Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Install a V8 with me! Warning! Many pics! (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
Install a V8 with me! Warning! Many pics! by chester
Started on: 08-27-2002 08:38 PM
Replies: 540
Last post by: chester on 06-08-2004 08:28 PM
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2003 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HIOSILVER!:
Gotta say Chester... SWEET! When do I get to drive it?
HIOSILVER

Well since your were one of THE ONLY people to just throw me the keys to your V8 Fiero and say "Take her for a spin", you bet that you'll be one of the few to drive it. When you ask? After I break her in. Want you to experience the full potential of the build.

Rob D.

------------------

383 V8 installed awaiting final hookup and light-off!! YEEEHAWWW!!!!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated! NOT! :p www.dirtyratracing.org

IP: Logged
HIOSILVER!

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2003 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Guess in retrospect I should have let you smoke the new tires a few times then? LOL

HIOSILVER

Originally posted by chester:

Well since your were one of THE ONLY people to just throw me the keys to your V8 Fiero and say "Take her for a spin", you bet that you'll be one of the few to drive it. When you ask? After I break her in. Want you to experience the full potential of the build.

Rob D.

fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2003 04:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Think to yourself, Rob:

MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....

Updates?

------------------
REMEMBER: If you cant win the race you loose the argument!!

www.geocities.com/j_depies

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2003 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromadman:

Think to yourself, Rob:

MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....MUST FINISH DIRTY RAT....

Updates?

Hehehehe, yup, going to work on her today. Too many things going on!

Rob D.

------------------

2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated May 19 '03 www.dirtyratracing.org

1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
Need more pics!

Great job.

John

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
hey rob, i justmae your rating bar appear with a + i gave you! Mine just appeared a few minutes ago too

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed
16 years old and already selling my stuff to pay for repairs to my Fiero...which i sold my stuff to buy in the first place

PFF
System Bot
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTFiero1:

hey rob, i justmae your rating bar appear with a + i gave you! Mine just appeared a few minutes ago too

Sweet thanks!! Was wondering how long it would take! Back at ya buddy!

Rob D

tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2003 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
WELL???
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2003 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:

WELL???

Well what?

Got the brakes and suspension together. Working on all the under the car wiring so I can finally set it on the ground.

Rob D.

------------------

2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated May 19 '03 www.dirtyratracing.org

yashmack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2003 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yashmackClick Here to visit yashmack's HomePageSend a Private Message to yashmackDirect Link to This Post
wow, I cant wait to see this finished. Need to take it to a 1/4 mile strip and get us some times and video footage if you can that is gonna be on sweet car, im drooling all over my keyboard right now...
KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2003 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post
Have you tried to start it yet? it is looking so good its making me want to do a 350 swap. I gave you +

Kyle

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2003 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KRMFiero:

Have you tried to start it yet? it is looking so good its making me want to do a 350 swap. I gave you +

Kyle

Thanks!
Not yet, but hopefully in the next couple of days. All the plumbing is done, suspension and brakes are done, all that's left is some loose end wiring. I will tape the joyous occassion and post it on my web site when it happens.

Rob D.

yashmack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2003 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yashmackClick Here to visit yashmack's HomePageSend a Private Message to yashmackDirect Link to This Post
WOOT! cant wait for that video thats gonna be one helluva beast
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2003 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
and update for the love of god!!

j/k but bump anyhow

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2003 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Hey Rob, throw some pictures up to keep us going. Give a dog a bone.
HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2003 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Lets see if we can hit page 9 before he gets the car started. Betcha we get 10 first! LOL.
Just keeping you jumping Rob!
Rich
PFF
System Bot
yashmack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2003 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yashmackClick Here to visit yashmack's HomePageSend a Private Message to yashmackDirect Link to This Post
ok, its been 2 days... any updates? I soo want to see this one completed, that is a very purdy V8
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2003 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Finished with the sway bar today and started installing the modified harness. As always I took a big chunk o flesh out of my finger with the blunt tip of a screw diver - OUCH! Got some wires I need to trace to see where they go. Also need to extend the oil pressure sender socket. It’s on the wrong side of the engine. Got the hardware to mount the sending unit. Almost ready to put it on the ground.

Here's a shot from below...

Now to find the rest of the odds and ends...hmmm...I know its all in a SAFE place... Wherever that may be...

Rob D.

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 06-12-2003).]

KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2003 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post
Doesnt look like theres to much left... are you going to take it to the Drags to see what she runs? (After clutch is broken in)

Kyle

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2003 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
I was looking at the camera angle of this latest pic

Here's a shot from below...

and was trying to think about what it reminded me of when I quickly realized that.....
Oh MY!!! It's the Borg!!!

Red alert! Change course to 113 mark 25 and slow to one half impulse.
Fire phasers Mr. Worf!

OK, so it's been a long day

Steve

------------------

Almost 400 pics of our 18 Fieros:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/fiero5

KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2003 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post
Okay, how come i cant do stuff like that with photoshop
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2003 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KRMFiero:

Doesnt look like theres to much left... are you going to take it to the Drags to see what she runs? (After clutch is broken in)

Kyle

Your right, there's not much left at all. Just been busy getting $$$ up to pay the rent. The unemployment in this state BLOWS! Got a job interview on Monday. Going back to field engineering (I hope).

Yes, the car will be dynoed and dragged at the New England drag strip once it’s broke in. I will have video and picture coverage!

Rob D.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2003 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by Fiero5:

I was looking at the camera angle of this latest pic
and was trying to think about what it reminded me of when I quickly realized that.....
Oh MY!!! It's the Borg!!!

Red alert! Change course to 113 mark 25 and slow to one half impulse.
Fire phasers Mr. Worf!

OK, so it's been a long day

Steve

Nevermind

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 06-18-2003).]

KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2003 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post

Got a job interview on Monday. Going back to field engineering (I hope).

Yes, the car will be dynoed and dragged at the New England drag strip once it’s broke in. I will have video and picture coverage!

Rob D.

Good luck with the interview! let us know when you are taking it the the drag strip, I go up there with a couple of friends every once in a while... I would love to see that thing go. hah I got this under my bookmarks, i read it daily, i want a SBC now!

linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2003 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post
Chester thnaks for the pictures. For some reason your swap has given me courage. Thanks

------------------
87 GT Auto (Restoration Project)

Shadow_Wolf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2003 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow_WolfSend a Private Message to Shadow_WolfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

Don't forget to remove the slave cylinder before dropping the craddle. That's how I kinked my clutch line. I just saw in the new picture that you did remove it. Are you going to put that engine in Elvira's Blue car?

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 08-27-2002).]

Oooh, you did that too? I went crazy trying to find someone to put a new end on the line.. everyone shied away from metric... Finally just had a new line made with 1/4 brake line and good quality brake hoses.. Cost me $100cdn, which is still 1/3 the costof the original.

PFF
System Bot
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2003 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Thanks folks! Just picked up another project (shhhhh...it's a secret ) so haven't done much to the rat. When I got my ignition system I went all Mallory, including the coil. Well, the Mallory Promaster coil isn't exactly what I'd call small. It took me a while to find a place for it I was happy with. I decided to make an adapter plate out of 16 gauge steel that mounted the coil next to distributor. Since with the v8 there's no exhaust crossover, this was possible.

The brick of a coil. Had one on my 73 Dart Sport years ago.

Checking the fit.

Painted and installed!

One less thing to worry about.

vwaltdog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2003 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vwaltdogSend a Private Message to vwaltdogDirect Link to This Post
Wow that coil looks like it's supposed to be there! BTW I know what the secret project is
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2003 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Looking good!!!

So, you two need to let us all in on your secret. Not the new project, but how you both can be out of a job for months and still have extra play money to go and get all these sweet cars and new projects and keep working on the dirty rat?
Enquiring minds want to know

Are you two going to the Wells Fiero show this weekend?
If so, do you want to meet up and cruise together?

------------------

Almost 400 pics of our 18 Fieros:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/fiero5

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2003 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

Looking good!!!

So, you two need to let us all in on your secret. Not the new project, but how you both can be out of a job for months and still have extra play money to go and get all these sweet cars and new projects and keep working on the dirty rat?
Enquiring minds want to know

Are you two going to the Wells Fiero show this weekend?
If so, do you want to meet up and cruise together?

Ahm..ok...If you HAVE to know, all the parts for my car and Elvira's I purchased anywhere from 6 months to a year ago (You know, when I HAD a job). The rest was savings, notice the word - WAS. I have over $5000 worth of Audio/Video equipment that's in my "car" closet and needs to be installed as well.

As far as Well's, we won't be attending. Elvira's working and I need to get some of these cars done!

Rob D.

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2003 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post

Just a suggestion...you may want to consider adding a vertical brace on both sides of the coil along the entire length of the bracket. About a one inch "fin" going from the bottom of the bracket, past the bellhousing bolts, and up to the top would really add to the rigidity of that bracket. I'd hate to see that beast of a motor shake that huge coil around and have the bracket break loose...results could range from embarrassment to catastrophic event.

Aren't you done yet? Geez...

Bryce
88 GT

HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2003 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Didnt I mention we'd hit 10 pages before its done? Anyone wanna bet?
LOL
HIOSILVER
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2003 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nashco:

Just a suggestion...you may want to consider adding a vertical brace on both sides of the coil along the entire length of the bracket. About a one inch "fin" going from the bottom of the bracket, past the bellhousing bolts, and up to the top would really add to the rigidity of that bracket. I'd hate to see that beast of a motor shake that huge coil around and have the bracket break loose...results could range from embarrassment to catastrophic event.

Aren't you done yet? Geez...

Bryce
88 GT

Thanks for the tip but the sheet metal I used is pretty thick, oh and NO I'm not done yet!

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2003 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by HIOSILVER!:

Didnt I mention we'd hit 10 pages before its done? Anyone wanna bet?
LOL
HIOSILVER

All I got to say to that is BITE ME!

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2003 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
Chester,

You're really building something special. As a fellow detail freek, I wave a small suggestion... Remove the rusty bellhousing bolts and, if you don't want to replace them with grade-8 bolts, brush them off and paint them. Everything else looks so new and pretty, the rusty bolts just distracts from the other eye candy. Otherwise, that thing is looking AWESOME! Keep up the great work.

Roy

fieroman84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2003 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman84Send a Private Message to fieroman84Direct Link to This Post
I agree, everything looks real nice but those bolts stick out alot. Chester, I just want to say nice job on the car, its going to be a rocket... I rode in a fiero with a 383 a while back and it was nuts. I have a question though, are you using some sort of Lsd or no?
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2003 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfixit58:

Chester,

You're really building something special. As a fellow detail freek, I wave a small suggestion... Remove the rusty bellhousing bolts and, if you don't want to replace them with grade-8 bolts, brush them off and paint them. Everything else looks so new and pretty, the rusty bolts just distracts from the other eye candy. Otherwise, that thing is looking AWESOME! Keep up the great work.

Roy

Already one step ahead of you...I was going to go chrome bolts but the hardware store didn't have the size I needed. I do however have new zinc plated bolts to replace those rusty ugly things.

Rob D.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2003 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by fieroman84:

I agree, everything looks real nice but those bolts stick out alot. Chester, I just want to say nice job on the car, its going to be a rocket... I rode in a fiero with a 383 a while back and it was nuts. I have a question though, are you using some sort of Lsd or no?

Thanks! No, this tranny has no LSD. I'm going to install a Phantom Grip LSD into my spare tranny. It will be ready to go for when I have to replace it.

Rob D.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2003 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001
Hey! I'm running out of wires to hook up! Only got about 6 left!

'Puters installed!

Rob D.

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2003 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
are you done yet?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock