Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Install a V8 with me! Warning! Many pics! (Page 11)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
Install a V8 with me! Warning! Many pics! by chester
Started on: 08-27-2002 08:38 PM
Replies: 540
Last post by: chester on 06-08-2004 08:28 PM
California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2003 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

I gotta say that with just the flowmaster, this car sounds EVIL! Hope the local donut chokers don't hassle me too much!

Rob D.

Hey Chester, Glad to hear your running! Kinda puts new meaning to the word "Excitement" doesn't it!!!!

------------------

Click to Listen!

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 08-25-2003).]

IP: Logged
HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2003 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Darn I really wanted page 11. Feels good dude dont it?
HIOSILVER

[This message has been edited by HIOSILVER! (edited 06-26-2003).]

tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2003 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
Anybody want to come over to my place and finish remodeling my kitchen and downstairs bathroom for me so I can get my V8 Fiero running?

I didn't think so.

Way to go Rob! Sounds great. Now I have to scrap my exhaust plans and go get a FLowmaster.

------------------

Elenor84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2003 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Elenor84Click Here to visit Elenor84's HomePageSend a Private Message to Elenor84Direct Link to This Post
Awesome Video! Great work! That does sound real nice!
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2003 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone! It's a great feeling to FINALLY get this beast running and know that the attention to detail that was put into it paid off! I still have a few issues to address (like EXPIRED TAGS) before I can drive it. One thing I noticed was that my power brakes aren't power anymore. I'm only pulling 9" of mercury for vacuum. I have a funny feeling that the cam I got is a little big for power brakes. Might have to run a supplemental vacuum pump. Little odds and ends...

Anyways, I like the idea of NO SCOOP! well, for now anyway.

Now for some pics I snapped this morning.

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 06-27-2003).]

vwaltdog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2003 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vwaltdogSend a Private Message to vwaltdogDirect Link to This Post
Holy Cow that is one nice looking ride Boy do I know about working out the bugs! Let me know how the the whole inspection process goes. Maybe next week could I take you up on your offer to trailer my car to your mechanic for an alingment and inspection?
Matt
PFF
System Bot
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2003 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
It's official! Vanity Tag DRTYRAT!!

Rob D.

------------------

383 V8 Finally Running!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated June 24 '03 www.dirtyratracing.org

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2003 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by vwaltdog:

Holy Cow that is one nice looking ride Boy do I know about working out the bugs! Let me know how the the whole inspection process goes. Maybe next week could I take you up on your offer to trailer my car to your mechanic for an alingment and inspection?
Matt

Thanks Matt. No problem on the trailer, just let me know when and we'll coordinate it...His alignment rack needs to be calibrated, should be today.

If you thinks she's sweet now, wait till she's done!

Rob D.

Panama Jack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2003 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Panama JackSend a Private Message to Panama JackDirect Link to This Post
Two thumbs up!!! Hell, I'll borrow my son's two... Four thumbs up!!

------------------

formerly 'Haagster'

Everybody has talent and potential when they are twenty. The challenge is to still have it at forty. - paraphrased from Edward Degas

[This message has been edited by Panama Jack (edited 06-27-2003).]

SanBerdueFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2003 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SanBerdueFieroSend a Private Message to SanBerdueFieroDirect Link to This Post
congratulations.. great job. ...
fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2003 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post
Where did you get the mirror like stuff thats on the underside of the decklid?

AMAZING!!!

Denny

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2003 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on a great job, Rob!

I enjoyed the videos, but I'm anxiously waiting for the test drive. And you just gotta have Renee at shotgun with the video camera for that!

Oh yeah, and I want a ride!

------------------
Mid Atlantic Fiero Owners Association
New England Fiero Association
Keystone State Chapter, P.O.C.I.
P.O.C.I.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2003 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero go fast:

Where did you get the mirror like stuff thats on the underside of the decklid?

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20020825-1-017957.html

fierodustin_86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2003 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodustin_86Send a Private Message to fierodustin_86Direct Link to This Post

Where did you get the hood vent. I like it!

------------------
86 Fiero SE
email: fierodustin@yahoo.com

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2003 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Well the shop owner just called and canceled my appointment to get the alignment and tips installed. We had a string of bad storms move through the area and it took power out at the repair shop. Figures! I'm bringing it anyway, already loaded on the trailer...

Rob D.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2003 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by fierodustin_86:

Thanks everyone! It feels good to get it and turn the key to hear it run!

The air vent was imported from Korea. I think the company has since gone out of business. Their website went dead. It's motorized and controlled from the inside of the car by a twist of the knob.

Rob D.

Where did you get the hood vent. I like it!

PFF
System Bot
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2003 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
we need like burnout footage and cruising footage and rice squashing footage and umm.. well we need nos in there too e need dyno results and 1/4 mile slips and i need a ride! Bring it to wisconsin
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2003 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
PAGE 4!!?!?!?

BUMP THIS 'MOTHA!!

tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2003 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
Another bump
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2003 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Well for those of you that didn't make it to FINE '03, I had the Rat with me. Took first place in fastback modified and best modified engine! I was stoked! Anyway, got to run and fix my Blazer. Damn thing left us stranded in Conneticut! Thanks to Boomtastic for bailing us out AGAIN! Don't know what I'd do with out you and Beth! Kudos to ya brotha'

Thanks all!

Rob D.

------------------

383 V8 Finally Running!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated June 29 '03 www.dirtyratracing.org

JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2003 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post
Hey look, I go on vacation for 2 weeks and the Rat gets finished!

Looks great Rob!
And ya even got the bumper on too!

Congrats!

------------------

My Car

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2003 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JD86GT350:

Hey look, I go on vacation for 2 weeks and the Rat gets finished!

Looks great Rob!
And ya even got the bumper on too!

Congrats!

Hehehehe, yeah, um, the bumper...it's just hanging there...

Rob D.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Well, all in all everything was going good...Untill...

I knew the tolerances between the frame rail and the harmonic balancer were tight. Well, it's a little too tight. The balancer is rubbing the frame rail. Got to pull the motor and renotch the rail. That will have to wait till I get Elvira's car on teh road. A deals a deal. More when I get back to it..

Thanks all for reading and being supportive!

Can't wait to get her on the road. The power is AWSOME!

Rob D.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2003 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Elvira's True Blue is done! (my part anyway) so the Rat goes under the knife in the AM!

Pics to come over the weekend.

Rob D.

------------------

383 V8 Finally Running!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension

weldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2003 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weldonClick Here to visit weldon's HomePageSend a Private Message to weldonDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad to see your working on the dirty rat again! I think you should of called it the MIGHTY MOUSE!!! That is one bad a$$ engine! I'm new to the Fiero world, but I think you will blow the doors off of any 3800sc or any caddy engine. I'm thinking of doing a sbc in my Fiero, I cant afford to do what your doing, but I love the pic's, and your story. Thank You!!!!! Weldon.
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2003 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weldon:

I'm glad to see your working on the dirty rat again! I think you should of called it the MIGHTY MOUSE!!! That is one bad a$$ engine! I'm new to the Fiero world, but I think you will blow the doors off of any 3800sc or any caddy engine. I'm thinking of doing a sbc in my Fiero, I cant afford to do what your doing, but I love the pic's, and your story. Thank You!!!!! Weldon.

Thanks!!

Rob D.

PFF
System Bot
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2003 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001
Well, got Frame Notch Rev.A complete. No problems changing belts for me any more!

Kind of glad I had to do this notch again. I found a CV boot that split on me from age so got replacements for both.

Rob D.

------------------

383 V8 Finally Running!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2003 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Saweet!
Aaaaah! I really need to come over and film you doing all that! Yopu Didn't happen to film any of that did you?

Steve

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2003 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

Saweet!
Aaaaah! I really need to come over and film you doing all that! Yopu Didn't happen to film any of that did you?

Steve

No video sorry. Hard to wrench and shoot video at the same time!

Rob D.

vwaltdog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2003 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vwaltdogSend a Private Message to vwaltdogDirect Link to This Post
Wahoo!!! Ready to go soon! It's only August now! JK Hey how did you get all that antifreeze out of your engine. It looks like you never had antifreeze in there. When you get it going you gotta come up here before you go and move off!
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2003 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vwaltdog:

Wahoo!!! Ready to go soon! It's only August now! JK Hey how did you get all that antifreeze out of your engine. It looks like you never had antifreeze in there. When you get it going you gotta come up here before you go and move off!

Yeah, yeah...I pulled the small allen plugs on the coolant tubes to drain the antifreeze before I pulled the motor.
I'll try to make it your way but no promises.

Rob D.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2003 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Got everything hooked back up and set the base timing. Mounted the N2O bottle as well. I'm putting the wheels back on it in the AM and going to get the exhaust finished. Hopefully take her out for a spin.

Rob D.

Test fitting the bottle.

Mounted in its new home.

Rob D.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2003 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Well I finally drove my car! Just around our storage complex but none the less, drove it! The alignment is too out of wack to drive it on the street.

All I have to say is OMFG!!!

Roll off the clutch, tap gas pedal - burn rubber!! Heheheeheh I had Elvira in the car with me. WOW! Never thought that 1St in a Getrag could seem so SHORT!

We were both like this for the rest of the day! I'm towing her to the shop to get the tips installed and then I need an alignment.

Happy Day!

Rob D.

------------------

383 V8 Finally Running!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2003 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
That's great news Rob! Congrats.
Good luck on getting it to the shop ro get the alignment done.
Now, it's my turn for a ride

Steve

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2003 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Hey Chester....your mind has to be way out in front of that ride and you have to shift like crazy! Shift lite and HUD highly recommended as you don't have time to look at any gauges when you're going through the gears. Adjust your clutch pedal height so that most of the action is close to the floor, it will help improve your shifts (unless you have short legs and keep the seat back)
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2003 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
Great news! It's been a long road, I'm sure you're happy to finally see the final destination.

How's that go? My mom used to say it, but I never paid any attention...something like...um....be....safe...? Yeah, be safe, that was it. Be safe!

Bryce
88 GT

1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2003 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
Outstanding!!

I love reading this thread.

Gives me inspiration to finish mine.

John

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2003 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2003 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Well I got the exhaust finished up yesterday. I just need to line up my tips before I post pics! I have to say she sounds soooo sweet! I think its slightly loud as well. I took the car out for a spin down the street after the exhaust was done. Talk about pining you in the back of the seat! And I haven't REALLY been getting on it! As I drove thru a parking lot to turn around I was setting car alarms off with the exhaust note

I won't be driving her much till I get the alignment done. I have an appointment with the only shop around that has a pit (my cars slammed and won't fit on a rack) setup for next Friday. I can't wait!

Oh, and this SPEC clutch is getting real grabby. Makes it interesting trying to get her on the trailer!

Rob D

------------------

383 V8 Finally Running!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2003 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
sweet!!! I want you car, how about a donation of one Fiero with a 383 stroker... ?? lol

anyhow, congradulations! I (and everyone else) would like video when you get the chance!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock