Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Haus of Guru: The Ultimate Car Build Off (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Haus of Guru: The Ultimate Car Build Off by bmwguru
Started on: 01-29-2011 11:02 AM
Replies: 577 (43759 views)
Last post by: Charlie64 on 11-19-2017 09:51 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice i almost chose these myself, but opted for a very simlair style.

Charlie do you know what size of lips you are going to have ?

Great choice.
IP: Logged
Charlie64

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony. Looking at about 2.5 to 3 inch lip up front and 5.5 to 6 inch on the rear wheels. Placing the order for the tires today.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Charlie64:

Thanks Tony. Looking at about 2.5 to 3 inch lip up front and 5.5 to 6 inch on the rear wheels. Placing the order for the tires today.

Wow! The rear lips 5.5"-6 will be the widest ever attempted on a Fiero. I'm going to pass out once I see them. Leroy and I have 5" on the rears.
LaFierte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2012 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LaFierteSend a Private Message to LaFierteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where did you get the gauges from?
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2012 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speedhut. The address is http://www.speedhut.com/ Great sales staff and customer service.
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2012 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick 10 second video of the blower being louder than the exhaust...The video was taken from my phone. In person, the car sounds amazing.
Dave

Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2012 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What exhaust? All I heard was wwwwwwhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiinnnnneeeeee!!!

THAT'S SICK!!!

[This message has been edited by Charlie64 (edited 03-27-2012).]

Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2012 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I stopped by the tire shop to get an alignment on my wife's vehicle when I saw two of my four tires had come in.

The one on the left is a 255 and the same tires I currently have on the front of my car. Looks pretty small compared to the 325!
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jeez guys, I have to pick up my jaw from the floor after that video... only to have to do it again looking at that rubber! Love the progress on your car Charlie!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I stopped by the tire shop to get an alignment on my wife's vehicle when I saw two of my four tires had come in.

Sweet. IMHO the Michelins are stickier than PZeros. You can actually feel the sticky tread.
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This week will be pretty much tuning time for the car. I'll be datalogging with a wideband to and from work and making adjustments as needed.
My only complaint so far is the front suspension kit achieves max caster at 4.8 degrees. I was hoping to run more than that, but the 4.8 degrees is in factory spec.

Dave
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2012 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The anticipation is killing me !

When you put those wheels on, i may need resuscitation.
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2012 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spent some time driving the car today....all I can say is that car is FAST! I am looking forward to seeing the dyno numbers soon.
Not sure if I listed the mods before, but here is the list:

POR 15 engine bay and cradle
Held Motorsports complete front suspension upgrade with coil overs and tubular control arms
Rodney Dickman's shifter rebuild kit and transmission bracket upgrades
Generation 5 blower with 3.0" supercharger pulley
powdercoated to match the body aluminum valve covers
77mm throttle body with ZZP's turndown to fit under the decklid
Full size intercooler with custom reservoir
ZZP stage 3 ported heads with oversize valves (it has the XP hot cam)
Devil's own Methanol injection- I was able to add 4 degrees of timing safely at WOT
4" CAI
(pre existing hand made stainless steel unequal length headers)

I'm sure Charlie will be seeing some 1st place trophies this year...

------------------

www.hausofguru.com

InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2012 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

Just a quick 10 second video of the blower being louder than the exhaust...The video was taken from my phone. In person, the car sounds amazing.
Dave

Sweet sounds/looks great.

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been driving charlie's car and testing its limits.......let's just say the car now has enough power to make a Getrag blow into many pieces.
I'll update as we progress.
Dave
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well in excess of 430whp easily kills a Getrag 282, the axles, and clutch....most impressive that this was done while rolling after shifting to 2nd from 1st!!!

On the positive side...the tune is 100% perfect

Quite the increase from last year
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...Sorry to hear the news? Or am I? Can't wait to see this car when it's finished! What's the status of the new wheels?
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wheels are due in this week. Tires are already in.

Here's the fronts.

I picked up the centercaps for my wheels from the paint shop yesterday. They were painted to match my car. I decided to put the decals on now.

With tape removed from exterior ring...

With decal applied.

[This message has been edited by Charlie64 (edited 04-08-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2012 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Charlie can you give me the offsets you are using on your wheels ?

Your car still has the 87 suspension right ??
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2012 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure Tony. PM sent.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just spent the last 45 minutes or so reading all 10 pages or so, my jaw is still on the floor- someone come and scrape it off lol.

Those rear tires are , I can't wait to see those wheels- I just might stroke out

Hopefully if I'm lucky enough, I'll get to see this bad boy up close at one of the shows on the east coast at some point
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wheels are due in this week.

Wow! That's quick.
RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great choice on the wheels !!!! cant wait to see it
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RULOOKIN:

Great choice on the wheels !!!! cant wait to see it

Now if we can just get you to do a build thread on your awesome ride, everything would be good within the fiero world !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2012 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are scrambling to get the car ready for the car shows, but as stated before the transmission failed. An upgrade is in the works.
Here are a few pics of what serious torque and horsepower can do to a Getrag....

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We are scrambling to get the car ready for the car shows, but as stated before the transmission failed. An upgrade is in the works.
Here are a few pics of what serious torque and horsepower can do to a Getrag....

Real Bummer!

F23 or F40 ??? as I know you're NOT going AUTO.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wheels arrive yet ??
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Wheels arrive yet ??

Yeah, what he said.
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry...not yet guys. Should be done shortly.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wheel watch.
PFF
System Bot
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talked to Forgeline on Thursday. They have very strict quality control measures and one of the wheels didn't meet their standards. They expect to ship them to me by Monday or Tuesday. In regards to the drivetrain...things are proceeding on track.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeouch! I know this feeling. Once had an MX6 pull a similar trick...

Didn't quite vent the case like that though!

What are you chaps up to on the replacement transmission front anyways?

------------------

Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right now that remains CLASSIFIED . More to follow in the coming weeks.

Today my Forgelines arrived. I'll be posting pictures shortly. They look amazing.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Right now that remains CLASSIFIED . More to follow in the coming weeks.

Today my Forgelines arrived. I'll be posting pictures shortly. They look amazing.

Holy cow ! Allllll right !

i am probably more excited than the owner hehehe. Can't wait to see them.

You may sway my choice of wheels hehehe.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2012 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOC?
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2012 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok everyone...as promised. Here's what I found when I got home yesterday...

A special thanks goes to Rick at Wheels Performance for putting this together and Mark at Forgeline for working with me to get the measurements right.

Here's my actual offsets just for you Tony!

The guys at Forgeline did an excellent job of packing the wheels as you can see.

Stamped with date of completion!!!

Front wheel

Rear wheel...deep dish anyone???

Side by side...

They looked so good I decided to see how they looked with the centercaps I had done

I'm not going to have the tires mounted until the car is back.

[This message has been edited by Charlie64 (edited 05-03-2012).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2012 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice!!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2012 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Side by side...

Sweeeeet! Hats off to you for raising the bar when it comes to wheels and that rear lip is crazy! I can't wait to see the wheels mounted on the Fiero.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2012 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. So how deep is that rear lip? edit: 5.5" that is impressive.

They look awesome, and those center caps should really make them pop with that awesome paint job your car has.

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 05-03-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock