Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Mark II 90mm Low-profile buckets (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
Mark II 90mm Low-profile buckets by Fiero1Fan
Started on: 11-12-2009 12:23 PM
Replies: 423
Last post by: Fiero1Fan on 07-05-2011 03:38 AM
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Here is the listing for the new Mark II 90mm Low-profile buckets.

Pre-orders are now being accepted. PayPal payments to Synthesis: synssins@yahoo.com Price is $195 USD plus shipping.
Shipping inside the Continental US is $15 USD, please ask for a quote for other areas. European customers please contact me at Fiero1Fan@fieros.eu .
Other forms of payment (check, MO, etc) must be approved directly by Synthesis and will delay shipping until payment has been processed.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR PFF USERNAME IN THE PAYMENT!! It saves a lot of headaches.

Listed below are the names of those who were interested and wanted to be put on the "List".
Anyone who I have missed or is no longer interested please just drop me a pm and let me know.

Here they are before finishing work and coating:

Tabs and final welding:

CNC'ed holes:

After coating pics will follow shortly!!

Zigaroo **PAID**
PurpleReign
CarlSchutz
GT Conversion
Larry Nakamura **PAID**
Alex4Mula **PAID**
AustrianImport
labbe001 **PAID**
DougC
DLCLK87GT **PAID**
MiJunk
Chavo
MetroMatt
cancerkazoo **PAID**
dedgar
RixtheTrick **PAID**
GMEFiero
Alibi **PAID**
Snapperhead
BlackThunderGT **PAID**
Eau_Rouge **PAID**
Flyn2Low
Dirty Harry **PAID**
rourke_87_T-Top
NilkNarf **PAID**
Fiero Jonney **PAID**
JPD88FieroGT **PAID**
ghost187x
Mikejhjr **PAID**
seadog **PAID**
Carver Too
eph_kay
1986 Fiero GT **PAID**
CheshireGrin
QUIKRIDE86 **PAID**
currie68
timcha **PAID**
whodeanie
Hammer18 **PAID**
CrazyDragn
88V8GT **PAID**
Jay-ID **PAID**
Caladin **PAID**
02greens10 **PAID**
theiss2200
PS87GT **PAID**
DaveP **PAID**
Mirriador **PAID**
Carter Chin **PAID**
BobJones97 **PAID**
Fieromadman **PAID**
Nebiros88 **PAID**
carbon **PAID**

------------------
Fiero1Fan

Fieros Europe

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 01-15-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
they look great even better than the first set I have.
what is the cost of the new set?
I may decide to use them on my new 88
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 11-12-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

they look great even better than the first set I have.
what is the cost of the new set now that they are being done in the US.
I may decide to use them on my new 88
D.

The new price, with the nickel chrome coating is right around 195. We are still zeroing in on the final cost because the buckets went to coating today.

A little more expensive than the last batch, but the shipping is a lot cheaper now. Shipping will be $15 flat in the Continental US.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
Can they be bought without the coating for those of us who might want to powder-coat them? Or is it not recommended to PC them? Also, are you still making the harness for these? Any package deals for harness and buckets?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

Can they be bought without the coating for those of us who might want to powder-coat them? Or is it not recommended to PC them? Also, are you still making the harness for these? Any package deals for harness and buckets?

No. All are going to get the coating. PC should stick over the top, but is not recommended. The adjuster clip holes have a machined tolerance specifically for the clips with enough room for a coat of paint. PC would result in the clips not fitting right, and the risk of breaking the clip when inserting the adjuster during installation.

I am making the harnesses. I am backed up, as I have two that have been paid for, and I have not shipped yet. I am finishing them up, getting them out.
Sadly, right now there is no package deal. I may consider doing so in the near future.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:
for those of us who might want to powder-coat them?

PC is possible but not recommended because you would have to remove the PC out of all holes before you can mount the lights into the buckets and on the headlight motors.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
I was asked via PM:

"Are there any differences between these and the original design?"

My answer:

Yes

The previous versions consisted of multiple flat plates, jig welded together. While this worked, it led to squared edges and a lot of flexing.

The new design is a one piece CNC bent design that eliminates the flex, and adds a top lip. The top lip folds back approximately 1/2". This lip means that we no longer need door edge guard, and because it fits at the sides, it allows us to put a small weld inside the corner at the top and the bottom.

The bottom tabs are welded in place. Those are the only "extra" pieces on the buckets.

The holes for the adjuster clips are milled into the surface of the buckets. This allows us to leave a finished, smooth edge that is made specifically for the clip to fit.
The original design was a chamfered edge. While this works, the clips were designed to fit into a square edged opening, not against a beveled surface.

With this change, the clips now lock right in, and are very solid, but at the same time, allow enough movement that adjusting the headlights is a breeze. The clip is snug, but will spin freely when adjusting headlamps.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
A shot of the milled adjuster clip holes.

Painted up, ready for installation..
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
I powder coated my gen 1 buckets and as f1f stated you have to rasp or sand down the holes. It does mess with the tolerances of the bolts and adjusters just a little but enough to not be able to insert them properly. I chose the powder coating due greater longevity and chip resistance.
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
So, I'm interested in paying but do I pay $195 plus $15 shipping or should I wait untill the final price is available and then pay?

Also, I understand that you, Synthesis, are behind on making harnesses but would you sell just the connectors so that I can make some Tier 1 harnesses to use till you're caught up and can buy a Tier 3 harness? I understand you're busy, but I don't know where I can find those locally and I can make a simple harness myself, I just need the parts.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alibi:

So, I'm interested in paying but do I pay $195 plus $15 shipping or should I wait untill the final price is available and then pay?

Also, I understand that you, Synthesis, are behind on making harnesses but would you sell just the connectors so that I can make some Tier 1 harnesses to use till you're caught up and can buy a Tier 3 harness? I understand you're busy, but I don't know where I can find those locally and I can make a simple harness myself, I just need the parts.

I actually have two Tier 1 harnesses complete. I built them as a proof of concept. One for each side. If you want those, I have em and may be able to squeeze them in with the buckets in one box. I'd let those go for 50 with the buckets.

As for the pricing. I think it is safe to say, yes. 195 per set plus shipping.

If you do pay in by Paypal, please put "Buckets - Forum Name" in the subject line. I need to keep those separate from anything to do with Tyler's car.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-12-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
And the rush begins..

Hurry up. If you are on the list and want a set, jump on them now...
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Any guesstimate on time left?
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

I actually have two Tier 1 harnesses complete. I built them as a proof of concept. One for each side. If you want those, I have em and may be able to squeeze them in with the buckets in one box. I'd let those go for 50 with the buckets.

As for the pricing. I think it is safe to say, yes. 195 per set plus shipping.

If you do pay in by Paypal, please put "Buckets - Forum Name" in the subject line. I need to keep those separate from anything to do with Tyler's car.

That'll work for me. I'll paypal you funds here in just a few minutes

Edit:

....Annnnd sent

[This message has been edited by Alibi (edited 11-12-2009).]

JPD88FieroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPD88FieroGTSend a Private Message to JPD88FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Sent for coating today, 5-7 days to coat. Then shipping. Photos when they come back.

Remaining comment censored by the government.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-12-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Oh, the first post has been updated...

Funds conversion from other forms of currency to USD needs to be taken into account please.
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Payment Sent -
FieroJonney

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyDirect Link to This Post
payment will be sent tomorrow or saturday!
and Chris, you have a PM
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for a set, I'm heading to Paypal now.
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post

timcha

741 posts
Member since Jun 2008
Payment sent!
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
A photo bump of the set in my car. Please forgive the grainy quality, it was dark outside, and the flash did not work with the light in front.

Click for a larger view... Note, the OEM appearance because of the bent front, rather than the seam. Also, yes, I know the aim is off on the lamps. I broke clips when I moved the lights from the old buckets to the new, and need to reinstall the new clips. I have not done so yet.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-13-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Updated "daylight" photos...

Click for a larger view.

I took these during lunch today in front of my work.
This is the very first set of buckets, and have not been protection coated. The paint that is on these was sprayed on with no primer, and was done for show and tell at the Fiero club meeting here in MN a month ago. I have installed them without the protective nickel chrome, and without primer. I will probably pull and refinish them eventually...
Just disregard the paint chips. It does not stick well to bare metal.

CheshireGrin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinDirect Link to This Post
Can you get some from a little further back from the car
Thanks
Ryan
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CheshireGrin:

Thanks
Ryan

How far back are you thinking? These are identical dimensions to the first run, just refined, one piece.

They look and operate identically to the original design.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CheshireGrin:

Thanks
Ryan

You can see how they look here on the first page: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/035039.html
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Just curious, but how many buckets were manufactured in each batch? I understand this second batch was doubled after a shop accidentally made all left buckets instead of half and half. I was just wondering if there were enough buckets to fulfill demands this time around and if there would be additional batches in the future (in case I get another Fiero).
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alibi:

Just curious, but how many buckets were manufactured in each batch? I understand this second batch was doubled after a shop accidentally made all left buckets instead of half and half. I was just wondering if there were enough buckets to fulfill demands this time around and if there would be additional batches in the future (in case I get another Fiero).

Ok. During assembly, we were shorted a few brackets for the lift arm.

This means that a safe bet would be a total of 46 completed sets (we are making the rest to complete the last few).

Yes, there will be another batch down the road, but that is a long ways out. This batch will sell out, and then once it is gone, the decision will be made to produce another round....
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I wish I had waited to get these rather then the Gen1... Especially since I haven't installed them yet...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/094633.html

Fiero Owner

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

Wow, I wish I had waited to get these rather then the Gen1... Especially since I haven't installed them yet...

Me as well.

So are the only differences between generation one and generation two is that generation two are all one piece and they have the extra lip bit on the top of the buckets?
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent...
PFF
System Bot
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
Does somebody have a picture of 1 car with a gen 2 (or 1 ((close enough)) lamp setup on one side and a standard setup on the other? I think that would be the best example/illustration of the difference between 198? and 2009..??? I can't wait to sell my parts car to get the $$$ for these!!!

Edit to say; i SO want ot write payment sent!!!!

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 11-13-2009).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys, I can post all the pics from the old thread in this thread again but it would just fill up this thread like the old one.
All of the comparison pics that you are wanting are located in the old thread. Take a look through it.
zigaroo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent!

Btw, I'm "Zagaroo" on the list. I think F1F just misspelled my name.

[This message has been edited by zigaroo (edited 11-14-2009).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zigaroo:

Payment sent!

Btw, I'm "Zagaroo" on the list. I think F1F just misspelled my name.

Sorry, my bag....

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 11-14-2009).]

FieroJonney

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent!
Thanks guys
Nilknarf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NilknarfSend a Private Message to NilknarfDirect Link to This Post
Chris, payment sent....
mikejhjr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
bump
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
There was an issue at the coater with the nickel/chrome coating. It destroyed two buckets during the process...

They look fine, but there are too many areas for the process to pool up and prevent a solid coating from the second layer.

The shop already charged the setup fee, but they are moving back into a true zinc plating. While it is a different process, it won't affect the price, and the zinc plating will still provide a high level of protection. Paint adheres to it better than the nickel chrome....

Sorry for the last minute change... When I got the call and saw the two damaged buckets, an executive decision was made to change processes.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock