Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Ferrario Progress (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ferrario Progress by whadeduck
Started on: 02-10-2007 08:09 PM
Replies: 501 (42156 views)
Last post by: deloreanant on 03-03-2013 06:34 PM
2.8-4spd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.8-4spdSend a Private Message to 2.8-4spdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi

Not photo shop, but I thought this thread of Wmacs car might help. Yours should look real nice!

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...030531-1-024033.html

Forrest

IP: Logged
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definately similar. His car is very nice and was actually one of the inspirations for mine. Thanks for the link.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

Relax! You've managed to suck all of the fun out of the room.

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to post a couple of shots I got today. Kind of liked the shot from the rear quarter.

And here's a closer shot of the rear lip spoiler for another member who requested it. Masking tape and all.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post02-17-2007 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lower it! That's an order

Looks awesome!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like what you're doing but I'm critical of the Ferrari emblem. I think you make a fool out of yourself and your Fiero. If you leave it off, you'll have a great-looking Fiero. With it, you'll have a half-assed replica. What's better?

I'll tell you a story: today, I parked my Fiero in a car park downtown. I hung around because I was waiting for the elevator and three guys show up. They notice my Fiero, walk over. One says: "Look, a Lamborghini!". The other says: "It says GT! What is it?". They circle the Fiero, look inside, look at the emblem on the nose: "It's says Fiero!". They clearly haven't heard of such a car before. They keep circling the car and talking about it. Then they leave...

I think that this was much cooler than having a fake prancing horse on your Fiero and people pointing out to each other that it says Ferrari but clearly isn't.

Just my opinion, please don't take it wrong.

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Just wanted to post a couple of shots I got today. Kind of liked the shot from the rear quarter.

And here's a closer shot of the rear lip spoiler for another member who requested it. Masking tape and all.

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yousa point is well seen. Gives me something to think about. Maybe I could use the Pegasus symbol instead. Nothing saying Fiero. Just the Pegasus. Maybe I could get F-I-E-R-O to work up something for me. That would keep people guessing. Especially if I had something using that new symbol of F-I-E-R-O's.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

TorqueWench

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TorqueWenchSend a Private Message to TorqueWenchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i agree, use the pegasus.
i like the rear angled shot you took, and will have gwyneth do that one for you later. she's working on the first one you sent me, as its more usable than the outdoor side view you took today. i'm hunting the web for a suitably stylish background for it once she's done the work. she'll lower it for you too.
you said you wanted the belt moulding body-colored, yes?
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Emc209i:
Lower it! That's an order

I hear and obey. Already in the works. Thanks for the compliment.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, definatly lose the prancing horse. I was thinking about the lip spoiler, but I don't want you to think I'm trying to copy your car so I guess I can't now.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Like most i agree,...LOSE THE FERRARI EMBLEM.

The car looks fantastic otherwise. Very good mods.

About the only other things i might consider are a ferrari style rear diffuser simlair to what blacktree or 4.9 have done.

I might also mold in the those side rockers.

Finally definatly LOWER IT, hehehe ,...but i see you are already on top of that.

Keep up the good work. Car looks great.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can lose the horse. But I gotta come up with something to fill that big blank spot in the tail light panel. Just needs something to kinda break it up. Same for the nose. I know, I can come up with something like a prancing pegasus. That'd really leave people with a puzzled look on their faces. Anyone have a link to the what and how of the difuser? I want to leave the panels all separate though in case of future damage.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 02-17-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
TorqueWench

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TorqueWenchSend a Private Message to TorqueWenchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
put a grill of horizontal slats, like the Saleen S7,
or a panel of hex mesh in there,
like the Mach I mustangs of 71-73, or the P4/5 one-off, or whatever the he| | it's called.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TorqueWench:

put a grill of horizontal slats, like the Saleen S7,
or a panel of hex mesh in there,
like the Mach I mustangs of 71-73, or the P4/5 one-off, or whatever the he| | it's called.

On the rear panel? Not sure I follow.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

TorqueWench

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TorqueWenchSend a Private Message to TorqueWenchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes. an insert, along with the pegasus emblem, in yellow, framed in black.

break the grill/mesh in the dead center in the shape of the shield, into which will sit the emblem.
you get the look of the ferrari, with the identification of the fiero, with an added stylistic flourish.

[This message has been edited by TorqueWench (edited 02-17-2007).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can lose the horse. But I gotta come up with something to fill that big blank spot in the tail light panel. Just needs something to kinda break it up.

I concur with others regarding the Ferrari emblems. Lose em. It's a Fiero.
Next best thing is to leave it devoid of emblems and let them guess like Yellowstone related.
If you simply MUST have a something on that rear panel, consider doing what I was going to do when I had my Euro rear panel. Use the small gold Fiero nose emblem (1984-85 I believe)
You can snag a new one in the GM box on ebay or from Doug at Fiero Warehouse.

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Forgot to say that I'm liking your car more and more with every pic.
VERY nice job duck, you're on a roll.

Randy
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

you're on a roll.

Randy

That would explain the butter on my pants.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

TorqueWench

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TorqueWenchSend a Private Message to TorqueWenchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here ya go:

all the different color pieces were extremely difficult to blend and color, and the nose we just gave up on. this is the best we could do, from the source provided. sorry
here's the full size image:
http://alisonrain.terminalg...mages2/ferrario1.jpg

are ya gonna put a pegasus badge on the fender too? i could modify the pic later for you, as i have one on my fender, in black and yellow, and could take a pic at a matching angle and blend it in pretty well.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's great! Gives me something to shoot for. Only one small problem. There seems to be a penguin having his way with my driver's side fender. j/k Looks great.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

TorqueWench

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TorqueWenchSend a Private Message to TorqueWenchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
or if you wanted to stick with the Pontiac theme,
you could use honeycome hex mesh in a grill over the whole panel, and black out the panel. the taillight lenses would really stand out, as would the black against the red, and would complement the black in the fastback inner 'butress' inserts and vents.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking of blacking out the panel anyway. I was also thinking of painting the inserts and grilles the color of the body. But the more I think about it (my head hurts now) the more I'm thinking of keeping them black. Is there a way to give the tail light panel a carbon fiber look?

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cover it in Carbon-fiber velum like used for the gauge pod coverings. BTW what are you doing up at this time of night young man???
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

Cover it in Carbon-fiber velum like used for the gauge pod coverings. BTW what are you doing up at this time of night young man???

That's what I was thinking. But didn't know if it'd end up looking cheap of not. Awww c'mon. All the other kids get to stay up late.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow this sucks... now i really feel like i suck... i'm just learning how to use photochop so please be nice...

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Diffuser ?

Something like this would be cool to go along with the theme u are running with !

Here a picture and a link to blacktree's thread and build.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/077457.html

Here is what fourpoint9 did.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/061545.html

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The red is very nice, but you might also consider the 1987 stock fiero GT blue
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry whadeduck. i think i might have killed your thread. pick a rear and i'll try to add it to your car.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

sorry whadeduck. i think i might have killed your thread. pick a rear and i'll try to add it to your car.

Actually, I think Morty the penguin cursed it.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
figures... darn penguins... lol
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

figures... darn penguins... lol

Just has to have his flippers in everything. lol

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

pacethis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pacethisSend a Private Message to pacethisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

I don't know but the concept applied here seems familar :-)

Okay guys, I'm assuming the front bumper is the 355...but looks better than nearly all others I've seen installed. How come most of them dip off so steeply, yet this one flows with the body lines... THIS IS THE ONE I WANT, WHERE DO I GET IT?
PFF
System Bot
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually, the nose on my car is similar but not the same as the "Dietmar" nose. You could say that they share ancestry. I never found out who actally made the first mold of this type of nose (the Germany 355 style) but anyways...

There *are* differences - but that doesn't matter since the vendor I bought mine from is no longer in business...

@Pacethis - have a look at http://www.yellowfiero.com/fiero_pix.html for more pix.

Originally posted by pacethis:

Okay guys, I'm assuming the front bumper is the 355...but looks better than nearly all others I've seen installed. How come most of them dip off so steeply, yet this one flows with the body lines... THIS IS THE ONE I WANT, WHERE DO I GET IT?

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 03-01-2007).]

jhfieo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2007 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jhfieoSend a Private Message to jhfieoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i still think the PPG Pace car looks alot like the 355. but yellowstone's car is also pretty frickin close.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2007 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man. I start a thread about my car and everyone ends up talkin' about Yellowstone's.
Just kidding. His car is one of the ones I use for inspiration.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 03-02-2007).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2007 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the hijack but people go for the painted cars... :-D

j/k, looking forward to seeing yours ready&painted.

Man. I start a thread about my car and everyone ends up talkin' about Yellowstone's.
Just kidding. His car is one of the one I use for inspiration.

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2007 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You and I both. But I don't dare rush it to the point I don't get it exactly the way I want it. Going to work on getting the doors rebuilt this weekend. The door panels are coming off, the hinges will get new pins, and the power goodies will be installed and tested. I'm not going to put the door panels back on until I get new dew wipes for it. Figure it's easier to replace them while the panels are off of the car.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

DRA

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2007 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like you are making pretty decent progress!
Anxious to see the finished car in person.

------------------
Don't take life too seriously -- you'll never get out if it alive.

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got one door completely rebuilt this weekend. Took a little longer than I was expecting. Had to use bolts and lock nuts on the window and door lock regulators instead of self-tapping screws. With the outer door panel off, it made access to everything a lot easier. Tested it all with some leads and a battery charger. Window goes up and down and the door locks and unlocks, so I must've got it right. Hands still got pretty marked up thought trying to fit them throught he tight places. It's progress anyway.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 03-05-2007).]

TorqueWench

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TorqueWenchSend a Private Message to TorqueWenchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow, that's good. my lock solenoids and window motors need renewed or replaced. i'll bug you via pm for advice when i start doing them.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock