Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Reproduction quarter windows. Color over strength? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Reproduction quarter windows. Color over strength? by Slammed
Started on: 02-24-2016 08:31 PM
Replies: 65 (2943 views)
Last post by: pokeyfiero on 10-18-2016 08:16 PM
Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I stated earlier in the thread that I'm thinking $300 shipped. Once I have the printing nailed down, I will give a concrete number for all the options
IP: Logged
Heretic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HereticSend a Private Message to HereticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beyond excited for these!
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-08-2016 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait!
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 04:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are they going to have a small dimple at the bottom, along the whole edge, like factory, other wise that is the only difference I see between TFS 1/4s and stock?
Minus the green tint.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no idea what you mean. Dimple across the bottom? I've got OEM windows right here and can't understand what you mean. TFS windows aren't curved across the entire window like OE
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Slammed, you said that the windows will be laser cut. I was out of the business before that became an option and we cut with a router then either buffed or flame polished the edges. Will the heat of the laser not cause bubbles in the plexi?

Also, I have a pair of the Kris Munson flushmount lenses requested in your Everything Fiero thread. I'd be happy to loan them to you to be used as a pattern if you're interested.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, I cut acrylic with my laser cutter every day. There is no set up, I just lay the part on the table and cut. It's a 100w co2 and will cut a whole window out in under a minute. These will be made from PETG which is even more forgiving

As far the headlights I'd be thrilled to replicate the plastic portion. The whole kit I'm not sure is something I would want to get into. The majority of my thermoforming set up is automated and will automatically eject parts and load plastic, so I can make parts relatively quickly. To piece together kits and other things I would need it to be something in high demand. I'm not saying they wouldn't be, really don't know.

[This message has been edited by Slammed (edited 03-08-2016).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The kit I have on one of my cars leaves a lot to be desired. The clear cover and pan are great, but the light mounting and adjusting hardware need improvement. I don't know what generation I have. Maybe early stage and maybe Kris improved on the adjustment in later stages but only the lens and pan of my set would warrant duplication.

When you're ready to duplicate them, email or PM your info and I'll send the covers.
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My vote is to first produce something that replicates the OEM sail panels as closely as possible. From a business standpoint, this is, I think, your broadest customer base. I have the Chris Cook/TFS panels on my car now and they are not bad. The biggest giveaway is that the GT logo is behind the tint instead of in front like the OEM panels. The tint is also gray instead of the OEM light green.

Slammed, I again invite you to come to a Jet City Fieros club meeting. The next one is 7:00 tomorrow (March 9) at Triple X in Issaquah. I will both buy your dinner and personally guarantee that you will be treated well, just like all our guests. The club would love to see your tail light covers and hear about your other products/ideas.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I weren't working around the clock I would be there. I'll make it up eventually. Right now I am on track to have quarter windows for sale by next Monday
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Along the bottom edge is not square cut, on OEM, but about half thickness before it is cut. I am not saying it needs to be done but that is how I can tell an OEM from aftermarket, I have an after market one that is peaty dead on except that. just curious.
PFF
System Bot
CavScout

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2016 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slammed:

The windows are laser cut, they will not vary in size

Any update on these? I have a GT in dire need and am close to ordering from somebody LOL
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2016 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can these be ordered without the "GT" letters?
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2016 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Slammed, you said that the windows will be laser cut. I was out of the business before that became an option and we cut with a router then either buffed or flame polished the edges. Will the heat of the laser not cause bubbles in the plexi?

In my "other" hobby, replacement plastic is routinely cut with laser and there are no issue with plastic or artwork.
CavScout

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know there was growing pains with the GT taillights, bit hoping these become available soon.

Any updates?
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My laser is out of commission and after figuring out what it's going to cost me to get it fixed this may not happen for months or longer. Essentially all of my products are at a stand still while I try and figure out my money situation
CavScout

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CavScoutSend a Private Message to CavScoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My laser is out of commission and after figuring out what it's going to cost me to get it fixed this may not happen for months or longer. Essentially all of my products are at a stand still while I try and figure out my money situation

That sucks.... but understandable.
Thanks for the update and sorry about your situation.
reinhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2016 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's the latest?
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2016 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the latest is that Slammed sold a few here and on Ebay and then just quit making them.
Apparently, they fit pretty well from the couple of pictures I saw but I guess the communication aspect sort of soured the sales.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2016 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never finished making them and never sold any. The Chris Cook windows are really close and I doubt I'd sell many at the $300 price.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2016 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, my mistake, I misread the title.
I thought this was about the lens covers.
PFF
System Bot
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2016 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tail light covers are for sale on eBay, selling well and we are delivering on time.
ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2016 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tail light covers are for sale on eBay, selling well and we are delivering on time.

Going to offer the notchback replacements also?
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2016 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice. Got as link?

I didn't find them.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2016 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2016 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fie...AOSwzaJX8BJ3&vxp=mtr

Awesome! Thanks.
I saved the auction so I can order when I'm ready
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors