Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Ferrario Progress (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ferrario Progress by whadeduck
Started on: 02-10-2007 08:09 PM
Replies: 501 (42140 views)
Last post by: deloreanant on 03-03-2013 06:34 PM
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2011 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At last!!! Finally got all of the wiring done on her tonight. I'll post pictures later. But as far as I can tell, after testing, everything works. Now on to the mechanicals.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'88 Ferrario

IP: Logged
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2011 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

At last!!! Finally got all of the wiring done on her tonight. I'll post pictures later. But as far as I can tell, after testing, everything works. Now on to the mechanicals.

How did that trunk latch solenoid thing work out?
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2011 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had to use a separate relay to be able to get the trunk and hood triggers to both work. But it's all working now.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2011 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whadeduck

8907 posts
Member since Jul 2004
This weekend, hopefully, I'll be able to put everything back on to mock it up to include the interior. Then also put the rear coil overs on and drop the rear end.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As promised, pics!
Here's the trunk light switch I was able to wire up. The pic beneath it is the 12-LED light I adapted to the original trunk light lens. Although the car didn't originally come with one. So I had to make one.

Here is the alarm system. I'm going to change the location though. So now everything alarm-wise and keyless entry-wise works.

Here's the wiring behind where the subwoofer's going.

I also got the mirror powered up.

Here was everything as of a couple of days ago.

Tonight I mocked up the dash and the console pieces to find out I have to do a little work to get everything to fit. But at least it's progress.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2011 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A frustrating night the other night. Put the door skins on to start lining everything up and nothing lines up. Going to have to pull everything off and start again to get it all where it needs to be so it can be fine tuned. I'm not going anywhere or doing anything else for Thanksgiving. So I should be able to get a good bit of work done on it over the next four days.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2011 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Started last night pulling the rear suspension off to convert to coil overs. I'm also, while I'm back there, going to install a rear sway bar and replace the clutch. Hopefully it'll be a productive weekend.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was a partially productive weekend. Got everything diassembled. Cradle's out and the rear suspension is as well. Got the old clutch out and was going to install a new flywheel I had only to find out it wasn't the right piece. So I cleaned up the original flywheel, roughed it up a bit to give it bite, cleaned it and tried to install the new clutch only to snap one of the pressure plate bots off. Got the broken bolt out of the flywheel without damaging it. Now I'm searching for new bolts. But I was able to get the rear sway bar installed. As soon as I get the bolts, I'll start reassembling everything. Baby steps. lol

------------------
'88 Ferrario

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not having a fun time with the car at the moment. Having a LOT of difficulty getting the transmission reinstalled. But I WILL be triumphant! lol

------------------
'88 Ferrario

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the transmission reinstalled. But I decided to finally use the clutch line I bought several years ago from the Fiero Store and it turned out to be too short. I'm working with them now to try and figure out what the problem may be. If I can't figure it out, I'll have to put the old line back on and hope for the best. I've also spent the last few days fighting bronchitis. So not a lot has been accomplished.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2011 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got everything put back together tonight to include the coil overs. Even switched out some new Accel coil packs. Tomorrow I'll make some adjustments, put the brakes back on and hopefully get her back on the ground.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pics, pics.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll post some later tonight. Slow going over the past few weeks because of bronchitis. Ya know, there actually is a limit as to how much lung tissue you can cough up. But at least now the stuff's turned from brown to black. It's ok though. I'll run out of lungs soon enough and the coughing will stop. lol

------------------
'88 Ferrario

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2011 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, here's a couple of quick pics. Here's the rear suspension finally finished. With the exception of adjusting the coil overs, hooking up the e-brake, and bleeding the brakes.

Here's the car on the ground after a few weeks in the air. Nice to see Ferrario on all four again. Still have to take some height out of the back. Making slow but sure progress.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the fuel tank out tonight. Found out the pump is bad. Deader than a dorrnail. So I'm going to drain the tank and put in a new pump. A Delco one. At least that's the one I keep hearing is the only one you should buy because the other's fail too quickly. But that'll have to wait until the stores are open on Monday.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have everything buttoned up on the car and the coil overs adjusted. The measurments are two inches at the front fenders and three at the rear. The new fuel pump is in. Got a few more things and then I'll start putting the body back together.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 01-03-2012).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2012 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's alive!! But now the manifold glows a bit. Any suggestions as to what may be causing that?

------------------
'88 Ferrario

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2012 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wadeduck

How is the wing coming along ??

I still think you need one of Amida's noses.,...again.

The new one looks pretty sharp.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2012 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As of today, Ferrario is no more. I have mixed emotions about it. On the one hand, the project I was, at one time, so excited about, is no longer mine. On the other hand, she's now in the hands of her new owner and on the start of a new life. I hated to se her go, but I knew I could no longer take care of her.

------------------
'88 Ferrario

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Although my current situation dictated that I had to get rid of Ferrario. She will live again one day. Next time however, I'll plan things a LOT better.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

PFF
System Bot
deloreanant

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deloreanantSend a Private Message to deloreanantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's really good to hear.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock