Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Ferrario Progress (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ferrario Progress by whadeduck
Started on: 02-10-2007 08:09 PM
Replies: 501 (42140 views)
Last post by: deloreanant on 03-03-2013 06:34 PM
RideZiLightning

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2007 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is incredible. I'll trade you my right hand for it, it's even my good one.
IP: Logged
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2007 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the alarm system wired up to work yesterday. Still need to run everything to "neaten" it up. Worked a little on the re-wire for the interior too. Will continue on that today. Once I get the wiring ready for the new interior, I'm going to take up the old carpet and lay down the sound deadening material in the floors and the rear firewall. After that, there's a couple of mechanical issues to address. Then I'll get back to the body work. Have to go into work for a little while today, so my schedule for the car will be somewhat limited.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 09-09-2007).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No pics. But I was able to install and test the new HVAC panel. Works great. Riceburner does excellent work. Now I need to find a place to mount the two modules. Almost got the power windows rewired but had to redo the connectors and ran out. So I'll get some more after work and finish up the wiring for the power windows tonight and start rewiring the alarm too hopefully.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going to continue on the rewiring of the alarm system and new interior wiring tonight and also glass my headliner back together. It's in four pieces right now. =\

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2007 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Starting to rewire the alarm system and make it look all purdy and stuff. The cardboard is just for mockup purposes. I'll either do wood or plastic later on and make up a cover for the whole thing.
------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 02-20-2008).]

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2007 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
May I ask why you aren't mounting it under the right side of the dash? Then you wouldn't see it at all.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2007 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2007 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The front trunk is another place you might consider for mounting electronics.

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 09-18-2007).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2007 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most of the wiring has already been run to that location so I'm gonna have to stick with it for now. It's not going to be mounted quite like that.
------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2007 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2007 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen that one before. I think it was on Fiero.de.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

PFF
System Bot
DRA

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for more pics and progress!

------------------
Dealing with failure is easy: work hard to improve. Success is also easy to handle: you've solved the wrong problem, work hard to improve.

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
welcome back DRA!
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing this weekend. Still working on stuff in my house. It's amazing how the little stuff takes so freakin' long.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
me and justin are going to have to come down there for some custom fiberglass work to hide those electronics and the amplifier your going to install. that is if your doing a sound system too. or just hide them under the skeletin of the center console... there is always room there for small stuff.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to keep it alive. Not much getting done on it as I work long hours and, when I'm not at work, I'm trying to get stuff done on my house. So about the only thing I've done was to get the one-inch tweeters installed in the a-pillar trim.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet car, but how does the shifter work? It has the dog-leg reverse.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

ok i'm looking at this again... do you have enough room to put those under the b pillar plastic? it looks like that would be a great hiding spot! right above the seatbelt bolt.

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 10-14-2007).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

Sweet car, but how does the shifter work? It has the dog-leg reverse.

The shift arm actually never goes into the gates. It just stays in the middle part so the gates are just for effect. I think it'd be a little different for an automatic though.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
why not make it functional?
PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whadeduck

8907 posts
Member since Jul 2004

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

why not make it functional?

I've seen some attempts on the forum to make funtional shift gates. Looks like a lot of extra work for a little added effect. I'll give it some thought later though. I'm not dismissing the idea.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
like i said somewhere on this thread before... if you run out of room to hide thins look to the center console skeleton. just a thought.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

like i said somewhere on this thread before... if you run out of room to hide thins look to the center console skeleton. just a thought.

With the new interior, the console skeleton is no more. As far as the tunnel, most of that space is now taken up by the modules for Riceburner's HVAC panel. I also have to find places for rerouting the lighter. I want to keep that for a power outlet if I need one. I'm also rerouting the computer interface. I think I'm going to put that behind the door to the dash's glove box. I don't know if I'm going to put anything else there yet or not, but I do wan tot have easy acces to it. It'd suck to have to dismantel half the interior to get to it just to read a code.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No progress in the last few weeks. Had to get my house presentable for an appraisal so I could refinance.Been working a lot too. Earliest I've been home other than a couple of nights has been eleven o'clock. Hopefully this weekend I won't have to work again. Was thinking about something though. When I attach the lower door moldings, I was thinking about something other than molding it onto the door. I was thinking about attaching them much like the lower door molding of the SE's and GT's and have them to where they're removable. Any ideas and/or opinions?

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whadeduck

8907 posts
Member since Jul 2004
Ok, I'm done with trying to fool myself into thinking I'll ever get the time to finish this or maybe even ever get to work on it again. It's officially up for sale. After figuring some things up, I've got over $11,000 in it as it sits. Mostly in parts and the interior. Everything goes with it as-is. It runs, but most of the panels are not fastened down, so it's not really driveable. I'm asking $8,500 for the whole package. It's sat now in my shop I rent for the last four months gathering dust and costing me $400 each month. Someone else can pick this up, spend a few weeks on it, and turn it into something really nice. I'm just never going to have the time. I'll answer any questions you might have.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haul it back to the house and put a tarp over it. Trust me in a year you will thank me.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't HOA won't allow it.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok drag it down to my house and I will store it... I promise not to take anything, like that sweet ass dash.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Then I KNOW I'll never work on it. I couldn't even get enough time this weekend to go to Columbia. A 2 1/2 hour drive. I really doubt I'd be able to ever get down to Florida to work on it. Thanks for the gesture though.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

PFF
System Bot
topcat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wade, I know how it can seem that you never can have enough time in the day to get everything you want done. Heck, I've been working at getting an intercooler on my car for nearly three months now... and I just got it running this past weekend. Mainly because of the hours I work, so when I get off, the last thing I want to do is work on my hobby. So I wait for a day off, only to find it occupied by other stuff that I need to do... like spending time with my wife, and other hunny-doo stuff.

I was talking to the wife last week and I vowed to NOT do anything else elective on the Fiero for at least a year simply because the time it takes to complete the simplest task is frustrating beyond belief.

Long rant to simply say, take a break from it, and do not let the dream die. I bet there will be huge regrets if you sell it before you get it done.

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know I'll regret it. But it'd be better in the hands of someone who can work on it. Besides, it's costing me a fortune to keep it and I have nowhere else for it. Even if I did, I can't see how I'll have any time in about the next year or so to do anything to it. Can't see paying another twelve months rent on my shop for a project I can't work on.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you put it in storage? That has to be better than the shop price. I had to let my car sit for over a year but I am so glad that I didn't sell it.
Heck if nothing else pull the custom parts so you can start back up with another one when you are able.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
None of the places around here store cars unless they're outside. And the cost is about the same as I'm paying for the shop. Some things in this area are astronomical. I reckon they don't want them due to liability. =\ Nah, as much as I hate to do it and know I'll end up regreting it, it's time for her to find a good home. Better than I can give her.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top for interested parties.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.

Nelson
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's depressing...
I was looking forward to this Fiero being completed.

-M
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Buck up little camper. No one's more distraught about this than I. But may yet be able to find an alternative.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 11-06-2007).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2007 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No one seems to be interested enough. Most likely the price. So I'll have to keep plugging away as best I can somehow. So next question. I have Mr. Mikes upholstery in a light tan vinyl. At the time I ordered the upholstery, I was going with the whole "prancing horse" thing. Now I'm doing the pegasus logo throughout the car to hold onto the Fiero base of the car but still keep people guessing as to what in the world it is. So how can I get the prancing horse embroidery off or covered up to be able to put a different logo on it?

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock