Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Ferrario Progress (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ferrario Progress by whadeduck
Started on: 02-10-2007 08:09 PM
Replies: 501 (42155 views)
Last post by: deloreanant on 03-03-2013 06:34 PM
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will do. I'll say this, if you have the time and the willingness, remove the outer panels when you do this. It gave me so much more room to work with and so much more access to grease up the window channels and clean and regrease the door latch.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

Relax! You've managed to suck all of the fun out of the room.

IP: Logged
Kaleb

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2007 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any updates??? it's been a while

-Kaleb
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2007 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While you're at it, you might consider replacing the felt guides that support the window glass - they pretty cheap and usually need replacing:

http://www.secureleadercom....earchfield=inetsdesc
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2007 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No real updates really. Been working the late hours again not leaving much time for anything else. Still having a fit with getting the alarm system wired into the car. But making progress instead of falling backwards like I usually do. I have thought about the new felt guides before I put everything together. Thanks for the reminder. This is how the car sits for the moment. Keeping with the Italian-looking theme. Spaghetti.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 04-21-2007).]

Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...wow...thats a whole mess of wires ...i try to leave most of my hard electical work to professionals-i'm not to big on the whole electricity thing just know enough to get me by
MP5Na3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MP5Na3Send a Private Message to MP5Na3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the emblem I have on the back of mine. Sorry a dark picture though.

Been trying for over two years to get the company that made the pair I have to make another run and they still haven't done it yet.

David
This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like this logo. It was on this ebay car.

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MP5Na3:
This is the emblem I have on the back of mine. Sorry a dark picture though.
Been trying for over two years to get the company that made the pair I have to make another run and they still haven't done it yet.
David
This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

I could do this....

I've been playing around with the idea but haven't gotten it to where I'm 100% happy with it. What size is yours?
wingless

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for winglessClick Here to visit wingless's HomePageSend a Private Message to winglessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could do this....

I've been playing around with the idea but haven't gotten it to where I'm 100% happy with it. What size is yours?[/QUOTE]

Looks great! Gonna sell em?
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i saw that one on ebay yesterday... i like it alot...maybe even more if it was chrome
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2007 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much progress. Been working a lot lately. If I'm not at work, I'm trying to get the main bath in the house finished. What a freakin nightmare. Nothing square, nothing level. A learning experience I'll say that. Anyway, had Emc2 do a photoshop of MaxQ's car and ended up with this.

This is about as close to the picture of what I have in my head. I might do something different with the hood vent though. Amida is steadily working on the new interior for me and doing a most excellent job. Anyone who wants a kickass interior, but lacks the skills and/or time to do it themselves like I do, I highly recommend his work.

When I'm finished with it, the result should be a nice blend of Fiero practicality and Ferrari style.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 06-17-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2007 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very cool...where can i get an interior like that and how much does it run?
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2007 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can PM Amida or e-mail him at fierointeriors@juno.com It's not cheap. But IMO, it's the best out there because of the hand crafting. Don't be in a rush for it either. Not saying that as a bad thing. But because it's so labor-intensive, it takes time. Kaleb, you have a PM.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 06-19-2007).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2007 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's an example of the quality of work Amida (Rob) does. He's started to upholster the PS door panel.

But here's a close up of the arm rest Check out the stitching.

Judging by the pictures he keeps sending me, I believe I'll be happy with the results of his efforts.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2007 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really starting to look good.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2007 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

Really starting to look good.

Amida's work is anyway. My end of the project hasn't made much progress at all. Hopefully that'll change come this weekend.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2007 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2007 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see that center console...
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2007 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ask and yee shall receive. Here's a closer picture of the finished console.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn he does good work! I couldn't do upholstry like that if I had to!
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Ask and yee shall receive. Here's a closer picture of the finished console.

That looks damn hot

PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He is very good at what he does. I highly recommend his work. You're not going to get it done overnight and it's going to cost a little more than $5, but I think it's the best interior out there. Quality wise anyway. The style is up to indvidual tastes.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whadeduck

8907 posts
Member since Jul 2004
Another picture he just sent me. He's moved the mocking up from his formula to another car because his formula has manual windows and mine are power. Mine's also a 5-speed. But It's really starting to come together.

I think the biggest plus about this interior is that no one is going to automatically think the car's a Fiero because of the interior. Smooth flowing lines instead of the boxy and modular look of the stock interior. And because of the great job Amida's doing, the interior looks like it came with the car that way. Normally the interior's done with more of a flat piece over the computer. But Rob accomidated my request of keeping the Fiero-like glove box to keep what little storage our little cars have. I think it turned out great.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 06-22-2007).]

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Great work done so far!! Thanx for the build up of your dash, I hope that one day I can afford this dash too! I am loving seeing it come together!!

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OHH MAN!!! Sooo sexy Get to work on that car!!!

------------------
88 GT built 3.2 5 speed
To be unveiled on July 24th 2008 at the 25th Anniversary show in Pontiac Michigan. Top secret until then. You won't miss it!

Dana McAlister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dana McAlisterClick Here to visit Dana McAlister's HomePageSend a Private Message to Dana McAlisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow, thats an amazing interior!....i really like the center console everything looks like its suppose to be there. is there anywhere that you can get the shift gate like you have? will it fit in the stock console?
TorqueWench

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TorqueWenchSend a Private Message to TorqueWenchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that's beautiful.
i'm officially jealous. ^_^
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dana McAlister:
is there anywhere that you can get the shift gate like you have? will it fit in the stock console?

You can PM or email Amida. I don't know where he gets the shift gate, if he makes it himself, or if it's a genuine Ferrari piece. So far, the only things I've provided him, were a piece of carpet to do the doors so they'd match the new stuff I'm puting on the floors, the old glove box door from my console, and the HVAC panel from Riceburner. Everything else, he's provided. I can only hope that the exterior, when I finish it, will do the interior justice. Hope I don't screw anything up when I install it either. Anyone know where I can get a "355 Interior Installation For Dummies" book?

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 06-22-2007).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing photographically to update on. But I think I fried my alarm system I was trying to install. Everything was working until I tried to install the starter interrupt. Then nothing worked. Even tried to unhook everything and test the bare-bones system. Nothing. I think I fired the CPU. So I ordered a new alarm last weekend and, if it's here by this weekend, I'll get to work on it straight away. It's a newer Viper system. Hopefully it'll have better instructions than the Alpine one did.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

fieroluv

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroluvSend a Private Message to fieroluvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't it have an in-line fuse? usually that will pop before the cpu will. Just thought I'd ask.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I checked the fuses and they're all intact. Even hotwired the siren and LED to test those separately. They all worked. I'm thinking, probably due to crappy and vague instructions, I may have ran voltage through something that shouldn't have had voltage running throught it and fried the main brain. I've seen some bad instruction sheets before but the ones that came with that system have to be the worst I've ever seen. I think they may assume that the person reading them has installed alarm systems all of their lives and can fill in the many blanks and missing steps. I'm hoping the instructions that come with the new system will be much more clear and detailed.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

PFF
System Bot
fierokit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierokitSend a Private Message to fierokitEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Just wanted to post a couple of shots I got today. Kind of liked the shot from the rear quarter.

And here's a closer shot of the rear lip spoiler for another member who requested it. Masking tape and all.

Where did you buy the taillights for the ferrari look? I'd like to buy that type of taillight for my body-kit, did it come with the horse-emblem?
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's where I got the tail light panel.
http://kahines.com
The horses didn't come with it. I have two of prancing horses and I'm not going to be using them so they're up for sale if you want them.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got some more pics from Amida (Rob). He's got the gauge pod just about finished.

And the driver's side door panel is just about done. It's being baked in the sun.

I don't think I can say enough about the quality of the work he's doing.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whade,

Sorry if i missed it but do you plan to use coilovers or lowering springs ?

I guess i am assuming you are lowering it ?
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Both. I have coil overs for the rear and lowering springs for the front.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida (Rob) is pretty much done with the door panels now except for the "pistol grips." I am much pleased with his work. Just can't say enough about how much he pays attention to the details.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 07-13-2007).]

Fierari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierariSend a Private Message to FierariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn, that's beautiful workmanship,

would you please stop posting pics!!! My bank account can't stand it. Must resist, must resist, must resist.

Where's the handle to close the door, yeah, that makes a good excuse, or is it not there yet?

[This message has been edited by Fierari (edited 07-13-2007).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's the "pistol grip" he hasn't finished yet. I believe all he has left to finish is the dash itself.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whadeduck

8907 posts
Member since Jul 2004

Originally posted by Fierari:

Damn, that's beautiful workmanship,

would you please stop posting pics!!! My bank account can't stand it. Must resist, must resist, must resist.

Where's the handle to close the door, yeah, that makes a good excuse, or is it not there yet?

C'mon. Send him an e-mail and place the order. Everybody's doin' it. You're not cool unless you do.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock