Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Ferrario Progress (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ferrario Progress by whadeduck
Started on: 02-10-2007 08:09 PM
Replies: 501 (42156 views)
Last post by: deloreanant on 03-03-2013 06:34 PM
Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2007 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you ever get a price thanks Austin
IP: Logged
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2007 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing yet. But it should be soon. Mr. Mike is also going to have to replace one of the headrest pieces. Who knew that resting it against a stained-wood headboard would leave a mark? It did, and he's going to replace the stained piece for me for about $20. I'm probably jinxing myself. But it actually looks like I might get to work on the car this weekend.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2008 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As it turns out, I've been jinxing myself for about the last month. I managed to get Christmas off and stayed home sick. Since then it's been anywhere from fifteen to twenty hour days at work seven days a week to try and keep things going for the company. But, in the meantime, Mr. Mike came through again and my seat backs have been redone and delivered as promised.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2008 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
those are the exact seats and color i have with the same request i would ask mr mikes to do. how much did that cost because those look better than i imagined in my head.

Thanks Austin
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2008 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd have to look back on the invoice. Around $450 I believe. I got the light tan vinyl seats in the Italian style with the seat belt holes. I ended up paying more though because I started with the prancing horse logo then switched to the pegasus. I don't believe Mr. Mike carries the light tan in leather anymore. Great quality. I can't wait to get them installed. But it's one of the last things I'll do. But I don't think it's any extra to get the pegasus logos than any other logo. He just leaves out the border of a logo he already offers.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 01-12-2008).]

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2008 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have the seats already but didnt you said he replaced that part with the logo? bc mine has the ferrari horse as well but i want the pegasus so i was wondering how much it would cost just to get that part swapped out
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2008 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, ok. I'm at work right now. But I'll be headed home around 8:00. I'll edit the post with what Mr. Mike charged me. I think it was around $75. Yup. $75 to swap out the logos plus $10 shipping.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 01-12-2008).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2008 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much of an update. No pictures anyway. Got the alarm all hooked up and working. Got the console switches hooked up too. Just have to rewire everything to make it look all purdy. I've got two of the wires on my mirror hooked up but can't figure out where the third one goes. The two I have hooked up are the power and the ground. It's an auto dim with a compass on it. Any ideas what the third wire is for and where to hook it up? Still have to hook up the mirror switch, the gauges, relocate the ECU interface and cigarette lighter. Then the interior wiring is done. I think so anyway. =\

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 02-07-2008).]

Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2008 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok and then pictures!
Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right, where are those pics ?
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All I could get now would be ugly pictures of spaghetti-like wiring. Do you really wanna see those pics?

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whadeduck,

So glad you decided to keep going on the project, it is going to be very much worth it when you are finished.

We all know things take time, so just be patient and do a bit at a time and before you know it, it will all come together.

Best of luck

Tony
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. I just hope I can get it finished before I have to put an "antique" tag on it. lol

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 02-07-2008).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had plans last night to work a bit more on the wiring. But my allergies had other plans. For whatever reason, my allergies are going hog wild right now. When I left work yesterday, my left eye had swollen shut and the right was trying to catch up. So I had to resort to taking some time traveling meds. You know, the ones that you take and the next thing you know it's three hours later. Better today, but still have enough sinus pressure to make my face feel like it's going to pop off.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice meds...where do I pick some up??

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 02-08-2008).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

Nice meds...where do I pick some up??

I found 'em growing under a tree out back. Actually, it was just Tylenol sinus. I'm a lightweight when it comes to sinus and allergy meds. The stuff knocked me out last night but didn't do squat today. Going home now. Going to stop at the store first to pick up something more powerful and then maybe stop at the car wash to stuff the pressure washer up my nose.

Edit: Found some Benedryl with a warning "Do not use near open flame" on it. That should do the trick.
------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 02-08-2008).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2008 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking about something over the weekend. Instead of molding the stage II door moldings to the car, I was thinking of just mounting them to the bottoms of the doors like the GT/SE door moldings. Any suggestions?

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updates with pics.

The switches in the console are hooked up and the alarm system is rewired and opperational. I have the trunk and door locks hooked up on the console and the only other switch I'm going to hook up will be the fog/driving lights. The HVAC panel works like a charm. Truely plug and play. Rice Burner did an awesome job.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 02-20-2008).]

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Updates with pics.

The switches in the console are hooked up and the alarm system is rewired and opperational. To finish the alarm completely, I'm going to make a small plastic box for it and hide it under the carpet. I'm also going to hook up a backup battery like War Hammer suggested. I have the trunk and door locks hooked up on the console and the only other switch I'm going to hook up will be the fog/driving lights. The HVAC panel works like a charm. Truely plug and play. Rice Burner did an awesome job.

I love your wiring's tidiness. Keep up the fantastic work!

Paul

Edit for typos.
------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

[This message has been edited by War Hammer (edited 02-19-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bravo. Maybe I should think about getting an alarm too; already had 1 Alpine stolen. Are you leaving out the rear window defroster?
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car doesn't have a defroster and I figured it's too much of a hastle to install one for what little good they actually do in a car the size of ours. So, worst case scenario is I'll have to use a paper towel. It'll be a bit before I can get back to the shop again. We have seven jobs that have to be turned in before next Tuesday. So I get to turn in the long hours again.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 02-19-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm....I always thought the rear defroster was standard equipment.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Hmmm....I always thought the rear defroster was standard equipment.

Nope. I've had a couple without a defroster. Even an aftermarket one looks like it's kind of a PITA to install. Oh well, it'll make the rear window easier to tint. Maybe I can modify one of the switches to activate the evil trunk monkey.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That f355 kit looks top-notch, tell him good job!
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HC:

That f355 kit looks top-notch, tell him good job!

You can tell Amida (Rob) yourself. He's the one who did it. It is excellent quality. His Jedi skills are far greater than mine.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whade - looking great - I can't wait for my console and F40 dash. Are you going to change carpet + firewall?

------------------

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The firewall cover is going to be vinyl. I'm even thinking of splitting it and going part black and part light tan. That way, I've got one line running around the entire car that'll match the dash and door panels. I already have the light tan carpet too. I just didn't want to install it yet and get it messed up from all the wiring and other work. I'm keeping the old carpet in there right now cuz it's easier on old tore up knees.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's what I thought - just did not want to mess up things while working on installation. Your idea on firewall vinyl has got me thinking. I might do that also but it would be all black.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll have to see how things line up once I ge the dash and door panels in. My a-pillar trim and headliner are going to be black and the b-pillar trim will be part tan and part black also. But I'll have to see where the line falls as far as the firewall cover. Oh, I got floormats done too. Everything matches. It's gonna be purdy. I may have to do a test fit and then pull it all back out before I start doing the bodywork. That'll be a Kodak moment fer sur.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My first question would be to why you put your alarm behind the seats, which is pretty accessable... My second thought would be, if you were to do this, which could be an alright idea if it was secret.. But why post pictures on the internet of your exact alarm system set up in an easy spot for theives to get to.

It just doesn't seem like a good idea to me at all. If there is someone looking at this thread, they might be able to find out where you live, and already know what kind of alarm you have, and can take all the time in the world to figure out which wires to cut ( or just cut them all..)

So within 10 seconds of breaking in they can disable your alarm. Just a thought.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is pretty accessible. But I'm going to take steps to both hide it and protect the wires from being cut. What you see in the pics is just a mockup to get everything working. Ultimately, if someone wants the car, they're going to get it no matter what I do.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 02-19-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It all depends on how knowledgable the thief is. I've seen some pretty dumb thieves before...

If an alarm is under the dash tucked up behind a vent, it makes things more difficult for a theif. Even if you're going to to mount everything behind the seats similar to your mock up, even behind a false wall.. I still wouldn't post pictures on a public forum, or even tell anyone what kind of system I was running.

I dunno, I guess I'm just a little cautious about my alarms being as effective as possible.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Toying with the idea of puting different mirrors on the car. Might even go this route.
http://www.kitcarsforum.com...mirrors-t7181.0.html
Can someone photoshop this picture and put 355 mirrors on it?

Just wanna see if it's going to look right. If someone can, could you do them in both black and red? Thanks in advance.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 03-07-2008).]

CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those mirrors would be sexy... mmmmmm

Any new pics of the progress?

Cory
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Work is slow going. Still working on getting the interior wiring done. But should be finished with that soon.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here ya go man, still working on the black ones...
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

HC

691 posts
Member since Feb 2006
And the black ones...
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I vote black.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Either way would look good. Red with red molding (mayb B-pillar/sail window too - could you P-shop that?)
or black mirrors with black moldings like they are now.
For some reason on those mirrors the color is more noticeable than stock mirrors. At least in the P-shop pics.
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tough choice. I think I like the red. Whade, is your car going to be red? And what are you planning on doing with the trim? Keeping it black or making it body color?

I cannot wait to see how the interior come out. It is going to look really nice with the black/tan separated all the way around.

EDIT: Austrian and I were posting the same thing at the same time.. lol

and to add some trivia. My car was one of the few Fieros to come from the FACTORY with the mirrors and trim matched to the body color. What color is my car?

[This message has been edited by CoryFiero (edited 03-08-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock