Started on: 02-22-2007 06:46 AM
Replies: 392
Last post by: chrisgtp on 09-20-2007 08:07 AM
RideZiLightning

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Two tone is exact same price, and I can do it in almost any color you can find. Naugahyde is an advanced type of vinyl that has the feel and look of leather but it is synthetic and lasts much longer. It's pretty temperature stable so it won't ever really get too hot or too cold.
IP: Logged
speed1

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for speed1Send a Private Message to speed1Direct Link to This Post
Would you be able to duplicate the headrest speaker holes?
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RideZiLightning:

Two tone is exact same price, and I can do it in almost any color you can find. Naugahyde is an advanced type of vinyl that has the feel and look of leather but it is synthetic and lasts much longer. It's pretty temperature stable so it won't ever really get too hot or too cold.

That sounds excellent
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
I will be able to dupicate the speaker holes also.
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post

RideZiLightning

1540 posts
Member since Jul 2006
I'm going to be doing an intro price so I can get the word out about the seats quicker.

I will take three orders this week and all of them will be $275. Does not include leather upholstery.
speed1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for speed1Send a Private Message to speed1Direct Link to This Post
I'm all for introductory pricing and getting the word out, but I would like to see a completed set with one installed on seat before making any commitment. It would be hard to judge the fit and finish (i.e. wrinkles, crooked seams etc) without seeing the actual product that you will be selling. Perhaps some clear detailed pics of the black seats after you have finished the center seam, adding foam and hog rings. Maybe one of the three customers you sold the vinyl sets would allow you to take pics of their seats.

[This message has been edited by speed1 (edited 02-24-2007).]

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
I'll take a set for that price! Let me look over the colors and I will get back to you.

I have a good set of original grey seats if i can get a discount by turning in my old ones. The driver's side has two rips. One is in the side bolster and I think in the seat's side bolster as well. They should be easy to fix.

*squeals in anticipation*

--Edit: colors added

Medium Gray (MT 36) for the sides, forward seat portion and headrest and...

American Beauty (MT 19) for the insert sections.

[This message has been edited by Jarhead 2m4 (edited 02-24-2007).]

RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Alright, I'll finish the seat tonight and install it in my Formula so you all can see. I hate to use materials because foam has gotten expensive lately and I'd like to use it on something besides an example but o well.
speed1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 05:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for speed1Send a Private Message to speed1Direct Link to This Post
Some good clear pics will go a long ways in selling the seat skins. If they are as good as I think then I doubt the material will be a waste. A set of good black seat skins will sell easily. I am looking for grey set for my car.

[This message has been edited by speed1 (edited 02-24-2007).]

RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Alright, I finished the center stitch and bottom trim. I also stitched the foam to the centers on the top and bottom, but I don't have anymore molded foam for the side bolsters so I just stuffed some cotton in them to puff them up a bit. Of course cotton fluff isn't as firm as the foam would be when stitched in so some small wrinkles are still a present. I don't get my next delivery until Monday so this will have to do until then. Even without the foam they still look pretty darn good If I do say so myself...

Edit: The material is actually much more shiny and alot darker. But, I am stuck with a stupid webcam for now. Someone buy a set so I can get a better camera

And that curve on the lower back is in the foam. Every fiero seat has this, but you can't really see it through the fabric covers.

[This message has been edited by RideZiLightning (edited 02-24-2007).]

Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:

Interested. Would you be able to provide 4 point harness slots like Mr. Mike's?

PFF
System Bot
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Alright, on Monday I will begin working on orders. The first three to be taken before next Monday will recieve the discount. Seats will be shipped no later than 1 week after payment is made. I will take pictures of seats upon completion and post them here.

Edit: Monday the 5th

[This message has been edited by RideZiLightning (edited 02-24-2007).]

RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post

RideZiLightning

1540 posts
Member since Jul 2006
Sorry about that Unsafe, I guess I missed your previous post. Yes, I can do 4 pt slots.
chrisgtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpDirect Link to This Post
ok ill bite i want naugahyde

on the page you listed Gunmetal US 392 Black US 393
i ALSO WANT THE 4PT HARNESS SLOTS
and thats in the Spirit Millennium Naugahyde collection

also what kind of discount for my old seats can i get? what shape do they need to be in?
is paypal ok?

[This message has been edited by chrisgtp (edited 02-24-2007).]

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Not naugahyde! Please, people stop! We're talking about the slaughter of many innocent naugas just so our cars can look cool. Stop the madness and save a nauga today.

Just kidding. I'll probably be contacting you when I'm ready for new Indy upholstery.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

Relax! You've managed to suck all of the fun out of the room.

Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post

Sorry about that Unsafe, I guess I missed your previous post. Yes, I can do 4 pt slots.

No problem. Sent you a PM.
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
chrisgtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpDirect Link to This Post
did you miss my post?
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
So, I was walking around in Japanland with some friends. We went to this store that is a lot like Spencer's and I FOUND THE NAUGAS! These things are cool! I wanted to get one but didn't have enough Yen, so I got a Misfit's poster instead.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Not naugahyde! Please, people stop! We're talking about the slaughter of many innocent naugas just so our cars can look cool. Stop the madness and save a nauga today.

Thanks. I always wonder what a Nauga looked like, but didn't want to look stupid if I asked.

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003/2004 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2007 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
My grandmother just died so I will be in Las Vegas until Monday, so I am extending my discount price until next Thursday.
PFF
System Bot
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2007 05:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Chris, did you edit that post? Sure, I can do that. And paypal is fine also. For the seat discount, just send me a pic of the seats condition. I'll give a discount for any seats, but how much depends on condition. Discounts for seats are lower right now because of the intro price.

You have a PM
chrisgtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2007 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpDirect Link to This Post
i did edit it but like 5 sec after i posted and that was only to add the 5pt harnes
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I have ordered some of these in red and black.
I will take some pictures when I get them on.
From the pictures I have seen they look like they will
fit pretty good.
Mike
belleaudb

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for belleaudbSend a Private Message to belleaudbDirect Link to This Post
Can you get factory style cloth? Fierostore stopped offering seat upholstery due to supplier issues.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Wow!! I'm really interested.

I've seen Mr. Mikes seats and I love them, so you have pretty big shoes to fill. But we really appreciate you doing this. Competition is good for business. Both customers and suppliers. And it sparks innovation.

My only gripe with Mr. Mikes seats that we have to use cotton for the side bolsters rather than foam.

It would be awesome if you could do 4 things with your seats:
1) Make side bolsters out of foam, instead of cotton (I think the feel would be better and feel more "authentic")

2) Offer "Dual-density foam" for people who want it. (Modern cars have them, not just luxury, I think it means that the top layer of foam is softer than bottom layer, so the seat feels cushier, but is still firm. I don't know if this makes any sense, but go to new car stealer-ships and sit in a couple interiors)

3) Add extra foam, or some kind of lumbar support for people that request it

4) Give the option of having increased side bolsters, maybe even add extra side bolsters towards the middle/top of the seat. I would love to have the feel of racing seats hugging me without having to give up stock fiero seats.(I'm thinking Mitsubishi Evo 9, Dodge Viper/Dodge Srt-4, and similar "stock" racing seats as inspiration)

I hope those suggestions will help you differentiate your product and offer something unique to the Fiero marketplace.

-M

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 03-05-2007).]

wiccantoy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Wow!! I'm really interested.

I've seen Mr. Mikes seats and I love them, so you have pretty big shoes to fill. But we really appreciate you doing this. Competition is good for business. Both customers and suppliers. And it sparks innovation.

My only gripe with Mr. Mikes seats that we have to use cotton for the side bolsters rather than foam.

It would be awesome if you could do 4 things with your seats:
1) Make side bolsters out of foam, instead of cotton (I think the feel would be better and feel more "authentic")

2) Offer "Dual-density foam" for people who want it. (Modern cars have them, not just luxury, I think it means that the top layer of foam is softer than bottom layer, so the seat feels cushier, but is still firm. I don't know if this makes any sense, but go to new car stealer-ships and sit in a couple interiors)

3) Add extra foam, or some kind of lumbar support for people that request it

4) Give the option of having increased side bolsters, maybe even add extra side bolsters towards the middle/top of the seat. I would love to have the feel of racing seats hugging me without having to give up stock fiero seats.(I'm thinking Mitsubishi Evo 9, Dodge Viper/Dodge Srt-4, and similar "stock" racing seats as inspiration)

I hope those suggestions will help you differentiate your product and offer something unique to the Fiero marketplace.

-M

very good idea's and agree 100%

------------------

DONE: 86gt 5 speed 4.9 complete rebuild with buds outback northstar pistons , delta cams E303 cam , full ported , polished , stronger head springs, and flow tested heads and manifolds. rockcrawl's custom chip , polished crank . too much to list

88 coupe t-top #656 1 of only 339 base coupes made
85 t-top
87gt parts car
86 and 87 fiero database www.geocities.com/cwandall/fiero.html

30+mpg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 30+mpg:

Factory style fabric

http://www.yourautotrim.com/lcatligsad.html

I ordered leather i will post pics here when they arrive.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
wait, can you do suade? (sp?)
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
I don't use cotton for the bolsters, you misread my post. I had ran out of foam, so I used cotton FOR THE PICTURE. Alright, ya, just to clear that up. I can do probably anything anyone requests, I never said I couldnt. I can do factory fabric. I don't do suede, sorry.
PFF
System Bot
timgray

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post
discount still available? If so I'm in for a set, otherwise I'll have to wait.
timgray

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post

lighter color inside. headrest and sides darker color.. I would love to see the seam down the middle of the inserts like the fiero classic style. even if it was simply a vertical stitch line it would make them look really nice.

Also do you have a price on getting a fiero logo embroidered into them? even just a simple Fiero GT in a font like the fire one would be cool.

Forgot one last thing, what about piping on the outer edges like the stock seats? is that included or an option? I cant tell from your photos if there is any piping on those seats.

[This message has been edited by timgray (edited 03-07-2007).]

RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Piping is stitched into all of my seats. Embroidering is $20 dollars a pair.
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post

RideZiLightning

1540 posts
Member since Jul 2006
Alright, Australian your seats are about half way done, TXGOOD, I just stitching yours and Chris, I've cut your material. I took my example seat that still has no foam and stuck it in my newest 3800sc project for an in car example. The bottom looks especially deflated.

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I`m looking forward to getting them on. Of course, then I will have to go ahead and finish the rest of the interior so it matches. Looking good.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Alright, Australian your seats are about half way done, TXGOOD, I just stitching yours and Chris, I've cut your material. I took my example seat that still has no foam and stuck it in my newest 3800sc project for an in car example. The bottom looks especially deflated.

Sweet cant wait to get them.
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
You didn't forget my order did you?
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
I haven't forgot you, but I never got a payment so...
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
i have an 84 and would like to retain the speaker seats. do you have any with good speakers or would i be better off sending you mine and having you recover them? also what would the turn around be once you receive the seats? any idea what shipping would be from 64029?

i really like your work and am tired of messing around with cheap seat covers.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock