Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2392 (259908 views)
Last post by: Amida on 03-31-2024 09:12 PM
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2006 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang it!!!
i knew i should've of had you upholstered my interior.
hopefully, i can find someone local who can do that good of a job.

IP: Logged
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2006 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who does your trim work, I just had one of my countach dashes done by a local shop and it's so bad that it's got me thinking about getting a comercial machine and giving it a try myself. I really think I can't do any worse than what the shop did. BTW those 355 parts look absolutly awsome.

Guns kill people, like spoons made Rosie O'donnel fat. Joe
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2006 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey thanks guys. Fresh leather sure does smell nice. I guess I should have posted the pics on a different thread for easier searching.

RCR, How's your CAD design looking? My new bumper design will put a more modern face on the Fiero.

Tomslick, Any experienced custom upholsterer should be able to do a good job for you. It'll probably take them a 1 1/2 weeks to do. How far are you on coupe?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2006 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by motoracer838:

Who does your trim work, I just had one of my countach dashes done by a local shop and it's so bad that it's got me thinking about getting a comercial machine and giving it a try myself. I really think I can't do any worse than what the shop did.

Motoracer838, I fabricate & upholster the interiors in my home shop in Seattle. Initially I designed the interior for my 355 replica, but it turned out that several others needed it for their cars as well. What is the problem on your Countach dash? Any pics?

Thanks,

Rob
Fiero Interior Conversions
Seattle, WA. USA

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 08-02-2006).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2006 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Rob... To be honest, it's been a real busy summer. I seems like months since I last looked at it. I do have a sketch I did a couple weeks ago here at work, but I need to have it scanned (maybe today). It uses several different body kits that are readily available (and cheap) and should be easily modified to fit the Fiero. Plus it has the widebody stance of my 3d model. You don't know how bad I want to get back to working on the car, but it won't be for a couple more weeks, minimum.

Let's see some more stuff...

Bob
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2006 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like this idea but what about a healight out of an S2000? Sort of like this

Just tossing around ideas.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2006 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What do you think? I'm working on a roadster version, too.

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2006 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:

I like this idea but what about a healight out of an S2000? Sort of like this

Like the lights. I'll see if I can draw them in.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2006 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by RCR:

Bob

Looks good. The new glass will make a huge difference and it's available too.

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2006 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob, you asked whats wrong with the work on my Countach parts, a better question might be what's right with them.

more to come. Joe

[This message has been edited by motoracer838 (edited 08-06-2006).]

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2006 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

motoracer838

3751 posts
Member since Jan 2006
More pics.

This is probably the best looking veiw

In all fairness the shop only charged me $350 to do the three parts, but it did take more than six months and several tries to get to that point. Of course the car in geneal is such a POS that these parts are a huge improvement over what the car had in it when it arived at my place, it goes away this week( Hooray) I can hardly wait.

It's good to have an open mind,
just not so open that your brains fallout. Joe
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2006 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Joe,
I think if it wasn't for all the little cut-outs, the Lambo dash would be a relatively simple piece to cover. It took several tries huh? Fabricating some bezels around all the switches & controls will help clean-up the look, and the wrinkles around the edges & corners can be pulled out and re-glued. If you're selling the car, then I suppose you could leave that work to the new happy owner.

Rob
Fiero Interior Conversions
Seattle, WA. USA

Fie Ro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2006 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida: hope you get your ideas lined up and put into reality...they look good
motoracer: yes that doesnt look real good...what can I say... you could have done it better yourself (in the end)..A roll of vinyl, knife, hot glue and some dedication can do it...

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:

..doing the same here... did some tryouts with that pic..thanks...crashed about here

I used neon rice eating sticks to mark the intakes
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2006 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob, the car belongs to a client of mine, who bought the car off of Ebay. When it got here it took me about five miniuts to hang the name, the Steaming Pile on the car. Wich of course has stuck.

I think that if the padding was relived where the selvige lies would have helped, I sugjested this when I saw one of the earlier attempts ( I use attempt loosely ) he didn't listen. this is such an improvment over what came in the car that I'm going to let it go ( I'm so far out time on this thing that it has to go ) if it was for one of mine it would be completly unacceptable.

Joe
trots

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2006 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotsSend a Private Message to trotsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bob

looks rather familiar, love it

------------------

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2006 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Hey, that looks like a cool open roadster.
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

I used neon rice eating sticks to mark the intakes

Wow that is really cool looking... like what you did with it
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2006 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went on a tangent on this idea after seeing pics of the T-Rex...thought it looked more like a toad, actually. Thought a jetfighter streamlining would make it look sportier w/ inboard F1 susp.

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2006 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,
Have you seen the GM tandem? It was an 80's concept car that used a nuber of Fiero components. Not quite what you drew, but a two seater with a jet fighter canopy.

I took these at the GM Heritage Museum last fall when the Michigan Fiero Club got a chance to tour the facility.

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2006 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've not seen that one before. Real cool. It looks to have a Fiero instrument cluster.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2006 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes...It used the cluster/instruments, seats, drivetrain, and front suspension. Corvette tail lamps.

Bob
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2006 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm getting closer to finalizing the design of the modernized front aero bumper. It'll utilize the late model GP & Solstice combo lights. To add more definition to the bull-nose look of the stock aero fascia, I've incorporated a horizontal split line/seam extending from one side moulding to the other. It fits in well with the existing side mouldings and continues the division line around the nose. I've finished fabricating the intermediate moulds for the design, and the next thing is to position the sections onto the chassis and blend it all together into one full size model. When the modelling is all done I'll save the design in an epoxy master mould.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 10-31-2006).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2006 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool Rob...I'm glad you kept the notchback. What happened to the stretch, or is that a future design mod? Also, I think you should look at moving the headlights further forward. I have another sketch with that and I think it looks much better.

cheers...

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2006 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob, I've been focusing on the replacement bumper lately. You mean move the foglights forward? The thing I want to avoid is making that front valance panel too wide. The length of the nose is really dependant on where the plunging hood line & horizontal seam intersect at the front. The good thing about having the seam is that I can push the bumper forward, if needed, for a little more length without widening the valance. We'll see when I start shaping the model. I did do a 3 inch stretch version to see what it'll look like. I extended the nose by about 1 1/2" just for comparison.

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2006 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, move the headlights up. I'm looking at about 4 inches. I would remove the doors from the hood and integrate them to the lamps, similar to the 80's Firebirds. I would also switch to the round projectors and only open them about 3/3.5 inches, similar to I believe Fieroking did with his build thread. The biggest hurdle is the radiator cross member needs to be trimmed to move the lights forward.

Just another crazy idea roaming in this head of mine.

Bob

PS, I like the lengthened rear, but the shorter nose. I espesially like the "hip" on the rear fender.

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 10-27-2006).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2006 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I think the nose is a little long. Can't do anything about the headlights for the replacement bumper, but definitely can do on a custom project. I'll draw something up. I'm really liking the shorter 3" stretch, it can be done without cutting the chassis.

Rob

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here I moved the nose back to normal & added a rear lip instead of the wing.

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Here I moved the nose back to normal & added a rear lip instead of the wing.

ya look at the difference between demiaters(my spelling may be off) front bumper and the fiero warehouse one, not hard to see which one looks better and why

------------------
I'd rather own a real fiero than a fake ferrari.

having an rice that can run 11's...is kinda like comming out of the closet....your going to suprise a lot of people....but in the end your still gay

Nitrous is neat
turbos are hard to beat
but when it comes down to it i would rather be BLOWN!

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The bumper from Dietmar uses the Fiero side mouldings which is how I like it as well, and is how I'm doing my bumper. I'd like to keep it looking like a factory Fiero, but with some late model Pontiac features.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the biggest difference is the length, demietar's looks best IMO because its shorter. I'm pretty sure you have to cut the ends of the steal bumper when putting his bumper on.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know what you mean. I wasn't sure if it was due to the overall length, or just due to the division line dipping downward creating the 'smiley face'.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2006 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, move the headlights up. I'm looking at about 4 inches. I would also switch to the round projectors and only open them about 3/3.5 inches, similar to I believe Fieroking did with his build thread.

Moved the head light flaps forward into the nose. Sheetmetal work is a given for this mod. I would do the small projectors as well. 300zx lights could work here.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2006 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait to see what you come up with if you ever dive into it.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll be jumping into this Pontiac style nose pretty shortly; the first of three designs that I wanted to put onto the Fiero.

I'm also playing a little with this F360 type nose idea for the Fiero also. But, as a stock replacement fascia I think there is
a functionality issue with airflow & cooling the Fiero radiator. Will a 360 type nose be able to cool a stock Fiero radiator?

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure the 360 nose would be fine with a little extra piece behind, it could get the air to the radiator.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jmbishop

4484 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Originally posted by qwikgta:

I always liked this stretch concept.

Rob

I think I can see why there isn't much about this car. for the first time I noticed the roof had a unatractive chop, it might be worth finishing but a kit like I have seen that he claimed in a E-mail would suck and not be a fun thing to try to work with.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a rough mock-up, but I think I see where he's going with it. It's a long stretch, about 15". I wonder how far along he got with it. It may look like this after the panels have been blended together.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 11-04-2006).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2006 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little more work on the 3" stretch notchback. My new GTP nose with lengthened sailpanels and GT rear fascia with shaved bumper pad. Decklid raised about an inch to create more rake in body line.

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2006 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope to see you start a real car like these drawlings.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 11-20-2006).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2006 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You mean like this trusty subject ready to get a face lift?

Here I chopped the B-pillar by just 3/4" & layed the roof down to get more teardrop shape. This is do-able with stock doorglass because it's been done on the 512TR replicas. I feel like "Dr. 90210".

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock