Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Cupholder/Armrest (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Cupholder/Armrest by TXGOOD
Started on: 03-10-2011 08:06 AM
Replies: 887 (62468 views)
Last post by: Cunnive on 07-05-2023 11:26 AM
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is really no room to have the back part hollow.
The pad is made of 1/2" plywood which sits directly on the base which is also made of 1/2" plywood.
There is about 1/2" of foam on the pad.
The only way I could see doing that is to make a hole in the base and have a "box" if you will, hang down below the bottom of the base.
But that would require cutting into the console, which is not very deep as it is.
And to raise the pad up would start to get it to an uncomfortable height to rest your arm.
I appreciate the comments though, as I like to look for new ways to have options.
IP: Logged
Quad Raider

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought that might be the case. It's such a cool product, figured it wouldn't hurt to suggest an idea for making it even more utilitarian.

Even if you could figure out a way to make a space that's only a 1/2 inch deep it would still be useful. I'm currently driving a car that has no place to put the various items I find myself carrying around and it makes me crazy.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will look into it and see if I can come up with something.
jimlong67

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM
Jim

------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins.
2004 White Sebring Convertible
1986 Black Fiero GT
Kathryn's Welded Metal Artist

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2013 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim, I`m not ignoring you.
If you sent a PM I didn`t get it.
Mike
jimlong67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM
I would like a Lt grey glove box with black top,small round locking latch,and 1 power outlet. A Shallow cup holder, arm rest Lt Grey) with power socket. (Fiero emblem on arm rest Black thread) (Fiero GT??)
Jim

------------------
1986 Black Fiero GT

jimlong67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jimlong67

256 posts
Member since Oct 2012
You have a PM
I would like a Lt grey glove box with black top,small round locking latch,and 1 power outlet Centered. A Shallow cup holder, arm rest Lt Grey) with light grey thread with power socket. (Fiero emblem on arm rest Black thread) (Fiero GT??)
I am having trouble with PM's I can't tell if the last one went through. I sent the money by PP
Jim

------------------
1986 Black Fiero GT

jimlong67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM
I don't know if my PM worked.
Could you add the 3rd piece to my order (door between the seats) with logo and no logo on the arm rest. I just noticed my factory door is warped. Let me kow much more for the door?
Jim

------------------
1986 Black Fiero GT

[This message has been edited by jimlong67 (edited 01-11-2013).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim, You have a PM.
Mike
jimlong67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent
Thanks
Jim

------------------
1986 Black Fiero GT

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Jim
PFF
System Bot
85GT_3800SC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GT_3800SCSend a Private Message to 85GT_3800SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paypal sent today for a set of these beautiful creations! Material is coming to you from MrMikes.
I Love the look of this stuff inside a Fiero!
Thanks Mike.
Al
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Al, yours ought to be quite a unique set.
Mike
jimlong67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2013 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike
How do I remove the (map holder?) where I put the new glove box. I looked under the dash and there is a large heat/air duct behind the dash, I can't get my hand up between the back of the dash and the duct.
Jim

------------------
1986 Black Fiero GT

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2013 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim, there are different ways that I have seen people post about the removal of the map pocket.
One is to remove the dash.
Some claim that you can remove the speaker to get to the top two nuts and through the bottom for the lower ones.
I just pulled mine off, breaking the studs.
If I ever reattach mine I will just use double sided tape to stick it back on.
jimlong67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2013 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tearing it off sounds good to me. I don't ever seeing me taking off the glove box.
Jim

------------------
1986 Black Fiero GT

hetterbr

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2013 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hetterbrSend a Private Message to hetterbrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey there, wondering what the cost of a glove box alone would be? You created an armrest for me some time ago, and I love it. so am looking for a matching glove box.

Needs to be shipped to; Regina, SK. Canada S4T 7A8.

thanks
Brent

hetterbr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2013 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hetterbrSend a Private Message to hetterbrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hetterbr

213 posts
Member since Feb 2009
sorry tried to insert the picture, but it didn't work. the armrest you created is on page 3 of this thread. the lighter armrest with deep cup holders and an auxilary plug.

Brent
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone need a cupholder, console door or glovebox?
I`m almost finished with my current orders.
Next month the base price will stay the same but I`m going to have to start charging for shipping as it is starting to vary more.
Mike
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2013 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my cup holder/arm rest today for the Indy. Looks great. Thanks again.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2013 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks James, if you get a chance post a pic.
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2013 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ill post one up Monday.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2013 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want your setup with 2 cup holders and lighter...no wood in longer piece, just padding...but I am want to encompass it when I re-wrap that entire piece in black leather...I would want to discuss...please PM me.

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2013 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I`m coming up to Dallas tomorrow for the NTFC meeting.
If you are going to be there you can show me what you want.
Mike
85GT_3800SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2013 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GT_3800SCSend a Private Message to 85GT_3800SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike, thanks for making this great looking set.It will go nicely with the color scheme change I am planning for my car!
Al.

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2013 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Al, post a pic when it is installed.
Mike
85GT_3800SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2013 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GT_3800SCSend a Private Message to 85GT_3800SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will Do!
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a picture. I'll get one of it installed when it's installed.

Flyboygt86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Flyboygt86Send a Private Message to Flyboygt86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to order cup holder deep with power socket, console door with logo, and glove box. I have some pictures I would like to send for color.
Thanks Chuck
85GT_3800SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GT_3800SCSend a Private Message to 85GT_3800SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received my glove box / console door / arm rest / cupholders today! They arrived in a sturdy box, with all pieces individually bagged and placed in the box with lots of foam popcorn and cardboard pieces to cushion the ride.The installation instructions were also there,sitting on top.I am very impressed with everything.From the quality of the work done and good communication, to the comprhensive instructions and top notch shipping methods.I will post pics when I get the items installed later this year.Thanks Mike!

Al
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Al
PFF
System Bot
Knight Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2013 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Knight RiderSend a Private Message to Knight RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlownFiero86:

So what would the price be for three pieces. Armrest, Storage Compartment Door as in this picture, and a matching Glove Compartment (with the same twist latch and one power outlet on the left side, dark color on top,)
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Knight Rider you have a PM.
Mike
John Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John Black88GTSend a Private Message to John Black88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received my set today. They look great!!1
Thanks Mike
Flyboygt86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Flyboygt86Send a Private Message to Flyboygt86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Mike
Iam still interested have you found my color yet?
Chuck
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have the really light Tan, right.
If so I really don`t know what to use because in the pictures it looks very light.
It`s so hard to tell from a photograph.
If you had a small piece of the material of the color you need it would help.
Mike
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed the newer pictures don't have the strap anymore. How does the armrest stay on now?

BTW, I know it's been said a bunch of times, but that is an awesome looking product!
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Here is the latest going out to Coady from Canada.
It is a custom with carbon fiber accents and two outlets mounted on the glovebox.
Mike

Man that glovebox would look nice in my car......Hmmmmm......
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
netcam, after you remove the cover and cigarette lighter socket, the stock screws go through some angle brackets and hold it down.
You remove the liners to get to where the screws go.
Takes a few more minutes but it holds it down good.
Dan, I can do a glovebox.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 02-27-2013).]

coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey Frizlefrak you will be really happy with the glove box the one in the picture is mine and having the two power outlets right there is awesome and this mans workmanship is second to none... my only problem with him is that he does not make more things that i can buy lol.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock