IcelanderSend a Private Message to IcelanderDirect Link to This Post
Man, Dallas! I wish I could help you!

I'm planning on purchasing a set for my Fiero as well as a set for my Probe.

So the UPS store screwed up your shipments? If so, I'd go raise some hell and demand nothing less than over-night shipping at their expense.

I hope things get straightened out for all of you quickly. I'm looking forward to getting my new upholstery as soon as I can get the pennies scraped together.

------------------
Kendall (Icelander) Whitlatch
'85 Fiero 2M4 - 5spd Isuzu
'67 LeMans/GTO clone 6.5 litre TH400
All the rest aren't Pontiacs, so what does it matter?

RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Australian, I finished yours just like I said I would. I took them for treatment this morning and the owner is personally taking care of it so there won't be any mishaps this time. They should be back and ready to go out Wednesday morning.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
What "treatment" are you having done? Just curious since I will be doing my own covers very soon.

Bob
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Australian, I finished yours just like I said I would. I took them for treatment this morning and the owner is personally taking care of it so there won't be any mishaps this time. They should be back and ready to go out Wednesday morning.

Can you post pics please when u get them back.
chrisgtp

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpDirect Link to This Post
good deal im glad you found them if you can post tracking numbers tonight that would be great
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Ya, I will chris and australian. The leather I use is raw dyed and can sometimes rub off onto clothing or whatever else it comes in contact with, so I get them acid dipped and its supposed to prevent smear and whatnot.
MrMike

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrMikeClick Here to visit MrMike's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrMikeDirect Link to This Post
Excuse Me ?
What did you just say?
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Did I say something wrong? When I ordered the leather, the owner said that the dye they used seemed to smear after time. She said that they had an acid treatment that would keep that from happening. Was I being bullsh*ted or something?
MrMike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrMikeClick Here to visit MrMike's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrMikeDirect Link to This Post
Ask your leather supplier if the product is ‘OEM Automotive Grade’.
If so, this means it meets the minimum quality standards of GM.
GM is the world’s largest consumer of leather.
This OEM standard is also known as ‘GM Spec.’
( General Motors Specification)
Most tanneries will produce leather that meets this GM spec.
Without it, the leather is unacceptable to even meet GMs minimum standards.
MrMike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrMikeClick Here to visit MrMike's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrMikeDirect Link to This Post

MrMike

153 posts
Member since Jan 2002
Ask your leather supplier if the product is ‘OEM Automotive Grade’.
If so, this means it meets the minimum quality standards of GM.
GM is the world’s largest consumer of leather.
This OEM standard is also known as ‘GM Spec.’
( General Motors Specification)
Most tanneries will produce leather that meets this GM spec.
Without it, the leather is unacceptable to even meet GMs minimum standards.
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Do we have any tracking numbers yet?
Mike
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Isn't there also better than automotive grade? I remember when I looked at Katzskin leather for my previous car they said it's better/softer than OEM leather.

I don't envy you guys, it's hard to choose the right leather for cars. It goes so far beyond just color and texture. Once you throw suede into the mix it gets even more interesting because some suede doesn't hold up well and polishes to a shine and looses it's texture over time.

-M
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
I'm sending them out USPS Priority right when I get off work.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Ya, I will chris and australian. The leather I use is raw dyed and can sometimes rub off onto clothing or whatever else it comes in contact with, so I get them acid dipped and its supposed to prevent smear and whatnot.

I hope the treatment works
MrMike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrMikeClick Here to visit MrMike's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrMikeDirect Link to This Post
Hi Austrian Import,
[Isn't there also better than automotive grade? I remember when I looked at Katzskin leather for my previous car they said it's better/softer than OEM leather.]
Ahh,,Yes,,, Katzkin.
I know Mitchell Katz personally, he’s a great guy.
I met him in 1983 when buying hides out of the trunk of his car; he asked me: What I was doing making car seats with his father’s couch leather?
Mike said: “For dealers to install leather in cars that do not have that option”.
He thought I was crazy.
Katzkin is now the largest manufacturer of after-market car leather in the world.
Good for you Mitchell, best wishes, and to your sister too.

However, Katzkin uses couch leather, and builds the kits in Mexico.
They are “After-Market” parts, and dealer installed, so the leathers do not have to be GM Spec.

When the GM spec. UV protection, DOT burn, and cold crack & abrasion chemicals are added,
The leather becomes thicker and stiffer,,
if softer is Katzkin’s definition of better,,,
Then Katzkin leather is better than MrMikes or General Motors.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Dallas, I`m going to hope to get some info on the shipment of these covers today but I`m not confident.
Last night at 9:30 by Pennock`s time you posted you would be sending these covers out when you got off work by USPS Priority, I`m an hour behind on Pennock`s which means you are 3 hours behind which would have made it 6:30 your time. You claimed in a previous post that your local post office closed at 5:00, so unless they stayed open just for you, you would not have been able to send them out last night.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Please tell me it is not just me...

But I had NO idea it was 'Katzkin' Leather.

I mean, I knew it wasn't like someone tanned a real cat... I just thought that cat's are soft, the leather is soft... so... 'catskin'...
I have also heard it called 'calfskin'... which made more since because a tanned dead baby cow would be softer than a tanned old bull... so... 'calfskin'

Now let's see what about Corinthian leather... taken from the fabled Corinth flock of pan-asia... or named after Mr. Corinth, or just an adlib mistake that Kahn made on a commercial?...

I personally like my 'MrMikian Leather...' Though I wish it was up to Ford spec
chrisgtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpDirect Link to This Post
damn i loged in knowing i would have a tracking number
InTheLead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by InTheLead (edited 04-04-2007).]

ArchAngel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchAngelSend a Private Message to ArchAngelDirect Link to This Post
MrMike, I know this isn't your thread, but I just wanted to let you know that I'll be placing an order with you just as soon as I can convince the wife that the car is worth it. I think I'll let her sit on the dry-rotted original fabric for a while, and see how long it takes her to change her mind.
PFF
System Bot
MrMike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrMikeClick Here to visit MrMike's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrMikeDirect Link to This Post
“Katzkin” is: Mr. Katz has a couch company, his son & daughter (Mr. Katz’s “kin”, get it?) do cars.
“Corinthian” is: A Chrysler grain pattern.
Traditionally GM is ‘Madrid’ (looks like little pebbles), Ford is ‘Sierra’ (looks like little rivers), Chrysler’s Corinthian is in-between the two.
Just like there is GM White / Ford White / and Chrysler White, they try and differentiate their products with color & texture.
Ricardo was not lying, it is indeed Corinthian Leather, it’s the grain pattern.
On the Chysler windsheild pillar trim you will see: Corinthian Plastic.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Chris, have you or Australian heard anything yet, or gotten any tracking numbers?
This is a shame because I really think that Dallas would get all of the work he could handle if he kept his word about contacting his customers better. I tried to keep all of the drama behind the scenes by PM ing him but he would always answer my PM out in the open forum so I don`t feel the least bit sorry if he loses business because of this.
In the future I will order everything, no matter what the cost, from proven vendors like Mr Mike, Archie, Fiero Store and any others I didn`t mention that most of you know.
Mike
chrisgtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpDirect Link to This Post
nope no word from him i will be starting my paypal complaint today at 2pm if i dont have a tracking number. if i get the seats i hope there realy well made. Dallas I still want you to pm me your phone number we need to talk!!!!!
chrisgtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpDirect Link to This Post

chrisgtp

411 posts
Member since Nov 2006
dallas wold your dad be a Attorney by any chance
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I just filed my paypal complaint this morning. I understand when problems arise and something gets put on hold for a couple of days but when a person is left in the dark with no communication then that is totally unacceptable.
chrisgtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpDirect Link to This Post
i just filed mine with paypal

i also found a number for his dads law office with google so im going to give him another call later, all i got was his voice mail
chrisgtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpDirect Link to This Post

chrisgtp

411 posts
Member since Nov 2006
ok still nothing i left a message with his dads offic but i didnt get anything back
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MrMike:

When the GM spec. UV protection, DOT burn, and cold crack & abrasion chemicals are added,
The leather becomes thicker and stiffer,,
if softer is Katzkin’s definition of better,,,
Then Katzkin leather is better than MrMikes or General Motors.

Cool. Thanks. I just learned something.
That explanation totally makes sense.
I just remembered when researching Fisker Coachworks (They make custom cars based on Mercedes and BMW, guy that started it was the lead designer for Aston Martin) that they mentioned automotive grade, and premium grade leather, - the premium grade not holding up as well to abuse/spills but being softer.

Also cool how everybody knows each other when going back far enough. I remember stories my dad told me about meeting Michael Dell back in the 80's and having lunch with him at the same Asian fast food joint in Taiwan before Dell made it big.

-M
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Please tell me it is not just me...

But I had NO idea it was 'Katzkin' Leather.

I mean, I knew it wasn't like someone tanned a real cat... I just thought that cat's are soft, the leather is soft... so... 'catskin'...

It's okay, we all have days like that....

Me more often than others

-M
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by MrMike:

“Katzkin” is: Mr. Katz has a couch company, his son & daughter (Mr. Katz’s “kin”, get it?) do cars.
“Corinthian” is: A Chrysler grain pattern.
Traditionally GM is ‘Madrid’ (looks like little pebbles), Ford is ‘Sierra’ (looks like little rivers), Chrysler’s Corinthian is in-between the two.
Just like there is GM White / Ford White / and Chrysler White, they try and differentiate their products with color & texture.
Ricardo was not lying, it is indeed Corinthian Leather, it’s the grain pattern.
On the Chysler windsheild pillar trim you will see: Corinthian Plastic.

Also Audi uses Nappa (love that texture, very fine grain, and love the smell)
BMW uses Nasca, Dakota, Nappa, and Pearl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leather

Like I said before, there are so many choices and types of leather, I'll leave that to the experts and trust their choices.

-M
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Chris, have you or Australian heard anything yet, or gotten any tracking numbers?
This is a shame because I really think that Dallas would get all of the work he could handle if he kept his word about contacting his customers better. I tried to keep all of the drama behind the scenes by PM ing him but he would always answer my PM out in the open forum so I don`t feel the least bit sorry if he loses business because of this.
In the future I will order everything, no matter what the cost, from proven vendors like Mr Mike, Archie, Fiero Store and any others I didn`t mention that most of you know.
Mike

No i havent heard anything more since his last post. I guess everyone thinks he must have done the runner i guess i will have to file a compaint also.

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Australian

4701 posts
Member since Sep 2004
Ok i opened a dispute thru paypal didnt want to do it but... where are they?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
What I don`t understand is that he had pictures of the covers partially made. So, it`s not like he didn`t ever intend on producing them. If something else came up he could of at least contacted us to tell us what was going on. I don`t know, I guess they could still show up. If nothing happens then I would like to at least get some of my money back so I could put it toward Mr Mike`s covers.
chrisgtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpDirect Link to This Post
Ok,

I Called the number i found on line for his dads law office and left a message. Today i get a call from him and he stated that his apartment was burglarized and all of his stuff worth anything was stolen including our seat covers. Thats the story i got from him Take it as you want. I have pmed his cell phone number to the other 2 members that i know sent him money. if any one else needs his number pm me.

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Chris
Hurricane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HurricaneSend a Private Message to HurricaneDirect Link to This Post
this guy has a story for everything. i guess thats to be expected when youre related to a liar,.. lawyer. has he offered to refund anybodys money?

[This message has been edited by Hurricane (edited 04-07-2007).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested in seeing the police report....Sounds too convenient to me...

Bob
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

What I don`t understand is that he had pictures of the covers partially made. So, it`s not like he didn`t ever intend on producing them. If something else came up he could of at least contacted us to tell us what was going on. I don`t know, I guess they could still show up. If nothing happens then I would like to at least get some of my money back so I could put it toward Mr Mike`s covers.

Who knows .... maybe it's just a matter of getting in over his head ....... He could have started with the best of intentions .... then realized the end product would not live up to what was promised and/or be worth what was paid..... and panicked. This is all just supposition on my part, but I've seen situations exactly as I've described before.... I just hope for those with $$ tied up, there is a suitable resolution to the whole matter.

Rich
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
He should be BANNED! There's no excuse for not refunding the money especially if his father is a lawyer. Put him out of business, I feel sorry for nobody like that.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock