Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Ferrario Progress (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ferrario Progress by whadeduck
Started on: 02-10-2007 08:09 PM
Replies: 501 (42140 views)
Last post by: deloreanant on 03-03-2013 06:34 PM
eldervampire

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eldervampireSend a Private Message to eldervampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh man, I am in so much trouble.
After looking at that car, i realized exactly how broke i'm gonna be for a long time.
That Is TOO F&*@ING SEXY.
IP: Logged
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well look at it this way. They say that money can't buy happiness. That's true, it can't. But it can buy the things that bring happiness. lol

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

darkknight0667

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkknight0667Send a Private Message to darkknight0667Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck: Anyway, had Emc2 do a photoshop of MaxQ's car and ended up with this.

. . . This is about as close to the picture of what I have in my head. I might do something different with the hood vent though. Amida is steadily working on the new interior for me and doing a most excellent job. Anyone who wants a kickass interior, but lacks the skills and/or time to do it themselves like I do, I highly recommend his work.

When I'm finished with it, the result should be a nice blend of Fiero practicality and Ferrari style.

This is my first post here (been reading stuff for a few weeks now to get up to speed), and I have to say that this, when it's finally finished, is going to be one of the nicest builds around. It's a great combination of customizations and subtlety. I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing it completed.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You and me both. Welcome to the forum and thanks for the compliment.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2007 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oooooo looky what Amida (Rob) e-mailed me.
Unupholstered main dash.....

Upholstered main dash.

I'm thinking, when it arrives, I'll have to change the date of my birthday to that day.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yowee - lookin good . Does Riceburner's A/C control come with that interior or are you going to get it seperately ?
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Riceburner makes them, and I believe he sells them himself.... Though Amida, the maker of the dash, may have bought a bunch to sell along side his dash.. Dunno if there's a mark up....

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ricerburner sold it to me then I shipped it to Amida to have it incorporated into the console.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whade, PM sent
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM answered. Didn't cause ya to have a heart attack did I? lol

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, just gotta pinch some more pennies than I thought! Does sage still make those spoilers?
PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can PM him and ask. I think he still does the glass work for Fiero Warehouse. He's just not on here that much. Maybe e-mailing him might get you a quicker response. If you're looking for a step-by-step on installing that spoiler, Archie's already done one on one of the build threads.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 07-22-2007).]

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I know this might be too much info to pry, but where did he get the center piece for your console? (other than the HVAC controls) Like all the buttons and everything?
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That you'd have to ask Amida. He provides all of that in his price. I belive a good deal of the pieces are genuine Ferrari. I know the side and middle dash vents are.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2007 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a little somethin' somethin' for the drool factor.

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 07-26-2007).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2007 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More, more, more. Howdoyalike it, howdoyalike it.....

Amida (Rob) did a test fit today. I think it's coming along very nicely.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2007 03:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woooooow !
gaas88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2007 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gaas88Click Here to visit gaas88's HomePageSend a Private Message to gaas88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That interior is exactly what I want to do to my 328 kit! Dammit that's one sexy interior!
D.Rohm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2007 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D.RohmSend a Private Message to D.RohmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Absolute perfekt work ! I never saw something like this before .
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2007 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To me, the art is in the details, like the stitching.

He pays close attention to everything. Test fits and refits. It's not all for looks either. Most of it will be functional if not all. A true master of his art if you ask me.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2007 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:
Amida (Rob) did a test fit today. I think it's coming along very nicely.

That's an understatement if I ever heard one.... That thing is insane..
PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps he's like I am then. My insanity keeps me sane.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

dcfox

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That interior would make a real Ferrari jealous.
question...shift gate...6 speed?

------------------
--David

Black '86 GT-under construction
Silver '87 GT-daily driver

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The shift gate resembles a six-speed but, for now at least, I'm keeping the five-speed. But the shift gate is like that to keep with the 355 theme. Who knows, by the time I do an engine swap, there may be a seven-speed. lol

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

superdave69

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for superdave69Send a Private Message to superdave69Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interior looks fantastic cant wiat to see it finished keep up the great post
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Any news?

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whade,

Do you have your interior in yet?

Nelson
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2007 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry about the slow response. I don't have internet at home anymore so I must've missed the question. It just came today. What sucks is that I have to work late tonight so I can't even play with my new toys. I did take the console out of the package though. Truely a masterpiece.
Edit to add drool-inducing pics.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 08-28-2007).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the day crowd to see.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that really is a work of art. I had no idea Amida did this type of work.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's unbelievable. Some people have said in this thread that it's better than actual Ferrari interior work. Now being able to inspect it up close and hold it in my hands, I would have to agree. Ok, so I've never actually seen the inside of a real Ferrari, but this is outstanding work. After I finish the bodywork on the car, I'll put the interior in. If I scratch it, I'll have no choice but to mortally wound myself somehow.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 08-29-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like I should have some time to work on it this weekend. Hopefully get the new alarm systen wired in and get all of the electrical things done.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A word of advice on that alarm system: i put one in my kitcar that sits more than it drives. i found the battery drained or too low to start almost every time I wanted to go for a drive . I believe the cuprit was the proximity sensor but i'm not 100% certain. So i tested the alram then unplugged the power connections to the main brain and also the harness going into the sensor. No problems since. If you're still working on the car and it's sitting alot, you might consider battery drain from the alarm.

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 08-31-2007).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the advice. I've been disconnecting the battery after I work with it. Been having battery problems with all three of my cars.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much accomplished today. Tested my parking lights and turn signals to make sure they all worked. They didn't. =\ The left front was dead. Replaced the bulbs, nothing. Cleaned the ground, still nothing. Finally ended up replacing both sockets for the turn signal on the left front. That was about three hours worth. Then on to the alarm install. Check out my other thread on why I pretty much got absolutely nowhere with this today //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/085708.html Frustrating to say the least. Frustrating day when I figure that I spent about six hours working on the car today and my work I was able to complete amounted to the replacement of two light bulb sockets. Oh well. Good days and bad days.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 09-01-2007).]

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whade,

Let me know about how many hours it takes to install your new interior. I am next in line and hope to get the install a bit more perfected based on what you learned during the process. I am especially interested in problems that you run into and any solutions that you may have to resolve them. If I ever get back in country and your interior is not complete, I may run up to help and learn something.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It'll be a while before I install the interior because my plan is to get all of the body and mechanical work done first. I'm saving the new interior for dead last to try and keep it clean. Gotta get this alarm system issue resolved first. =\

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful stuff......keep posting !!!!
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 02-20-2008).]

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2007 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are still far ahead of me on this one. I still have the cradle/engine swap to complete, paint, and the new interior to install. At the current rate this should take a few years.

Originally posted by whadeduck:

It'll be a while before I install the interior because my plan is to get all of the body and mechanical work done first. I'm saving the new interior for dead last to try and keep it clean. Gotta get this alarm system issue resolved first. =\

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock