Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  All Fiero all the time! Let's make some parts and repair some stuff (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
All Fiero all the time! Let's make some parts and repair some stuff by Slammed
Started on: 03-03-2016 09:16 PM
Replies: 71 (2680 views)
Last post by: E.Furgal on 04-27-2016 04:01 AM
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:

What about some sort of pod to replace the GT's extra gauge pod? Something that uses standard 2" gauges or something? With that space you could easily fit 3 or maybe even 4 2" gauges up there as opposed to the fairly wasteful two that are currently there.

There is a metal plate out there (see eBay) that holds (3) standard 2 1/16" gauges and uses the stock pod minus the faceplate and guts.
IP: Logged
cmechmann

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about an easy one.
The nice clear flush mount head light covers. Not the ones with the bubble/hump. Like the ones that used to be made for the "Camaro" bulbs. (Munson)
Just the covers, not the assembly.
I have found a sweet spot for my 60mm projectors (low beams Hella (DOT,SAE stamps), high beams EOE) that allow me to mount them using a flat clear cover. They also give me a real close range. I can get them low enough to shine less than 8 feet in front. Right now they are aimed too low.
I had made a set out of poly carbonate. Also tried acrylic. The acrylics I could get the "arc", but are too brittle. The poly carbonate I can only make flat. Just doesn't look right.

[This message has been edited by cmechmann (edited 03-05-2016).]

fastwes

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastwesSend a Private Message to fastwesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If any of you Fiero fabricators need something cnc routed 2d from plates of plastic, wood, or whatever I might be able to give you a hand. I have access to and do all the toolpath programming for our 4' by 8' Onsrud machine at my job. I will do programming for ha has and boss won't kill you on router time. If you want it as accurate as your diagrams or DXFs and the same every time let me know. Yes I have 2 88s notchies with 1 almost back together, (I tell my wife) if some fit needs to be tested.
Wes in CT
Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make your own thread
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-08-2016 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Slammed, no one is making Aus stage II side scoops at all. I'd buy one if you have it available along with black tinted GT quarter windows. Pretty please! The whole three panels on each side along with F355 rockers if possible. Can you please add it to the list? Thanks

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 03-08-2016).]

Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the Aus kit and if someone can find me a set I would do it in a heartbeat
pcwentworth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcwentworthSend a Private Message to pcwentworthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Slammed,
would your projects happen to include new radio Hvac control pods? It seems almost all fieros suffer from it pulling apart and needing glued to look half way decent.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is in the OP
Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-08-2016 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slammed:

I love the Aus kit and if someone can find me a set I would do it in a heartbeat

Slammed,
I was told that AusFiero was willing to sell his mold for $500 along with $300 for shipping. The mold will need to be redone. Part of the deal also includes providing two free scoops for two people in the states that he promised. I think it's not fair that we have to provide two free scoops on his behalf and it might be cheaper to just copy it off another one.

Maybe you could renegotiate & see if you could reach a better deal.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
His molds won't really help. It would be just as much work for me to 3D scan a set, scale it down slightly, cast and machine. I don't do fiberglass nor do I want to. Every plastic part I make is vacuum/blow formed, machined from stock or injected. Lighter, stronger parts and not nearly as labor intensive. Cheaper too. I can run my programs and pretty much walk away. Laying fiberglass sucks
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool: At one time, someone had posted their adaptation of a late 80's-early 90's Dodge Dakota cup holder. In the truck, it was in the dash, and was a pop-out that worked similar to your PC's CD recorder-player. It either popped out or rotated out. I don't remember, however, where it was mounted in the Fiero.

Many years ago, I had a pop-out cupholder that fit into a half-DIN slot. So I put a single-DIN radio in the Fiero, and put the cupholder above the radio. The cupholder was made by some aftermarket company, I forget which. I don't have that cupholder anymore. But ironically, my Jetta has something very similar. See link below.

http://www.fixmyvw.com/oem-...j0858601d-1j0858601/
PFF
System Bot
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have a jetta one on the workbench now, just figuring out where I wanrt to put it.

dan
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blacktree's solution may be the only way to mount a cupholder in the dash. I just looked at a dash I have in the garage and the only other place is in the very bottom below the dash pocket on the passenger side. All other areas have ductwork behind it.
maybenot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maybenotSend a Private Message to maybenotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

There is a metal plate out there (see eBay) that holds (3) standard 2 1/16" gauges and uses the stock pod minus the faceplate and guts.

hi guys, just fyi there is a guy on the fiero fleamarket facebook page that sells metal faceplates for radios and guage pods to replace broken plastic ones as well as replace guages with 3 rounds. it is not me and i have not bought one yet, just saying there are options out there.
Slammed i look forward to seeing all the great things you are making for us. Thanks and godspeed.
tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is today the day? Anxiously awaiting GT Quarter Windows sale thread.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gary W:

Many have tried and failed to bring a replacement center console skeleton to market.

This.

...also some others

Rear spoiler gaskets (between the deck lid and stands)
T-top end caps
Mirror gaskets
Glove box?

Already mentioned, but I am so down for a whole set of the 88 dot matrix console and gauge trim pieces.

Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Is today the day? Anxiously awaiting GT Quarter Windows sale thread.

I'm a few days behind. Saturday was my last day at my old job and they worked me really hard that week. Not cool but it is what it is. The edge detection on my laser isn't working so I'm in the middle of trying to fix it.

Imnuts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2016 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Many years ago, I had a pop-out cupholder that fit into a half-DIN slot. So I put a single-DIN radio in the Fiero, and put the cupholder above the radio. The cupholder was made by some aftermarket company, I forget which. I don't have that cupholder anymore. But ironically, my Jetta has something very similar. See link below.

http://www.fixmyvw.com/oem-...j0858601d-1j0858601/

Try this link for cup holders.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-2-114924.html

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...090219-1-066181.html

This is a simple solution if you drive by yourself a lot.
http://www.amazon.com/TSI-P...Holder/dp/B0009N4F6I

[This message has been edited by Imnuts (edited 03-16-2016).]

IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2016 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
By far the biggest thing I want is an under dash sub box for a 8inch sub. Also I think stealth wing stands, and a hatchback conversion are things to look into.

------------------
1987 Fiero GTX 3800 Turbo... My Build, ST3 Cam, Lowered, Wheels, and pics enjoy!https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

Riddick85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2016 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are planning on making new a pillar trim already would it be a stretch to have a gauge pod molded one too? I have an add on one right now with 2 gauges but would love it if it was one piece
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is something I have been thinking about

Windows are almost done. I have a few that are so close to being perfect. I had to order a few parts for my laser because the edge detection was no longer working and I wasn't about to cut and polish all these edges by hand. I will post some pictures this weekend and will likely have them for sale next week.
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A couple of technical questions about the windows, if I may. I have a low mileage GT lined up to get your windows when they're available.

Are you printing all the black in one pass? What is the ink used to print? You can PM that information if you'd like to keep it proprietary. Do you have the compound curves as found in the OEM windows?
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All the black is done in one pass with nazdar 9600 with an adhesion promoter

The molds were made from original windows and are a 100% accurate reproduction. They are completely indistinguishable from OE
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yuo're doing it the right way. Good choice of ink. If these turn out the way it seems to be going I'd give you a big hug and a kiss. Even if you turn out to be a big burly guy. I might even have to get in line to do it, too.

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speedo gauge trim, HVAC trim and shift console trim pieces in black or carbon fiber would be nice. I have carbon fiber overlays and it's hard to make those look good with all the cutting involved.

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IanT720:
...a hatchback conversion...

You know about this one... right?
http://fierofiberglass.com/...Pages/Hatchback.html
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I had an idea. On the Series II and III superchargers (more accurately the Eaton M90 Gen 3 and Gen 5) there is a threaded hole on top. From the factory this hole has a stud threaded into it that holds on the plastic engine cover. This engine cover doesn't work with how it is mounted in the Fiero, so it is usually discarded.

So here's the idea-- create a piece that threads into that hole. On top of the threaded piece have something like a 1" plastic disc. Then make a separate plastic piece that would be glued onto the first piece. That plastic piece could have any number of emblems, decals, whatever on it. The reason that they would ship separately would be two fold. First would be that the user would bottom out the threaded piece in the hole, and then glue the top piece on in the proper orientation. That way whenever it is removed, it bottoms back out the same way and orients properly every time. Secondly that would allow you to only need to make one type of threaded piece and would allow for any number of attachable plates of various sizes.

Let me know if you're having trouble picturing this. It makes total sense in my head, but so do a lot of things that I am unable to articulate in a way that is comprehensible to other human beings.
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2016 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just for anyone stumbling on this thread ...Slammed turned out to be a CROOK...
Took peoples money and then never delivered and will not respond or refund our money....

Here is how it all ended going down...

[This message has been edited by fireboss (edited 04-15-2016).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2016 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Better looking less visible covers for cracked up dash corners?
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

Just for anyone stumbling on this thread ...Slammed turned out to be a CROOK...
Took peoples money and then never delivered and will not respond or refund our money....

Here is how it all ended going down...

Interesting this post is still here, as I just read a review where you said:
"The lenses came while I was at work.. they look really Good.."

Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My laser is out of commission and after figuring out what it's going to cost me to get it fixed all of these may not happen for months or longer. Essentially all of my products are at a stand still while I try and figure out my money situation
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-27-2016 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everytime I get in my fiero.. I want to figure out how to swap the radio for the heater and vent moving the radio from the shifter level
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock