Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  GT Fastback Tail Light Repair Covers (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
GT Fastback Tail Light Repair Covers by Slammed
Started on: 03-03-2016 08:56 PM
Replies: 662 (31680 views)
Last post by: fireboss on 01-19-2017 01:12 PM
Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is very very odd that they are short. I fit every single cover on my lenses here because that's how I align the lettering. Maybe my passenger lens is shorter than yours somehow. They are actually supposed to be a hair long.

All of the edges where the tail lights meet in the middle will need to be trimmed. This is totally dependent on fitment of your lights to the fiero body. Some gaps are bigger than others. If the cover is too short, I would suggest removing more from the curved area of the lens when you modify them so the cover can fully wrap
IP: Logged
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those spots of water is the condensation that forms under my old lenses because the water drips down inside of them from the crack on the top edge.

Slammed, they may be perfect, I just layed them on top of the old ones, probably more room there to make them perfect... ... Don't want to damage them before I install them!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[This message has been edited by Shho13 (edited 04-23-2016).]

jessesmith121

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jessesmith121Send a Private Message to jessesmith121Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So how do I order mine? PM sent
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
great job slammed

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
(Picture borrowed from the internet)....I'm going to make a recommendation here. This is not for everyone but if you have a Dremel tool and feel comfortable doing this, cut out the areas that I highlighted in green:

The lens covers will look 100% better not covering a scratched clear lens and you will not see shadowing from the factory "Pontiac" logo. The reason for cutting just the lettering instead of the whole area is so the red light diffuser will not fall out. It needs the factory groves to stay in place. Just a thought for those who feel comfortable doing this.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 04-23-2016).]

aldan78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aldan78Send a Private Message to aldan78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks awesome. let us know how the install goes shho.

How is production going Slammed? Any idea when mine might ship? I'm not going to hold you to it or flame you if you don't ship on that exact date. Just curious if you had a rough idea. You can PM me if you don't want to post here.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

(Picture stolen from the internet)....I'm going to make a recommendation here. This is not for everyone but if you have a Dremel tool and feel comfortable doing this, cut out the areas that I highlighted in green:

The lens covers will look 100% better not covering a scratched clear lens and you will not see shadowing from the factory "Pontiac" logo. The reason for cutting just the lettering instead of the whole area is so the red light diffuser will not fall out. It needs the factory groves to stay in place. Just a thought for those who feel comfortable doing this.

This was posted by me in the beginning and are the instructions I have given to everyone. There are pics in the OP

All will be shipped by Monday the 25th

[This message has been edited by Slammed (edited 04-23-2016).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slammed:

This was posted by me in the beginning and are the instructions I have given to everyone. There are pics in the OP

All will be shipped by Monday the 25th

I didn't see that post but it really needs be done to the original lenses. Then they truly will look like new factory taillights. I'm very happy to see that you are doing this and hopefully you will not get too frustrated with the members on here who doubted your abilities. Keep up the good work, on the next batch take your time, and continue to make a stellar product.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Soho-- Glad to see another member of the Nexus 5X master race!

As for the lenses-- I'm very glad to see that these are legit. Despite a rough start, it's obvious that she has product, it's obvious the product is good quality (based on the pictures and video) and it's obvious that there are a lot of people who owe some apologies.

I'll start-- while I held out hope that this thing was legit, there was a point where I was beginning to think it was indeed some sort of cut and run if not an outright scam. I was wrong. Micayla I'm sorry I doubted you and I hope the teething issues for your business are behind you and now you can transition into smooth operations.

Next step-- Slammed has said she is prevented from outright making tail light lenses by an agreement with her previous employer. Who is good with fiberglass and can produce a mounting frame to hold these lens covers in place?

[This message has been edited by Napoleon_Tanerite (edited 04-23-2016).]

Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No one owes me an apology. I apologize to every one else for making this so difficult and the incredible delays. I will be looking for help soon because doing everything I plan on doing is going to be hard on my own and I'm struggling as is. This will be the end of delivering issues and when my laser is fixed the product will be even better than what has been received. I had to cut out and sand all of these by hand and petg is soft, so handling marks were totally unavoidable leaving me to sand out and polish nearly all of these last covers I made
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I was pretty critical.. So for what it is worth, I apologize..

Mark
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good! Thanks to all who posted their impressions.
rice.1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rice.1Send a Private Message to rice.1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shho,
PM sent for unrelated topic. Not high jacking the thread.

Slammed,
Excellent product. I've been following the thread, and hoped all turned out well. Looks like this will be a quality product that will help a lot of people. Hope everything works out well for you and you can improve the product to perfection, and that things go smoother for you in the future.
Yannsky

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YannskySend a Private Message to YannskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi

Is someone installed it? Any picture of the product with the light on??

Thks
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Slammed (edited 05-18-2016).]

Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gonna get these things going tonight. Hopfully everything goes well; expect some more pictures.

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, Raydar, it looks as if your was here this morning.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Well, Raydar, it looks as if your was here this morning.

I never posted Raydar's tracking and looking at it now it says Thursday.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh. I pulled the tracking number shown above, and yes, it did show Thursday.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I never posted Raydar's tracking and looking at it now it says Thursday.

Yes. Yes it does.
I'm thinking it may actually be sooner than that, since it's already made it to Missouri. Thanks!
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just an FYI to all, my cheap Harbor Freight dremel tool is having a very hard time cutting through the lenses. My drill is doing the job, but it's definitely not as precise of a cut. Only bummer is my Nycad batteries are shot so I have to do it in bursts. :/

I have both my lenses apart, housings and inner lenses cleaned up, all the goo removed, re-painted the light reflectors, and have half a tail light lens cut apart. Maybe tomorrow Ill go get a real dremel or ill borrow my buddy's drill with fresh batteries to get them done tomorrow.

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PFF
System Bot
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Their rotary tools are garbage. If you don't want to spend the money on a real dremel just buy a cheap $10 HF angle grinder and do all the rough cutting with that and a cut off disc. Then go back through and touch up with the rotary tool if you have to. The cut off disc will burn the plastic just as much as it will cut it but that's not really much of an issue since you won't see it.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have my tail lights shipped?
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw these are up for sale on ebay now as well.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

Have my tail lights shipped?

Yes they were dropped off yesterday. I uploaded the info to the claim and forgot to PM you.
aldan78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aldan78Send a Private Message to aldan78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
were mine shipped then as well?
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aldan78:

were mine shipped then as well?

No but I am boxing them up right now! I'll send you a PM with the receipt and tracking
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 2; just finished modifying the lenses. I am documenting everything, and will make a post about it. I am going to take a break and then silicone them in before I go to bed.

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Macondave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MacondaveSend a Private Message to MacondaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The set on ebay must have sold quick. I dont see it posted anymore.
Macondave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MacondaveSend a Private Message to MacondaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Macondave

14 posts
Member since Oct 2015
The set on ebay must have sold quick. I don't see it anymore.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No they are still there. If you want a set they are going to be made to order until my laser is fixed and it is cheaper to get them through the forum than ebay

[This message has been edited by Slammed (edited 04-26-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
aldan78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aldan78Send a Private Message to aldan78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No but I am boxing them up right now! I'll send you a PM with the receipt and tracking

awesome, thank's
Jonathan Tate

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan TateSend a Private Message to Jonathan TateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My laser is out of commission and after figuring out what it's going to cost me to get it fixed all of these may not happen for months or longer. Essentially all of my products are at a stand still while I try and figure out my money situation

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/096474-2.html

My laser is out of commission and after figuring out what it's going to cost me to get it fixed this may not happen for months or longer. Essentially all of my products are at a stand still while I try and figure out my money situation

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/096453-2.html

Originally posted by Slammed:Essentially all of my products are at a stand still while I try and figure out my money situation

Notice how he states;

Originally posted by Slammed:[SIZE=3 all of my products are at a stand still [/SIZE]

The only product he has actually produced are the tail light covers and less than 10 sets so far. It would appear that he will only produce those under extreme pressure as it took PayPal claims to get those made. The ones listed on eBay? They do not exist yet as the ad clearly states it takes one week to produce a set. Notice the Zero feedback.

THERE IS A ONE WEEK WAIT TIME FROM PURCHASE. THESE ARE MADE TO ORDER

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152...e=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
We know how long a week is for Slammed.........

[This message has been edited by Jonathan Tate (edited 04-27-2016).]

Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And? I have multiple threads so I put the update in all of them

I have plans to put out other products but won't until my laser is fixed. I can do these by hand but it is very time consuming. I don't see what the problem is...

It has been in the OP that I would be doing these on a made to order basis, for over a month

[This message has been edited by Slammed (edited 04-27-2016).]

Jonathan Tate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan TateSend a Private Message to Jonathan TateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't see what the problem is...

Exactly!
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool. Thanks for your input. I guess I just won't make them at all then.
Jonathan Tate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan TateSend a Private Message to Jonathan TateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cool. Thanks for your input. I guess I just won't make them at all then.

You are very close to doing that right now.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know it!
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonathan Tate:

Chill a bit. Have there been issues? Yes. Has product been delivered? Yes. Do I have questions & concerns? Yes.

Have the people who received product posted many pics? No. I'm not sure what happened, there. You guys need to post pics and reviews.

Slammed, I never did figure out how the financial aspect would work on this, as a full-time job. Bottom line, as many have said, these will sell, once good reviews are out and the issues ironed out. I still recommend going with a known vendor, like TFS. They can purchase in bulk, which is good for everyone.
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonathan Tate:

Oh geez. You just can't let it rest? Slammed delivered the lenses. It took some time, but she did it. Yeah it took time and some fighting, but what's done is done. Case closed.

Have you ever ordered something from West Cost Fiero? It takes weeks. These are custom parts, and these lenses are parts that everyone never thought would EVER be produced again. This is no way to treat a new vendor.

Did you buy a set of these lenses? You look like a new name in this thread...

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock