Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Install a V8 with me! Warning! Many pics! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
Install a V8 with me! Warning! Many pics! by chester
Started on: 08-27-2002 08:38 PM
Replies: 540
Last post by: chester on 06-08-2004 08:28 PM
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2002 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Well folks....finally got the time to make some progress on my V8 project. From here on out I'm going to try and do at least a little each day. Yes - I WILL drive it this year damn it! So here are some pics for your viewing enjoyment.

I got home today from work at 4:00PM and the motor was out by 6:55PM. Not too shabby for a one man operation! Elvira lent a helping hand till she decided to head butt the cherry picker - OUCH!!! - can you say STARS ...anyway...here we go...

Before I could start I had to put my drop spindles back in. Did that this past weekend.

The mad mechanic ready to rip 'er a new one!

What a mess - all disconnected

Hooking up the hoist

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2002 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
One final check

Down on the dolly

One of many uses for my trailer hitch

Setting up the back stands

Taking a break with a Mikes hard lemonade!

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2002 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Don't forget to remove the slave cylinder before dropping the craddle. That's how I kinked my clutch line. I just saw in the new picture that you did remove it. Are you going to put that engine in Elvira's Blue car?

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 08-27-2002).]

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2002 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Ready to roll out

Where did it go?

Success!

More to come as things develope. I'm done for the day!

Rob D.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2002 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by avengador1:
Don't forget to remove the slave cylinder before dropping the craddle. That's how I kinked my clutch line.

Actually I did pretty good...Only forgot one heater hose that I cut loose.

And tomorrow the saga continues!

87GTZ34

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2002 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTZ34Send a Private Message to 87GTZ34Direct Link to This Post
Hey what's with this air-tools BS?!? I mean that's cheating plus your arms don't get a good workout. Lookin' good so far keep us posted.
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2002 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GTZ34:
Hey what's with this air-tools BS?!? I mean that's cheating plus your arms don't get a good workout. Lookin' good so far keep us posted.

Hehehehe...mama didn't raise no fool
Done this before.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2002 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by avengador1:
Are you going to put that engine in Elvira's Blue car?

Um, ah...yeah....I'm putting it in the blue one...someday

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2002 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:
Um, ah...yeah....I'm putting it in the blue one...someday

Someday you might get some more!
And I'm not talking about Mike's Hard Lemonade either!

------------------
Elvira
President, New England Fiero Association (NEFA)
Blue 87GT 5sp (TruBlu)
Black 86GT 5sp (The Dirty Rat)
87 4-seater (2+2)
Maroon 88 T-top Formula (Fun-In-The-Sun)
85 GT autocrosser (Auto-X)

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2002 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Elvira:

ROFL! Thats a good one Renee!

Great pics guyz, looking forward to watch this project. Wish I could be there to help!

I will be down your way sometime in mid-late september, so you best get busy rob, i'm expectin a ride!

hehe

------------------

88CoupeV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2002 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88CoupeV6Click Here to visit 88CoupeV6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88CoupeV6Direct Link to This Post

LMAO

-----------
Josh Pics of my cars

Join New England Fiero Association

[This message has been edited by 88CoupeV6 (edited 08-27-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2002 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Killer! By the way I had you drive the V8 for a reason LOL. So you would let me take yours for a spin! Fairs fair right? LOL I might have time to come down and lend a hand this weekent if you are interested.
Rich
HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2002 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post

HIOSILVER!

1868 posts
Member since Mar 2002
By the way I am finally getting around to using a sig. But I cant find the thread that had it made for me and by who. So if your seeing this thanks!
And now back to our regularly scheduled program!
Rich
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
This is going to be a good thread......we like those build up threads.

Go Rob Go !!!!

crypto1079

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crypto1079Send a Private Message to crypto1079Direct Link to This Post
"The mad mechanic"??? No way, mechanics don't drink Mike's hard lemonade

Only natty ice in my garage... lol..

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Fun isnt it? I always enjoy working on my car. I'm looking foreward to seeing this project unfold!

------------------
James Essar
88 V6 Coupe 3.2L V6
NX Wet kit (83 street, 125 track)
Quik 6

Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

I love "In Progress" threads..

WE NEED MORE PICS!!

------------------

1985 3.4L Coupe/1984 SE
ClassicFiero.com

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HIOSILVER!:
Killer! By the way I had you drive the V8 for a reason LOL. So you would let me take yours for a spin! Fairs fair right? LOL I might have time to come down and lend a hand this weekent if you are interested.
Rich

Heheheh, why did I know there was a catch to that ride Your right - fair is fair! I'll be wrenching all day Saturday so your more then welcome to stop on by and lend a hand - or two

Rob D.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001
Thanks everyone - tune in tonight for day 2 as the saga of "The Dirty Rat" continues...
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
What kind of headers are those?? And where can I find a set like that?
Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:
What kind of headers are those?? And where can I find a set like that?

They were custom made by a guy named Steve Hamm. Then they were sent to Jet Hott to be coated.

PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pyrthian:
[b]What kind of headers are those?? And where can I find a set like that?

They were custom made by a guy named Steve Hamm. Then they were sent to Jet Hott to be coated.

[/B][/QUOTE]

now that a V-8's going in, can I buy them?

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:
now that a V-8's going in, can I buy them?

Sorry but that whole setup is going back into another car. I can get you the contact info for Steve if you like.

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:
Sorry but that whole setup is going back into another car. I can get you the contact info for Steve if you like.

Yeah, mine!!

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post

Elvira

933 posts
Member since Jun 2001
We have had a couple of people ask about the red poly "cups" on the tie rod ends, etc. We got them from Suspension Restoration Parts in Modesto, CA. Their web addy is www.suspension.com and their # is: (209)587-5101. Part # was 9-13101 Red, just in case anyone else is looking for them!
86seyellow

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
User Banned

Report this Post08-28-2002 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86seyellowSend a Private Message to 86seyellowDirect Link to This Post
Chester,

jsut a ? about yoru storage unit, how big is it, how hard to set it up and lastly how much, I am buying some type of buidling this week and I like what ya got there!!

Let me know Asap please

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86seyellow:
Chester,

jsut a ? about yoru storage unit, how big is it, how hard to set it up and lastly how much, I am buying some type of buidling this week and I like what ya got there!!

Let me know Asap please

It is 11'x20'x11'. We got it at BJ's for $360. It has a large zipper door on one side and a velcro back side. It has galvanized steel poles. It was very easy to set up, but you need to make sure it is anchored down really well if you live in a windy area!

86seyellow

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
User Banned

Report this Post08-28-2002 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86seyellowSend a Private Message to 86seyellowDirect Link to This Post
Cool, How did u anchor it, jsut by blocks ??
who is it made by, Im going to get one today!!!!!I can work on all the cars and paitn and everythign in here. Will it hold up to snow and stuff for storage?
Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86seyellow:
Cool, How did u anchor it, jsut by blocks ??
who is it made by, Im going to get one today!!!!!I can work on all the cars and paitn and everythign in here. Will it hold up to snow and stuff for storage?

It survived last winter without any problems we are actually going to get a couple of florescent lights to mount on the poles that run along the top. We used cinder blocks and a nail gun to anchor it. The pole bottoms have holes on all 4 corners of every base so you can use a nail gun or some type of nail spikes to anchor them. It gets really windy up here and so far, knock on wood, we have had NO problems with it. We have it up next to our garage door and we are going to join the garage and the porti-garage together with a large tarp so we will be able to go between the two even in the rain so we can get the Dirty Rat done so mine can get in there as she is getting the V6 we just pulled out. It works great! Plenty of room.

onfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2002 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireDirect Link to This Post
Could you post a picture of the v8.
aka....bump.

------------------

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2002 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by onfire:
Could you post a picture of the v8.
aka....bump.

Here you go You can get the specs off my website at www.dirtyratracing.org

Rob D.

PFF
System Bot
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2002 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001
Well, didn't accomplish much yesterday but like I said, I did do a little. Ripped all the insulation out of the engine compartment. To my surprise there is minimal rust for me to deal with. I'll be scrubbing the compartment and coating with POR-15 to kill any rust that is there and protect from any future development. Then I'm lining the compartment with Thermo-Tec insulation. Anyway, time to go to hell, oh I mean work. Catch you tonight for another update!

Rob D.

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2002 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Fuel injected V8! Nice nice

------------------
Alex4mulas :-)
N2O! 3.4!

fieroman84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2002 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman84Send a Private Message to fieroman84Direct Link to This Post
Ill take umm...2 of those...
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2002 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Great looking project Chester, looking forward to more posted pictures!!!

------------------

Click to Listen!

maverick2.0

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2002 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maverick2.0Send a Private Message to maverick2.0Direct Link to This Post
LOL With the way this project is turning out you should make a film and be on tv. I'd enjoy watching you fix your fiero.
artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2002 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
Lookin good Rob! THERE'S NO TURNING BACK NOW!!!

Love that hard lemonade, great stuff

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. (2:13.138 at Sears Point) "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver, In-Progreess. -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2002 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Thanks all!

Last night was a night of cleaning. The garage that is. Got the cradle on some saw horses and cleaned up the garage for today.

Elvira is happy to see some progress!

A little cleaner

Patiently awaiting its new home

More to come soon. Have to wait for the POR-15 to arrive so probably won't get far in the next few days.

Rob D.

------------------

Modified 2.8 (Soon to be a 383 V8 )
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
New web site! www.dirtyratracing.org

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 08-30-2002).]

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2002 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
Speaking of Por15, Can you paint over it with a base coat/clear coat paint?

project looks nice. These threads are great motivaters.

------------------
Two 88FORMULAS Red & Yellow
SSFiero@Aol.com

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2002 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Show off!!

Steve

------------------

http://kelleyfamilyfieros.50megs.com

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock