Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  FieroGT stretch Concept (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FieroGT stretch Concept by Amida
Started on: 02-11-2006 05:08 PM
Replies: 2389 (259625 views)
Last post by: Mahanimal on 01-06-2024 01:29 PM
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2008 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

I haven't quite priced it out yet, but I'm hoping I can keep it under $550. I've decided to go ahead with the two piece nose. I'll have a better idea when I do a time trial on how long it takes to make. Thank, Rob

Please keep me in mind on this also...Can't wait to see the finished product- The fact that it is shorter and stil flows smoothly has me ready to pony up the cash if you go with it!

-Gary
IP: Logged
blkcofy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2008 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida,
Definitely put me on your short list for the nose. I'm saving my pennies for one of your custom dashes.

Quick question, how much can be cut on dashes to make them fit before it's not worth the time to fabricate? In other words, I've been looking at the interior dash of a Grand Prix GXP. The width looks doable, but the depth and height of the dash seems problematic. Can you bird eye this picture and guesstimate if this is a doable project? My main interest is being able to use the electronics (guages, pods, ect) from this dash as I now have the BCM and ECM installed as part of my LS4 swap.

Blkcofy

[This message has been edited by blkcofy (edited 02-06-2008).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2008 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blkcofy:

Amida,
Definitely put me on your short list for the nose. I'm saving my pennies for one of your custom dashes.

Quick question, how much can be cut on dashes to make them fit before it's not worth the time to fabricate? In other words, I've been looking at the interior dash of a Grand Prix GXP. The width looks doable, but the depth and height of the dash seems problematic. Can you bird eye this picture and guesstimate if this is a doable project? My main interest is being able to use the electronics (guages, pods, ect) from this dash as I now have the BCM and ECM installed as part of my LS4 swap.
Blkcofy

You might check with RCR, I think he's doing a GP dash. The spacing on the driver side looks good. For sure the empty bay below the hvac will need to be removed & possibly the 2DIN stereo replaced with 1DIN. The cut lines in the bezel will need smoothing & repainted or covered with carbon look-a-like film. Passenger side not sure if needs trimming. Total width should be 54" or less . Windshield base may need trimming as well. Cool looking instruments .

blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2008 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You might check with RCR, I think he's doing a GP dash.

Thanks Amida! I sent you an email. Who's RCR, I'd love to see if he's done one and how difficult it is.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2008 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Blkcofy, check out the thread listed below... RCR is a member here, and unfortunately he isn't doing a Grand Prix dash, but a Grand Am dash....

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/058202.html

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the same Formula idea with & without the 1" roof slant & window tilt.
x

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the above design is starting to look a little too much like a gen-one MR2. I'd stick with the earlier design. It just seems to "flow" a little better. Just an opinion. Feel free to tell me to shut the hell up.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blkcofy:
Here is the thread I mentioned in my PM: //www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/040418-13.html
This is a car that Orville is building. There are probably other pictures around, but this is where I saw them. I didn't realize it was a GP until I rented a new one later that day.

Rob: Too much like the MR2..I like the Ferrari influenced design better, fwiw...Keep up the inspirational work.

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFanatic13:

Please keep me in mind on this also...Can't wait to see the finished product- The fact that it is shorter and stil flows smoothly has me ready to pony up the cash if you go with it!

-Gary

Right, you can see the difference here. Bottom side of the GT aero nose vs. the new Fi355 bottom.
x

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 02-07-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

I think the above design is starting to look a little too much like a gen-one MR2. I'd stick with the earlier design. It just seems to "flow" a little better. Just an opinion. Feel free to tell me to shut the hell up.

Funny, that was never the intention. The MK1 & the Notchie do look very similar from the start. I wonder how that happened.
x

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Switched to a modified GT Aero nose & rounded the back slightly. The sloped surface of the GT nose creates a longer look up front.
x
x

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 02-12-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Blkcofy:
Here is the thread I mentioned in my PM: //www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/040418-13.html
This is a car that Orville is building. There are probably other pictures around, but this is where I saw them. I didn't realize it was a GP until I rented a new one later that day.

Rob: Too much like the MR2..I like the Ferrari influenced design better, fwiw...Keep up the inspirational work.

Bob

Extremely helpful. At least now I know it fits!! I've asked MadCurl if he can connect with Orville to find some more pictures. If Amida wasn't so darn popular I'd just as well send him the dash and let him work his magic to make it a plug and play for me...but he's got that NOSE to finish!!! Back to the nose...back to the nose!!

blkcofy
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2008 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A couple more mods: Replaced the stock base mouldings with new slanted type & switched to the extended windshield that I have for the 355 kit. I can still see Fiero in this, which is good. Wheelbase is 3" longer yet overall length is shorter than the stock Formula due to the shaved rear bumper. I would like to see a Northstar in this one.
x

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2008 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would like to see a Northstar in this one.
x

Build it for me and I'll at least put an Aurora in it. If you insist on the N*, I'll do it.

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2008 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Build it for me and I'll at least put an Aurora in it. If you insist on the N*, I'll do it.

Bob

That would be cool. I thought the Aurora is a 4.0L version of a N* . Are there other differences? I've been itching to do something like this or one of my other ideas to my Formula in the driveway. Maybe I could do a one-off & if anyone would like the same I could do some temporary moulds directly from the car.

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That would be cool. I thought the Aurora is a 4.0L version of a N* . Are there other differences? I've been itching to do something like this or one of my other ideas to my Formula in the driveway. Maybe I could do a one-off & if anyone would like the same I could do some temporary moulds directly from the car.

Nope, you're right. They're pretty much the same. I only mentioned it because I have the Aurora. If you insisted on the N* (4.6L), then I'll take my Aurora out and get a N*. It would still use the same mounts, etc.
Now when can I expect my body kit?

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back to the nose...back to the nose!!

blkcofy

It's alot more block sanding than I expected, but almost there. Got half of my demo unit lacquer painted & loosely fitted; still have to buff it out later. To prep, all it needed was some sanding & a little filler for the mould seams above the spear tips. The new paint makes the rest of the car look like crappola. Will need to replace the faded turn signals with a new set.
x

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 02-18-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Nope, you're right. They're pretty much the same. I only mentioned it because I have the Aurora. If you insisted on the N* (4.6L), then I'll take my Aurora out and get a N*. It would still use the same mounts, etc.
Now when can I expect my body kit?

Bob

Will have to finish a few projects for others before I can work on something for myself...it always ends up that way doesn't it?

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's alot more block sanding than I expected, but almost there. Got half of my demo unit lacquer painted & loosely fitted; still have to buff it out later. As is, it just needed sanding & a little filler for the mould seams above the spear tips. The new paint makes the rest of the car look like crappola. Will need to replace the faded turn signals with a new set.
x

Paint looks sweet on the new piece. So, uh.....you're gonna come to Myrtle Beach when I need to have paint thrown on the Ferrario right?

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Paint looks sweet on the new piece. So, uh.....you're gonna come to Myrtle Beach when I need to have paint thrown on the Ferrario right?

Just wait until I get it polished up with the new nose. With all the prep work that goes into priming, painting & polishing just one panel, I wonder how good a Maaco paint job can actually look.

Thanks.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The surface of this nose has curves , design lines & radii all over it which makes hand block sanding a very, very, slow & tedious task. The entire surface was coated with glaze which is slowly being sanded off to achieve as smooth a surface as possible. I decided to go with the Formula wheel tubs instead of the GT tubs which I thought kicked the sides out too much at the bottom. Anyone with GT tubs can trim it down.
x

PFF
System Bot
Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As expected this is going to come out looking amazing. Are you still planning on making use of the modual style nose with the 512 as well?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tusch:

As expected this is going to come out looking amazing. Are you still planning on making use of the modual style nose with the 512 as well?

Yes, I still have the 512 donor waiting in the wings. Part of the reason why I'm spending so much time on the Fi355 nose is that it's going to be the base structure for any future nose designs. So, I'm literally going over every square millimeter with a caliper, devider, block & sandpaper. Once that's all set-up any other design that I do will just be cosmetic changes. Look for the Fi512 nose mid to late summer. Thanks.
x

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Look for the Fi512 nose mid to late summer. Thanks.

dang... no way you could move that up. i kind of like the 512 nose better.

86_fiero_gt_92

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_fiero_gt_92Send a Private Message to 86_fiero_gt_92Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

this is a little mod i thought up to make it look more modern
the lines under the car show the cars original length and wheelbase
i kept the same roof, doors, and windshield. i had to make my own fastback because i only had a nochy drawing.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86_fiero_gt_92:

this is a little mod i thought up to make it look more modern
the lines under the car show the cars original length and wheelbase
i kept the same roof, doors, and windshield. i had to make my own fastback because i only had a nochy drawing.

That's cool. Is this your Fiero project? Does someone already make that rear spoiler?

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Here's a work of art:
x

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

dang... no way you could move that up. i kind of like the 512 nose better.

The 512 has a flatter profile that is more similar to the GT aero nose without the front rake. I'll have to focus on a few interior in the coming months.
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I would seriously buy a 512 nose if you supplied one that would bolt up to my 88gt.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

Wow, I would seriously buy a 512 nose if you supplied one that would bolt up to my 88gt.

88White, It's a good thing that I went with the 2-piece design which will make other designs simpler to do. Is that a flame job on your car? Got a bigger pic?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The sun came out just in time for one last wet check with alcohol before priming. Looks like a go.
x

PFF
System Bot
86_fiero_gt_92

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_fiero_gt_92Send a Private Message to 86_fiero_gt_92Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's cool. Is this your Fiero project? Does someone already make that rear spoiler?

no this is just something i made up when i didn't have anything to do, when i was little i would always draw those kind of spoilers
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What did you finally end up using for turn signals?

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What did you finally end up using for turn signals?

As is, the 355 & Ford Scorpion lights will do, or if you tell me in advance I can make the holes smaller for the Sebring or Jeep Liberty. The Liberty has a better installed angle & uses two bulbs.
x

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 02-20-2008).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't know why, but I'm partial to the amber lights.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't know why, but I'm partial to the amber lights.

All lights are available in amber as well. I like the clear with amber bulbs used as daytime driving lights.

blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida, I know this is still work in progress, but do you have a ballpark figure you're shooting for in terms of cost for the Fi355 nose?
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is that a flame job on your car? Got a bigger pic?

It's a photoshop of a paint scheme i'm thinking of.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida, I know this is still work in progress, but do you have a ballpark figure you're shooting for in terms of cost for the Fi355 nose?

Blk, From a cost/labor standpoint it would have been more economical to just do the one piece, but I just had to do the factory component look which I thought would be cool. I'm estimating that It'll be US$525 + s/h for the new nose. I'll have a better idea once I do a time trial, & now I'm wondering how much time I have in it so far ? Hmmmm.....
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While waiting for primer to dry I thought I'd throw some meat on the Formula to see how to do lowcost fender flares. Pretty beefy huh? Porsche (5x130) Cromodora Sin wheels 8.5x18f x235x40 , 10x18r x275x35 . Gotta lower the ride height just a tad & maybe replace the go-cart brakes. With the wider width & high offsets the 1" adapters put the wheel centerlines back pretty close to the stock wheel centerline with about 1/2"f / 3/4"r suspension clearance...that's about as far in as it will go. Pretty wild. Last post for a while...too much work to do.
x

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 60 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock