Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  88 Coupe 4.9 Swap Thread (Page 18)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
88 Coupe 4.9 Swap Thread by josef644
Started on: 08-26-2009 06:29 PM
Replies: 681 (22163 views)
Last post by: Reallybig on 11-20-2015 08:28 PM
sleevePAPA

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sleevePAPASend a Private Message to sleevePAPAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dj_bones:

Hello, I bought my 86 2m4 last year. it is an automatic. I saved it from the scrap yard and it has been a long journey to get it on the road. It's a nice daily driver with 150K but I need some more go. I have just bought an even rougher 84 2m6 4 speed that can't be saved. My plans were to swap the 2m6 drive into my 2m4. I have been reading up on the web and the 4.9 swap has caught my eye. My question is what would be the better swap for my 2m4 auto? and is there a step by step someplace for the 4.9 swap into my 2m4. I'm mechanically inclined but the electrical is a bit intimidating. Planning on the grand am brake upgrade and power steering. I've already done a complete LED swap and customized light system but that's still pretty basic + - and relay system. never messed with an computer in a car and the gages.

Go ahead and start a separate thread, as this is a build thread. This way you can have your own thread to discuss plans and ask questions, and probably get more attention.

IP: Logged
Reallybig

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dj_bones:

Hello, I bought my 86 2m4 last year. it is an automatic. I saved it from the scrap yard and it has been a long journey to get it on the road. It's a nice daily driver with 150K but I need some more go. I have just bought an even rougher 84 2m6 4 speed that can't be saved. My plans were to swap the 2m6 drive into my 2m4. I have been reading up on the web and the 4.9 swap has caught my eye. My question is what would be the better swap for my 2m4 auto? and is there a step by step someplace for the 4.9 swap into my 2m4. I'm mechanically inclined but the electrical is a bit intimidating. Planning on the grand am brake upgrade and power steering. I've already done a complete LED swap and customized light system but that's still pretty basic + - and relay system. never messed with an computer in a car and the gages.

I tried to do a step by step in my thread "let's replace my 88's 4cylinder with a 4.9!" ... or something like that. You'll find it in search. Buy a pre-made harness. Money well spent. Sorry to hijack.

[This message has been edited by Reallybig (edited 11-20-2015).]

IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock