Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Cupholder/Armrest (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Cupholder/Armrest by TXGOOD
Started on: 03-10-2011 08:06 AM
Replies: 887 (62569 views)
Last post by: Cunnive on 07-05-2023 11:26 AM
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It`s really hard to tell with a computer picture because it has backlight which real material doesn`t have.
I have never been able to get close with material color from a computer picture.
I don`t mind sending some samples if you like.
I`m going to go down to the local boat dealer and look into something like this.

http://compare.ebay.com/lik...ceItemTypes&var=sbar

I`m also looking into finding a way to attach the front of the cupholder because I think there might be a better way.
I`m not sure about using velcro tape as I`m not sure if it would leave a residue on the console plate if you wanted to remove it.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 07-14-2011).]

IP: Logged
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very soon to be an option on the cupholders.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 07-15-2011).]

Axdrenalin

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Now that looks really great...I've been watching this thread for a while hoping that there would soon be a way to integrate the accessory power into the cup holders like that. Even gets it right out from under my arm when I've got the GPS plugged in, and looks really sharp. Looks like I'll have to put back a little coin and order one of these real soon. How much extra for this option?

Robert
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It will be about 15.00 more.
It works well because the electrical prongs on the back are the same as on the stock cigarette lighter.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i like that, hmmm....
DC88fiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2011 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DC88fieroSend a Private Message to DC88fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2011 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, guys here is the improved version.
The only difference on this one is the addition of the power outlet, but I have developed a new way of mounting the cupholder and it requires "no straps"
The picture below shows it mounted complete and it is very sturdily attached.
It may take a couple of minutes longer to mount but it`s worth it.
It attaches to the stock screw holes where the stock plate attaches.
You just remove the plate and remove the liners from the cupholder and use the same screws through an angle bar.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 07-16-2011).]

IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2011 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can I send mine back for a retrofit/upgrade?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New set with optional power outlet shipping out today to member.
Mike

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Attaboy! Saving up for a set now TXGOOD... I am impressed with your improvements losing the strap and moving the accesory power. Awesome.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tbone, I`m always trying to think of ways to change or improve something.
Some work, some don`t.
I think I just about have the cupholders and the console doors the way I want them.
Now, to try to work on my glovebox.
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A deep version with the optional power outlet shipping out to a member.

EmilioD

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EmilioDSend a Private Message to EmilioDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love to buy one of this but I need the cigaret lighter supply for my gps, Can I have it that way ? what is involved in the electrical installation,/ my interior is the tan with the darker tan combination .

Pleas let me know.

Thanks

------------------
Emilio

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Emilio, you have a PM.
Mike
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is Jim`s set going out, which I think is going in a chop-top.
I think the LSX emblem turned out really well.
Mike

Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you show a picture of the inside of the console door you make? Does it use the stock inside plastic piece?
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is Jim`s set going out, which I think is going in a chop-top.
I think the LSX emblem turned out really well.
Mike

Yes - it's going in CT#10. Bringing the exterior LSX theme to the interior.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick, I think the stock plastic piece would fit, but you might have to cut the bottom flange off that the middle screw goes through.
I think you would just have to run the screws on the sides into the ABS plastic backer.
I am going to try to install mine sometime.
Mike

Axdrenalin

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM inbound - I think it's time!
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check your paypal but hold off a couple of days as I may want to order the improved version with the lighter socket.The strapless design is much better looking than before so I applaud you for your constant upgrades.On one hand the socket gives you the liberty to use your GPS but on the other I believe the armrest looks a tad cleaner without it. I'll decide in a couple of days.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rick, I think the stock plastic piece would fit, but you might have to cut the bottom flange off that the middle screw goes through.
I think you would just have to run the screws on the sides into the ABS plastic backer.
I am going to try to install mine sometime.
Mike

I like the look of the your console door, and it solves the warping problem, but I really also like the built in holder inside the stock door. With the stuff I keep in it, things would dump out everytime I opened the door if it did not have the inner compartment. Keep me posted if you can get your door to work with the inner compartment installed.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 07-29-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
marc-alan

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marc-alanSend a Private Message to marc-alanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much to retrofit for the new mounting (if possible) and for the outlet?

Another option would be to buy another exact copy and put it in the other fiero, but I would like to see about retrofitting first

marc-alan
paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an Indy Fiero. Like the light gray cup holder. Want to know if you offer cup holder inserts in aluminum or stainless?

Ron Treichel

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will check and let you know.
Mike
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXGOOD

5410 posts
Member since Feb 2006
Ron, the dealer where I get my cupholder liners carries them in stainless steel.
They are a little different in size so I will have to get one and see if they would work.
It looks like they would run about 10.00 more for the pair.

DandRauto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DandRautoSend a Private Message to DandRautoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent to TXGOOD
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had some inquiries about doing the custom lettering etc like Jim had done on his console door with the LSX.
In order for an image to be sewn on it has to be digitized, which runs 65.00.
If you are willing to pay that, then once the image had been digitized you could basically have that sewn on most anything you want.
If a club or group wants to get together and chip in they can get their logo etc sewn on.
Mike
lilbanjoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lilbanjoeSend a Private Message to lilbanjoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my glove box door and cup holder installed today. I was able to use the factory pocket on the new glove box door. I had to trim about 1/4" off the top of it to get the door to close properly. I used the stock screws to attach it to the new door.

I need to clean up the trimming but it opens/closes great.

[This message has been edited by FieroMaster88 (edited 08-03-2011).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks really good in your car.
Glad you are pleased.
Glad to see someone put one of the pockets back on the door.
Mike
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent Mike!
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I decided to order my cupholder/armrest without the lighter socket. It looks good with it but when you have the lighter or GPS plug in it, there may be an obstruction to using the arm rest or grabbing the shift lever or the cups. My plan is to hide the lighter outlet at the bottom of the ash tray. Its out of sight there and I never smoke.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don`t know about you guys who have bought these cupholders but I have found on mine with a large fountain drink, if I had one of those flex straws I could drink soda without even lifting the cup out of the holder.
I have a pretty tall charger plug for my phone and when I use it my arm rests on the passenger side of the plug kind of across the pad.
But, then I have an automatic so I don`t have to shift.
Darkbullet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkbulletSend a Private Message to DarkbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sending a PM now.
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike,

Picked up the package yesterday - everything looks great and I hope to get it installed next weekend. I'll post a few pics then. Thanks again for doing a great job on mine!

Jim
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Jim, glad you were able to get it ok.
Lookin forward to seeing pics.
Mike
hetterbr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hetterbrSend a Private Message to hetterbrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received mine last week. The quality is Very Very good. I had a bit of an issue understanding a problem with the deeper cup holders, but Mike was able to figure it out quite quickly. They tightened down very nicely. The color matched up very well. overall, an awesome job. Thanks.

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are a few of the last I have done.
Mike

lilbanjoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lilbanjoeSend a Private Message to lilbanjoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
Nilknarf

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2011 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NilknarfSend a Private Message to NilknarfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about an option for a second outlet in the front, or an alternative spot to put the outlet?

[This message has been edited by Nilknarf (edited 08-13-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock