Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 40)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259626 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:
Those look like large Autometer gauges which will need an even larger bezel, or go with an external gauge setup.

Sorry, should have specified. I didn't mean these specific gauges, just a possibility of using 3 round gauges in place of the Fiero OEM rectangle ones. I was thinking for people who need a 3rd gauge, or want to closer imitate the Gallardo look.

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 04-27-2012).]

IP: Logged
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007

When I'm done designing this dash...I am done, done, done, and moving on to my F6 Formula project.

What do you mean done? Not doing interiors anymore? Or done with this interior? What's an F6?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i could be wrong, but i think he means in designing " new stuff ".
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's the plan...a simple & affordable replacement dash with modern, recognizable Italian styling. If I design this right a monkey should be able to install this in one weekend.

Rob
The project looks great

Do you have an idea of what the price range will be ????
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Rob
The project looks great

Do you have an idea of what the price range will be ????

Lamb I'm trying to keep it around $1000-$1500, but the more parts that I have to design & fabricate the higher the cost. Upholstery is optional. Thanks.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Sorry, should have specified. I didn't mean these specific gauges, just a possibility of using 3 round gauges in place of the Fiero OEM rectangle ones. I was thinking for people who need a 3rd gauge, or want to closer imitate the Gallardo look.

There you go again with that Gallardo talk...you sound just like a kitcar guy...have to replicate every little detail.

The good thing about fiberglass is that it can be easily shaped & re-shaped. But, don't anyone think about spashing my dash or else doom & destruction will descend upon ye.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by exoticse:

i could be wrong, but i think he means in designing " new stuff ".

I will be spending the time needed to finish my F6 Formula widetrack project, because the ladies don't think I'm too cool looking driving my Honda minivan.
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rob, would you be willing to sell a piece like this? This piece alone would greatly help me with my dual din install.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was correct.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

Rob, would you be willing to sell a piece like this? This piece alone would greatly help me with my dual din install.

If you mean a dual din swap for the stock dash, there is enough room in the stock dash for dual din IF you eliminate the center air vents. But, to keep the air vents means a new center piece must be made that is at least 1" taller. If you need me to fabricate a On-off cener piece for you please send me a PM.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

Here is what use to be in the right side opposite the mileage:

I am also working on more modern Iconic looking dash warning lights...once they are all completed and high res...I will offer for free down load and can be printed with laser color printer on clear overhead 8.5x11 sheets. Then use colored LED lights for each for the desired effect:
code:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 04-28-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
cebix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cebixSend a Private Message to cebixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Rob,

I am also working on more modern Iconic looking dash warning lights...once they are all completed and high res...I will offer for free down load and can be printed with laser color printer on clear overhead 8.5x11 sheets. Then use colored LED lights for each for the desired effect:
code:

Hi. I have a question about those lights in the upper right corner the "SECURITY OIL CHANGE SOON" ones. Are they standard? Or did they come with some year/options? I just have a blank spot there. Thanks.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I though I had remember there being a security light on my friend's 88 GT in high school....so i went hunting and found this pict...not sure what years or options was needed, but that is what went there from factory, if you had these options....sorry on so little details.
cebix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cebixSend a Private Message to cebixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I though I had remember there being a security light on my friend's 88 GT in high school....so i went hunting and found this pict...not sure what years or options was needed, but that is what went there from factory, if you had these options....sorry on so little details.

Cool. First time I see this so I wonered if it's original. Actually I don't even remember seeing it in the service/owner's manuals while I did see a "LOW COOLANT" idiot light in them though I'm sure it never was equipped in any car.

Very nice thread by the way.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amid a, you keep misunderstanding me. I don't want a exact replica Gallardo dash. Considering the Lamborghini Gallardo was originally built in 2003 and sold over 10,000 copies, I'd say the design is quite dated.

The reason I wanted you to make sure there is enough height is because I wanted to give the option for people who have multiple gauges, similar to what they do on stock center consoles. I did this with a large user base in mind. (So you have more people who are interested in your dash.) They can have more than 3 gauges there for all I care. You could then list it as a feature when selling your dash.

My dream dash would be F355, Gallardo, Audi R8, Aston Martin, Lotus Evora dash stuck in a blender on high, with an LCD screen gauge cluster. There are elements from all these dashes I like (Such as the "water fall", large Navi screen fairly high up and easily seen, the curvyness, etc.)

For instance I love "barely there" vents as I believe they just waste dash "real estate", which could be used for other things. (like a tablet PC sized screen) I do understand these dashes are a compromise and have to appeal to the largest amount of users. I understand vents serve a purpose of blowing air, which is why I know I need them, but I don't necessarily want to look at them. To me it's a prime spot.

Example of what I mean:

Link

Original dash:

Obviously that's not everybody's cup of tea. What I'm saying is that I DON'T WANT A REPLICA. I want something functional and most of all stylish and modern.

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 05-01-2012).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2012 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another way to get rid of vents FYI: (obviously not for the G1 dash, but nonetheless interesting)
The VW Phaeton has "hidden vents"
"The Phaeton model features an advanced system that has a passive cooling / heating system with hidden vents to prevent draft and airflow (though vents are provided behind hidden doors). " - Wikipedia
"You know how, when it's hot out and the AC is blasting cold air cold air across your frozen knuckles even thought the rest of the car is still in the triple digits? Well, the Phaeton has regular vents to quickly heat or cool the cabin. But once the desired temperature is achieved, covers deploy over those vents and act as radiators, sparing your poor, icy hands." - Jalopnik
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rob,

Thanks for looking that up. Looks like I will have to make a cut-out on the right side of the panel after all...just like on the stock piece.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

My dream dash would be F355, Gallardo, Audi R8, Aston Martin, Lotus Evora dash stuck in a blender on high, with an LCD screen gauge cluster. There are elements from all these dashes I like (Such as the "water fall", large Navi screen fairly high up and easily seen, the curvyness, etc.)

Alot of cool idea...you should build it and start a new dream dash thread.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The G1 dash will utilize the Pontiac G6 glove box assembly which can be purchased cheaply on Ebay. The assembly is complete with latch, striker, hinges, and box which will make for a very simple installation. The excess side panel & some of the lower flange will need to be trimmed off. A section of the box itself will also need to be trimmed and capped in order to clear the ac/heater exchange unit.

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Alot of cool idea...you should build it and start a new dream dash thread.

I may one day. But for now I'm more interested in buying your dash.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Thank you for keeping the pictures coming.
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

Everything is coming together nicely. I can't wait to get mine! Two quick things:

1. would your Ferrari door panel work with the G1 dash?

&

Can you tell me the measurements in the area I have boxed out in red. Trying to see if I could evenly space my push start and other billet buttons there or not.

code:

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can you tell me the measurements in the area I have boxed out in red. Trying to see if I could evenly space my push start and other billet buttons there or not.
code:

For inspiration:

That would look awesome for a start button location. Worst case you could make the vents square, but even with the round vents it would look awesome!

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2012 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rob,

Everything is coming together nicely. I can't wait to get mine! Two quick things:

1. would your Ferrari door panel work with the G1 dash?

&

code:

The area is 11 3/4 x 1 3/8.

The upper front corner of the fi355 door panel will crash into the G1 dash when door is closed.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2012 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by jb1:

Might want to check with him, He emailed me about a month or two ago and said he had some available,

I ordered a blue panel around the holidays...haven't heard from him since. Waited a couple years for 355 panels which I've given up on. Don't know what the hold up is, don't really care anymore. At some point you just have to say WTF and move on.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2012 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dash top panel being setup in a jig.

Checking for level before bonding top panel into place.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2012 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

I had an idea I thought you might consider for your speedo and tach gauges:

Create your own faces with a sheet plasmafilm , an Inkjetprinter , and inkjetfilm

The Plasmafilm is white and when activated deep blue (also come in Green & Red)

This is what another member from Germany did a few years back and it is pretty easy to do.

and when lite up:

http://www.cooltronix.com

I am planning on doing them for mine, but I am thinking about inverting the black and white...probably will do a few and then decide what I like best.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 05-04-2012).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2012 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is what another member from Germany did a few years back and it is pretty easy to do.

Cool.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2012 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
G1 dash top panels bonded in place.

This dash is really starting to take shape now. This is going to be a very nice stock replacement. Surprisingly, the dash only extends out as far as the stock Fiero side vents before curving back under.

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2012 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AMAZING! Just looking AMAZING!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2012 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida which dash are you going to put in YOUR car ??

With all the killer stuff you make your car will be absolutely jawdropping !
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2012 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Amida which dash are you going to put in YOUR car ??

With all the killer stuff you make your car will be absolutely jawdropping !

I'll need to have a finished sample, so I'll be installing the new dash with leather upholstery into my F6 widetrack project. It'll really give the interior a whole new look & feel. Thanks.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2012 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

Are you considering using the small circle window defrost instead of stock square fireo pieces...like in the right hand corner of the photo below above the passenger side air vent:

code:

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This dash is really starting to take shape now. This is going to be a very nice stock replacement. Surprisingly, the dash only extends out as far as the stock Fiero side vents before curving back under.

Cool. That's what I was always worried about.
Thanks.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks really good! I want it!

tayne

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tayneSend a Private Message to tayneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

G1 dash top panels bonded in place.

Wow Looks Great! I would love one too. When they are ready.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amid a, you keep misunderstanding me. I don't want a replica Gallardo dash. I wanted to give the optionsto people who have multiple gauges, similar to what they do on stock center consoles.

My dream dash would be F355, Gallardo, Audi R8, Aston Martin dash stuck in a blender on high, with an LCD screen gauge cluster. There are elements from all these dashes I like
(Such as the "water fall", large Navi screen.)
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rob,

Are you considering using the small circle window defrost instead of stock square fireo pieces...like in the right hand corner of the photo below above the passenger side air vent:

code:

I think it looks cleaner without the second vent. If the door glass gets foggy then just aim the main side vent to the glass. But, you can always ad the second vent if you just gotta have it there.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by yellowstone:

That looks really good! I want it!

Yeah, I'm really liking how it's turning out.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Amid a, you keep misunderstanding me. I don't want a replica Gallardo dash. I wanted to give the optionsto people who have multiple gauges, similar to what they do on stock center consoles.

My dream dash would be F355, Gallardo, Audi R8, Aston Martin dash stuck in a blender on high, with an LCD screen gauge cluster. There are elements from all these dashes I like
(Such as the "water fall", large Navi screen.)

You should start your own dream dash thread.

Fi355 interior info sent.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock